NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:36 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Oh yeah still an adequate trade in option too I think.

What trades you thinking?

Probably EButcher is the only one with useful cash. Him down to BMM. Allows Ponga to Turbo or Walsh with some left over for the upcoming Trindall, Carty etc problem. Another way to free up cash would be Cleary to SJ, but don't think I want to risk that.
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by BCT05 Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:43 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Probably EButcher is the only one with useful cash. Him down to BMM. Allows Ponga to Turbo or Walsh with some left over for the upcoming Trindall, Carty etc problem. Another way to free up cash would be Cleary to SJ, but don't think I want to risk that.

Makes sense. Yea don't do SJ..

I guess an alternative is just Ponga to HTF but can't say I'm sold on HTF
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Makes sense. Yea don't do SJ..

I guess an alternative is just Ponga to HTF but can't say I'm sold on HTF

Yeah I'm letting HTF go through to the keeper.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:50 pm

Trades for me this week pencilled in, not going to stress over things and just continue to choose players I enjoy watching
    No real strategy other than that, will see how it works out

Ponga and Smith out for Walsh and Robson and 53k ITB

Could look at Koro,Mahoney,Liddle for savings but don't have any cowboys and he has nice byes
    Gives me something like this but will see how it all looks tomorrow because plans never work out before 4pm tuesday

Robson
    Carrigan Haas Hopgood
    Cartwright Chee Kam
    Cleary Moses
    Bird Talakai
    Walsh Miller Warbrick

Preston EKatoa Loiero Ford
    IKatoa Alamoti Trindall HSS

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:56 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

was looking at stats, miller has games of 11 and 9 tackle breaks! if newcastle play well, BIG IF he could go ballistic,

Yep, I was thinking the same .... the concern is it requires Newcastle to play well Razz
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:06 pm

Think I'll get Robson too. Could go Grant or Mahoney but prefer the combo of spare cash (over Grant) and byes (over both) that Robson provides. And having no Cowboys is bad.

Trigger happy on Boyd, could come back to haunt but doubt it. Fix up hooker cover when Trindall/Carty need milking in a week or two then hopefully sit on trades for a bit. That's the plan anyway, which could lat another 18 hours. Will probably captain Haas this week

Robson
    Haas Hopgood Carrigan
    EKatoa Loiero
    (Cleary) Doueihi
    Bird Hammer
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

Preston Carty Ford Trindall
    IKatoa Doorey Alamoti ITT

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:06 pm

looking at cleary to reynolds, hodgson to a different hooker, have 706k, means no bueno on mahoney

options are egan, liddle, korosiau,  and anyone else under that price, brailey, croker etc,

if i could afford to get mahoney id be very happy with trades,
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:14 pm

Just re-watched the first 2 Bulldogs game, focusing on my man Kiraz.

- He takes a hit up every set
    - Every hit up is run with purpose, hard and straight, with a late step often, to try to beat the tackle
    - If you get in front of him, you get a fend
    - If you tackle him, he tries to offload

I can't recall a player that hates getting tackled with the ball in hand so much, and fights so hard to stop it happening.

His season last year was in 2 parts, the last 5 games of the season he averaged low 20s, (probably playing injured, and brought his price down to start this season). The rest of the season he averaged 47. This year he has stepped up again.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:15 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:looking at cleary to reynolds, hodgson to a different hooker, have 706k, means no bueno on mahoney

options are egan, liddle, korosiau,  and anyone else under that price, brailey, croker etc,

if i could afford to get mahoney id be very happy with trades,

Koro a bit underrated. Consistently averages 52+ over multiple seasons which I can’t say about Mahoney. Think Mahoney will have a good year but he burnt me last year so I’m not sure if I’m ready to be hurt again..
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 pm

@rhinoceroo
    Yep next man up and Robson is that
    Similar scenario with most needing to upgrade soon on a few players but with 2 trades and byes just got to see what happens each week

@GarethEllisismyDad
    Of those I don't think you can go too wrong with any. Koro has the pedigree and if he goes back to 80min he will score well. Liddle is a bit more of a gamble but scores well when not injured
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Think I'll get Robson too. Could go Grant or Mahoney but prefer the combo of spare cash (over Grant) and byes (over both) that Robson provides. And having no Cowboys is bad.

Trigger happy on Boyd, could come back to haunt but doubt it. Fix up hooker cover when Trindall/Carty need milking in a week or two then hopefully sit on trades for a bit. That's the plan anyway, which could lat another 18 hours. Will probably captain Haas this week

Robson
    Haas Hopgood Carrigan
    EKatoa Loiero
    (Cleary) Doueihi
    Bird Hammer
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

Preston Carty Ford Trindall
    IKatoa Doorey Alamoti ITT

Building a nice team there, very well balanced.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:24 pm

mattnz wrote:Just re-watched the first 2 Bulldogs game, focusing on my man Kiraz.

- Every hit up is run with purpose, hard and straight, with a late step often, to try to beat the tackle

I can't recall a player that hates getting tackled with the ball in hand so much, and fights so hard to stop it happening.

His season last year was in 2 parts, the last 5 games of the season he averaged low 20s, (probably playing injured, and brought his price down to start this season). The rest of the season he averaged 47. This year he has stepped up again.

Can't argue with that, if you enjoy watching him then definitely get him as he is great to watch
    Reading your theory on recent scores with him going huge last game along with your breakdown I don't think anyone will change your mind
    Do it

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:28 pm

If I need a hooker this week, thinking about Koroisau

Scored 54 on the weekend with a poor performance. BE is high but not ridiculous, so maybe wait a week or 2 and then get him in cheap.
    With Simpkin out I think decent minutes are safe

Matt Burton another one who might not drop too much further and could be a good pickup soon
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:35 pm

mattnz wrote:Just re-watched the first 2 Bulldogs game, focusing on my man Kiraz.

You're obviously going to back yourself and get him, so go ahead and good luck.

I think the comparison is not To'o or Garrick but Nofo of a few seasons ago - a winger in a not-great team who happens to have a very fantasy friendly game. Not likely to be a top 5 WFB though, while other candidates for that (Walsh and the original To'o) are 100k cheaper and someone who definitely will be if he stays fit (Turbo) is the same price.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:37 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    If I need a hooker this week, thinking about Koroisau

Scored 54 on the weekend with a poor performance. BE is high but not ridiculous, so maybe wait a week or 2 and then get him in cheap.
    With Simpkin out I think decent minutes are safe

Matt Burton another one who might not drop too much further and could be a good pickup soon

Do Wests bring in that mini-Cheese Rua guy onto the bench (assuming Simpkin is out)?
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:37 pm

For those with Uto:

While his 52 seemed disappointing with the benefit of that "try".  On the positive, he had a massive 15 in negatives (2 missed tackles, 3 errors, 2 penalties, 1 six again) this week.  

This compares to an average of just under 5 demerits in his other 14 games as starting FRF.  

Hopefully things are more promising than they may have looked at first glance.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:41 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:For those with Uto:

While his 52 seemed disappointing with the benefit of that "try".  On the positive, he had a massive 15 in negatives (2 missed tackles, 3 errors, 2 penalties, 1 six again) this week.  

This compares to an average of just under 5 demerits in his other 14 games as starting FRF.  

Hopefully things are more promising than they may have looked at first glance.

also a breakeven of 16, for this week,

plus 58 mins of game time, thats encouraging,

Ive warmed to holding him to squeeze some more cash from him!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:55 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

more "evidence"

his next 5 games

dragons at suncorp
    dolphins at suncorp
    tigers at suncorp
    raiders at suncorp
    titans at cbus

i see lots of broncos wins,

Pretty sawft draw from R4
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:57 pm

TLT dependent but I’m a Smith/Boyd hooker team and I’m hoping I can grab a panthers hooker for coverage next week rather than paying up for Mahoney, Koro, Grant, Cook.

Bold or madness?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:01 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Pretty sawft draw from R4

Laugh 3 Laugh 3

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 pm