NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

filthridden
    filthridden

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Krump wrote:My Local has just started a schnitty challenge. A 1kg schnitty plus chips and a jug of coke, $40 but if you finish it in an hour it's free. The schnitty I could do but if they went big on the chips i'd be no chance I reckon.

There's one at the hoffbrauhaus in Chinatown, Melbourne.
    I think its a 1.5kg schnitz, bowl of chips and a stein. Gotta be done in 45mins.

It's $75 so not cheap but if you pull it off you get a tshirt which entitles you to one free beer per visit.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by Pain Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Krump wrote:
    Steak sanga. All these Parmy eaters are weirdos.

Love a steak sanga. How do you feel about the introduction of turkish bread into the genre?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Just can't get into a steak sandwich.

If I want to eat a steak I want it to be a proper one, that's too big for a sandwich.
    Although if I was to eat one, turkish bread is fine
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:40 pm

Pain wrote:

Love a steak sanga.  How do you feel about the introduction of turkish bread into the genre?

Take it or leave it. Turkish bread is usually cut so fucking thick that its closer to being a burger than a sanga and that screws with the filling to bread ratio.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:43 pm

No Worries wrote:@Krump  - Bavarian Bier House has something similar but with sides instead of coke.

Steak sangas are usually belted thin to within an inch of their lives and tuff as buggery. Parma everyday, no hesitation.
    I've seen the one at the Bier House but I prefer a bit of sausage when eating there.
    I'd assume that any place that can screw up a steak sanga that badly is gonna be giving you a rubbish Parmy as well so you're better off just going somewhere else.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Krump wrote:
    Take it or leave it. Turkish bread is usually cut so fucking thick that its closer to being a burger than a sanga and that screws with the filling to bread ratio.

Yeah and if it's un-toasted it's too doughy

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Feel like this is heading towards a Sizzler thread style where we all start posting pics (obviously including a photo of ones receipt is mandatory).
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If I want to eat a steak I want it to be a proper one, that's too big for a sandwich.

Although I don't knock them, never quite understood a steak sandwich.
    If I want meat between buns, I'm going for a burger.

Steak sandwich just seems like a fancied up version of a burger and like milch said, if I was going to get a steak, I'm not going to get the kind of steak that goes in a sandwich.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Br en wrote:Feel like this is heading towards a Sizzler thread style where we all start posting pics (obviously including a photo of ones receipt is mandatory).
    You just want the discount codes Very Happy
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:53 pm

f i l t h r i d d e n wrote:

Steak sandwich just seems like a fancied up version of a burger and like milch said, if I was going to get a steak, I'm not going to get the kind of steak that goes in a sandwich.
    You obviously no nothing about filling to bread ratios. Probably keep your Sauce  in the cupboard as well.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Br en wrote:Feel like this is heading towards a Sizzler thread style where we all start posting pics (obviously including a photo of ones receipt is mandatory).

We need something to do over summer (other than each others Mum's)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Pain wrote:

We need something to do over summer  (other than each others Mum's)
    This. It seems ironic that due to Fantasy being pretty much finished I have more time to read and post on a fantasy forum scratch
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:07 pm

f i l t h r i d d e n wrote:

Heh heh, you said you want meat between buns.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Once you start drying up you are going to end up actually being the steak in a sandwich.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:16 pm

Krump wrote:

That's a focaccia mate this ain't the 2000's.
    Get the local hipster to teach you the difference.
    Here's one I use, seems to know his shit.
    The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 4 Eyes

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Some quality lolz in this thread

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 4 43015-Ot-White-yellow-purple-Hat-Memes
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:58 pm

No Worries wrote:

Get  the local hipster to teach you the difference.

Homemade focaccia is good

I cant stand those fucking pull apart savoury buns at brumby's etc. For a while there there'd be one showing up at every office morning tea.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:02 pm

No Worries wrote:

Get the local hipster to teach you the difference.

I find it kinda flattering that you saved photos from my instagram haha.

Why warp it though?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:49 pm

A steak sanga sounds so good, but when it comes.down to it is almost never done well. Wouldn't bother with em.

Get stuck into some kofta on/in bread, thats your meat and sandwich fix right there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Seeing as we are now broadening the scope of this thread, I'd just like to add in my love of a Greek style gyros.

Love'em

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm