NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Aardvark Thu May 11, 2023 10:21 am

Listened to the feedback on my earlier posts about trades and filling your boots for the bye rounds and have a few points I am mulling over this year

1. Thanks for the feedback, this (and the shitposting of course) is what makes this forum an invaluable resource. Different approaches and different ideas and people willing to put them out there

2. I am conservative with trades

3. If you trade in someone like Luki based on their bye coverage it's at least two trades (unless he subverts the evidence to date and guns it) as he isn't someone you want in your final team even as bench back up. This applies for everyone you trade in over the bye period who isn't a final 17 player. I am planning to wait until the last minute to make my "filler" trades in order to mitigate the risk of injuries/droppings/general clusterfucks which may result in another trade being needed

4. Post Origin & Major Byes you still need positional coverage to help with byes and minor injuries Hia etc. It won't be pretty if you have a emergency stacked with cheap WFB's & HLF's you traded in to cover spots in Major Byes

5. You will want guys like Grant, Haas, Yeo, Cleary, Hynes etc in your team for the run home...they are by far and away the best in their positions. I reckon you hold as many as you can....it's always harder to get them back

6. I usually have 1 trade for every week for the run home (or maybe say 4 for the final 6). I'm thinking that this will be the minimum needed this year

7. Teddy is going alright for a WFB with SFA attacking stats (particularly if you got him for less than $600k). The Roosters will come good at some point

8. These are all my opinions and could be complete bullshit (i.e. I have never won it Very Happy)

9. I am conservative with trades
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Milchcow Thu May 11, 2023 10:21 am

Antipodean1 wrote:
    I do think Walker comes into 6 over Origin and Manu plays FB, but yeah Robbo.

That's only 1 game (R16) if Teddy backs up
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 11, 2023 10:28 am

Aardvark wrote:3. If you trade in someone like Luki based on their bye coverage it's at least two trades (unless he subverts the evidence to date and guns it) as he isn't someone you want in your final team even as bench back up. This applies for everyone you trade in over the bye period who isn't a final 17 player. I am planning to wait until the last minute to make my "filler" trades in order to mitigate the risk of injuries/droppings/general clusterfucks which may result in another trade being needed

I am generally biased towards both of these approaches* as it got me three top 15 finishes in a row (haven't pulled out that humble brag in a while).

Of course if you're making trades now it makes sense to lean towards a guy with good byes (for your team situation), but I don't think its as crucial as it gets made out to be.

*unfortunately haven't saved many trades this year.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 10:39 am

Milchcow wrote:

That's only 1 game (R16)  if Teddy backs up

Does Teddy usually back up?

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 11, 2023 10:43 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Robbo usually likes resting Ted but might be more inclined not to this year with Roosters being shit? Depends I guess how stubborn he is with Walker too keeping Manu in the halves.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu May 11, 2023 10:46 am

Ford > Twal. That's it for this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 11, 2023 10:46 am

Antipodean1 wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

That's only 1 game (R16)  if Teddy backs up

Normally? No
    But normally the Roosters are safe in the top 4

Last year the Roosters were struggling a bit and Teddy backed up every time. Given the Roosters are struggling a bit again this year, the assumption is they can't afford to rest Teddy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 11, 2023 10:46 am

Aardvark wrote:4. Post Origin & Major Byes you still need positional coverage to help with byes and minor injuries Hia etc. It won't be pretty if you have a emergency stacked with cheap WFB's & HLF's you traded in to cover spots in Major Byes

5. You will want guys like Grant, Haas, Yeo, Cleary, Hynes etc in your team for the run home...they are by far and away the best in their positions. I reckon you hold as many as you can....it's always harder to get them back

Will be interesting in later rounds given the byes.

R22 Warriors - Harris, SJ
    R24 Cowboys - Cotter?
    R25 Broncos - Haas, Carrigan
    R26 Rabbits - Murray, Cook, Latrell
    R27 Eels - Moses, Matto, Hopgood ?

Some of these guys aren't in the 'best 17 players you can find' category but most teams never get to that stage.

Most (me included) aren't going to have trades to shuffle around these outs late in the season, nor the depth to cover it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 11, 2023 10:48 am

If you have trades left in R26/27 covering Souths and Eels players is easier because you don't have to worry about trading them back in again. Just get the best replacement you can
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 11, 2023 10:58 am

Aardvark wrote:Listened to the feedback on my earlier posts about trades and filling your boots for the bye rounds and have a few points I am mulling over this year

1. Thanks for the feedback, this (and the shitposting of course) is what makes this forum an invaluable resource. Different approaches and different ideas and people willing to put them out there

2. I am conservative with trades

3. If you trade in someone like Luki based on their bye coverage it's at least two trades (unless he subverts the evidence to date and guns it) as he isn't someone you want in your final team even as bench back up. This applies for everyone you trade in over the bye period who isn't a final 17 player. I am planning to wait until the last minute to make my "filler" trades in order to mitigate the risk of injuries/droppings/general clusterfucks which may result in another trade being needed

4. Post Origin & Major Byes you still need positional coverage to help with byes and minor injuries Hia etc. It won't be pretty if you have a emergency stacked with cheap WFB's & HLF's you traded in to cover spots in Major Byes

6. I usually have 1 trade for every week for the run home (or maybe say 4 for the final 6). I'm thinking that this will be the minimum needed this year

7. Teddy is going alright for a WFB with SFA attacking stats (particularly if you got him for less than $600k). The Roosters will come good at some point

8. These are all my opinions and could be complete bullshit (i.e. I have never won it Very Happy)

On your bike pinhead !!

Just jokes. Lovely summation.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 11, 2023 10:59 am

Milchcow wrote:
    If you have trades left in R26/27 covering Souths and Eels players is easier because you don't have to worry about trading them back in again. Just get the best replacement you can

Absolutely, which is why I'm thinking you'll need more trades than usual for the run home. You're usually hanging on and hoping for no injuries or restings
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu May 11, 2023 11:04 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

100% agree mate, he is not a bad/horrible option.

I have had a shuffle around and decided on Garrick as my Ford switch, but there are many hours until kick-off tonight Razz

I like Garrick as an option for Ford. Upside and bye friendly. I think a lot of people are going to need either him or Drinkwater for coverage if they want to field 12 -13 players in round 13 and 16.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 11, 2023 11:09 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

So you are trading him in, or just trying to convince yourself?

I am
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 11, 2023 11:10 am

Revraiser wrote:

On your bike pinhead !!

Just jokes. Lovely summation.

My bike got stolen in 2003 when I rode to Slippery Pete's for a couple of cans while watching the Panthers take out the grand final...I haven't bothered to replace it since then.

As for being a pinhead I can confirm, as a 59 hat size, I am slightly above average for cranium circumference however I do enjoy the work of the Ramones who feature Pinheads extensively in their musical ouvere.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 11, 2023 11:17 am

Aardvark wrote:

My bike got stolen in 2003 when I rode to Slippery Pete's for a couple of cans while watching the Panthers take out the grand final...I haven't bothered to replace it since then.

As for being a pinhead I can confirm, as a 59 hat size, I am slightly above average for cranium circumference however I do enjoy the work of the Ramones who feature Pinheads extensively in their musical ouvere.

Au revoir to you too !
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 11:19 am

Milchcow wrote:

Normally? No
    But normally the Roosters are safe in the top 4

Last year the Roosters were struggling a bit and Teddy backed up every time. Given the Roosters are struggling a bit again this year, the assumption is they can't afford to rest Teddy

great intel mate - appreciated
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu May 11, 2023 11:23 am

my tv broke wrote:

R24 Cowboys - Cotter?

Some of these guys aren't in the 'best 17 players you can find' category but most teams never get to that stage.

Most (me included) aren't going to have trades to shuffle around these outs late in the season, nor the depth to cover it.

That’s future me’s problem

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 11, 2023 11:27 am

my tv broke wrote:

R24 Cowboys - Cotter?

I quite like having 4 Titans in my team for this reason, first to finish all their byes, and their next 2 bye rounds are when you can have up to 8 not playing without impacting your scoring.

R27 is going to be particularly tricky as usual, teams that have nothing to gain are likely to rest their stars so they are fresh for the final series.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 11, 2023 12:03 pm

Looking at Soni to Tatola or Luki which one would you get…

TU Tatola
    TD Luki
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 11, 2023 12:11 pm

It's a situation most will have looked away from now fantasy wise, but does anyone see Hands becoming the dominant guy at the Eels at Hooker ? Seems saving 'face' getting in the way. Or maybe they end up bringing in a new guy altogether.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm