NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Milchcow Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Whats the story with MWZ? He's a certain starter now?

Possibly he'll oust Naiqama for a starting spot. But Naiqama gets a lot of love at the Tigers. Maybe Cleary doesn't rate him and wants to get rid of him ASAP. Guess we'll get more clarity come next Tuesday
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 am

Milchcow wrote:

Possibly he'll oust Naiqama for a starting spot. But Naiqama gets a lot of love at the Tigers. Maybe Cleary doesn't rate him and wants to get rid of him ASAP. Guess we'll get more clarity come next Tuesday
    OK great, thanks!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 am

mango wrote:A Tigers forum that I visit has proven itself to be quite accurate in the past when it comes to rumours but at the end of the day these are only rumours and not yet substantiated.

Firstly, the Tigers are being linked to a few players but no word on how far negotiations have progressed. Players include, Lolohea, Alex Johnson, Hopoate, Connor Watson, Aiden Guerra and Russell Packer.

Again this is also a rumour but someone posted there about some chatter on the Roosters forum  that Teddy hasn't signed yet and there was a chance he may not.

Apparently he and Moses have moved into an apartment together and want to keep playing footy together so supposedly Parra have offered him a lucrative deal. To sweeten the deal for the Tigers and and to encourage them to release Moses, they are offering them Beau Scott and Gutho.

It's all happening if its true but I'm not too sure about this last one, it sounds like it may be true but I dont know.  I'm just passing on what I read.

@mango
    Those few players look like the list the respectable rumour monger The Lurker published so I'd say that's the Sauce
    The living arrangement rumour hit the media a couple of weeks ago when they resigned their lease because the 12 month one they were on expired. @SI is right Brooks lives with them too and for all you stalkers out there who know the area set up around The Pier Hotel Woolwich. Plenty of players in opposing teams live together. Every so often it comes out on one of the footy shows who's living with who. As for the Parra player swap I'd say that's just someone's imagination to fit the story. I could however believe that Teddy hasn't signed because Uncle Nick refuses to deal with that Moses clown who manages him after the last back flip and supposedly the deal was done direct with Trent Robinson. So if true it might be Unc that's refusing to lodge it ????
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue May 02, 2017 10:42 am

Are these dumb trades:

JWall to Surgess
    Frankenstein to Adam Elliot
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 02, 2017 10:51 am

Apparently the main reason Tedesco signed for the Roosters was because he wanted to play for a team that had a good chance to win a premiership. Of course the money helps as well & I'm sure this was the main reason but he wouldn't admit this. So this rumour that he now wants to play for the Eels because he wants to keep playing with his mate at the Eels doesn't line up with his original intention of wanting winning a premiership because I don't think the Eels have a chance to win a premiership. Mind you as I said it's all about the money & Tedesco has backflipped a couple of times & gone with the highest bid so if the Eels offer more than the Roosters I'd say he'll backflip once again.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am

White Lightning wrote:Apparently the main reason Tedesco signed for the Roosters was because he wanted to play for a team that had a good chance to win a premiership. Of course the money helps as well & I'm sure this was the main reason but he wouldn't admit this. So this rumour that he now wants to play for the Eels because he wants to keep playing with his mate at the Eels doesn't line up with his original intention of wanting winning a premiership because I don't think the Eels have a chance to win a premiership. Mind you as I said it's all about the money & Tedesco has backflipped a couple of times & gone with the highest bid so if the Eels offer more than the Roosters I'd say he'll backflip once again.

WHAT!? The Eels aren't going to win the premiership? Shocked
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am

How many players are you guys aiming to have for rounds 12, 15, 18 and 19? Right now I have 14,13,13,15
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue May 02, 2017 11:23 am

robloomes wrote:Need advice on this shit:

Smith, (Brailey)
    JWH, Kaufusi, (Yates, nuff)
    Crichton, Surgess, Whitehead (Bodene, Stone, Simpkins)
    SJ, Cleary, (nuff x 2)
    BJ, Smats (M.Jennings, Cotric)
    Slater, RTS, Tedesco, Hayne, (nuff)

18 trades left only, no money.

No cashies have really capped out except for Cotric who I guess I should hold anyway.
    Can probably only afford 2-3 trades to deal with round 12 I guess.

Was thinking Tedesco to Munster since he will probably play Origin. And with the extra little cash Cleary to Norman. That gives 1 more round 12 player and 1 less Origin player.

Not sure if there are better trades available.

I'll dig you out a new avatar today mate, now that I am back at work and have a PC at my disposal.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

itsJay wrote:How many players are you guys aiming to have for rounds 12, 15, 18 and 19? Right now I have 14,13,13,15

As close to 17 as possible, but 13/14 is solid.
    Even so, it's more important to have enough quality players on the field, not just cheap players that would normally sit in your NPRs
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 am

Chewie wrote:

WHAT!? The Eels aren't going to win the premiership? Shocked

They never have & they never will. The current team doesn't have a good enough pack.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Tue May 02, 2017 11:35 am

White Lightning wrote:Apparently the main reason Tedesco signed for the Roosters was because he wanted to play for a team that had a good chance to win a premiership. Of course the money helps as well & I'm sure this was the main reason but he wouldn't admit this. So this rumour that he now wants to play for the Eels because he wants to keep playing with his mate at the Eels doesn't line up with his original intention of wanting winning a premiership because I don't think the Eels have a chance to win a premiership. Mind you as I said it's all about the money & Tedesco has backflipped a couple of times & gone with the highest bid so if the Eels offer more than the Roosters I'd say he'll backflip once again.

Yeah, gone are the days of player loyalty these days, it's all about the money, no matter how much they tell you it isn't.

I was a bit sceptical about the Parra rumour but the more you look into it the more it makes sense. Tedesco is not a man of his word, he's backflipped before and he'll do it again, people like him are very hard to trust.

Now that the other spoilt brat Moses is going to Parra, I'd say he's been trying hard to get Teddy there as well so they can keep their playing relationship going. With this in mind and the fact that Parra want Moses to be released from the Tigers ASAP they could well have been convinced to make an offer for him.

With some of the other guys that the Tigers are linked with, I hadn't heard about their serious interest in Alex Johnson and Aiden Guerra before, I'll be on the look out for more news.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 am

Tedesco backflipped on a 3 year/$1.8m deal from the Raiders to remain at the Tigers on a reportedly 3 year/$1.35m deal.. He was a Western Suburbs junior, so that sounds like the complete opposite of what people are remembering..
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 pm

White Lightning wrote:

They never have & they never will. The current team doesn't have a good enough pack.

A Wookiee can dream
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 02, 2017 12:22 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Anyone else looking to cash out Kelly to MWZ? Banks 100k and should have a first grade spot for the rest of the year to potentially make a bit more cash. If he is a spud then you might get another 30 points in some bye rounds. Best part of this trade for me is that instead of playing Kelly/Talakai each week and sitting one of Suli/Cotric I can play them both

I'm also looking to trade out Kelly but am considering Curtis Scott. Slater, Cronk and Chambers appear almost certain for origin and Scott could be a bye player for two games and then there's no risk of a dud AE later on which MWZ  could be. I haven't seen him play but must be going okay for Easts considering he's been picked for the junior kangaroos. Problem is he may be just one rung down the pecking order if Bellamy replaces the origin players with YT, Jacks and Croft. Who fills in for Cam Smith? Edit, probably Brandon Smith. Hmmm, thoughts on Scott?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue May 02, 2017 12:31 pm

itsJay wrote:How many players are you guys aiming to have for rounds 12, 15, 18 and 19? Right now I have 14,13,13,15

If that's what you have now then you are going to kill it with a few well timed trades. How many do you have for the other rounds as if you can't field a strong 17 in them then that maybe where you lose points to most again.

What's your rank mate?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 02, 2017 12:33 pm

By the way is the MWZ to Tigers a done deal or just a rumour? If so, when?
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Tue May 02, 2017 12:44 pm

mwz is a done deal, whether he starts or not is the real question

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-sign-malakai-watene-zelezniak/tabid/10874/newsid/106209/default.aspx
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm

pm888 wrote:mwz is a done deal, whether he starts or not is the real question

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-sign-malakai-watene-zelezniak/tabid/10874/newsid/106209/default.aspx

Ah cheers. If he starts, would it be on the wing though? keep Suli at centre?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Wow that's looking good (what you have already or what you are planning?) although I would be concerned about your round 16 team if you're heavy on Eels and Rabbits. I've been fucking around with a spreadsheet all weekend and with extremely vigorous bye trading I intend to have for the six bye rounds:

16, 17, 15, 15, 15, 15. Only leaves five trades for the run home though. Cutting it too fine?

Assumptions: Tualau plays 12 and 18, Scott plays 15 and 18, Abbey plays none, and my cashouts play one game. Only 15 players for round 16 but they should all be guns, and Tualau might be a bonus that round given the Bulldogs play the Friday meaning only a two day turn around from origin.

Over planning? Let's see what injuries the rep round throws up.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Tue May 02, 2017 1:33 pm

SI wrote:
    If that's what you have now then you are going to kill it with a few well timed trades. How many do you have for the other rounds as if you can't field a strong 17 in them then that maybe where you lose points to most again.

What's your rank mate?

mulvy wrote:
    Wow that's looking good (what you have already or what you are planning?) although I would be concerned about your round 16 team if you're heavy on Eels and Rabbits. I've been fucking around with a spreadsheet all weekend and with extremely vigorous bye trading I intend to have for the six bye rounds:

16, 17, 15, 15, 15, 15. Only leaves five trades for the run home though. Cutting it too fine?

Assumptions: Tualau plays 12 and 18, Scott plays 15 and 18, Abbey plays none, and my cashouts play one game. Only 15 players for round 16 but they should all be guns, and Tualau might be a bonus that round given the Bulldogs play the Friday meaning only a two day turn around from origin.

Over planning? Let's see what injuries the rep round throws up.

Right now i'm only ranked 1143 with 22 trades remaining. Some of my players for the byes is a bit meh and may not even play (looking at you Abbey)

My team atm is:
    cs9, kpritchard
    fifita,jwallace,fkaufsi, tetevano
    gtrain, jdb, chrichton, whitehead, CHN, frank the tank
    norman, munster, niko, frawley
    BJ, tturbo, Moga, Idris
    rts, slater, hayne, suli, abbey

my only plans going forward will be to cashout frank winterstein (is it too greedy to ask for a cheap 2rf that plays during byes?) and, if jwallace gets picked for origin then swap him to NBrown for better bye coverage. If he doesn't then I may do Fifita if he plays origin
    I want to somehow bring in SBurger but it may be a bit too greedy

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm