NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 6 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by standard-issue Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Dip wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:Agreed, how hard could it be?  If the blokes all truly believed in their club maybe all of them could hand back 5 or 10k each?  There has to be something stopping them in the rules you would think.

Hopoate could forego his salary for the 5 or 6 games he won't play.  No-one could ask him to do it I guess, but even if he gave back half or whatever.

They specifically banned doing that after the 2002 Dogs kept together for a "lower contract", and won the premiership in 2004.

Makes sense. So it has to be 1 or 2 taking a serious paycut then? If I was at the Dogs I'd be leaning on Hopper #workplacebullyingworksinsomeplaces
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:06 pm

flasSId* wrote:

Makes sense.  So it has to be 1 or 2 taking a serious paycut then?  If I was at the Dogs I'd be leaning on Hopper #workplacebullyingworksinsomeplaces

Pretty sure once a contract is in place, you can't reduce that contract amount until the term expires. They'd have to release a player altogether. You're right though in that as well as he played this year, for the amount he's alleged to be payed, he's the one I'd be looking to offload if possible. Problem is he's also on a pretty good wicket so might not realistically be able to be released without a very heavy subsidy being paid due to him not wanting to play Sundays.

It begs the question whether they're over the cap unexpectedly because with last weeks draw and the Dogs not having many Sunday matches, if he's being paid on a per game basis, is that the reason they're over the cap.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Dip wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:

Makes sense.  So it has to be 1 or 2 taking a serious paycut then?  If I was at the Dogs I'd be leaning on Hopper #workplacebullyingworksinsomeplaces

Pretty sure once a contract is in place, you can't reduce that contract amount until the term expires. They'd have to release a player altogether. You're right though in that as well as he played this year, for the amount he's alleged to be payed, he's the one I'd be looking to offload if possible. Problem is he's also on a pretty good wicket so might not realistically be able to be released without a very heavy subsidy being paid due to him not wanting to play Sundays.

It begs the question whether they're over the cap unexpectedly because with last weeks draw and the Dogs not having many Sunday matches, if he's being paid on a per game basis, is that the reason they're over the cap.

Uncle Todd might not have thought it through enough when he gave them the 4 Sunday games to keep Hopoate on the park.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:19 pm

I find it hard to believe the club said that. If they don't get under the cap there's no way should be playing for points
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Farah back ended his contract after it was signed so we could sign the kids. Pretty sure if it's mutual the NRL couldn't legally stop it
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:13 pm

No Worries wrote:Unhappy players and a coach on the outer.
    It can only end in Mick Potter coaching them to a bottom 8 finish

JT might be a better choose if a player or two needs unloading. He's got form with bottom 8 finishes also.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:51 pm

We'll keep JT. He has become a true Tiger-keep us with an inkling of hope to play Finals through 26 Rounds, only to get destroyed in the last home and away game most years.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Dip wrote:

What stops someone being released and signing for less though? Could do it for a few players.

There must be something stopping.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Do you mean signing back with the same club?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Do you mean signing back with the same club?

Yeah mate with a new back ended contract
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Pretty certain that's treated the same as a reduction in wages. Any deals for a club trying to get compliant with the cap would have to be lodged with the salary cap auditor, surely?

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm

So if they didn't self report and just signed new back ended deals with 6 blokes it's OK. But because they have self reported they can't / need the auditors approval ??? It doesn't add up.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Surely they just release Lloyd Perrett and all is sweet.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:59 am

Looks like Graham will be at Manly by R5. Hasler sacked by R8. Very Happy
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:10 am

Rabbit wrote:Looks like Graham will be at Manly by R5. Hasler sacked by R8. Very Happy

the first part won't happen, second part may

i actually expect us to start alright (ladder wise) by grinding out some wins but as other team start playing better attacking footy by mid year, we will fall behind again because we just won't have points in us to match the top teams. the roster needs re-shaping, while i like tolman as a player, i question the re-signing of him recently, i think we need him or graham, but both is becoming an overkill and i'd rather keep graham till he decided to retire/go back to england
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 am

doggies will win some close games through their defence, but will get beaten pretty well by the sides that can score tries IMO.
    You are spot on though mate, Keeping both Graham and Tolman is a bit odd, obviously Graham is the better player but you would think that with all the concussion issues he has had over the last few years he would be close to hanging his boots up. The bloke is an amazing player but people just cant take that kind of punishment for ever
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:48 am

Pieman wrote:doggies will win some close games through their defence, but will get beaten pretty well by the sides that can score tries IMO.
    You are spot on though mate, Keeping both Graham and Tolman is a bit odd, obviously Graham is the better player but you would think that with all the concussion issues he has had over the last few years he would be close to hanging his boots up. The bloke is an amazing player but people just cant take that kind of punishment for ever

Except that is never really a concussion for Graham, the Dogs seem to get away with him playing on constantly
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:15 am

missed the start completely and it cost us, once bromwich got injured we seem to have msot of the field position the rest of the night but a combination of storms great defense, our attack still not looking to flash and some errors close to the line (some could probably be put down to the weather) meant we couldn't level it up

i am shocked only 2 players got binned, havn't see a replay but i know vunivalu punched someone in the back of the head and i think others from both sides through a couple too

only real positive change i saw last night was lichaa running and looking fairly dangerous, keen to see how that develops in dry weather
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:10 am

If I was Brooks I'd hold off on signing till Des was guaranteed, doesn't look like he'll be there next year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:53 am

a win! wow!

not the best performance but i'll take it, i actually think when we held the ball we looked a far better team then them, we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot and letting the warriors have a heaps of good ball at our end.

thought we defended brilliantly, the warriors didn't throw that much at us but jackson, graham and Mbye pulled off some brilliant on line 1 on 1 tackles that could have swayed the game.

Jackson was my man of the match, no one other then a dogs fans rate him but his defense was immense last night, not just on line but racing up to drop their big outside backs early in sets was huge.

Klem seemed to be making yards easy last night without much effort, warriors don't seem to be able to stop guys like him these days

on the debutants:

Abbey made a few errors, looked nervous around the high ball. i don't think its an issue long term but its probably somthing that will see hoppa come straight back in when healthy. did have some nice touches in the 2nd half but will have to work on the errors to stay in first grade

Montoya looked comfortable, looked a good runner of the ball, defused a dangerous cross field kick comfortably, the few times he had to make 1 on 1 tackle, he did so. i think he offers more then holland.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm