NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2017 Premiers

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Wests Tigers 2017 Premiers - Page 20 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2017 Premiers

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:53 am

I think you guys are rating Feeney on his fantasy scores. He's not *that* bad.

He'll be something like 4th or 5th choice half. How much quality do you expect in that position
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 am

Ben rogers wouldn't be far behind
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:20 am

Milchcow wrote:

He'll be something like 4th or 5th choice half. How much quality do you expect in that position
    No I'm not, I'm rating him from watching him play for Newcastle. He is easily the worst half I have ever seen in my life. 

Why bother signing a "4th or 5th" choice half? There would be plenty in the local comps who are better than him and blooding a young rookie would be a better move than signing Feeney.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 am

Pieman wrote:
    No I'm not, I'm rating him from watching him play for Newcastle. He is easily the worst half I have ever seen in my life. 

Why bother signing a "4th or 5th" choice half? There would be plenty in the local comps who are better than him and blooding a young rookie would be a better move than signing Feeney.

There is nobody to call up.
    Tigers are sitting last in NSW Cup with the least points scored and the most points conceded.

That's why Cleary is signing a bunch if fringe first graders, so that we have a bit of depth in the club.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 am

IMO, Feeney is not a fringe first grader. If he is, he shouldnt be. If the guy cant get a start for newcastle then he isnt good enough to get a game anywhere else. I mean fuck, we had brendan elliot at fb for ages and hes very average. He is more of a fringe first grader. Feeney shouldnt be anywhere near first grade. Go to england mate.

Totally disagree that he might be a good depth signing, but if you are happy with it then good, we just have differing opinions.

bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 am

Milchcow wrote:

I'm certainly not, he is just a shit footballer, saw many mistakes and bad options from him. Every Group 7 club has a half better then Feeney, can't we sign one of them to be our 4th or 5th choice half.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 am

I'd rather play myself over Feeney. Unfit, hungover Honeysett would be more more of a prospect than Feeney. He's that bad.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:43 am

Geez, tough crowd. He's no world beater but you're talking about a 22 year old who was good enough to play U20 origin, then gets called up too early into a team halfway through the worst run in the NRL era (probably 3 consecutive spoons) because they literally had about 10 first grade standard footballers at the time, and as a spine player is going to be expected to be the person who turns around a history of 20 point thumpings, and then after a 6 month major injury comes back into the team.

It reminds me of when Farah started playing origin compared to Matt Ballin. Farah was easily the better player, but in an inferior origin team was expected to be a playmaker and anything less than a Cam Smith type performance would call for him to be dropped. Ballin on the other hand comes into an all conquering QLD team, and basically is rated as an A grade performer if he does 2 things only: 1) Tackle everything that runs at him, and 2) passes it to Cronk or JT's chest.

Put Feeney in the Storm, Sharks, Broncos, Roosters or Sea Eagles, and he's still no world beater, but he probably does the job asked of him. Compare him to say Jahrome Hughes. That guy was only good enough to play something like 4 FG matches in 4 years, but now in a system where they are comfortable with him being the 12-13th best player on the field for his team on the few occassions he's played, he's had 1 great match and half a dozen okay matches. There's a couple of guys who are probably about the same standard.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:01 am

He just lacks the basics. Doesn't look to have a footballers brain either.

All valid points though, Dip. However he's truly a terrible player and he's going to the Tigers who don't have that great system so he's not going to improve into a reasonable football player.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 am

Honeysett wrote:He just lacks the basics. Doesn't look to have a footballers brain either.

All valid points though, Dip. However he's truly a terrible player and he's going to the Tigers who don't have that great system so he's not going to improve into a reasonable football player.

Oh for sure, I don't think he's going to get better at the Tigers, just responding to worst player ever comments. Surely theres been many players in the NRL for a few games who have never been good enough for U20 origin, or to be a spine player in a NSW Cup premiership winning team but for one reason or another been selected at the NRL. Half the dogs team after SBW left in 2008 springs to mind. Perhaps LG remembers and can comment. Or guys who played when origin/injury/suspension hit, were hidden on the wing/centre or on the bench, and then were never seen again.

I've never seen him play those lower divisions either. He might also be one of those guys who look okay with that extra half a second in second tier competitions, but can't execute well enough when it steps up to the elite level.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:26 am

Ive seen him attempt to kick a ball in first grade only for the ball to hit the ground and for him to have a swing and a miss on more than one occasion. The guy is hopeless. Sure, put anyone in the storm 6 jersey who can catch kick tackle and pass and they will look amazing, the thing is tho none of those great clubs will ever sign him, because he has shown that he cant play at the top level. 

I mean, yeah some good points mate, but over the last few years Hodkinson, Lamb, fuck me even Brendan Elliott, and co have all had decent games for Newcastle through out the lowest point possibly in the history of any club in the league - Feeney had a good crack and was not able to do it from a number of positions. He has never had a good game, or even a good moment in a game. He is fucking hopeless at NRL level.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 am

There would be 18 year olds running around most groups in NSW that would be better than Feeney. I mean fark I have watched a lot of footy in my time and Feeney is the worst player I have ever seen. He just doesn't have it, at a first grade level.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:31 am

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

Watching Grub's one on one with Sterlo actually had me almost not hating him with every ounce of my being.  Very natural and well spoken by footy player standards.  Humble and self effacing.  When James Graham spoke so highly of him on 360 a couple of months ago it had me thinking maybe there is more to Reynolds then meets the eye; hearing Grub speak tonight suggests he is not just a complete fuckwit.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:13 am

SI wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

Watching Grub's one on one with Sterlo actually had me almost not hating him with every ounce of my being.  Very natural and well spoken by footy player standards.  Humble and self effacing.  When James Graham spoke so highly of him on 360 a couple of months ago it had me thinking maybe there is more to Reynolds then meets the eye; hearing Grub speak tonight suggests he is not just a complete fuckwit.
    To me, he comes across as one of those guys who just loses the plot a bit on the footy field. Anyone who has played just about any sport has a friend who is a great guy/girl but then as soon as they step onto a field they become a totally different person. 

Great guy in his day to day life, but as soon as he gets onto the field that competitive nature takes over and rush of blood makes him do silly things, usually in an attempt to compete/win.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:34 am

Pieman wrote:
    SI wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

To me, he comes across as one of those guys who just loses the plot a bit on the footy field. Anyone who has played just about any sport has a friend who is a great guy/girl but then as soon as they step onto a field they become a totally different person. 

Great guy in his day to day life, but as soon as he gets onto the field that competitive nature takes over and rush of blood makes him do silly things, usually in an attempt to compete/win.
    Ennis-esque.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 am

SI wrote:
    Ennis-esque.

You are right

Not every player who is a complete cunt on the field should be considered one off it, although sometimes hard to look past their on field demeanours! I think players like JRey and Ennis who aren't maybe physically dominating always need that extra part to their game to elevate it to that of elite players. i'm not saying they are or were, but being that cunt on the field who goes around handing out slaps and pinching people, getting into players faces. Getting into the heads of players is a valuable tool to sometimes bring the level of competition down and elevate your own, so many players can't handle getting constantly abused, taking little digs etc, they might not bite but it does effect their game

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:04 am

Pieman wrote:

Sounds like Filth playing ultimate frisbee
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:07 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Pieman wrote:

Sounds like Filth playing ultimate frisbee
    Lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:12 am

Gus can say "no, no, no, no, no" but I've heard it twice now from 2 unrelated sources. That's all you need to publish.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 am

Well that's it for another failed campaign similar to past years. At least we consistently keep missing Sept footy. Mad Mondays in early September must be better. At least the last 6 weeks or so their on field performances have us believe we might be in for a good year in 2018. Out goes a few regular whipping boys but we will miss Tedesco and Woods. Woods has gone missing from many games this year but his post origin games have been good and even with Matulino and Packer on their way I don't think they out perform Woods, I hope I'm wrong and this time next year I'll be asking "Who's Woods". Tedesco is another matter, we will miss him and I just love watching him play. Unfortunately I hate the Roosters so Teddy is unlikely going to receive any support from me, but thanks for your efforts.

Many new faces coming to the club next year as well as some current new crop will have Cleary scratching a new bald spot into hi healthy crop of hair when selecting his weekly teams. Who knows how his round 1 team will line up.
    Mahe Fonua
    Josh Reynolds
    Tui Lolohea
    Benji Marshall
    Russell Packer
    Ben Matulino
    Chis McQueen
    Taane Milne
    Robbie Rochow
    Corey Thompson
    All new to the squad

Matt Eisenhuth
    Alex Twal
    Moses Suli
    Esan Masters
    Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
    all Rookies that have put up their hands for a starting position

Hopefully next year is better but as a Tigers supporter I've said this at the end of every failed campaign before, lets hope for a better 2018.

Note: Edwards, Lovett, Idris and Littlejohn not getting re-signed, hopefully not making way for Feeney or Eastwood either

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:44 am