NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    awanamafia
    awanamafia

    Posts : 264
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2016-06-17

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by awanamafia Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:31 pm

    Finch wrote:


    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Soap_110

    Ya I lost to Cows on Parade in Grand Final

    In a related question why are the H2H finals so random as to when they start / finish. I understand the different league sizes means different lengths but why don't they all finish this week?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5323
    Reputation : 2484
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by mrbrownstone Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:34 pm

    If Ponga, Grant and Hynes are all out as well as Penis on his bye, I can field 16.

    If there's any further carnage (MoFo still out, SJ/Cleary rested etc.) then I have DRussell spare, then it'll decrease from there. No trades left so whatever happens happens.

    Graham
    Haas Murray Tohu
    DiFi iPap
    Cleary DCE
    Pompey Lem
    Suaalii Marzhew x

    Robson Bateman SJ MoFo

    D Russell Ponga Grant Hynes
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Mulvy Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:38 pm

    No Worries wrote:

    Imagine winning League 1 and dropping down to League 2 the following year
    :troll:

    Finger

    I'll have you know I only need to gain about 200 this week to make L1 again. Simples.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Mulvy Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:42 pm

    Aardvark wrote:


    Won

    Apologies. I did at least spot it and edited it before I read this. Very Happy

    I must have been distracted, I typed it as I was getting in the shower. Another fanatics shower related faux pas...
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7206
    Reputation : 7421
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Aardvark Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:44 pm

    awanamafia wrote:

    Ya I lost to Cows on Parade in Grand Final

    In a related question why are the H2H finals so random as to when they start / finish. I understand the different league sizes means different lengths but why don't they all finish this week?

    Most H2H finals are set up to finish the second last round so you can avoid the inevitable restings etc.

    it's also a possibility that I haven't been paying attention in the past and fanhub just defaulted to a Round 26 finish because that is what it's usually been

    Pretty sure it's the former though. If you set up a H2H league you can choose certain parameters (e.g. byes or no byes, when you start and finish etc etc)
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7206
    Reputation : 7421
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Aardvark Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:45 pm

    Mulvy wrote:

    Apologies.  I did at least spot it and edited it before I read this.  Very Happy

    I must have been distracted,  I typed it as I was getting in the shower.  Another fanatics shower related faux pas...

    TBF I only noticed when @noworries quoted it and I know how much you enjoy a typo so it seemed churlish to let it slide Very Happy
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

    Posts : 264
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2016-06-17

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by awanamafia Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:47 pm

    I think I need to make up about 180 points to make league 1.

    Will be trading in Cook, Tino and Gagai to field 17 and hopefully make up some ranks.
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

    Posts : 264
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2016-06-17

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by awanamafia Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:49 pm

    Aardvark wrote:

    Most H2H finals are set up to finish the second last round so you can avoid the inevitable restings etc.

    it's also a possibility that I haven't been paying attention in the past and fanhub just defaulted to a Round 26 finish because that is what it's usually been

    Pretty sure it's the former though. If you set up a H2H league you can choose certain parameters (e.g. byes or no byes, when you start and finish etc etc)

    Ah yep makes sense. Different league managers have set then up differently in my case by the sounds
    Chucky
    Chucky

    Posts : 3146
    Reputation : 3333
    Join date : 2015-10-01
    Age : 55
    Location : Port Stephens

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Chucky Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:02 pm

    I’ve been away all weekend and missed most of the action.
    My last 4 trade ins were Garrick and MoFo (last week) and Ponga and IPap (this week).
    Can anyone tell me what injury or how many weeks suspension iPap is facing. Cheers.

    Fuck fantasy.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12537
    Reputation : 9038
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:05 pm

    NRL physio podcast, obviously he’s guessing but more informed than all of us 

    - Hughes and Grant almost no chance
    - worries about Carrigan - no info, situational (was named coming off bye then withdraw), foot injuries can be difficult timeframes (see: Tago)
    - Garrick very unlikely - has been done but typically 3-5 week recovery range 
    - Manu very unlikely but they might push it due to the stakes. Huge reinjury risk tho
    - Luai he thinks maybe W2 finals, high injury re-risk
    - Thought Ponga no chance (since confirmed)
    - Kiraz is done, if reports are correct. very unusual RL injury 
    - thinks Hynes probably plays (maybe no GK)

    Obviously Harris came after but if there’s anyone else I missed give me a shout and I’ll post a summary of what was said
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12537
    Reputation : 9038
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:06 pm

    awanamafia wrote:I think I need to make up about 180 points to make league 1.

    Will be trading in Cook, Tino and Gagai to field 17 and hopefully make up some ranks.

    Don’t think you’re going to have to be too hopeful. Maybe not 180pts but definitely will climb with a decent 17

    I peaked at R22, which we all know is the optimal length of competition anyway
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

    Posts : 5867
    Reputation : 3221
    Join date : 2020-03-12

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Shady2K Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:09 pm

    robelgordo wrote:NRL physio podcast, obviously he’s guessing but more informed than all of us 

    - Hughes and Grant almost no chance
    - worries about Carrigan - no info, situational (was named coming off bye then withdraw), foot injuries can be difficult timeframes (see: Tago)
    - Garrick very unlikely - has been done but typically 3-5 week recovery range 
    - Manu very unlikely but they might push it due to the stakes. Huge reinjury risk tho
    - Luai he thinks maybe W2 finals, high injury re-risk
    - Thought Ponga no chance (since confirmed)
    - Kiraz is done, if reports are correct. very unusual RL injury 
    - thinks Hynes probably plays (maybe no GK)

    Obviously Harris came after but if there’s anyone else I missed give me a shout and I’ll post a summary of what was said

    Like every Tigers fan says… there’s always next year
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7206
    Reputation : 7421
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Aardvark Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:10 pm

    My back five two weeks ago

    Manu, Garrick
    Ted, Latrell, Ponga

    Laughing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25152
    Reputation : 17581
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:14 pm

    awanamafia wrote:I think I need to make up about 180 points to make league 1.

    Will be trading in Cook, Tino and Gagai to field 17 and hopefully make up some ranks.

    If you have 3 trades available, making up 180 points looks quite possible
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25152
    Reputation : 17581
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:19 pm


    I'm currently 17th in the FOG, 1 league position away from L1, but 69 points short of 16th

    No trades means I'll just be happy holding whatever position I can

    Interestingly my last trade in was Euan Aitken who has scored 66 and 54 his 2 weeks in my team, but is actually a disappointment, because the alternative was Suaalii and his 66+ 75 points.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5323
    Reputation : 2484
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by mrbrownstone Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:19 pm

    Chucky wrote:I’ve been away all weekend and missed most of the action.
    My last 4 trade ins were Garrick and MoFo (last week) and Ponga and IPap (this week).
    Can anyone tell me what injury or how many weeks suspension iPap is facing. Cheers.

    Fuck fantasy.

    Wait what's happened to iPap? I've completely missed that.
    precursor
    precursor

    Posts : 903
    Reputation : 725
    Join date : 2020-08-09

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by precursor Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:27 pm

    Mulvy wrote:

    Yeah he was on fire,  he's so fast.  Played FB so plenty of kick returns,  and made a couple of big breaks.


    Possibly a big call as he's only had a few games there but he should be FB over Garrick IMO. Garrick supposedly prefers CTR over all other positions anyway
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

    Posts : 1140
    Reputation : 1183
    Join date : 2021-07-15

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by lukeayee Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:35 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:

    Wait what's happened to iPap? I've completely missed that.

    Booked in for a haircut at the same time as the game is on.

    They don't offer refunds for cancellations, so has opted for the Matterson approach.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10431
    Reputation : 7144
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by No Worries Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:35 pm

    awanamafia wrote:

    Ah yep makes sense. Different league managers have set then up differently in my case by the sounds

    What Aardvark said. We use a template at the start of the year so all NRLFF lagues / elimiators etc. are the same to avoid the last round restings.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10431
    Reputation : 7144
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

    Post by No Worries Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:38 pm

    lukeayee wrote:
    mrbrownstone wrote:

    Wait what's happened to iPap? I've completely missed that.

    Booked in for a haircut at the same time as the game is on.

    They don't offer refunds for cancellations, so has opted for the Matterson approach.
    Only time the barber at the Tigers centre of excellence was free / free

      Current date/time is Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:31 pm