NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Scouter
    Scouter

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Scouter Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 am

Bren wrote:How does one knock on a door like a douche? Is it Sheldon style knocking or a particular rythmic pattern?

Asking for a friend...

Knock knock knock Brenny
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by dasherhalo Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:19 am

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 29 58712_10

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:22 am

Scouter wrote:

Knock knock knock Brenny
    Sounds like your girlfriend is at the door again. She cant get enough of my long schlong.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:41 am

dasherhalo wrote:Probably good for everyone concerned that Kas didn't take a hit up in the next set. Josh McGuire was in nearly every tackle, and wanted a piece of someone. Anyone would have done.

And knowing how the red mist descends on him, I'm 99% positive he would have kicked off something stupid!!

I fucking hate him.
    I hate the half smile thing he does when he is out of breath and has his hands on his hips.

I just dislike him more and more.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:43 am

Pieman wrote:

I fucking hate him.
    I hate the half smile thing he does when he is out of breath and has his hands on his hips.

I just dislike him more and more.

That's his smug as fuck look. All QLD fans have one.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:11 am

Another Robert's alcohol fuelled story for good measure

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:18 am

No Worries wrote:Another Robert's alcohol fuelled story for good measure
    Yeah Amos enjoys the booze also.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:17 pm

its crazy.. I reckon at just about any club in the nrl - if a bloke is sprung out on the piss mid week he would be stood down for that weekend at least.

Let alone him being choked out by security and dragged out and it all making the papers.

bizarre he wasnt stood down for the weekend
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:25 pm

And after Kasiano apologises, but realises Parker ignores him and continues to walk away, says to the much-loved Bronco: “Why don’t you go and have a cry c*** ’’

A stunned Parker swings around and says, “ay?’’, only for Kasiano to repeat the words “have a cry’’.

So the sincerity of his apology lasted about 0.5 of a second?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 pm

the then says he didnt know he was there and he was sorry and contacted him after the game and said he was sorry.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:35 am

He probably realised his first attempt at an apology sucked Wink

Nah, it sounds all sorted. He fucked up, got a few weeks, and apologized. Done. Moving on.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:05 am

Surprise surprise Roberts doesn't miss any games due to his actions. Complete BS IMO.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:15 am

Bren wrote:Surprise surprise Roberts doesn't miss any games due to his actions. Complete BS IMO.

Totally agree.
    Its bizarre that he didn't get suspended for at least one match.

You get blokes being disciplined for being late to training, yet this bloke gets on the piss twice in a month during the season (that we know of, I would guess its a lot more), spits on a staff member (apparently) gets asked to leave, abuses staff, gets choked out by a bouncer, goes out after that even, then it all blows up in the papers and the guy doesnt miss any game time? Its apparently a 20k fine but ill suck on my left testy if HE actually pays that money. It would come from the club or a sponsor etc.

I like Roberts, I really do. I think its sad that he has alcohol issues and dont want to see him punted from any club, he is such a good talent (even if the broncos dont use him enough). But fuck me dead he has some bad issues with grog and I feel that if it were any other club, he would have not played last week and would prob still be facing a week or 2 off.

Its just so weird IMO.

Last edited by Pieman on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:18 am

In all seriousness, he needs help. He needs someone to sit him down and explain to him that the alcohol is making him a bad person, either cut it out or end up sacked and shoveling shit for the rest of your life.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Pieman wrote:

Totally agree.
    Its bizarre that he didn't get suspended for at least one match.

You get blokes being disciplined for being late to training, yet this bloke gets on the piss twice in a month during the season (that we know of, I would guess its a lot more), spits on a staff member (apparently) gets asked to leave, abuses staff, gets choked out by a bouncer, goes out after that even, then it all blows up in the papers and the guy doesnt miss any game time? Its apparently a 20k fine but ill suck on my left testy if HE actually pays that money. It would come from the club or a sponsor etc.

I like Roberts, I really do. I think its sad that he has alcohol issues and dont want to see him punted from any club, he is such a good talent (even if the broncos dont use him enough). But fuck me dead he has some bad issues with grog and I feel that if it were any other club, he would have not played last week and would prob still be facing a week or 2 off.

Its just so weird IMO.

What's weird is every khunt frothing at the mouth to have blokes stood down for a game of football if they happen to fuck up off the field.

I don't get the lack of thought behind that and why the average simpleton out there just reacts to what the media feeds them in these instances.

For most of these blokes playing footy is about the only thing that keeps them from going out and sinking piss 7 nights a week as opposed to one or two.
    Standing them down from games doesn't help them one bit and is only ever done to appease the general public.

I'm marginally biased but I would have applauded any club that has done what the Broncos have done in this situation and sorted out a plan based on what is best for the player as opposed to what the average simpleton out there is baying for.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Dip wrote:

Yep spot on. I don't think Jackson is the best player in the world, but gee he's tough. Kudos to Rona as well. He probably had his toughest game in the NRL in terms of dropped balls and bad passes, but he kept putting his hand up to do some tough stuff. I think he was the first to take a hit up after the Kasiano incident as well. I am surprised he wasn't suspended for touching the ref though. When he got a penalty for the Blair strip after 67 minutes when he was pushed back a few metres and they went on with it a bit, after Blair was going back to the defensive line he chested his way past the ref to have a few more words. I thought he'd get cited for sure.

Edit: Here's the video and it shows up at about 1:26:30 in the video. You can't see from that video angle if contact was made but I was sitting square on and it seemed pretty clear he did.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfWu3dD44pw

Haven't really caught up with most of the news this last week or so but Kas got what he deserved for a dog act and I am assuming Rona wasn't charged due to the ref stepping in front of him......which is rubbish IMO.

Of all the ref touching incidents that have been charged lately I thought this one was actually legitimate.

The ref told him to back off and he kept advancing to start shit and quite frankly I thought it was disrespectful to the ref - which is actually what we should be trying to deter rather than the incidental contact that has been focused on of late.

As a side issue and completely off topic, 2016 has really been the year of the wingers for mine.

Generally these blokes have been good finishers and what not but this season some of the wingers have also been bloody instrumental in other parts of the game (as well as finishing off tries) e.g. Rapana, Nathan Ross, Rona, Nene McDonald, Kahu, Mansour, Valentine, Nofo and Naiqama.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:33 pm

the only thing i hate about the roberts case is it makes you think how much the nrl folded to media pressure by giving pearce 8 weeks

if what pearce did was worth 8 weeks, we would have had a dozen other suspension this year, if not more, the media went for the kill and the reactive nrl folded, when the media hasn't cared, the nrl has correctly left is completely to the discretion of the clubs (who are the employer)

its not even like we can argue its because o0f pearce's history because a guy like roberts has some runs on the board
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:06 pm

So his violence against women doesn't rate ???

It's only because he was pissed and has a drinking problem, so it's OK.

Shame Bronco's Shame.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:21 pm

yep should have been stood down for 2 weeks. This is why the NRL need to set-up an off field independent system. 2 weeks from finals and they let the Broncos decide punishment?? Haha its laughable
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Shanbon wrote:yep should have been stood down for 2 weeks. This is why the NRL need to set-up an off field independent system. 2 weeks from finals and they let the Broncos decide punishment?? Haha its laughable

Genuine question Shanbon.
    What would standing him down for two weeks achieve......other than making Parra fans feel better about Norman's punishment?

Last edited by Oz Sport Mad on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am