NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

NFL 2017 - Page 27 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:21 pm

If the Ravens aren't the most frustrating team to support in the off-season then they are real fucking close, year after year of watching other teams go out and get playmakers in positions of need, and the Ravens sit around pointing at the cap going 'nope, can't do that' while waiting for other teams to cut guys that used to be good so they can give them whats left...
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 am

landing sherman is weird, i've disliked him for so long lol

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:25 am

leaguegod wrote:landing sherman is weird, i've disliked him for so long lol

Pretty tough looking contract from his point of view, dude has cost himself a bomb not having a manager.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Love Sherman and if he gets fully recovered from that Achilles, great signing for an emerging 49ers, but we just resigned Casey Hayward for less.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 am

Welshy wrote:Love Sherman and if he gets fully recovered from that Achilles, great signing for an emerging 49ers, but we just resigned Casey Hayward for less.

sherman's deal is full of incentives, not all are easy to reach, only 3mill is fully guaranteed

hayward obviously a great re-signing for you after being a steal FA signing not long ago

but pretty stoked to take barely any financial risk on a guy who can do what sherman does when healthy

Aussie DT gotsis just got arrested for rape (from 2013 while @ GT )
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:04 am

Welshy wrote:Love Sherman and if he gets fully recovered from that Achilles, great signing for an emerging 49ers, but we just resigned Casey Hayward for less.

Youll be hard pressed to find a more team friendly contract then Shermans - he acted as his own agent and got fleeced.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:55 pm

surmo13 wrote:If the Ravens aren't the most frustrating team to support in the off-season then they are real fucking close, year after year of watching other teams go out and get playmakers in positions of need, and the Ravens sit around pointing at the cap going 'nope, can't do that' while waiting for other teams to cut guys that used to be good so they can give them whats left...

or apparently, give guys that have never been good what's left, 7.5 million per year for a Redskins receiver that even their fans are saying 'wait, who fuck is that?"?? good lord...
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:56 pm

surmo13 wrote:

or apparently, give guys that have never been good what's left, 7.5 million per year for a Redskins receiver that even their fans are saying 'wait, who fuck is that?"?? good lord...

You got the CFL MVP aswell!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Wowsers did not see the guaranteed money in that Sherman contract! Trust in yourself is one thing but sometimes injuries can’t be help and a torn Achilles is tough to recover from! Hayward deal is well under market value as well! Kid is a lockdown corner
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:48 am

Welshy wrote:Wowsers did not see the guaranteed money in that Sherman contract! Trust in yourself is one thing but sometimes injuries can’t be help and a torn Achilles is tough to recover from! Hayward deal is well under market value as well! Kid is a lockdown corner

Pretty crazy last week with all the trades and FA signings. Seems more nuts than usual.

Browns suddenly look really good - or they did until Thomas retired. First ballot HoF in 5 years, lock it in.

Chiefs are... interesting. Went from losing to TEN in the playoffs to trading their best 2 players away. AFCW will be a LAC/DEN shootout this year.

LAR are looking almost unbeatable tbh. Top 5 D, Top 5 O. Theyll go 14-2 this season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 am

ryno_ wrote:

Pretty crazy last week with all the trades and FA signings. Seems more nuts than usual.

Browns suddenly look really good - or they did until Thomas retired. First ballot HoF in 5 years, lock it in.

Chiefs are... interesting. Went from losing to TEN in the playoffs to trading their best 2 players away. AFCW will be a LAC/DEN shootout this year.

LAR are looking almost unbeatable tbh. Top 5 D, Top 5 O. Theyll go 14-2 this season.
    Reckon Goff has a slight reduction in performance when they figure out his and McVays combo, And how do they replace Quinn? But agree they look outstanding on paper, what a turnaround!

I wouldn’t mind Boston getting snapped up for overs so we can potentially make a run at Mathieu, some talk that a few teams are interested in Verrett for a 2nd and late round pick, when healthy he i unbelievable but I’ll take that sort of deal for him now

Are you happy with keenum mate?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 am

Welshy wrote:
    Reckon Goff has a slight reduction in performance when they figure out his and McVays combo, And how do they replace Quinn? But agree they look outstanding on paper, what a turnaround!

I wouldn’t mind Boston getting snapped up for overs so we can potentially make a run at Mathieu, some talk that a few teams are interested in Verrett for a 2nd and late round pick, when healthy he i unbelievable but I’ll take that sort of deal for him now

Are you happy with keenum mate?

McVay will be a step ahead. They have lost Watkins (for a bomb of money) so they cant roll the same offence out again - itll change up. They'll be fine without Quinn - with Peters, Talib, Shields and Webster at CB, their pass rush will have more then enough time to get to the QB. Plus Wade Phillips is the best DC in the game, he'll be fine.

Id love for denver to get honey badger. Loved him in college. Real play maker - cant teach his instincts. Would make up for losing Talib.

When they first announced/leaked it I wasnt keen on it but the more I look at the deal, the more I like it. $18m for a good QB isnt over paying, only committed to 2 years. I wanted Cousins, but for $86m/3 years, fully guarunteed, ill pass. We got Case for only $2m more than Chiefs are paying Watkins, so im happy.

This going to be the year LAC get their Rivers succession plan in place?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:53 pm

lol what change a weekend makes, staring down one of the worst "WR overhauls" in NFL history, Ryan Grant fails his physical, Crabtree falls into our laps and all of a sudden things are looking a little brighter Very Happy
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Nothing suss in the physical failure? That bloke (although nobody knew about him) hadn’t missed a game to injury yet. Suddenly he fails a physical at a new team? Seems legit.

I like the story that Arizona reaches out to Crabtree but he ran scared from having to play Talib and Sherman twice a season each.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 pm

ryno_ wrote:Nothing suss in the physical failure? That bloke (although nobody knew about him) hadn’t missed a game to injury yet. Suddenly he fails a physical at a new team? Seems legit.

I like the story that Arizona reaches out to Crabtree but he ran scared from having to play Talib and Sherman twice a season each.

the timing of everything makes it look sketchy, but there's an article (full disclosure, it's from the Ravens website), which does a bit of a breakdown of the situation:

Conspiracy theorists assert the Ravens may have voided Grant’s contract because they had buyer’s remorse when receiver Michael Crabtree became available (more on that below). The timing is the foundation of such a theory, but it makes an assumption and ignores a couple facts.

The assumption is the Ravens regretted the deal they offered Grant just two days prior. Baltimore was widely questioned by fans and media because they believed Grant was being overpaid based on his low production, but that doesn’t mean the Ravens thought the Ravens were overpaying. There was no indication Baltimore regretted the deal, which brings us to facts being ignored.

First, according to WNST’s Luke Jones, the media were put on alert about a potential press conference introducing Grant and Brown Thursday afternoon, after Crabtree was released, indicating they thought the deal would go through.

Second, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens were already trying to add a third receiver, ON TOP OF Grant and Brown, before Crabtree was released (a move that had been rumored from the time the season ended). They were pursuing Jordy Nelson, who was cut by the Green Bay Packers Tuesday afternoon. Reports of the Ravens signing Grant came out Tuesday evening. They knew Nelson was available before agreeing with Grant, and they still continued pursuing him after.

All signs indicated the Ravens expected to sign Brown, Grant AND another receiver. Not either/or.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 am

surmo13 wrote:

the timing of everything makes it look sketchy, but there's an article (full disclosure, it's from the Ravens website), which does a bit of a breakdown of the situation:

That doesnt make it less sketchy tbh - front offices are having conversations well before the media hear about them or press conferences are implied.

A guy whose played 64 games in 4 years fails a physical and it's not designated a non-football related injury? It seems very dodgy. Not against any rules... but very suss.

Ravens do look a lot better with Crabtree though. Do you still have a revolving door of RBs? Probably a second receiver and a 3 down back away from contending for the division.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm

ryno_ wrote:

That doesnt make it less sketchy tbh - front offices are having conversations well before the media hear about them or press conferences are implied.

A guy whose played 64 games in 4 years fails a physical and it's not designated a non-football related injury? It seems very dodgy. Not against any rules... but very suss.

Ravens do look a lot better with Crabtree though. Do you still have a revolving door of RBs? Probably a second receiver and a 3 down back away from contending for the division.

from all reports the issue is an ankle injury aggravated in the Redskins season finale last year, for the amount of guaranteed money put into the contract, i wouldn't be too thrilled about him coming in nursing an injury two months after it happened either...

it's important to note a few things that have not been said by the Ryan Grant camp:

a) getting failed on a physical while healthy would be the easiest grievance to file with the NFLPA in history, and it has not been filed.
    b) when asked about the situation, his manager stated "If there was a game tomorrow, he could play" which is a 'read-between-the-lines" statement if i've ever heard it.

as for your second question, it's pretty much Collins' spot to lose after the way he ran last reason, released Woodhead who promptly retired but we'll get Dixon back, he and Allen should mean we're ok for pass catching backs.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Jets traded up. Who will they get for it.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Revraiser wrote:Jets traded up. Who will they get for it.

A QB for sure - Im hoping they take Allen, I rate him the least of the top prospects. Cousins turned down more money with them to go to Vikes, so they need a week 1 starter.

Im really loving the spot Denver are in at #5. With CLE and NYJ infront, all but guaranteed to be 2 QBs in the 4 picks in front and it looks like the Bills are manouvering themselves to trade up with NY and make it 3/4.  So take Rosen, Allen and Darnold out.

So Denver will get second pick out of Saquon, a generational athlete and rusher, Nelson, a generational guard, Fitzpatrick whose a better DB then any available in FA already and Chubb whose the best Edge rusher since Bosa. Cant pick wrong.

Of course, we'll pick Baker Mayfield for some stupid reason but hey. Its exciting now.

Last edited by ryno_ on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:43 pm

surmo13 wrote:

from all reports the issue is an ankle injury aggravated in the Redskins season finale last year, for the amount of guaranteed money put into the contract, i wouldn't be too thrilled about him coming in nursing an injury two months after it happened either...

it's important to note a few things that have not been said by the Ryan Grant camp:

a) getting failed on a physical while healthy would be the easiest grievance to file with the NFLPA in history, and it has not been filed.
    b) when asked about the situation, his manager stated "If there was a game tomorrow, he could play" which is a 'read-between-the-lines" statement if i've ever heard it.

as for your second question, it's pretty much Collins' spot to lose after the way he ran last reason, released Woodhead who promptly retired but we'll get Dixon back, he and Allen should mean we're ok for pass catching backs.

Is Collins a long term solution? I didnt watch the games _that_ closely, but the ones I did watch, he seemed to be very up and down. Like he'd get 80 yards in 4 plays and then crumbs for the next 6 quarters.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm