NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

How many points will parra lose

Poll

How many points will nrl deduct from parra ?

[ 0 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_left0%How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_left25%How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_left25%How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_left13%How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_left13%How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_left24%How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Empty Re: How many points will parra lose

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 13, 2016 12:36 am

Ice wrote:How wonderfully convenient for the NRL owned Titans that they were the only ones able to pick up the next NSW Hooker in this sorry mess.

Pfffft, settle down Lebbo, if the NRL really wanted to help the Titans out they would have sourced them a QLD hooker!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

How many points will parra lose  - Page 12 Empty Re: How many points will parra lose

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 1:13 am

Pieman wrote:
    Ice wrote:How wonderfully convenient for the NRL owned Titans that they were the only ones able to pick up the next NSW Hooker in this sorry mess.

Considering that the NRL owns the Knights at the moment too, Newcastle need a hooker more than the titans do - and newcastle/hunter is a much more important area to the NRL than the GC, I would say that ownership had nothing to do with it

Really feel sorry for the genuine NRL supporters up there.  After 3 or 4 re-incarnations they are pretty much dead in the water forever when the Titans inevitably fold.  

I went to CBUS back in Round 3, there were literally more Tigers supporters than Titans supporters.  So out of a crowd of 10000, less than 5000 Gold Coast locals of a population of half a fucking million odd bothered to turn up on a perfect Saturday night.

The saddest moment of the night though, aside from the Tigers losing...was when we hailed a cab to go to the ground.  I figured "we are off to the game" whilst all kitted out in Tigers gear would be ample evidence as to our destination.  The cab driver said "Metricon?".  I said "No, Titans/Tigers are playing."  He said, "Ahhhh, Robina, I've never been there but I know where it is".  

Bearing in mind the AFL season hadn't even started yet.

Thing is they don't even have a shit stadium to whinge about; CBUS facilities were excellent and the field looked awesome.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 am

SI wrote:

Really feel sorry for the genuine NRL supporters up there.  After 3 or 4 re-incarnations they are pretty much dead in the water forever when the Titans inevitably fold.  

I went to CBUS back in Round 3, there were literally more Tigers supporters than Titans supporters.  So out of a crowd of 10000, less than 5000 Gold Coast locals of a population of half a fucking million odd bothered to turn up on a perfect Saturday night.

The saddest moment of the night though, aside from the Tigers losing...was when we hailed a cab to go to the ground.  I figured "we are off to the game" whilst all kitted out in Tigers gear would be ample evidence as to our destination.  The cab driver said "Metricon?".  I said "No, Titans/Tigers are playing."  He said, "Ahhhh, Robina, I've never been there but I know where it is".  

Thing is they don't even have a shit stadium to whinge about; CBUS facilities were excellent and the field looked awesome.

I don't think they will fold mate.

As you said, population of half a fucking million odd and growing rapidly from both a residential and business aspect.

NRL doesn't give two shits if 5 people turn up as long as a fair chunk of that population watch from the comfort of their lounge rooms.

I will say though that (along with the AFL being a better sport to watch live), the Titans marketing to corporate's is woeful compared to the Suns.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 2:31 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    SI wrote:

I don't think they will fold mate.

As you said, population of half a fucking million odd and growing rapidly from both a residential and business aspect.

NRL doesn't give two shits if 5 people turn up as long as a fair chunk of that population watch from the comfort of their lounge rooms.

I will say though that (along with the AFL being a better sport to watch live), the Titans marketing to corporate's is woeful compared to the Suns.

Thing is though OSM is that the rapidly developing population is inversely proportional to the Titans crowds.  They have gone from something like a 22000 average 6 or 7 years ago to less than half that now.

The AFL vowed to pump as much money as is required 5 years ago into GC and GWS, regardless of the losses; because they could sustain the loss.  The NRL can't compete with that because they don't have the financial buffer to begin with, as opposed to the AFL by virtue of Memberships and ground takings.  Surely there comes a time again, sadly, where the League tells the Gold Coast NRL franchise that they can't keep bleeding cash.  

That says to me that the Broadcast rights are worth even more than the division between us and the AFL as it stands now.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 am

SI wrote:

Thing is though OSM is that the rapidly developing population is inversely proportional to the Titans crowds.  They have gone from something like a 22000 average 6 or 7 years ago to less than half that now.

The AFL vowed to pump as much money as is required 5 years ago into GC and GWS, regardless of the losses; because they could sustain the loss.  The NRL can't compete with that because they don't have the financial buffer to begin with, as opposed to the AFL by virtue of Memberships and ground takings.  Surely there comes a time again, sadly, where the League tells the Gold Coast NRL franchise that they can't keep bleeding cash.  

That says to me that the Broadcast rights are worth even more than the division between us and the AFL as it stands now.

My understanding is that the Titans recent bleeding of cash came more from the failure's of their property arm.
    I suspect the NRL stepping in will see more of a conservative approach.

I wouldn't be concerned if I was a Titans fan - it would make no sense for the NRL to remove a team from an area that they should be (and are) trying to grow.
    Hence why they have stepped in when they could have just let them collapse.

If anything the NRL would be more likely to include a team in SEQ rather than remove one, especially given the non-financial investment into the Titans brand which would be lost.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri May 13, 2016 11:09 am

THERE ONCE WAS A TEAM NAMED PARRA
    WHO THOUGHT RORTING THE CAP WOULDN'T MATTER
    THEY GOT BUSTED AS CHEATS
    HAD TO GET RID OF PEATS
    AND NOW THEY ARE LAST ON THE LADDER

*reproduced, not own work
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 13, 2016 11:13 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Pfffft, settle down Lebbo, if the NRL really wanted to help the Titans out they would have sourced them a QLD hooker!

Qld Hookers??? Please, they are all as ugly as fuck, still, get plenty of work cause lord knows no self respecting girl would fuck a Qld bloke for free.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri May 13, 2016 5:23 pm

After living on the gold coast for the best part of 6 months (not that I actually paid for any hookers there) I can vouch and say that there are a fucking shit load of plastic fake titted fake lipped ugly as shit girls getting around.

I dont understand why girls think that getting their lips pumped up so big it looks like they got head highed by joel thompson, looks good.

There are some stunners up there too dont get me wrong, and went to a few parties that featured some titty waitresses who were mint as fuck, but far out its an odd place.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun May 15, 2016 9:44 am

also, how did Paulo not get suspended for his rugby antics??????
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Pieman wrote:also, how did Paulo not get suspended for his rugby antics??????

I believe he has been suspended. He now can't play for the Oatley 3rds for the next 3 matches...
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon May 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Parra can't play for points if they are over the cap. Why wouldn't they just sign Hayne for this year
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon May 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Your Name wrote:Parra can't play for points if they are over the cap. Why wouldn't they just sign Hayne for this year

Fair point. Write this season off, front load the fuck out of everyones contracts.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 16, 2016 2:50 pm

I assume since the NRL know they're out of cap space the NRL won't register the contracts.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon May 16, 2016 2:54 pm

parra were under investigation when they registered jennings contract so who knows
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm

Posts on sites saying Monday is D day for points. Can anyone confirm ?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm