NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

Welshy
    Welshy

The Gaming Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Welshy Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Your Name wrote:

Xbox One 500GB Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Dance Central Spotlight with Kinect $449

Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle, featuring a 1TB custom Halo 5 console and controller, a full game download of Halo 5: Guardians $599

Most of our deals are for the 1TB console

Jeez your console bundles are fantastic deals!
    The deal i had was around £50 cheaper with a free Fifa 16 game than anywhere else over here!
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:18 am

If your looking at getting bundles i would order the online black friday deals from america. Some deals are crazy cheap.

$299.99

Xbone 500GB
    2 Controllers
    Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
    FALLOUT 4!!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/10/20/black-friday-leak-xbox-one-with-two-controllers-fallout-4-and-gears-of-war-for-299-99/
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:24 am

manlybeaver wrote:If your looking at getting bundles i would order the online black friday deals from america. Some deals are crazy cheap.

$299.99

Xbone 500GB
    2 Controllers
    Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
    FALLOUT 4!!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/10/20/black-friday-leak-xbox-one-with-two-controllers-fallout-4-and-gears-of-war-for-299-99/

Christ thats good!

Should of waiting really because the missis is off to Boston before xmas!

Nevermind got it now!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Welshy87 wrote:been happily playing my 360 for a few too many years to get an upgrade to the xbox one....

but with xmas coming up and my boy playing the 360 more and more and eating into my escape the missis time, I decided to take the plunge and purchase an xbox one last night

decent deal as well by the looks £299 for 500GB console, Fifa 16 and COD Black Ops 3 equates to about $644 worth of your Australian Dollars

how does that compare to you guys over there?

Yeah, was quite happy playing the 360 for as long as possible, until they revealed Fallout4 would only be on new gen consoles. That and I found a much better download deal from Vodafone over Telstra. I'm semi-rural so limited to what internet provider I can use. Halo5 was a 9 gig update straight out of the box.

I got the 1TB with Fifa16/Master Chief/Titanfall for $520; that was before the price drop too. Can't believe how much more your consoles are over there.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm going to sell my xbox and get the new SSD 1TB one, comes with an elite controller. The bundle is $600 but I can sell mine for $300 odd I reckon. The elite controller itself is $200 so not a bad deal.
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:34 pm

SI wrote:

Probably comes down to what console specific games he is interested in.  There used to be heaps of 1 console only games, but nowadays the majority of top games are on all.  I have an xboxone but PS4 does seem to be the better console all around, including the console exclusive games.  

I know who you work for but you have decent monthly downloads don't you?

Who does he work for?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Anyone got Fallout 4 yet?  Fucking psyched, a couple of hours to go till I can pick it up  Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:40 pm

Fallout 4. Sounds like my relationship with an ex girlfriend.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 pm

SI wrote:Anyone got Fallout 4 yet?  Fucking psyched, a couple of hours to go till I can pick it up  Very Happy

Just got home with it. Line was out the door the entire time I was there (30 minutes) Bloke I spoke to said he was there until 4am for the midnight release.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:21 pm

RandomSil wrote:
    SI wrote:Anyone got Fallout 4 yet?  Fucking psyched, a couple of hours to go till I can pick it up  Very Happy

Just got home with it. Line was out the door the entire time I was there (30 minutes) Bloke I spoke to said he was there until 4am for the midnight release.

just launching now Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm

SI wrote:

just launching now Very Happy

never get all that waiting, i literally ordered my console with COD black ops 3 a day before the release and it was waiting for me when i got home from work lol
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:06 am

4 hours sleep  bounce

So Fallout 4 is going to be huge.  The map looks small but apparently it's as big as SkyRim.  Very glitchy in some parts but that doesn't worry me too much.  Loving it, well worth the wait and have spent all morning wondering if I got my build right.

I did name my character assface after going on line and seeing what the Mr Handy's would say.  So COdsworth now refers to me in voice as Mr Assface  Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm

SI wrote:4 hours sleep  bounce

So Fallout 4 is going to be huge.  The map looks small but apparently it's as big as SkyRim.  Very glitchy in some parts but that doesn't worry me too much.  Loving it, well worth the wait and have spent all morning wondering if I got my build right.

I did name my character assface after going on line and seeing what the Mr Handy's would say.  So COdsworth now refers to me in voice as Mr Assface  Very Happy

I love how everything you pick up, no matter how much of a piece of crap it is, can be used for something.... on the other hand i hate how everything you pick up, no matter how much of a piece of crap it is, can be used for something Laughing My first instinct in games like this is already to go around the map taking everything thats not nailed down, ("hmm, whats this? a broom that will take up too much space in my inventory and will sell for less than fuck-all? i might need that money, i'll take it with me") I like when games try to force me into the habit of only taking what I need, there isn't enough time in my day for them to encourage me to embrace being a super-klepto.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 pm

surmo13 wrote:
    SI wrote:4 hours sleep  bounce

I love how everything you pick up, no matter how much of a piece of crap it is, can be used for something.... on the other hand i hate how everything you pick up, no matter how much of a piece of crap it is, can be used for something Laughing My first instinct in games like this is already to go around the map taking everything thats not nailed down, ("hmm, whats this? a broom that will take up too much space in my inventory and will sell for less than fuck-all? i might need that money, i'll take it with me") I like when games try to force me into the habit of only taking what I need, there isn't enough time in my day for them to encourage me to embrace being a super-klepto.

I've actually always been like that as well, till this game for some reason.  But I have also made the decision not to build anything yet, and for a while.  But yeah, I normally hoarde everything for coin as well, I think I'm too bus stressing that I fucked my SPECIAL build up to be honest.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm

SI wrote:

I've actually always been like that as well, till this game for some reason.  But I have also made the decision not to build anything yet, and for a while.  But yeah, I normally hoarde everything for coin as well, I think I'm too bus stressing that I fucked my SPECIAL build up to be honest.

I am sure I fucked my own up, what build did you go for.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:34 pm

RandomSil wrote:
    SI wrote:

I tried a Level Up fast build with 9 Intelligence. Secondary for speech with 6 Charisma as I plan to thoroughly divulge the stories and side quests; also 5 in Perception for ranged weapons (I'm not a melee type gamer). I think that left me with a 2 in everything else Embarassed . Although if I am levelling up quicker than I can build them up quicker in turn.

What about you?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:03 pm

best youngsters to get in career mode fifa 16 lads?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:48 pm

SI wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:
    SI wrote:

I tried a Level Up fast build with 9 Intelligence.  Secondary for speech with 6 Charisma as I plan to thoroughly divulge the stories and side quests; also 5 in Perception for ranged weapons (I'm not a melee type gamer).  I think that left me with a 2 in everything else  Embarassed .  Although if I am levelling up quicker than I can build them up quicker in turn.

What about you?

I started 7 Charisma, 5 Perception, 4 Luck and the rest have 3. So far have levelled up Char to 9..
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Welshy87 wrote:best youngsters to get in career mode fifa 16 lads?

tielemans
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

tielemans

Got him last night lad, just stated my Newcastle career

Tielemans, Ceballos, Reidewalde and Sule

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm