NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Starting 2017 team

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_10
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_11

Bye Planning with current team

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Bye_pl10

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Starting team average estimates

775 Low score based on slight increase/role change/return from injury estimate
    875 Medium based on predicted score
    975 High based on above expectations

Round 1 estimates

Smith 60-70 x2 captain Mcinnes 55-65               (175/190/205)
    Fifita 60-70 Kaufusi 30-40                       (90/100/110)                    
    Debelin 60-70 Surgess 55-65 Taylor 50-60 Kromwich 40-50 Smat 35-45 Sironen 30-40             (270/300/330)
    Lamb 40-50 Elgey 30-40
                 (70/80/90)
    Talakai 30-40 Idris 30-40                          (60/80/100)
    Gutherson 40-50 Hayne 35-45 RTS 35-45     (110/125/140)

The above shows you how important the captain is and how you live and die by his score.

Based on the above scores, I feel Par would be 800+
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Nice team Boozey.

I have 13 of your starting 17 in my starting 17 for VSDT (the closest match I have seen anywhere).

The 4 differences are:

YOU (in NRLF): McInnes, JDB, Elgey, Idris.

ME (in VSDT): F.Kaufusi, Gallen, Norman, Ma'u.

Elgey is an NPR in my VSDT team, and Idris ISN'T a bargain in VSDT.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Simon Templar wrote:Nice team Boozey.

I have 13 of your starting 17 in my starting 17 for VSDT (the closest match I have seen anywhere).

The 4 differences are:

YOU (in NRLF): McInnes, JDB, Elgey, Idris.

ME (in VSDT): F.Kaufusi, Gallen, Norman, Ma'u.

Elgey is an NPR in my VSDT team, and Idris ISN'T a bargain in VSDT.

Thanks ST, think a lot of teams will have similar players again this year, half the fun is fitting them all in. Where it gets interesting and sorts out the men from the boys is in a couple weeks
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:17 pm

I have a similar team too boozey.
    Sacrificed the forwards a little to improve the halves and CTR. But same core players.

Good luck for the year and will follow this with interest
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Are you concerned none of your 2RF are DPP

You are in trouble if anything happens to Fifita. If he cops a 1-2 week injury/suspension do you trade him or cop Yates/Papalii
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:26 pm

zero dollars in the bank? good sign? I'm wrestling with whether I should downgrade someone (eg Norman/JT to Cronk) just to have $20k ready to jump on a surging cow (or to replace a failed one).

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Are you concerned none of your 2RF are DPP

You are in trouble if anything happens to Fifita. If he cops a 1-2 week injury/suspension do you trade him or cop Yates/Papalii

Yeah its hard to plan for these things like suspensions/injuries. Would have to assess things as they come up, have allowed for every other scenario in all other positions and there is reasonable options there.
    So basically, Fifita don't be an idiot ..Please...haha

Could say the same about 1/2 the people in the comp with the Smith/Cheapie as well, only hooker has a lot less options

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:06 pm

jelejasof wrote:zero dollars in the bank?  good sign?  I'm wrestling with whether I should downgrade someone (eg Norman/JT to Cronk) just to have $20k ready to jump on a surging cow (or to replace a failed one).

Yeah it's weird it worked out that way, would love some money leftover but at least that is money spent on points and usually any trade early on involves a downgrade somewhere.
    Worse case scenario a new player comes in at 138k and thats simply a sideways trade (asuming they make no money this weekend)

Asset rich, cash poor haha

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Good luck everyone Smile

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Round 1 Results

Well this is my first update for the year and out of the blocks to a decent start.
    After setting a benchmark of 800 based on calculations, to finish on 848 I am more than happy with how it all worked out

While some of the high priced guns didn't fire early on, this was saved by some of the cheaper players over performing and saving the day.

So with a decent score from Cam next week along with a better score from the likes of Surgess, I am sitting in an alright spot

I went light in the backs and managed to pick up all the decent cows so a win there too, (unlucky with Moga as ran out of coin) but the last minute Jacks trade in worked so makes up for it.
    A lot of planning and sticking to my strategy has paid off but this is where it gets interesting so need to stay organised and proactive.

Highs and Lows
    Taylor under perfomed a bit, but did suffer an early inury so credit for staying out there and getting to 40. Elgey,Idris and Hayne were disappointing but due to the high ownership this is mitigated. They are all on watch list, though Idris and Elgey can sit in NPR's . Special mentions to Debelin,Mcinnes and Gutherson, knew they would go well but they killed it
    Seeing Tedesco smash out a huge score was a little sad as we know he is capable of it, but can't have them all.

Injuries
    Managed to dodge a few injuries, had Bromwich and Wallace in the team at some stage pre season
    so missing out on Wallace and avoiding Bromwich I would call a win there too.

Improvements = will be looking at an exit strategy for my halves, while I might be able to run Jacks over Elgey and have cover from Gutherson, this has an expiry date.

Also need to look at bringing in Wallace for his handy DPP and his cash rises, see him valued at low 400's .
    This may mean Taylor is on the chopping block as he has the lower ceiling over someone like Kromwich.

Earning $$ over points at this stage and allows money to possibly trade out Pythian to another earner like Moga

Anyways hope you all had a good start, no graphs this week due to a single tower not looking that good.
    Some of the formats have changed this year including below which makes it hard to read the score, but not a lot I can do there.

Bring on round 2, Booze over and out

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_17
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_16

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_10

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_11

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Well played Booze, L1 leader... nice!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Chewie wrote:Well played Booze, L1 leader... nice!

Thanks mate, early days

Post by Guest Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 am

Round 2 Trades

So a couple trades to start the year.
    While I could hold off and see how things develop, I am looking at bringing in some more earners to make a quick buck and strengthen my FRF and CTR positions.

If I was to hold off on a week to see how Taylor goes it would mean that the spare 50k would have disappeared due to Moga/Wallace having low BE's.

Watching Taylor play I saw he didn't run it much, opting to be another 'playmaker' with just 20m made and a lot of passes. While I know he is a tackle bot and he did take an early head knock,I was hoping for him to take on the line more.

He averages around 40 on previous years so would need to improve here to increase more points.
    I still reckon he will be a slow burner, but reckon I won't lose many points downgrading to Wallace and playing Moga over Kelly would probably make up this difference too.

By hedging my bets going 2rf heavy it allows me to pick and choose who to downgrade so unfortunately he looks to make the least amount, also free's up cash which could be handy.

With Stimson on the bench now, he could have been an option but should he replace/impact Kaufusi or Kromwich it would allow me to downgrade the loser next week too.

This strategy worked for me last year, though it was forced by injury then.
    Always a risk but at least this is calculated.

Jarrod Wallace
    Should score 40-50 points and earn 100k allowing me to ride his price up to someone like JBrowmich. Has DPP also which means I can move him to FRF and strengthen that position (should something happen to Kaufusi).

TauTau Moga
    Big, strong and can fend/break a tackle.
    Plays at centre so decent base stats and with a large score under his belt is on his way to making some cash. The only question mark is his health and an injury history, though looks fit and to be honest only need a couple big plays per game.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_12

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:04 am

Tip for the week:

Be Proactive not reactive

A proactive approach focuses on eliminating problems before they have a chance to appear and a reactive approach is based on responding to events after they have happened.

Due to pricing being week to week, don't wait for a player to hit 60 points (or another 60 points) to decide to bring them in.
    Do your research and bring them in before they do this. (if you can)
    In super coach and dream team you had 3 weeks to sit tight, this is a different game these days.

The cheaper the player is the more this applies due to how fast their price can take off.

This principle also applies to problems in your team, ie predicting future issues.
    To start the year we all start with a weakness, ie My halves and centres.
    It only takes an injury or some loss of form to find yourself in problems, so put a plan in place to deal with this before it happens. = Be Proactive

I started with Gutherson/Fogerty for this reason, to provide cover for my halves.
    It may not be required given Jacks had a good start and may turn out to be a decent scorer, but you can't always rely on these players to show up
    Due to Lamb/Elgey's price their isn't a lot of options should they go down so thats why I planned the Gutherson insurance policy as it is easier to chuck a 138k player in WFB position.

Mcguire and Moga are brought in for this reason as well, If Kaufusi is impacted by Stimson then Mcguire allows me to have a solid scorer going forward

Same with Moga, I have cover should Idris not become a starting centre.

You can't plan for everything but the main thing is to have one.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Have stuck solid with Captain Cam this week, even if Auckland is a swimming pool.
    Figure he will get extra tackles around the ruck playing one out and hopefully extra kick metres too.
    Also can't be chopping and changing each week with my captain option so will keep the faith.
    Other option was Debelin so either way I still get his points if he goes large.

Unsure if I will play Jacks over Elgey, will wait until late mail.
    Kelly will come in for Talakai should he find himself benched, Moga has already proved himself useful here.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:34 am

Round 2 results

Well another week over and finished the week climbing a few hundred spots overall, saved by my POD of Mcinnes and Captain Cam.
    750 was probably par looking at the results this week.
    TLT will be very interesting with a heap of injuries and hopefully some more decent value cows appear because of this.

Trade review
    Wallace came in this week and scored the same as Taylor minus so count that as a win.
    Saved me 100k and also made a further 24k with a BE of 16 this week.
    Moga scored 25 and my only option would have been Idris, so a gain of 8 points and 20k with a BE of 3 this week.
    With Talakai dropped and Idris minutes an uncertainty I feel alright about this trade also

H2H
    Congrats to Projectiles who won the L1 head to head, Tight one in L1 select too against Todd Carneys Gargoyles
    Can't mention everyone as in over 30 leagues (digital pass leagues) but congrats to the winners here too.

Injuries
    On the injury front will be keeping an eye out to see what happens with Hayne and RTS and Lamb (Though he came back on after his head knock so should be fine)

Form guide
    Talakai dropped as well so another NPR to see what the Rabbitohs do with him.
    A few 30s from my mid rangers and 40's from my guns but could just be a low week overall for forwards. Not too concerned here as still early in the season
    Kromwich disappointing and hasn't kicked on so will be a trade out option soon, not making the cash i was hoping from him
    Elgey is a turnstile and won't make cash it looks like, no real options so may have to sit on him for a while
    News of Slater making a return so will see what happens to jacks

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_14

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_19
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_18

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_17

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_20

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_19

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_15

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_16

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 3 Round_18
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:45 pm

You're going well Booze, certainly better than last year's start.

Very important TLT for you tomorrow to indeed see if Billy Slater is back and what happens with Ryley Jacks. I have Jack's myself and he is going quite well but if he is not there, you certainly don't want Elgey in your 17. I had to use Elgey last week as 17th man and the way he defends, never again, especially against Parramatta and that forward pack.

Let's hope at least another week for Slater..............

Silly me, I just realised that you can use Gutherson in the halfs and play both Suli and Cotric. Now we both hope RTS recovers from his concussion....

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:You're going well Booze, certainly better than last year's start.

Very important TLT for you tomorrow to indeed see if Billy Slater is back and what happens with Ryley Jacks. I have Jack's myself and he is going quite well but if he is not there, you certainly don't want Elgey in your 17. I had to use Elgey last week as 17th man and the way he defends, never again, especially against Parramatta and that forward pack.

Let's hope at least another week for Slater..............

Silly me, I just realised that you can use Gutherson in the halfs and play both Suli and Cotric. Now we both hope RTS recovers from his concussion....

Thanks Pacey, yeah happy with my start but it is all for nothing if I can't build a foundation for origin and beyond.
    Hopefully Jacks stays around, but if not he can ride the pine until later,
    You are right that Gutherson will cover the halves until I can generate enough cash to turn Elgey into someone like Norman. Also trust my cow wfbs scores over Elgey.
    Can't see any cheaper halves that interest me.
    One benefit of going cheap there is I can pick and choose who to bring in rather than get stuck with a dud mid range player or 'gun' bleeding cash

Thinking I will continue to build a nest egg by trading out non playing reserves for new cows.

This will help cover me for injuries, increase my depth and hopefully generate some cash so I can bring in fallen guns in 5-6 weeks time.

All dependent on TLT but that's what keeps it exciting Smile

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Needs more charts, preferably pie charts. Mmmmm pie.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Bren wrote:Needs more charts, preferably pie charts. Mmmmm pie.

Only party pies early on in the season, the ones with extra cheese

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm