Here's the team I went into R1 with:
Carrigan Haas Hopgood
Cleary (C) Douehi
Ponga Miller Warbrick
BSmith, EButcher, Boyd, Ford
Doorey, Preston, HSS, IKatoa
7k in the bank.
Round 1 score:
- Harry Grant. Was my first player picked and he did not disappoint. Diehard Storm fan, but I'm expecting huge things from Harry this year. Dally M type season.
- The Broncos Props. Each of Carrigan/Haas/Murray/Tapine were in my team at some point in the preseason. Ultimately landed on the Broncos pair and I'm delighted so far.
- Jackson Ford. Was a bit of a gut pick as I personally see Curran as more of a middle rather than an edge. Liked what I saw, let's hope he keeps his role.
- My centres. Can we just delete this position already? No matter what strategy I ploy, double cheapies, gun + cheapie, centres always find a way to fuck me deep in my ass. Need to fix this part of my team ASAP.
- Not receiving an invite to the Carty Party. Huge FOMO. However, I don't think I have the balls to pick him up now as I personally believe Matto returns on an edge.
Trade Out Options:
- Brandon Smith. I feel comfortable enough holding him, however if I do decide to trade, he's the one. Roosters form & lack of middle forwards, their upcoming bye in round 4 and Cheese's potential rib injury are all factors here.
- Tommy Talau/Isaiya Katoa. Happy to hold them for now, however I really don't like their fantasy potential. One of them could make room for a particular 'party'.
Trade In Options:
- Izaac Thompson. Didn't start with May/Tago last year and I'm getting a little déjà vu. While I don't think Thompson will reach the heights of them, he plays for a good team and gets through a decent amount of work. Money to make and improves my horrendous centre position.
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow. Not overly confident in the Hammer, but as above, he sures up my centre position. Is he worth the extra 70k over Thompson? Not so sure about that.
- Bryce Cartwright. It's early in the season, why not take a risk on such a beautiful man?
Last edited by Stylebender on Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total