NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ultimate League Thread 3

Poll

What new site should we use?

[ 7 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Bar_left41%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Bar_left53%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Bar_right [53%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Bar_left6%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Ultimate League Thread 3

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 pm

B/L wrote:League 1 Grand Final

Kung Fu Pandas v The Secret Weapons

Trophy
    The perfect script.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Haven't decided upon my lineup for this week. Might take a gamble and throw in some players who I think will go big this week. Don't have much to lose. 3 straight Grand Final appearances in a row without fear of relegation, might as well have some fun!

Best of luck @B/L !! May the best team win cheer
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Congrats on the win @B/L and KFP for getting to the GF, hope you lads have a good one.
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:14 pm

I want to go out in style, Consolation 3rd place play off champion, Watch yaself Trousers
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Sauce Reed wrote:I want to go out in style, Consolation 3rd place play off champion,  Watch yaself Trousers
    You can't really go out in style though, you were 7th at the end of the home and away season. You can only finish 7th even if you win.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 am

Moose wrote:Haven't decided upon my lineup for this week. Might take a gamble and throw in some players who I think will go big this week. Don't have much to lose. 3 straight Grand Final appearances in a row without fear of relegation, might as well have some fun!

Best of luck @B/L !! May the best team win cheer

THE WINNER WILL BE SHOWERED WITH PRAISE. THE LOSER WILL BE TAUNTED AND BOOED UNTIL MY THROAT IS SORE.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 am

Mearcats wrote:Congrats on the win @B/L and KFP for getting to the GF, hope you lads have a good one.

Cheers mate.

That is one epic losing streak to end the season, you should call your team the Mearcat Warriors next season.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 am

B/L wrote:

THE WINNER WILL BE SHOWERED WITH PRAISE. THE LOSER WILL BE TAUNTED AND BOOED UNTIL MY THROAT IS SORE.
    So if you lose you are going to scream at yourself? Or are you just assuming you are already going to win? Sounds like the makings of a poor winner...
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Its a simpsons reference fella.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:49 pm

B/L wrote:Its a simpsons reference fella.

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 1165180

got chu fam
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 pm

B/L wrote:Its a simpsons reference fella.

Feck. How did I not pick that up. I am usually pretty good with Simpsons references.

Sorry B/L.

Now I feel like a goose.

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 28 Latest?cb=20140402201612
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm

I might make some last minute changes depending upon team news leading up to lockout however this is my current side that will vs @B/L.

B/L  =  Moose

Tedesco  =  Nofoaluma
    Rapana  =  Gordon
    Slater  =  Fergo
    Chambers  =  Yeo
    Jmoz  =  Lee
    Milford  =  Wallace
    Taylor  =  Cleary
    McGuire  =  Vaughan
    Napa  =  JWH
    Smith  =  Lichaa
    Merrin  =  JDB
    Gillett  =  Proctor
    Frizell  =  Murray

Not trying to label myself as an underdog or anything however I genuinely believe BL has the stronger side led by Cam Smith.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Whilst Moose is trying to claim the softcock award and tell everyone how shit his team is, we've got an interesting battle over in L2

I have 5 Roosters in my team (Mitchell, Ferguson, Pearce, JWH*, Cordner) so if the Roosters can oput a score in the Titans it could give me a big leg up in the final against Welshy

Welshy has a lot of his big guns playing in the Parra vs Souths game, so the result of our matchup could be known by Saturday afternoon.

I'll be at the Rosters game, so hopefully I get to watch Latrell and Ferguson score a couple of tries each for some extra celebration.

I might not play JWH

Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Whilst Moose is trying to claim the softcock award and tell everyone how shit his team is, we've got an interesting battle over in L2

I might not play JWH

The long schlong gong will be mine Trophy

If I personally don't play JWH my other options include Jackson, Aloiai (scored back to back 50's although a try a piece) or Max King (scored 53 last week). Resting Cody Walker this week as I expect the Roosters to go large so hopefully Fergo can bag a hatty.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I have 5 Roosters in my team (Mitchell, Ferguson, Pearce, JWH*, Cordner) so if the Roosters can oput a score in the Titans it could give me a big leg up in the final against Welshy

Welshy has a lot of his big guns playing in the Parra vs Souths game, so the result of our matchup could be known by Saturday afternoon.

I'll be at the Rosters game, so hopefully I get to watch Latrell and Ferguson score a couple of tries each for some extra celebration.

I might not play JWH

Still riling from having the title taken from their grasp, my boys are well up for this final tilt!

NBrown failed to train and Arey under injury cloud, I could with both fit and firing

The Roosters are playing the Titans 3rd team I expect a cricket score but hopefully none of Milchs boys cross for too man and the defensive work is small for Cordner and JWH if he plays

Need a big game from Corey Norman, he is due one and a toss up over who to play out of BJ and Chambers
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Moose wrote:I might make some last minute changes depending upon team news leading up to lockout however this is my current side that will vs @B/L.

B/L  =  Moose

Tedesco  =  Nofoaluma
    Rapana  =  Gordon
    Slater  =  Fergo
    Chambers  =  Yeo
    Jmoz  =  Lee
    Milford  =  Wallace
    Taylor  =  Cleary
    McGuire  =  Vaughan
    Napa  =  JWH
    Smith  =  Lichaa
    Merrin  =  JDB
    Gillett  =  Proctor
    Frizell  =  Murray

Not trying to label myself as an underdog or anything however I genuinely believe BL has the stronger side led by Cam Smith.

Stop with the if i win it will be the biggest upset since Leicester City winning the premier league title lark, its boring
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Welshy wrote:

Stop with the if i win it will be the biggest upset since Leicester City winning the premier league title lark, its boring
    Where did I say such a thing? That's right, I didnt!. All I said is I think BL is the favorite heading into the GF. I said as much several weeks ago. Don't like my opinion then block my posts, unfortunately I can't do the same otherwise I can guarantee you I would!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Moose wrote:
    Where did I say such a thing? That's right, I didnt!. All I said is I think BL is the favorite heading into the GF. I said as much several weeks ago. Don't like my opinion then block my posts, unfortunately I can't do the same otherwise I can guarantee you I would!

Claiming not to be an underdog story just as much confirming it

Where did you finish the regular season, where did B/L finish? Should confirm the stronger team through 20 odd rounds not just the final few in the playoffs

Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Welshy wrote:

Where did you finish the regular season, where did B/L finish? Should confirm the stronger team through 20 odd rounds not just the final few in the playoffs

The ladder at the end of the home and away season in a draft comp doesn't paint the entire picture. I finished so high up the ladder because I traded hard during the bye rounds so I had a full team most weeks so I could snare a few extra wins against those who didn't have a full lineup. That doesn't mean my overall team is stronger it just means I had more players on certain bye weeks. A great example of this is my rd 15 H2H vs Spectre where I won 412-121 and my rd 12 H2H vs SI where I won 392 - 233.

I have lost my #1 Hooker in Peats, #2 2RF in Thompson, my #2 HLF in Hunt is now playing a different position where he doesn't score as well (minus that one monster score). As you can see just because I finished higher then BL in the home and away season doesn't mean I have a stronger squad come finals knockout time, simple as that.

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Moose wrote:

My team finished first in the regular season.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am