NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by standard-issue Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:24

f i l t h r i d d e n wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Us hipsters rule all.

My wife even keeps quinoa in the house.

HS's house is built out of the stuff.
    Lol
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by standard-issue Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:26

TopDog wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:I gotta admit something here. I know it's wrong, I know it's frowned upon. I prefer to eat my meat pie by ripping the top off getting a fork and eating the inside first and then the pastry. I know it's wrong. Shut up.
    So wrong its right. I go one step further and mix the tomato sauce (cold from the fridge) in with the meat inside and on the top part of the pastry.
    I'll flip the lid and eat those bitches from the inside out when it's party pies, no fear!

But when it comes to a man size pie I'll almost always do the right thing.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:27

Honeysett wrote:I gotta admit something here. I know it's wrong, I know it's frowned upon. I prefer to eat my meat pie by ripping the top off getting a fork and eating the inside first and then the pastry. I know it's wrong. Shut up.

I would have lost less respect for you if you had instead just admitted to such things like being impressed with Pauline Hanson's parliamentary speech or stealing from charity tins.

I feel like this quote is appropriate at the moment:

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 7 9bace82982b1e41532c43623d469a5522ad798e90c77138b6c4ef4915fb4fd8c_1

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:28

iSIs wrote:
    I'll flip the lid and eat those bitches from the inside out when it's party pies, no fear!

If Im out and about Ill eat it without opening it up but if I make it from scratch at home I flip the lid.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:28

I am OK with this. This is something I am prepared to accept.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:34

iSIs wrote:

Haha, yeah I reckon that's fair enough.

The filling inside those little bastards would be pretty comparable to molten lava.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:36

Ya see Honeysett, sometimes when you feel like you are all alone, you're actually not.  If you don't use your voice, you can't be heard.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:42

I feel so liberated.

I often put cheese in it as well, then T sauce (from the cupboard) and mix it all around.

It feels good to know there are others.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 14:56

One thing I am partial to, if I'm knocking back a pie in the comfort of my own home, is removing the lid and throwing in a handful of ham and cheese.

I'm not a weirdo like Honeysett because I do put the lid back on afterwards.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:02

So what's everyone's go to?

I used to be a stock-standard steak, bacon and cheese man with the odd potato pie thrown in here and there.

These days I'm loving the chicken varieties (Thai or mornay) and a good Ned Kelly.

Will generally also get a cheese and bacon sausage roll or pastie for an entree.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:12

Yeah, quite partial to a cheese and bacon sausage roll.  My go to is definitely just a good old fashioned meat pie (or maybe 2).  But I do love the Brumby's satay chicken and actually really like their curry pies as well.

I quite often buy a 4 pack of quality pasties and binge on them while playing some xBox.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:18

Honeysett wrote:I feel so liberated.

I often put cheese in it as well, then T sauce (from the cupboard) and mix it all around.

It feels good to know there are others.

I like it how you use brackets to signify the only part of the post that makes any sense at all
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:22

I like a variety of pie flavours, but if its meat it has to be proper chunks of meat, and not too minced.
    I don't like the pies they sell at the footy - they are just not right.

Had a Mexican beef pie for lunch today actually. Was pretty tasty, and the beef chunks inside were massive.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:26

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I pronounce quinoa incorrectly, purely out of principle.

You make me sick

I find that when on an internet forum, the deliberate mispronunciation of words loses some of its impact.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:29

iSIs wrote:
    Oh I did forget about the sausage on bread mate, big Sauce fan there as well.  Can't get more Aussie than a couple from Bunnings on a Sunday arvo, no onions for me.

I can spend 2 and a half hours at Bunnings and the only thing that comes out of my mouth is "2 without, please".

I must say that the quality of Bunnings sausages has deteriorated in recent times (at least near me)

Back in the day, Bunnings could be relied upon to give you a quality sausage in a decent snag/bread ratio. Nowadays it seems to be anything goes. Some slacker has let the standards slip.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:11

Milchcow wrote:
    iSIs wrote:
    Oh I did forget about the sausage on bread mate, big Sauce fan there as well.  Can't get more Aussie than a couple from Bunnings on a Sunday arvo, no onions for me.

I can spend 2 and a half hours at Bunnings and the only thing that comes out of my mouth is "2 without, please".

I must say that the quality of Bunnings sausages has deteriorated in recent times (at least near me)

Back in the day, Bunnings could be relied upon to give you a quality sausage in a decent snag/bread ratio. Nowadays it seems to be anything goes. Some slacker has let the standards slip.
    My 2 locals are still decent thankfully.  However a couple of weekends ago there was a tragedy.  Now I will preface this by saying that I fucking knew I should have grabbed them on the way in and not on the way out.  

I rocked up to Bunnings Mindarie and it was about 3 and I figured they wouldn't close up the stall till at least 4.

How wrong was I  Crying or Very sad

Walked back out 30 minutes later with my gear and they were cleaning the plate!  The whole time I was in there I felt really on edge and it slowly grew to that feeling of impending doom.  In the words of Finchy, always trust your gut...for your gut's sake.

There was a happy ending though, I bought a 10 pack of KFC  Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:15

I've had a similar experience at Bunnings, only it was with free face-painting (for the milch-calf) not a sausage sandwich.

Was a bit busy when we walked in so thought we'd just come back later rather than queue, but by then they'd packed up.

Little milch-calf actually quite enjoys Bunnings. She gets a "hot dog", face painting and they have a playground inside.

Really, the only issue is her inability to tell the difference between a hot dog and a sausage sandwich. And I have tried to educate her, she is just unwilling to be educated on the matter.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:25

Cheese, beef and bacon pies are the way to go.

Also when it comes to fast food I can't go past a Rippa sub from Red Rooster or a Hot chicken roll with sweet and sour sauce.

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:37

Most places Ive been to buy their dumplings frozen rather than making them from scratch like they should. Disappointing really and fairly easy to tell the difference between the two.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 17:05

Party pies at home get the lids ripped of and sauce inserted.

I use a splade to eat my party pies. Everytime.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 22:35