NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW State of Origin side 2017

Ice

NSW State of Origin side 2017 - Page 10 Empty Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Im Still unsure about who will play outside Hayne on the left. But I'd actually be comfortable with Tupou or even Wighton for that matter.

Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Ice wrote:

I can't see the arguments against to be honest.

But the main reason for, is he is NSW best halfback and is in better form than any other NSW Origin hopeful.  To me, that's all that needs to be asked for NSW.

As a Queenslander, I love a bit of Pearce bashing as much as the next bloke, but if we're honest with ourselves, not picking Pearce now based on what he did 2008-2013 would be like not picking Hayden or Martyn for the Oz cricket team based on their early efforts before they got dropped. Obviously Pearce isn't going to be an all-time great like those blokes, but I think to most it's pretty clear he's the best club player that NSW have eligible at the moment, and also is a much better player than when he played rep footy previously.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 pm

leaguegod wrote:NSW team: Tedesco B.Morris Hayne Dugan Ferguson Maloney Pearce Woods Peats Klemmer Cordner Frizell Jackson. Bird Fifita J.Trbojevic Graham

per michael chammas on twitter

So this was correct, with Moylan, Maclean and De Berlin in the 20.

Watch all the papers tomoz blowing up about Haynes selection and No Vaughan and have a look at the Canberra Times blow up about no Croker or Boyd.

I can cop this team.

I think Fifita should be starting, I think Vaughan is massively unlucky, but I can understand if the selection was between he and Trbojevic why they went with Jake, still, I'd have been happy with JTurbo in place of Jackson and Vaughan to the bench.

We all know the blame after game one will fall on Pearce and Hayne. Those two are on a hiding tonothing.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Capable squad. A Nsw series win looms.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Ice wrote:

So this was correct, with Moylan, Maclean and De Berlin in the 20.

Watch all the papers tomoz blowing up about Haynes selection and No Vaughan and have a look at the Canberra Times blow up about no Croker or Boyd.

I can cop this team.

I think Fifita should be starting, I think Vaughan is massively unlucky, but I can understand if the selection was between he and Trbojevic why they went with Jake, still, I'd have been happy with JTurbo in place of Jackson and Vaughan to the bench.

We all know the blame after game one will fall on Pearce and Hayne. Those two are on a hiding tonothing.
    My main worry is both centres carrying or been recently injured

Vaughan is massively unlucky, he is a monster this has to be Woods last shot, I don't like Graham on the bench but Jackson has some form, JTurbo should be there he has been immense
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm

For about the first time in 20 years the final NSW side was probably more predictable than the QLD team.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Welshy wrote:
    My main worry is both centres carrying or been recently injured

Vaughan is massively unlucky, he is a monster this has to be Woods last shot, I don't like Graham on the bench but Jackson has some form, JTurbo should be there he has been immense

Yep, it's a fair point re our centres. But both had to be there somewhere. Still probs think Hayne on a wing and Bird in centre was a better option than BMoz, but I guess they figure it will be easier to drop BMoz next year for TTurbo.

Agree re Vaughan, and Graham, but also think if Jackson is there then he has to start but yep,I think a few tweaks would have made that backrow and bench stronger.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm really pumped for Peats inclusion. He won't outplay Smith, and we might not win and I don't expect he will have a blinder, but I think it is soooo important for NSW going forward to give him the entire series.

Moylan is the other unlucky one, being dropped after p,among a key role in game 3 last year. It's why I preferred Bird/Hayne on the left, same halves as game three and Pearce from the bench.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Ice wrote:

Yep, it's a fair point re our centres. But both had to be there somewhere. Still probs think Hayne on a wing and Bird in centre was a better option than BMoz, but I guess they figure it will be easier to drop BMoz next year for TTurbo.

Agree re Vaughan, and Graham, but also think if Jackson is there then he has to start but yep,I think a few tweaks would have made that backrow and bench stronger.
    Either start Wade or drop him and have some extra firepower on the bench with Vaughan I would of liked but I certainly don't hate it

Bird I reckon is there to cover the potential Hayne/Dugan mid game injury

We got this, backing Pearce to silence the haters
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 22, 2017 7:53 pm

If NSW lost and pearce doesnt play well, does he get dropped?

I like the team, its pretty close to spot on IMO.
    Just about the strongest side NSW can pick.. Bmoz is only there because TTrbo is injured so I can handle that.
    I can see JTrbo or Klemmer starting at 13, fifita starting with Friz going back to the bench. Love that peats is there, but would have loved a utility there to give him a rest.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Pieman wrote:If NSW lost and pearce doesnt play well, does he get dropped?

Just about the strongest side NSW can pick.. Bmoz is only there because TTrbo is injured so I can handle that.
    I can see JTrbo or Klemmer starting at 13, fifita starting with Friz going back to the bench. Love that peats is there, but would have loved a utility there to give him a rest.
    I have the same thoughts about Friz moving to bench but I don't like it, keep Klemmer in the prop rotation, JTurbo potentially there yes

If they go this way I would of preferred Jackson dropping out, JTurbo in the 13 Friz in the 11 with Vaughan on the bench in place of Graham
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 pm

NSW State of Origin side 2017 - Page 10 18582531_10154716876168517_3167340451971653124_n
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon May 22, 2017 8:28 pm

I have to say, this is the first time in a long while where I've looked at the NSW squad and have nothing really bad to say about it. I quite like it.

I would have liked seeing Vaughn in there but realistically who would you drop? He was never going to replace the test props in Woods and Klemmer. And I would definitely have Trbo ahead of him
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Spectre wrote:I have to say, this is the first time in a long while where I've looked at the NSW squad and have nothing really bad to say about it. I quite like it.

I would have liked seeing Vaughn in there but realistically who would you drop? He was never going to replace the  test props in Woods and Klemmer. And I would definitely have Trbo ahead of him

It's a pity TTurbo got injured, but what would have been interesting was if Woods hadn't recovered, I think it would have been the best thing for us to see how Vaughan might have gone but looking at the squad, evidently he still wouldn't have got a gig before Maclean and maybe even De Belin.

Also, if we lose these game, do they'd make changes?

All the info is Wallace would have been in the 9, so if he is fit before game 3, or even 2, are they gonna dump Peats.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon May 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Pieman wrote:If NSW lost and pearce doesnt play well, does he get dropped?

Bird couldn't fill that roll?

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Ice wrote:

All the info is Wallace would have been in the 9, so if he is fit before game 3, or even 2, are they gonna dump Peats.

Can't see Peats letting you down, even in a loss.

Frankly, can't see Wallace was named in the first place. Sure: cracking form (and I'm a closet Wal fan from his Broncos days), but Peats is five years younger. Wal @ 31 is a limited prospect, surely?

My thinking on the spine is always "long term".
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue May 23, 2017 3:40 am

Peats will struggle to play 80min of origin football. Really would have liked to see a backup hooker on the bench. There's enough versatility in the other 16 blokes to cover an injury
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 23, 2017 5:05 am

Shanbon wrote:Peats will struggle to play 80min of origin football. Really would have liked to see a backup hooker on the bench. There's enough versatility in the other 16 blokes to cover an injury

Loz hinted on NRL 360 last night that he could bring Bird on in the halves and shift one of them (guessing Pearce) into hooker.....I don't like that idea, unless Peats was to get injured.

Anyway, got to say, NSW have picked a bloody good side.
    Probably the only difference for me (and only due to TTurbo being injured) would have been shifting Hayne to the wing (or out of the team) for BMoz and selecting Jimmy the Jet.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Loz hinted on NRL 360 last night that he could bring Bird on in the halves and shift one of them (guessing Pearce) into hooker.....I don't like that idea, unless Peats was to get injured.

Anyway, got to say, NSW have picked a bloody good side.
    Probably the only difference for me (and only due to TTurbo being injured) would have been shifting Hayne to the wing (or out of the team) for BMoz and selecting Jimmy the Jet.

i know he said that, but i don't think he'd do it, i wouldn't be shocked if jackson is the guy who plays a stint at hooker (he was mentioned as the guy if farah got injured and has played there for the dogs when we have bene hit with injuries)

but i also would have preferred a better hooker option on the bench

you really could have picked roberts on the wing outside hayne aswell, i love me some Bmoz, he'll do his job but i would have gone elswhere. Bmoz's best games this year have actually been at fullback, he has struggled with some of the cross field kicks this yeat which is somthing that gets exploited at origin level.

Mansour is back next game for penny, i know he is coming back from a serious injury but players these days often find their feet right away, i wouldn't rule out mansour for game 2 and NSW picking an experienced player rather then blooding someone for 1 game because of that
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am

Is Jimmy the Jet being quietly punished for indiscretions which may or may not have occurred ?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 pm