NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Signings

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2017 Signings - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Signings

Post by No Worries Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Pieman wrote:

Didnt the people go after him with a civil case not a criminal case?
    He ended up settling out of court didnt he for nearly 2mil didnt he??? or tried to anyway.

Lodge is still awaiting sentencing for a criminal reckless assault charge from the cops. The $2M is the civil case which is still outstanding also
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 pm

So he still may face jail time?
    Or he just never goes back to america and he never goes to jail if charged?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Also Elijah Taylor still looking at a code switch. Surely there are some teams out there who wouldn't mind a second rower who can tackle all day.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:50 pm

The charge sounds like a jailable offence. I think we have extradition laws with the US. Would they chase it ??? I'd agree you just don't go back.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:21 am

From what i can tell from reading articles, Lodge served time at Rikers before his barrister cut a deal to have his felony charges downgraded to misdemeanors which he's either served or been serving in the form of community service, the civil case is supposed to be heard in December.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 am

No Worries wrote:The charge sounds like a jailable offence. I think we have extradition laws with the US. Would they chase it ??? I'd agree you just don't go back.
    I know a bloke who was indicted in the US for providing material support to terrorists and he's fine as long as he doesn't go over there.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Random wrote:Also Elijah Taylor still looking at a code switch. Surely there are some teams out there who wouldn't mind a second rower who can tackle all day.

I think fantasy footy makes Taylor actually better than he is.
    The guy is an OK player, not worth the 600k or what ever he is asking though. Cant remember where I read that, but thats about double what he should be getting
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Also, benji to the broncos.. if it happens, what a fucking bizzare move.
    He wouldnt start at 6 or 7. Bennett has said he can play 6, 1 or centre. Which is true I guess? He is like and older, slower Cody walker.
    Ive got a lot of time for benji, love how down to earth he has become since he got booted from the tigers and looked like he swallowed a doona in rugby.
    He is a quality player and in the right system, he could still be a match winner IMO.I mean, he is only 31! But when you have been playing FG since you were 17 or so, thats a pretty old 31.
    You would assume he takes the bench utlitiy spot and he comes on and plays a bit of hooker, then just gives other blokes rests and covers in origin time.

Also, what about Dave Taylor - anyone read the courier mail this morning?
    They are harping on about his value being 300-400k and the NRL blocking the minimum deal if thats what happens. Now I know that the Mail is fucking terrible, slightly better if not a million times worse than the Telegraph (or exactly the same), but thats pretty funny - after Parker's admission that he was given 230k by the bronco's.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:59 pm

With Taylor's record, no club is going to risk $300-$400K. Friends with benefits contract is the best he should expect.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I completely agree, and I dont believe the mail for 1 second that that would happen.
    In his first year back, taylor would be worth minimum value, then its up to how he performs. I think most sides would take a punt on him for anywhere between 80-200k.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Pieman wrote:Also, benji to the broncos.. if it happens, what a fucking bizzare move.
    He wouldnt start at 6 or 7. Bennett has said he can play 6, 1 or centre. Which is true I guess? He is like and older, slower Cody walker.
    Ive got a lot of time for benji, love how down to earth he has become since he got booted from the tigers and looked like he swallowed a doona in rugby.
    He is a quality player and in the right system, he could still be a match winner IMO.I mean, he is only 31! But when you have been playing FG since you were 17 or so, thats a pretty old 31.
    You would assume he takes the bench utlitiy spot and he comes on and plays a bit of hooker, then just gives other blokes rests and covers in origin time.

Also, what about Dave Taylor - anyone read the courier mail this morning?
    They are harping on about his value being 300-400k and the NRL blocking the minimum deal if thats what happens. Now I know that the Mail is fucking terrible, slightly better if not a million times worse than the Telegraph (or exactly the same), but thats pretty funny - after Parker's admission that he was given 230k by the bronco's.

Firstly, pretty good depth signing and no doubt we got Benji for SFA given our superior negotiating skills to most other clubs.

I actually thought Benji was ok last season but suffered from playing behind a shit pack with no go forward - as did Widdop.
    I was hoping a club would pick him up but not sure he will get much of a crack at the Broncos unless we are hit with injuries.

Lastly, how fucking long are you going to crap on about Parker?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Firstly, pretty good depth signing and no doubt we got Benji for SFA given our superior negotiating skills to most other clubs.

I actually thought Benji was ok last season but suffered from playing behind a shit pack with no go forward - as did Widdop.
    I was hoping a club would pick him up but not sure he will get much of a crack at the Broncos unless we are hit with injuries.

Bennett has said he's not playing 6 or 7 but can play 3 or 1 making him the slowest centre/fullback in the game. Doubting daddy's boy is on the outer which only leaves Reed or Roberts who aren't lining up as expected.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:29 pm

No Worries wrote:

Bennett has said he's not playing 6 or 7 but can play 3 or 1 making him the slowest centre/fullback in the game. Doubting daddy's boy is on the outer which only leaves Reed or Roberts who aren't lining up as expected.

Reed has retired. Who knows about Roberts. Opacic looked good when he played there and Kahu is definately centre quality.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:33 pm

No Worries wrote:

Reed retired due to injury.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Bulldogs sign up a new team

The Bulldogs have confirmed the signing of Raiders big man Brenko Lee alongside five other newcomers to Belmore.Lee joins the club on a two-year deal after spending the last six seasons in the nation’s capital.
    With only 12 games in the last three seasons at the Raiders, Lee wants more game-time and will have a shot at securing a spot in Des Hasler’s side following the departures of Sam Perrett and Curtis Rona.
    Back-rower Rhyse Martin, Queanbeyan junior Zac Woolford, Sharks playmaker Josh Cleeland, outside back Tom Carr and Storm forward Francis Tualau are the other new faces at the Bulldogs.
    Martin, who signed from the Townsville Blackhawks on a two year deal, captained the Roosters’ U-20s side. He also has Test experience with Papua New Guinea and was named the Intrust Super Cup Second-Rower of the Year this season.
    Woolford, also on a two year contract, was a star for the NSW U-20 Origin side this year.
    Cleeland earned a spot at Cronulla after playing an integral role in the Ipswich Jets’ 2015 Queensland Cup success.
    Carr scored 17 tries in 12 games for the Dragons’ NYC side last year and was elevated to St George Illawarra’s NRL squad in 2016.
    Tualau signed a three season deal with Canterbury and is a graduate of Melbourne’s U-20s system.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

For ever Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:07 pm

No Worries wrote:

I think bennett just said he wont be playing halfback, but can play 6, centre or 1. Him defending at centre would be disgusting though.
    Same with fullback.

If they turned benji into a fullback when he came into grade, he could have been one of the best fullbacks in recent history IMO.
    His attack suits it perfectly. Plus it takes the organising out of his game in attack, which has always been one of his biggest weaknesses.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:03 pm

The Titans have reportedly offered Melbourne giant Kevin Proctor a lucrative $1.6 million three-year contract to move north next season.
    The Kiwi international still has two years remaining with Melbourne, meaning Gold Coast will have to pay out his current agreement.

Pieman can you let Parker know that's over $500K a season and Pieday re-signed for $400K
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:50 pm

sure
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Flashy five-eighth Shaun Nona has backflipped on his decision to join the Townsville Blackhawks after securing an NRL contract with the Dragons for next season.

Nona was set to join the Cowboys feeder side in the Intrust Super Cup from 2017, but his deal had a release clause which would allow him to walk away if he secured a fulltime NRL position.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 pm