NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    The Gaming Thread

    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:25 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Admirable outlook mate, WD. Love it.

    Thanks Rev.

    Has anybody played Battleborn? I've being downloading the Beta for around 6 hours now, 3 hours to go. I think it closes tonight, so I'm not actually sure I'll be able to play it at all Sad
    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:28 am

    Watch Dogs 2 look pretty sweet. Much more "Real Life"
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 pm

    I picked up Watch Dogs for $19 and loved it, I didn't buy into the hype at the time but absolutely loved it hey. Being able to pull up bollards by remote while you're driving was so much fun when trying to get away from cops.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 pm

    I didn't bother with it at the time as the hype was massive and apparently it failed to deliver. I might have a crack one day.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8984
    Reputation : 2504
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by RandomSil Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 am

    I recently played Watchdogs. Its definitely a solid game with some really cool features. I think due to hype people were over critical. Keen on playing the second one though and wil get it sooner.

    Also Mafia 3 hype anyone?

    Oh and Overwatch > Battleborn
    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:44 pm

    We should have a NRL FF gaming night. Not every week, but somebody should set up a date and we can play together. PS4 only though, none of those XB1 noobs!!

    @Random:

    I haven't played any of the previous Mafia games, any good? Guess they must be if you are planning on getting #3.

    I didn't like Battleborn either, Overwatch just looks a bit too childish for me (I haven't played it yet personally), but in saying that I've always wanted to play PvZ: GW

    E3 coming up!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8984
    Reputation : 2504
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by RandomSil Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm

    @Finch

    I would love a FF game night sometime on PS4. I only played the second Mafia game but if you enjoyed L.A Noir, GTA, Watchdogs, Sleeping Dogs (Which is also awesome.) Or that style of game you will love it. The setting is perfect, the soundtrack amazing, you should definitely check out Mafia 2 if you will love it. The storyline is great.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:30 pm

    @Finch wrote:We should have a NRL FF gaming night. Not every week, but somebody should set up a date and we can play together. PS4 only though, none of those XB1 noobs!!

    @Random:

    I haven't played any of the previous Mafia games, any good? Guess they must be if you are planning on getting #3.

    I didn't like Battleborn either, Overwatch just looks a bit too childish for me (I haven't played it yet personally), but in saying that I've always wanted to play PvZ: GW

    E3 coming up!

    Can the shit PSN network handle that? Xbone FTW!
    ryno_
    ryno_

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018
    Posts : 2255
    Reputation : 489
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 32

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:16 am

    Random wrote:I recently played Watchdogs. Its definitely a solid game with some really cool features. I think due to hype people were over critical. Keen on playing the second one though and wil get it sooner.

    Also Mafia 3 hype anyone?

    Oh and Overwatch > Battleborn


    See the trailer for Watch_Dogs2? Looks good! Set in San Fran, the city looks beautiful and you play as a dude who uses a pool ball on a rope as a weapon. Yes please.
    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:29 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    See the trailer for Watch_Dogs2? Looks good! Set in San Fran, the city looks beautiful and you play as a dude who uses a pool ball on a rope as a weapon. Yes please.

    I like how you put the underscore in between the Watch + Dogs. Probably the first person I have ever seen do that lol.
    Spectre
    Spectre

    Posts : 3005
    Reputation : 419
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Spectre Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:45 pm

    First time I've noticed this thread. I'm a huge ps4 gamer!

    FIFA is my number one game always and forever lol
    I think the best game I have probably ever played was metal gear solid 5. Absolutely loved it.
    Uncharted was an amazing series
    I got bored the other day so I downloaded Arkham knight for like $30 on the ps store. It's a surprisingly solid game
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by standard-issue Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:30 pm

    Mass Effect:Andromeda clips look awesome Very Happy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8984
    Reputation : 2504
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by RandomSil Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:31 pm

    Looking through some of the Watch_Dogs 2 (Stealing that.) stuff they have released, I would love to see them go hard on the co-op stuff. That sounds awesome to do and try and set up with a friend.

    I never got into the Uncharted or Mass Effect series which seems like a shame.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Revraiser Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 pm

    If you get into Mass Effect you will be reported as missing by your loved ones.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by standard-issue Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:36 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:If you get into Mass Effect you will be reported as missing by your loved ones.

    Elder Scrolls and Fallout pip Mass Effect for ruining more of my relationships; along with NRL Fantasy...
    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:20 am

    jstands wrote:First time I've noticed this thread. I'm a huge ps4 gamer!

    FIFA is my number one game always and forever lol
    I think the best game I have probably ever played was metal gear solid 5. Absolutely loved it.
    Uncharted was an amazing series
    I got bored the other day so I downloaded Arkham knight for like $30 on the ps store. It's a surprisingly solid game

    Batman FTW. All the games are great. Well the main 3 Arkham anyway.
    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:20 am

    Random wrote:Looking through some of the Watch_Dogs 2 (Stealing that.) stuff they have released, I would love to see them go hard on the co-op stuff. That sounds awesome to do and try and set up with a friend.

    I never got into the Uncharted or Mass Effect series which seems like a shame.

    Me either but I am looking out for a bargain to buy the Nathan Drake Collection to play the first 3 before UC4.
    Finch
    Finch

    Posts : 4995
    Reputation : 998
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:17 am

    Theres too many games being shown off with E3. I could spend the entire day watching them all and I would probably only be done then, just.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

    Posts : 572
    Reputation : 125
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Mr Fernando Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:43 pm

    The Uncharted series is awesome. Uncharted 2 is the best game I've ever played.
    ryno_
    ryno_

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018
    Posts : 2255
    Reputation : 489
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 32

    The Gaming Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by ryno_ Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:57 pm

    @Finch wrote:

    I like how you put the underscore in between the Watch + Dogs. Probably the first person I have ever seen do that lol.

    Haha. Force of habit from a past life of coding. Underscores used to be useful, so if I see a space to jam one in, it goes in naturally. Plus its a good shortcut for italics in microsoft office so I still use it _occasionally_

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:11 pm