NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Milchy
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 9703
    Reputation : 4011
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Milchy on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:39 pm

    Overall this was possibly the weakest season, although it still had a lot of cool stuff.
    Magic teleportation my biggest bugbear, and the whole 'go capture a wight' plot was dealt with really badly. I'm sure they could have come up with something better to get a similar end result.

    My random thoughts on the final

    As we watched, said to my wife it was very out of character for Euron to just walk away like that. but didn't think much more of it. In hindsight, his plan should have been obvious

    Enjoyed watching the Starks take down Littlefinger. I'm glad they showed that Sansa and Arya obviously had conversations with Bran off screen, rather than have him just sit around being a wierdo talking to noone.

    Although I do find it strange that Bran won't tell Arya or Sansa about Jon's parentage - but blurts it out to Sam, who he has barely met, within 5 minutes of him teleporting in.

    And Sam is a filthy liar. He never read about Rhaegar's annulment. He got it all from Gilly. Don't go stealing her credit Samwell.

    Also - Jon Snow's real name is Aegon Targaryen, and he is a half brother to Aegon Targaryen. That wouldn't be confusing if everyone had lived.

    And the image we got of Rhaegar looked a little bit weedy, and not a fearsome warrior
    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Rhaeger-Killed-By-Robert-Baratheon-862x1200
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5014
    Reputation : 1712
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Krump on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:00 pm

    Here we are again. I thought they did well getting almost all of the reunions out of the way in one episode. The only disappointment was the cheesy as hell scene with Aegon and Dany on the dragons, it just wasn't GOT like at all.
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 14132
    Reputation : 3834
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by SI on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 pm

    @Krump wrote:Here we are again. I thought they did well getting almost all of the reunions out of the way in one episode. The only disappointment was the cheesy as hell scene with Aegon and Dany on the dragons, it just wasn't GOT like at all.

    The whole AeJon on a Dragon scene was pretty munted!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 5304
    Reputation : 1199
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:58 am

    @Milchcow - aren't we meant to believe that Sammy did verify Jon's lineage through his readings and findings ?

    I like it regardless, but last night's episode made me feel like they had cashed in on the immense hype around GOT more than ever before, there were some 'grand' or over sparkly moments like I've never seen before in the series.
    I'm genuinely confused around the incest thing with Jon and Blondy, it's something so so taboo in the modern world but in a show like this they let it happen... anyway.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 6836
    Reputation : 2378
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by filthridden on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 am

    @Krump wrote:Here we are again. I thought they did well getting almost all of the reunions out of the way in one episode. The only disappointment was the cheesy as hell scene with Aegon and Dany on the dragons, it just wasn't GOT like at all.

    I was disappointed that "I've had the time of my life" didn't start playing.

    It was pretty bad.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 6836
    Reputation : 2378
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by filthridden on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 am

    I also find "I'm the three eyed raaaaven" to be Game of Thrones version of "Mett Deeeehhmun".
    Honestly all he does is tell people he's the three eyed raven.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 6233
    Reputation : 2812
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by No Worries on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 am

    I don't think Froddo is going to make it to Mount Doom. Aragon can take care of the Orcs, but Sam is useless and I reckon the ringwraiths will get him. And is it just me or is Golem a snivelling boring nothing of a character. Can't wait for the next episode.
    Milchy
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 9703
    Reputation : 4011
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Milchy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:14 am

    @Revraiser wrote:

    I like it regardless, but last night's episode made me feel like they had cashed in on the immense hype around GOT more than ever before, there were some 'grand' or over sparkly moments like I've never seen before in the series.
    I'm genuinely confused around the incest thing with Jon and Blondy, it's something so so taboo in the modern world but in a show like this they let it happen... anyway.

    Targaryen family history is full of incest, so it's not a big deal in universe.

    In book Fandom, there's a big deal about who is 'qualified' to ride a dragon, so I guess Jon's joyride was just to show that the dragons will let him ride them. It did add pretty much nothing else as a scene though.

    And for a guy that knows everything, Bran could be a bit more helpful

    possible future spoiler:

    Unless he really is the Night's King, in which case probably best to keep his mouth shut
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5014
    Reputation : 1712
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:26 am

    @No Worries wrote:I don't think Froddo is going to make it to Mount Doom. Aragon can take care of the Orcs, but Sam is useless and I reckon the ringwraiths will get him. And is it just me or is Golem a snivelling boring nothing of a character. Can't wait for the next episode.
    If there's a useless, boring, snivelling character it's clearly that little bitch Frodo not Sam or Gollum.
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5014
    Reputation : 1712
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:27 am

    @Revraiser wrote:@Milchcow - aren't we meant to believe that Sammy did verify Jon's lineage through his readings and findings ?

    I like it regardless, but last night's episode made me feel like they had cashed in on the immense hype around GOT more than ever before, there were some 'grand' or over sparkly moments like I've never seen before in the series.
    I'm genuinely confused around the incest thing with Jon and Blondy, it's something so so taboo in the modern world but in a show like this they let it happen... anyway.
    You've only just noticed the trend of incest?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 5304
    Reputation : 1199
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am

    @Krump wrote:
    You've only just noticed the trend of incest?

    In the show as we see it, and accepted incest, yes. If u read all the lore which doesn't come up in the show in detail, I'd get it.

    Maybe it's why the dragon was giving Snowy such a hardcore look in this episode. Either thinking u sick man, or recognising who he is.
    If it is such a huge thing about who can ride a dragon, why would the dragon queen just be like yeah come on hop on the pony lets go for a ride?


    Last edited by Revraiser on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5014
    Reputation : 1712
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    In the show as we see it, and accepted incest, yes. If u read all the lore which doesn't come up in the show.in detail.

    Maybe it's why the dragon was giving Snowy such a hardcore look in this episode. Either thinking u sick man, or recognising who he is.
    If it is such a huge thing about who can ride a dragon, why would the dragon queen just be like yeah come on hop on the pony lets go for a ride?
    My thinking is that she didn't even realise. Maybe the whole point of that scene was for everyone to see him riding a dragon so that when it comes up later there is proof that he's a Targaryen?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 5304
    Reputation : 1199
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:06 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    My thinking is that she didn't even realise. Maybe the whole point of that scene was for everyone to see him riding a dragon so that when it comes up later there is proof that he's a Targaryen?

    Yeah definitely some proof of it for sure. Just woulda thought that she of all would be conscious of who can't ride etc.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 592
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by manlybeaver on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:49 pm

    Anyone think those hands around that body all the wall looked the shape of the targ sigil just reversed.
    I wished when cersei said she was dissapointed with no elephants the leader replied we couldn't afford the cgi because of the dragons
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 6836
    Reputation : 2378
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by filthridden on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:13 pm

    @manlybeaver wrote:Anyone think those hands around that body all the wall looked the shape of the targ sigil just reversed.
    I wished when cersei said she was dissapointed with no elephants the leader replied we couldn't afford the cgi because of the dragons

    Yeah, first thing I thought of. That with it on fire and her being the fire lady... seemed pretty obvious all of a sudden.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 5304
    Reputation : 1199
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:18 pm

    @manlybeaver wrote:Anyone think those hands around that body all the wall looked the shape of the targ sigil just reversed.
    I wished when cersei said she was dissapointed with no elephants the leader replied we couldn't afford the cgi because of the dragons

    Well they usually terminate those that dont hop on board, like Sammys family etc
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 5304
    Reputation : 1199
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

    So how come it hasnt been discussed before, as to whether or not Dragon lady already knows Snow's lineage, and there coming together is not so random after all ?

      Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:20 am