NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 6 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Ice wrote:

I agree, I only needed one look to know it was a shoulder charge and based on past shoulder charges he should have got a week (plea and carry overs not withstanding).

I think the rule is stupid myself, especially if there is no dangerous contact with the head, but the precedence is there that guys have missed a week for a perfectly good shoulder charge.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 6 Ea49746f2787cda42d569f991b76c036?width=700

Blurry, but its not a shoulder charge. His arm isnt tucked in at all.
    Dip

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 6 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Dip Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Pieman wrote:haha what? he had his arm up?
    His arm wasnt tucked against his side was it

For starters it hit the front of his shoulder (ie adjoining the chest) not the point of the shoulder. I.e. JT and Brown were almost chest to chest facing each other. Secondly, well after the first point a second point is not even necessary.

Edit since I notice Ryno's picture: By chest to chest I mean in opposite directions to each other, not that they were lined up perfectly. In that photo you can pretty much see Brown's chest and face square on (with minimal head turn) and JT's back and the back of his head square on. With a shoulder charge, JT would be facing Asiata (the rare exception being if JT blind sided him from side on, which wasn't the case here).
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:14 pm

All I'm saying is he led with the shoulder and first contact was with the shoulder and he never attempted to wrap his arms around him. It wasn't much, a good hit if you ask me and yes, I agree if the only way you can do a shoulder charge is if your arms is tucked against your body then it wasn't a shoulder charge. But I beelive you can perform a shoulder charge without having your arm tucked in and this was it. If he had made contact with the head with his shoulder he would have been charged with a reckless head high shoulder charge.

That said, I stress, I have no issue with the hit, I've just seen less be sat for a week.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smh.com.au%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fimages%2F2%2Fu%2Fa%2Fb%2Fq%2Fimage.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.2ua9k.png%2F1379955600000.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smh.com.au%2Frugby-league%2Fleague-news%2Freplay-of-masons-clash-with-williams-no-place-for-squirt-20130923-2ua9k.html&docid=nhvdXjzBde4LaM&tbnid=mXh6h0ZH4htGoM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiF16eJ77rWAhVGu7wKHd3VAtAQMwg7KAMwAw..i&w=620&h=349&hl=en-au&client=safari&bih=672&biw=1024&q=sbw%20shoulder%20charge&ved=0ahUKEwiF16eJ77rWAhVGu7wKHd3VAtAQMwg7KAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm a gum you, I can't post images, but above is a shoulder charge by SBW on Williams. No arm tucked in.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:00 am

That tackle on Mason by SBW was charged Grade 3 careless high tackle, not a shoulder charge.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 am

Yep, the point is, the shoulder made contact with the head, the shoulder was the first point of contact. The strict definition of arm being tucked in can be daft. He led and made contact with his shoulder. That's a shoulder charge in my view, but I agree not technically to the letter of the law.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 am

What I mean to say is, I think the shoulder charge should be brought back, I don't have an issue with it, but IF there is ANY contact with the head, whether it's careless, reckless or even incidental, it's an automatic say, 5 weeks minimum, or something like that.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:32 am

You are allowed to hit them with your shoulder first, as long as the arm isnt tucked in and its side on.
    Its front on with his arm out - its not a shoulder charge at all lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:35 am

Dip wrote:

For starters it hit the front of his shoulder (ie adjoining the chest) not the point of the shoulder. I.e. JT and Brown were almost chest to chest facing each other. Secondly, well after the first point a second point is not even necessary.

Edit since I notice Ryno's picture: By chest to chest I mean in opposite directions to each other, not that they were lined up perfectly. In that photo you can pretty much see Brown's chest and face square on (with minimal head turn) and JT's back and the back of his head square on. With a shoulder charge, JT would be facing Asiata (the rare exception being if JT blind sided him from side on, which wasn't the case here).

Yeah.... It wasnt a shoulder charge. I agree
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Pieman wrote:You are allowed to hit them with your shoulder first, as long as the arm isnt tucked in and its side on.
    Its front on with his arm out - its not a shoulder charge at all lol

Absolutely technically not a shoulder charge, but he charged at him with his shoulder and made contact with his charged shoulder first. Go figure.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Ice wrote:

Absolutely technically not a shoulder charge, but he charged at him with his shoulder and made contact with his charged shoulder first. Go figure.
    Like pretty much every tackle made in the last 122 years
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Dip wrote:
    Like pretty much every tackle made in the last 122 years

Yep
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Haha yea if you arent making contact with ur shoulder first you are in trouble
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:54 pm

So now speculation that TRex is gonna return, along with the usual speculation about Hayne.

TRex is neither here or there. He will come at a rock bottom. Price with a massive upside IF he can get back to even 80% of his best. I'm comfortable enough with his signing in the absence of anyone else. Wouldn't make out best 17 but if he fires will put pressure on guys for spots and add depth.

Hayne, well.......

If I'm Arthur, before it is even considered I'd be sitting down with Jarryd and clearly outlining his place in the side and seeing if he is willing to accept that That is, he comes as a direct replacement for Semi on the wing, and he is behind Gutherson and French for the 1 at the start of the year and and a backup 6 in case of i jury aaaaaaand, we don't sign him for any more than $500k. Any more than that and I'm not interested.

I think he could work back at the Eels with Tim Mannah baby sitting him, but I'd be very nervous. Again, massive upside if you can get him at the right price, but big risk.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:35 am

my thoughts on the possibility of hayne going to the eels.

I think you have to realise there is a very real chance it goes south and like the titans, the positive direction the club is heading into crashes and burns because of his huge ego and personality affecting the club negatively

BUT end of the day, its about winning comps and while the current eels teams is a top 8 cert and could push for the top 4 again, to me the top 3 are still a class above. if Hayne goes to parra and has one of his year where his head is switched on and plays like we know he can, then maybe it means parra going from being just below those 3 to being right with them with legitimate premiership chances.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised that haynes pulls his finger out in 2018 and has one of those year that makes his fans think he is a god (before obviously believing that himself and playing like a brat in 2019) and if he did do that, it could make the eels a huge threat next year and maybe thats worth the risk.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 pm

The risk is worth it IMO, if the titans pay half his wage.Put him at centre or wing and switch him around with Gutho throughout a game. If by some miracle he hits form again, put him at fullback with gutho on the wing.

Its a bit of a risk but sign him to a 1 year deal and go from there.
    I think he would work well with Moses and Norman as well, with their free style of play.

I actually think that Parra would be silly not to sign him if they can get him at half price.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Yep, it's a risk, but at half the price worth it in my view. I think the players are clearly loyal to Arthur and if Hayne doesn't conform, Arthur could sit him without it destabilising the team. Arthur clearly is a far superior man manager than Henry. All the clubs Henry has left he has left because he was unable to get all the players playing for him, but that is Arthur's strength. Remember, when Hayne last played for Arthur he won the Dally M, so I think the respect and understanding between the two is there.

Still..........it defo has a level of risk, as does any player signing. Look at the Broncos and Bird as an example. A million bucks for an injury prone utility who may or may not be an Origin regular, that's a fair risk.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:10 pm

I didn't want Bird in the first place, though I think you're overstating Bird's "injury prone" nature to paper over a decade of Hayne's BS?

Hayne used to be the guy you feared. Now you just wait for him to throw it to an invisible winger, or go himself into a rabid pack of forwards.

Parra would be infinitely better without him. Half price? Quarter maybe

Post by Guest Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 am

dasherhalo wrote:

I didn't want Bird in the first place, though I think you're overstating Bird's "injury prone" nature to paper over a decade of Hayne's BS?

Hayne used to be the guy you feared. Now you just wait for him to throw it to an invisible winger, or go himself into a rabid pack of forwards.

Parra would be infinitely better without him. Half price? Quarter maybe

He is, i don't know why he felt the need to take that shot, but he couldn't have been any wider of the mark if he tried, this shoulder problem is the first time Bird's missed games through injury since being in the top grade, he's only played a utility role in representive games and has been selected for 5 consecutive origins.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm