NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 14 Match Thread

Pieman
    Pieman

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 14 Match Thread

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:15 am

Finch wrote:If the Broncos score next after Half-Time, im turning the PS4 on instead.

what game
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:28 am

Finch wrote:

I've said it before multiple times, and I dont really see enough people saying it, if anybody at all. Part of the success from any NRL club comes down to injuries. If you don't get many/your key players don't get injured, you will win more than you lose. All of a sudden once the Broncos started getting a few injuries, they started to lose. It happens with all teams, it's nothing new. People don't seem to pick up on this for whatever reason.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about any team winning the premiership and not mention a "if they stay injury free" It's probably the most over used saying going.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:14 am

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500003Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500032

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 100
    Warriorrrsss, come out to playyyy. The Warriors have woken from their slumber, halfway through the season when teams are struggling with Origin commitments. They’ll go on a massive run of games, get their fans hopes up and then fade away at the end of the season. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. They’ll absolutely bulldoze the Knights here, historically I’m pretty sure the Knights have a good record against the Warriors just off the top of my head. I seem to win more free lunches of my sisters boyfriend than I’m paying out so that’s generally a good indicator. I won’t make the bet this time round, that would be like throwing money away and if I wanted to do that I’d have children. The Knights have signed Missy Elliott from the Chooks, let’s hope he can Work It for the steel city, there’s more chance he’ll Lose Control and the Knights will fumble their way to another record breaking loss. The upside to the Knights is seeing the young talent coming through, the Saifiti brothers have both resigned with the Knights for a few more years. They’re the best set of twins since Mary Kate and Ashley. White Lightning Nathan Ross has hurt himself in what is just another kick in the dick to Knights fans this year. It’s been tough but we might crack the top 15 in the next few years. Interestingly the Knights have only had 4 homes this year, by far the least of any team. Doesn’t help a young team to build much confidence in front of away fans.. not like it’d help.

Warriors by 30
    FTS Kata

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500031Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500004

The halves combo for the Eels doesn’t strike much confidence into the hearts of the Blue and Gold, Kenny Edwards? Really?! This feels like an under 16s game where the Titans should lend a player to the opposite team so they can make up the numbers. Not to take anything away from Edwards who’s a great player but the Titans are going to kill Kenny. Corey Norman is going to have to have a crack if the Eels are going to put up a contest. While we’re on Norman I hope the guy beats his drug charges and can put all this mess behind him. Before I leave the drug saga behind I want to give you some advice kids. If someone offers you drugs, don’t say no - drugs are expensive. What about those Titans hey? They win games they shouldn’t and prove that you don’t need guys on huge money to make a dent in this competition. Since they’ve dropped the vertical wombat Dave Taylor and upgraded to Ash Taylor they’ve turned the corner. The kid is a gun, albeit he looks like he would get carded to attend a M rated movie. He’s one hell of a footballer. The Titans will continue to go under the radar and rack up the wins, they’ll kill the Eels season officially and the boys can enjoy an MDMA fuelled night on the tiles. Flick me a message boys and I’ll get on it with ya.

Titans by 12
    FTS Semi

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500001Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500021

Elementary Dear Watson looks like he will get the fullback gig with the athletic Latrell Mitchell most likely to be ruled out with injury. Mitchell reminds me of Gary Coleman if he wasn’t a midget, or dead. Just going to have that puppy fat baby face forever. I will tell you one thing about the Roosters, JWH could walk into my house knock my beer out of my hand, have sex with my girlfriend in front of me and finish off in my dinner and I would still apologise through fear. When the bloke is on the field he’s an absolute animal, he’s starting to string some games together so his match fitness is getting up there which is extremely concerning for anyone trying to tackle him. He reminds me of the Juggernaut, build up enough momentum and he won’t be stopped… unless you’re Brett Ratner and completely finger fuck the character into the ground during that piece of shit X-Men 3. Speaking of extraordinary men what about Jesse Bromwich? He would have to be one of the best forwards running around and has been for many years. Are we sure he wasn’t born in New South Wales? Could use an enforcer like this motherfucker. If the Storm get out to a lead Cam Smith will get an early shower, he’s probably the type of guy that you’d put your towel in the bathroom, get the water just right, turn around to take your clothes off and he’d jump in before you even had a chance to blink. Such a prick. Shower stealing, cap cheating mofo. Fuck that dude. Roosters will be in it at half time but get blown away by the machine like Melbourne Storm.

Storm by 18
    FTS Vuni?—Vunava?—— Fuck. Koroibete.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:17 am

surmo13 wrote:a) never thought i'd say this about Maranta vs anyone, but if a spot comes down to Maranta vs Eden, i prefer Maranta, at least he logs 2-3 games of almost-competence between complete shockers, Eden is just hopeless.

b) Pangai needs to be in every Broncos team list starting from last month until he retires, absolute monster of a player.

c) starting to get a little concerned about the season overall, every week we have 2-3 of our better players pick up new injuries, the possibility of carrying a truckload of niggles into the finals doesnt bode well.

Good post. Two byes in the next 4 weeks will really help. Even the origin players now have 13 days off until they play next.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:44 am

Honeysett wrote:Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500003Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500032

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 100
    Warriorrrsss, come out to playyyy. The Warriors have woken from their slumber, halfway through the season when teams are struggling with Origin commitments. They’ll go on a massive run of games, get their fans hopes up and then fade away at the end of the season. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. They’ll absolutely bulldoze the Knights here, historically I’m pretty sure the Knights have a good record against the Warriors just off the top of my head. I seem to win more free lunches of my sisters boyfriend than I’m paying out so that’s generally a good indicator. I won’t make the bet this time round, that would be like throwing money away and if I wanted to do that I’d have children. The Knights have signed Missy Elliott from the Chooks, let’s hope he can Work It for the steel city, there’s more chance he’ll Lose Control and the Knights will fumble their way to another record breaking loss. The upside to the Knights is seeing the young talent coming through, the Saifiti brothers have both resigned with the Knights for a few more years. They’re the best set of twins since Mary Kate and Ashley. White Lightning Nathan Ross has hurt himself in what is just another kick in the dick to Knights fans this year. It’s been tough but we might crack the top 15 in the next few years. Interestingly the Knights have only had 4 homes this year, by far the least of any team. Doesn’t help a young team to build much confidence in front of away fans.. not like it’d help.

Warriors by 30
    FTS Kata

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500031Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500004

The halves combo for the Eels doesn’t strike much confidence into the hearts of the Blue and Gold, Kenny Edwards? Really?! This feels like an under 16s game where the Titans should lend a player to the opposite team so they can make up the numbers. Not to take anything away from Edwards who’s a great player but the Titans are going to kill Kenny. Corey Norman is going to have to have a crack if the Eels are going to put up a contest. While we’re on Norman I hope the guy beats his drug charges and can put all this mess behind him. Before I leave the drug saga behind I want to give you some advice kids. If someone offers you drugs, don’t say no - drugs are expensive. What about those Titans hey? They win games they shouldn’t and prove that you don’t need guys on huge money to make a dent in this competition. Since they’ve dropped the vertical wombat Dave Taylor and upgraded to Ash Taylor they’ve turned the corner. The kid is a gun, albeit he looks like he would get carded to attend a M rated movie. He’s one hell of a footballer. The Titans will continue to go under the radar and rack up the wins, they’ll kill the Eels season officially and the boys can enjoy an MDMA fuelled night on the tiles. Flick me a message boys and I’ll get on it with ya.

Titans by 12
    FTS Semi

Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500001Round 14 Match Thread  - Page 2 500021

Elementary Dear Watson looks like he will get the fullback gig with the athletic Latrell Mitchell most likely to be ruled out with injury. Mitchell reminds me of Gary Coleman if he wasn’t a midget, or dead. Just going to have that puppy fat baby face forever. I will tell you one thing about the Roosters, JWH could walk into my house knock my beer out of my hand, have sex with my girlfriend in front of me and finish off in my dinner and I would still apologise through fear. When the bloke is on the field he’s an absolute animal, he’s starting to string some games together so his match fitness is getting up there which is extremely concerning for anyone trying to tackle him. He reminds me of the Juggernaut, build up enough momentum and he won’t be stopped… unless you’re Brett Ratner and completely finger fuck the character into the ground during that piece of shit X-Men 3. Speaking of extraordinary men what about Jesse Bromwich? He would have to be one of the best forwards running around and has been for many years. Are we sure he wasn’t born in New South Wales? Could use an enforcer like this motherfucker. If the Storm get out to a lead Cam Smith will get an early shower, he’s probably the type of guy that you’d put your towel in the bathroom, get the water just right, turn around to take your clothes off and he’d jump in before you even had a chance to blink. Such a prick. Shower stealing, cap cheating mofo. Fuck that dude. Roosters will be in it at half time but get blown away by the machine like Melbourne Storm.

Storm by 18
    FTS Vuni?—Vunava?—— Fuck. Koroibete.

great stuff mate
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:05 am

Honeysett wrote:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about any team winning the premiership and not mention a "if they stay injury free" It's probably the most over used saying going.

It's pretty true though
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Finch wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

It's pretty true though

Yeah. It's spoken about all the time on shows like 360, the Cowboys for example this year were noted in a lot of the print and television media pretty much weekly about playing an almost identical 17 week in week out for the first 10 weeks of this year.

RLW when I used to buy it in print form would do up a list of every pre season or around the grand final showing correlations like this. They also used to tally penalties for and against and I think there was a strong correlation there as well (logical).
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Yeah, the injury thing is mentioned all the time...
    They ALWAYS say that the two teams with the least injuries usually are the most successful.

I mean, the knights lost Johns to a neck injury nearly 10 years ago now and they still cant win a match
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Pieman wrote:Yeah, the injury thing is mentioned all the time...
    They ALWAYS say that the two teams with the least injuries usually are the most successful.

I mean, the knights lost Johns to a neck injury nearly 10 years ago now and they still cant win a match

Lol

Tigers went from 1 point off a GF berth in 2010 and 1 bad piece of game management by Benji in 2011 to a Prelim, and then we had one of the worst runs of injury in 2012 and 2013 EVER.

We did start 2012 pretty shit considering we were favourites, but there was nothing to say they wouldn't click into gear later on without the injuries.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:52 pm

always a few sides that get decimated and end the year looking terrible as a result, penny seem to have problem with it regularly of late

05' was pretty shit for us, went in favs to repeat, mason got injured the USA game and it just got worse and worse

went from favs to playing superstars like filiga, richter, Mcillwain, brideson, luke young, cutler, czislowski, oliver, phelps, C tonga etc aswell as corey hughes playing in the halves Embarassed
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:56 pm

leaguegod wrote:always a few sides that get decimated and end the year looking terrible as a result, penny seem to have problem with it regularly of late

05' was pretty shit for us, went in favs to repeat, mason got injured the USA game and it just got worse and worse

went from favs to playing superstars like filiga, richter, Mcillwain, brideson, luke young, cutler, czislowski, oliver, phelps, C tonga etc aswell as corey hughes playing in the halves Embarassed

Wow, some blasts from the past there.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:02 pm

leaguegod wrote:always a few sides that get decimated and end the year looking terrible as a result, penny seem to have problem with it regularly of late

Fair comment, but also remember that if your boys hadn't done the biggest salary cap rort in the game up to that date in the years prior to 2005, then you would have been used to seeing a few more of those blokes regularly in the first place, so the level of injuries wouldn't have seemed as much.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:58 pm

surmo13 wrote:a) never thought i'd say this about Maranta vs anyone, but if a spot comes down to Maranta vs Eden, i prefer Maranta, at least he logs 2-3 games of almost-competence between complete shockers, Eden is just hopeless.

Give Opacic a shot over both of them. He looked good in the 9s.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Have any English backs down here done OK?

Even Dennis Betts and Andy Platt were fucking average back in the day.

The forwards seem to mostly go alright (barre Lee Mossop) but the backs end up being made to look foolish most of the time.

I remember hearing about how Leon Pryce would carve up the NRL.
    Guy was such a myth.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:42 pm

filthridden wrote:Have any English backs down here done OK?

The forwards seem to mostly go alright (barre Lee Mossop) but the backs end up being made to look foolish most of the time.

Guy was such a myth.

That winger Carney that came for newcastle was alright

He was playing outside johns, but he still went pretty well
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Guy was such a myth.

Ellery Hanley went allright in his first stint but let's not talk about his last game for us Sad
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Gary Connolly was a gun
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:50 pm

SI wrote:

Ellery Hanley went allright in his first stint but let's not talk about his last game for us Sad

How about that grubber that lead to the Steve Jackson try by the other Pom, Andy Currier a year later.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Jack Reed, Gareth Widdop. Wait...
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm talking about eEnglishmen who came down here after being established in the Superleague expecting to be superstars downunder.

Jack Reed, Widdop, Pat Richards - these guys started their careers in the NRL.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 am