Round 8 score:
1. Bryce Cartwright to Brandon SmithR8 squad:
Haas Matterson Ford
Cleary (C) SJ
Walsh Miller Turbo
Preston, Boyd, Smith, Katoa
Alamoti, Couchman, AKP, Hands Pros:
- My centres. Considering it's the worst position in the game, scores of 66 and 48 are fucking great.
- The Cheese. Traded him back in this week as his price was too juicy to ignore. He repaid me with his highest score of the season, let's hope the Cheese doesn't rot second time round.
- Trent Loiero. Two weeks in a row of very good scores means I'll be holding him this week, and instead selling EKatoa who had that unfortunate HIA. Glad I waited a week to decide which one would leave my team.
- Tanah Boyd. God damn! I was expecting Tanah to bounce back with Sexton gone from the team, but wasn't expecting him to be my second highest scorer of the round!
- Harry Grant. Best hooker in the world. Enough said.Cons:
- My WFB. A high score of 34 from my 3 WFB 'guns' stopped me from going huge this week. Although it's to be expected from such a volatile position. Turbo has to go though.
- Eli Katoa. Unfortunate HIA led Eli to a score of 19 points, and with Storm's bye this week, he's likely going to be departing my team. Which is unfortunate as a Storm fan, as I thought he had keeper potential for a minute there.Trade Out Options:
- Tom Trbojevic. Briefly thought about swapping him to Teddy last week, and in hindsight, it was the right move to make. Likely making that same trade this week.
- Eli Katoa. As above, he's going to bleed a bit of cash and has the bye this week.
- AKP. If I need to cash someone out to finance a trade, AKP is likely the sacrificial lamb.
- Paul Alamoti. Probably won't sell him just yet, as I'll be a centre short when the Dolphins have their bye in R11.Trade In Options:
- Jack De Belin. As per last week, I strongly dislike his character, therefore don't really want him in my squad, which is probably silly and I should maybe swallow my pride.
- Hudson Young. Don't love his inconsistency, seems to have the odd 20-30 score in him. But with his ceiling and at that price, he's likely a good buy.
- James Tedesco. Finally broke his try scoring drought and the Roosters attack looked a bit more lively. Don't think I can resist Teddy at that price.
- Joey Manu. One of my favourite players IRL so he'd be a pleasure to watch playing for my fantasy side. If we had any concrete info about him staying at 6 it'd be a no brainer. Think I might take the gamble anyway.
- Mo Fotuaika. 4 good scores in a row now. Intriguing option.
- Bula/Oloapu. If I end up cashing someone out, these are probably my strongest contenders. Wish I had gotten Granville last week, but at over 300k this week it feels a riskier proposition.
Another climb up the ranks, almost inside the top 500 now. Makes me want to make the transition to overall rather than just H2H, but I know if I start trading hard for the byes it'll fuck me come H2H finals. A low numbered ranking is cool and all, but I'd rather the cash in my pocket.
Trades for this week I'm thinking EKatoa, Turbo & AKP to JDB, Manu & Bula.
Will try & grab Teddy next week.
Likely going to have to cop the L this week in both my cash leagues, as I'm up against other top teams while having to play all of Alamoti, AKP, Couchman as well as Hands if Cleary is out.
As always, any feedback is much appreciated