NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 18 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 am

Pieman wrote:

With the way both teams have attacked this year this could end up at a nil all draw. If the tigers defend the way they have in so far this year, there is no fucking way Parra will score a try

Based n the odds bookies have points scored between 20-50, which seems like massive overs.
    Krump
    Krump

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 18 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Krump Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 am

No Worries wrote:

Based n the odds bookies have points scored between 20-50, which seems like massive overs.
    The Over/Under is 38 points! Seems like easy money
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:40 pm

historically, they are very high scoring games arent they?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Refs are killing the eels. In a season full of penalties parra can’t buy one! I’d love to see the stats on how many they have received
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Sharks lost 9-6
    Sea Eagles Draw 12-12
    Panthers lost 10-8
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Tigers avg 10.3 penalties conceded gave away 3 v eels
    Sharks avg 12 gave away 6 v eels
    Manly avg 8.7 gave away 10 v Eels
    Panthers avg 11.3 gave away 8 v eels

Other then manly that’s a massive difference. I today’s game that last 15min parra has the momentum and the tigers were offside on 90% of the plays and not 1 penalty given.

Now the Eels are playing terribly but the extra pressure the bad calls have put on them is making it worse. Simple calls like that one were Moses kicks the ball Masters juggled it out in the open twice then into Moses but Moses is called for the knock on is just typical of what has gone against them.

If Brad Arthur doesn’t take a video to the NRL of all these poor calls to shine a light on them then he isn’t doing his job right
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Just remember they're only 50/50 calls when they don't go your way.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Personally I think we definitely got the rub of the green today, under Badger that is no mean feat for the Tigers.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:19 pm

I have noticed a few Parra fans calling for Arthur's head on the social media threads, gees he is a fantastic coach who doesn't have the cattle at present
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:35 pm

MrCashman wrote:I have noticed a few Parra fans calling for Arthur's head on the social media threads, gees he is a fantastic coach who doesn't have the cattle at present

Those fans are fucking absolute dead shits and not fans if they can't see what Arthur has done for us, regardless of the terrible Opening to the year we have had. "In Brad we Trust" is the only thing that heartens me at the moment as I'm 100% certain he can turn things around. I wouldn't swap him for ANY other coach. He might not be the best coach in the league,but in my view he is THE coach for the Eels.

Our first 40 minutes of the year were great, we had enthusiasm, our forwards competed and laid a platform, we were disciplined for the most part and had equal or better share of possession and our dummy half ran.  Since then none of the above has applied.

Our discipline is terrible, our errors and off The charts, we've had 3, that's right THREE dummy half runs for a total of 10metres in our last three games. You just can't win when your 9 is not prepared to ask question of the opposition as it allows the other teams forwards to dominate the middle. Pritchard had 0 runs today. That simply isn't acceptable.

Arthur has to wield the axe on some of our less disciplined players and he must get our 9 running. That is a strength of Kaysa and I can't believe he had zero runs today. Moses has to take full control and totally free up Norman. And the return of Gutho can't come soon enough.

In the 50 minutes we have been disciplined and had equal possession, we've scored 30 points. So we have points in us, but 50 minutes out of 320 just isn't good enough.

Last edited by Ice on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 pm

I saw Chris Sandow at the pub in Cherbourg a little while back. He was looking very fit at around 135 kegs. Says just get Arthur to give him a call and he’ll get you back on track. I think it’s your only hope. Thank fuck the Bonzos are in the comp, or you’d be specials for another spoon,
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 am

You wouldnt swap him for Bellamy @Ice? I mean, Nathan Brown has done some good things at newcastle this year so far but I would pretty happily swap him for Bellamy lol.

Will be interesting to see if he makes any changes. Personally I think that last 15 min saved a few blokes and it might be a case of who do they replace them with??

I saw a clip of Moses screaming, (and when I say screaming I mean - screaming and sounding like a 14 year old girl) "Get up Cunt" at Kenny edwards when he was trying to milk a penalty. solid Lol. Jeez Moses has been shit this year, yes a lot comes from the lack of go forward, but fuck me dead he has been reading his own press.

They need to chuck a million at Semi to get him back. Not having him is the sole reason they are not going well IMO.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:30 am

That clip of Moses from Fox is comedy gold. I tried posting i here last night and couldn't.

To be fair to Arthur he's copped the rough end of the pineapple when it has come to injuries. He's also juggling Moses who thinks he's god and Hayne who acts like it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Imagine your 23 year old 80kg halfback, who has done nothing in the game, who missed the most tackles in the game - coming out and giving a spray to the forwards at half time and the end of the game on tv. Fuck me dead there would be some fuming forwards who busted themselves all game.

I also noticed in that after the game when they were in the sheds, Gutho was walking around helping blokes take their jerseys off etc while hayne and french stood behind everyone backs turned in their own little group. They really need gutherson back on the park, someone the side enjoys playing with and for.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Pieman wrote:Imagine your 23 year old 80kg halfback, who has done nothing in the game, who missed the most tackles in the game - coming out and giving a spray to the forwards at half time and the end of the game on tv. Fuck me dead there would be some fuming forwards who busted themselves all game.

I also noticed in that after the game when they were in the sheds, Gutho was walking around helping blokes take their jerseys off etc while hayne and french stood behind everyone backs turned in their own little group. They really need gutherson back on the park, someone the side enjoys playing with and for.

Completely agree I didn't realise how important of an influence Gutho was to the team was until I saw that.

Once he is back everything will fall into place. How good did Williams look? Pretty dangerous on that edge. Played half an hour I thought he would be in the middle but if he can go back to trampling centres like he did back at Manly the eels have themselves a very good buy!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    Pieman wrote:Imagine your 23 year old 80kg halfback, who has done nothing in the game, who missed the most tackles in the game - coming out and giving a spray to the forwards at half time and the end of the game on tv. Fuck me dead there would be some fuming forwards who busted themselves all game.

Completely agree I didn't realise how important of an influence Gutho was to the team was until I saw that.

Once he is back everything will fall into place. How good did Williams look? Pretty dangerous on that edge. Played half an hour I thought he would be in the middle but if he can go back to trampling centres like he did back at Manly the eels have themselves a very good buy!

Yep, even my arse cheeks clenched every time he ran. If his back is all sorted he could become a weapon again going on that.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:56 am

SI wrote:

Yep, even my arse cheeks clenched every time he ran.  If his back is all sorted he could become a weapon again going on that.
    This is an interesting comment
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 am

SI wrote:

Yep, even my arse cheeks clenched every time he ran.  If his back is all sorted he could become a weapon again going on that.

"slow down boy, or I'm gonna clench my butt cheeks and rip your dick off" - Mr T
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:02 pm

No Worries wrote:

"slow down boy, or I'm gonna clench my butt cheeks and rip your dick off" - Mr T
    Eddie Murphy T
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 am

Pieman wrote:You wouldnt swap him for Bellamy @Ice? I mean, Nathan Brown has done some good things at newcastle this year so far but I would pretty happily swap him for Bellamy lol.

Will be interesting to see if he makes any changes. Personally I think that last 15 min saved a few blokes and it might be a case of who do they replace them with??

I saw a clip of Moses screaming, (and when I say screaming I mean - screaming and sounding like a 14 year old girl) "Get up Cunt" at Kenny edwards when he was trying to milk a penalty. solid Lol. Jeez Moses has been shit this year, yes a lot comes from the lack of go forward, but fuck me dead he has been reading his own press.

They need to chuck a million at Semi to get him back. Not having him is the sole reason they are not going well IMO.

The jury is out on Bellamy until he coaches a team without Slater, Smith and Cronk. I don't think he would have got us to a top 4 last year. I don't want him at the Eels, no.

As for Moses, I have no problem with him screaming at the perennial faker, and hopefully the team speak about it an Kenny learns its much more beneficial to the team for him to get up and quickly play the ball than faking and injury or playing for a dubious penalty and if that takes the halfback screaming at him, cause nobody else has before then so be it, I can understand Moses frustration behind our soft pack this year and for Kenny to compound it with shit antics like that, then so be it. I'm not concerned about Moses at all, he is just a knew whipping boy to blame.

I agree getting Semi back would be massive, we have missed him and Hoffman and Avua are. O replacements, but to suggest he is the sole reason we aren't going well tells me you haven't watched us this year or just want to pick one thing to blame, such a blinkered, Ill thought out insight from you Pieman.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm