NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy!

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy!

Post by Revraiser Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm

Week 13 has the shitposting way down the priority list.

Don't think I dont see that !
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy!

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm

robelgordo wrote:Captain this week seems really open, maybe the most open since 2019-ish?

My quick take:
    1. de Belin - de best option. Naturally I do not own him. Maybe I should find a way
    2. Hopgood - de Belin but with more variance. Have him VC at the moment.
    3. Cook - Revenge game after Origin snub, currently have the C on him and gambling on 85 incoming... will probably lose nerve
    4. Johnson - actually has the highest season average of anyone playing this week
    5. Harris - maybe 2nd highest floor but maybe also the lowest ceiling

Honourable mentions:
    Moses - 30 or 70?
    AFB - scoring is mental with tries as base but also nobody owns him
    Robson
    JMK
    Tapine - Horse to edge unlocks at larger minute role? Finally scores a try?
    Isaako

I tend to go with highest average so have it on SJ st the moment, but am certainly tempted by Cook and Hopgood. Don't own JDB.

Couldn't go Tohu with his knee concerns, though that's not stopping me bringing him in.

Good to have a bit of variance for a change.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm

Where has Aardvark Ratnick been ? FMD
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 24, 2023 3:48 pm

mattnz wrote:

VTW had a great defensive play at the weekend that might get Bennett thinking differently about him

https://twitter.com/i/status/1661205492021215233

I reckon he knows VTW is fast and can tackle.

Defensive concerns when inexperienced players jump up to NRL are always more about positioning, shape, lateral movement etc. There was at least one moment in his debut where he got completely stood up - not even a hand on the guy he should've been tackling.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed May 24, 2023 3:49 pm

Revraiser wrote:Week 13 has the shitposting way down the priority list.

Do you think you've been pulling your weight?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Revraiser wrote:Week 13 has the shitposting way down the priority list.

I know, I've been staying well out of it....got my 5,000th post coming up, I couldn't live with myself if it was fantasy relevant Very Happy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 24, 2023 4:05 pm

How long do we think Ponga even stays at FB. Another loss and they may go back to Ponga at 6 after giving Miller a wee break

Scoring there has been rather meh. 6 scores in the 30s and a couple boom games
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Wed May 24, 2023 4:10 pm

Holzman wrote:With all the talk about the byes as a Head to Head player most of it isnt relevant.

Head to Head players are you bringing anyone in this week because they are a good pick up long term?

I was looking at Brandon Smith to Garrick or Granville Smith to Tohu + TVW

but TVW on the bench so risky.

Also Granville should be better during the byes and make some cash?

As a H2H player, I’m trying to secure as many keepers/final 17 players whenever I can. This week it’s Tohu & Ponga (who may end up as my final 18th man).

I wouldn’t say Garrick is an ideal WFB for your final team.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed May 24, 2023 4:36 pm

Stylebender wrote:

As a H2H player, I’m trying to secure as many keepers/final 17 players whenever I can. This week it’s Tohu & Ponga (who may end up as my final 18th man).

I wouldn’t say Garrick is an ideal WFB for your final team.  

With things so dire at WFB as was thinking he might be a decent WFB3.

However I have Teddy who your right is probably better then Garrick so Edwards Teddy Latrell I imagine is the WFB line id want.

Im 20k short of Tohu so im thinking the plan is No trades unless there is a Granville downgrade worth it, to bring in Tohu.

I have Haas Horse Fotuaika already though and I want Yeo at some point so maybe even Tohu isnt worth it for me.

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 24, 2023 4:41 pm

Here’s my plan atm. Trades

Out: Miller, IKatoa, Matterson/Haas
    In: Cook, Harris, Hopgood

Gives me 11 players for r13 and this squad from r14 (assuming Matto out)

Cook
    JDB Horse Haas
    Fifita Loiero
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Lemuelu
    Teddy Drinky Bula

Harris Hopgood Boyd Manu
    Niko Host HEdwards Oloapu
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 24, 2023 4:43 pm

Miller to Hopgood... or Harris?

I could bring both in but it would come at the expensive of Twal, or even Young. Would rather hold both of them for now.

Aiming to bring in Bateman next week, maybe Nikora.

TU: Hopgood
    TD: Harris
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 24, 2023 4:47 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Do you think you've been pulling your weight?

Called out str8 away, got me !
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 24, 2023 4:48 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I know, I've been staying well out of it....got my 5,000th post coming up, I couldn't live with myself if it was fantasy relevant Very Happy

I wouldn't expect anything less from one of the best
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 24, 2023 4:48 pm

Might give Joe Ofa a crack this week. Last week without Matterson Paulo played 72 and Greig played 50. Surely Ofa gets Paulo minutes this week and then Greigs next week. Should be plenty to score plenty and increase his price?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 24, 2023 5:07 pm

robelgordo wrote:Captain this week seems really open, maybe the most open since 2019-ish?

My quick take:
    1. de Belin - de best option. Naturally I do not own him. Maybe I should find a way
    2. Hopgood - de Belin but with more variance. Have him VC at the moment.
    3. Cook - Revenge game after Origin snub, currently have the C on him and gambling on 85 incoming... will probably lose nerve
    4. Johnson - actually has the highest season average of anyone playing this week
    5. Harris - maybe 2nd highest floor but maybe also the lowest ceiling

Honourable mentions:
    Moses - 30 or 70?
    AFB - scoring is mental with tries as base but also nobody owns him
    Robson
    JMK
    Tapine - Horse to edge unlocks at larger minute role? Finally scores a try?
    Isaako

Yeah it's a tough one. I was originally thinking SJ. If the Warriors were ever going to put a bunch of points on this could be the week. But too many points he could get a rest. Metcalf could steal a few KMs, goalkicking (unlikely but you never know)? Thinking Hopgood should get 80 minutes and could banner if he gets a try. But currently leaning towards Cook. Might be a bit of a POD move, nearly always plays 80, might have a bit more play making to do without Murray and Mitchell, and might put in a bit of a fuck you Freddy performance.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 pm

I don't really see Metcalf being more likely to take KM off SJ than any other half he's played with this year.

But I do like the prospect of SJ having Metcalf running around him, feels like there's a TA in there.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Spent a fair bit of time overthinking things this morning. Toying with the idea of getting JDB/Lolo in given they play 13 and 14, or Ofa because he's cheap. Trade Crossland because he's superfluous this week? Trade Haas or another origin gun? Do I want a Turpin/Simpkin/Garlick trade in next week?

I've landed back where I started. BS9/Miller/Boyd out for Hopgood/Harris/Ponga. I can field 13 and loop Niko/Crossland. I've decided Crossland is a next week decision. Haas or other origin player is a next week decision also. I don't need to trade them this week, and the beauty of waiting is that I don't need to guess which one (if any) are rested. If Haas/Fifita/Cleary is rested next week, I can consider trading them to Ipap/Nikora, or perhaps I would hold and trade Crossland to Turpin/Simpkin/Garlick to get another rd14 number, particularly if Mann breaks Crossland (which we won't know until Sunday), but again it's a next week decision. If Teddy is rested, I'll just have to suck it up and play one short, I have 5 wfb's, I'm not getting another one.

So yeah, quite comfortable I think now with all of those decisions, will think about captain a bit more, but on Cook currently.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 pm

Regulator wrote:I don't really see Metcalf being more likely to take KM off SJ than any other half he's played with this year.

But I do like the prospect of SJ having Metcalf running around him, feels like there's a TA in there.

I think you're right. It's just we've never seen them play together before. I'm sure it will be fine, but it just introduces an element of risk, however small, that wasn't there in previous weeks.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 pm

Making 3 trades this week which leaves me with 11 players for round 13, and 13 trades left.

Considering making a final swap of brbo -> Koula which would give me 12 this week, as well as a third WFB for 16. Other centres I currently have are Billy Smith, Manu and Bird.

Could someone please help with some sound advise with if I should just roll with 11, or make the 4th trade for 12 or left field play, go Brbo -> VTW if he's named?

Sorry for the specific question, but I'm at ends and off on a flight at 3am and likely out of action for the next day or so

Thanks in advance <3

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2023 5:35 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah it's a tough one. I was originally thinking SJ. If the Warriors were ever going to put a bunch of points on this could be the week. But too many points he could get a rest. Metcalf could steal a few KMs, goalkicking (unlikely but you never know)? Thinking Hopgood should get 80 minutes and could banner if he gets a try. But currently leaning towards Cook. Might be a bit of a POD move, nearly always plays 80, might have a bit more play making to do without Murray and Mitchell, and might put in a bit of a fuck you Freddy performance.

I’d be putting the C on Cook if I had him buddy, you know he’s tear through the Raiders this week.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am