NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

Post by ryno_ Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Next week to lock keepers, week after to draft?
    malice
    malice

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

Post by malice Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:28 pm

OK... we seem to be having difficulty proposing a date: as per Dreadlord's days (on the actual site), I propose that we have the draft on Thursday the 25th of August.That work?

Additionally, am I correct in assuming that The Hayne Plane hasn't returned?
    Floor Pie
    Floor Pie

Post by Floor Pie Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:00 am

malice wrote:OK... we seem to be having difficulty proposing a date: as per Dreadlord's days (on the actual site), I propose that we have the draft on Thursday the 25th of August.That work?

Additionally, am I correct in assuming that The Hayne Plane hasn't returned?

Good for me, 27th and 28th also good.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:41 am

That date is fine by me, anytime 730 onwards.
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:17 am

Given we have people in different time-zones, can we be more specific on times (ryno - is that 7:30pm Melb time?)?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 am

Brissy - but you mexicans arent in daylight savings atm... are you?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:43 pm

i have a very flexible schedule, so whenever it's set for i'll be there
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:08 am

ryno_ wrote:Brissy - but you mexicans arent in daylight savings atm... are you?

YOU'RE a "Mexican" for me.  I'm significantly north of you!!!

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league - Page 3 Tumblr_m9xpo0WQAp1rziwwco1_500
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:07 am

malice wrote:

YOU'RE a "Mexican" for me.  I'm significantly north of you!!!

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league - Page 3 Tumblr_m9xpo0WQAp1rziwwco1_500

Still in Japan?
    Inqui
    Inqui

Post by Inqui Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:54 pm

malice wrote:Another thing that could be considered... an offline draft?
    How would this idea work? I'm on board with 7.30 on August 25 (Sydney/Melbourne time), but as I said on the site I can't set a live draft before 11am Eastern, which is kinda ridiculous. I've emailed the nfl.com team, but we might have to look at either an offline draft (or a Skype one?) or just fit a square peg into a round-ish hole and do a weekend draft.
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Inqui wrote:
    How would this idea work? I'm on board with 7.30 on August 25 (Sydney/Melbourne time), but as I said on the site I can't set a live draft before 11am Eastern, which is kinda ridiculous. I've emailed the nfl.com team, but we might have to look at either an offline draft (or a Skype one?) or just fit a square peg into a round-ish hole and do a weekend draft.

An offline draft could take a few days - easy tho'. Just make a thread in a forum (that's the easiest way to see it), and then people make their picks. It could take a week to get finished, but... is that an actual problem?
    The biggest issue would be you would have to then enter all the teams together on NFL's site. I've done it before for a basketball league - and whilst it's a pain, it's not that tough.

So... no midweek draft. Then let's do it on a Saturday/Sunday evening (Sunday's better for me!).
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:29 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Still in Japan?

Yessir. I own my own place here... not going anywhere in a hurry.
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Emirates leaves for the US on the 24th. Which - in effect - would mean that the draft has to be THIS WEEKEND.
    Now, I can do this... others tho'?
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:32 pm

malice wrote:Additionally, am I correct in assuming that The Hayne Plane hasn't returned?
    Whatever we do - this needs to be sorted, and fast.
    Inqui
    Inqui

Post by Inqui Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:52 pm

malice wrote:

An offline draft could take a few days - easy tho'.  Just make a thread in a forum (that's the easiest way to see it), and then people make their picks.  It could take a week to get finished, but... is that an actual problem?
    The biggest issue would be you would have to then enter all the teams together on NFL's site.  I've done it before for a basketball league - and whilst it's a pain, it's not that tough.

So... no midweek draft.  Then let's do it on a Saturday/Sunday evening (Sunday's better for me!).
    It seems strange for the site to exclude such a big part of the day considering how global the game is (basically it's hampering the entire Asian market), so I'd imagine there's some kind of fix. Hopefully I hear back from them soon. But if the consensus is for expediting the draft and holding it this Sunday I can work with that too.

An offline draft could work - I've done bigger drafts with that format on other forums (32 people drafting an entire franchise each). You'd just need a separate draft and big board thread, which requires a small amount of maintenance but I imagine we could fly through the picks fairly quickly.

I've emailed The Hayne Plane, but still no reply. I'll give him another poke, but I know there was a gentleman on this thread who showed an interest. Worst case, I have a friend who was available on a moment's notice last year so I imagine the same would be the case this year.
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm up for either. To involve Emirates, this Sunday's probably the best bet... IF everyone else can do. He gave pretty late notice, so if he misses, he misses.

Either way (Sunday draft/offline draft) we probably want to get our ducks in a row, today/tomorrow? We should just make a decision, and abide by it.
    You're the commish: what's your thought on what's best?
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Sheesh... middle of the day on a Sunday's a bit harsh if you're not single.
    I get that you have work, Inqui - what time do you finish?

I get that I'm only one person, but I think I'd prefer a week day, or an offline draft to middle-of-the-day on a Sunday.

note: we had this same issue a few years ago with ESPN for being able to set draft times.  It changed... eventually, but I'd highly doubt that NFL will change their policy just for lil' ol' us.
    Inqui
    Inqui

Post by Inqui Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:58 pm

malice wrote:I'm up for either.  To involve Emirates, this Sunday's probably the best bet... IF everyone else can do.  He gave pretty late notice, so if he misses, he misses.

Either way (Sunday draft/offline draft) we probably want to get our ducks in a row, today/tomorrow?  We should just make a decision, and abide by it.
    You're the commish: what's your thought on what's best?
    Gun to my head, I'd prefer a Sunday draft. Get everything out the way at once and reduce the scope for clerical errors.

Agreed about this Sunday. I've set the draft for Sunday week, but I'll bring it forward if enough people are able to roll with that. The current provisional date puts the onus on people being able make it work, acting as a safeguard to be sure that more people are ready. And we can get a better idea of what the actual teams are doing with another week of preseason out the way. Fwiw though, missing the draft has probably been more of an advantage over the years. If I'm not mistaken, at least one autodrafted side has either made the final or come close to it every year for the past few years.

Also I've PMed Welshy. The spot's his if he wants it, unless the Hayne Plane comes out of hibernation.
    Inqui
    Inqui

Post by Inqui Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:03 pm

malice wrote:Sheesh... middle of the day on a Sunday's a bit harsh if you're not single.
    I get that you have work, Inqui - what time do you finish?

I get that I'm only one person, but I think I'd prefer a week day, or an offline draft to middle-of-the-day on a Sunday.

note: we had this same issue a few years ago with ESPN for being able to set draft times.  It changed... eventually, but I'd highly doubt that NFL will change their policy just for lil' ol' us.
    The time of day is even more provisional, hence putting out feelers now. I finish at 7.30pm Sydney time, so that won't work unless those drafting restrictions get lifted. I can live with sticking my head in sporadically (a perk with working from home) or missing the draft altogether like I did last year, but if no time can be agreed then an offline draft might be more flexible.

Fwiw I don't think it'll be just us with that problem, so hopefully it does get changed.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Happy to take the spot if still available guys! Just give me small run down on keeper league draft rules and I'm good to go

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 pm