NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:33 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Around here if you say what you really think your fantasy picks could achieve, you get shot down, why I was using a conservative 45 for Carty for recent comparisons.

Just requoting this for truth.

Big ups to people like mattnz and Bethany for having the guts to actually say stuff though.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Just going by what Brad Arthur has said in interviews this week.

Well I hope he was talking nonsense, I thought carty looked really good
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:33 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

But you locked in those points in your 17 right? (He is up to 56 points now)
    Similar to Trindall you get the points and value so you obviously played him there
    Nice start

Yes, my < $250k players are:

In my 17 - Carty, Warbrick, HSS, Alamoti, Trindall
    In 18-21 - Blore, Preston, Katoa, Talau

Will be looking for guys like Preston and Katoa to have decent roles that are included in my 17 as guys like Carty drop out.

Last edited by mattnz on Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:34 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Loomer wrote:

They barely went his side especially on attack

Moses kicked to Coates every single time, Reimis ignored a couple of overlaps, it was against one of the best defensive sides in the comp, he still scored 29.

Also Melbourne has to make about 70 extra tackles, there was just less attacking for them to do.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Did Rabbits end up with Grant in his team?
    Yes mate I have him.

Have Murray and TMM currently and considering downgrading Murray to Carrigan and upgrading TMM to Sutton for better squad depth.

Murray avg 65, TMM avg 30 equals 95.

Carrigan avg 55, Sutton 45 equals 100.

It might just be worth it. With the bye rounds I don’t wanna get caught up with playing what could be inconsistent cheapies in my 16 and 17th man positions.

Will be without Turbo next week so back 5 would be…

Thompson Alamoti
    Talau Miller Warbrick

But that’s ok I can use Turbo as a loop.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I'll just start tomorrow's burning question right now shall I.

Is it worth trading TMM to Sloan to loop in Cartwright's score?

Haha
    To answer your Bird question, the minute I saw the option to get a starting lock in the centres he jumped into my team
    And yes I wanted an insurance policy on Cartwright at 18, just like you get insurance on a party bus
    It's not my prediction, I just wanted a cheap ticket for another ride for old time sakes
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:36 pm

I thought Hodgson looked better than his score suggested as well. Seemed to make a huge amount of tackles. I am bias though.

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Yes mate I have him.

Have Murray and TMM currently and considering downgrading Murray to Carrigan and upgrading TMM to Sutton for better squad depth.

It might just be worth it. With the bye rounds I don’t wanna get caught up with playing what could be inconsistent cheapies  in my 16 and 17th man positions.

Thompson Alamoti
    Talau Miller Warbrick

Can’t put a price on how much you’ll enjoy murray tonning up though

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Yes mate I have him.

It might just be worth it. With the bye rounds I don’t wanna get caught up with playing what could be inconsistent cheapies  in my 16 and 17th man positions.

Thompson Alamoti
    Talau Miller Warbrick

I believe the last time TMM played in the halves was for Ōtorohanga in the local club rugby scene after retiring from the sport
    I do love a comeback story though so happy to see how he goes, but he is a different player to when he was averaging 30 after bursting on the scene years back
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Fortitude wrote:I thought Hodgson looked better than his score suggested as well. Seemed to make a huge amount of tackles. I am bias though.

Me too!

Though he did drop off a few late

Still happy to have him
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:40 pm

Carty was supposed to get hooked after 55 mins the prick

He looked pretty good. Fit and probably the most straight bat game ive seen him play.

Wonder what the party has in store next week, it is never dull, one way or the other
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:40 pm

Boozecluez wrote:
    Haha
    To answer your Bird question, the minute I saw the option to get a starting lock in the centres he jumped into my team
    And yes I wanted an insurance policy on Cartwright at 18, just like you get insurance on a party bus
    It's not my prediction, I just wanted a cheap ticket for another ride for old time sakes

I can trade Uto, Egan or Cheese to Bird in a single trade, but not sure that is completely wise just to get a one off score from Carty

Maybe Uto. Or double trade Egan and one of my cheapies to Bird + someone.

I had the forethought to get tomorrow off work so I can spend an hour or 2 finalising the team so will plan it then

superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Going back to this post from the last thread.

Without any sarcastic answers - is it crazy to have some sort of bye strategy in mind? Should people just assemble a team without considering byes at all? Just wait until round 8 and have a bit of a think about origin?

If you are interested in Bird as premium CTR, does it make more sense to have him from the start, or to have a think about how to get him in?

I think that proposed strategy is fairly aggressive if the intent is to follow through on all of those moves. That template could serve better as a 'back up' in the event a player gets injured or isn't performing to expectations - use the byes to provide more value with any sideways or correction trade.

You could wait until you start upgrading to think about the byes in years past (round 7 or so), we've got enough trades these days.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Just requoting this for truth.

Big ups to people like mattnz and Bethany for having the guts to actually say stuff though.

Stuff.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:43 pm

Welshy wrote:

Stuff.

Wait......did you just say 'stuff'?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I can trade Uto, Egan or Cheese to Bird in a single trade, but not sure that is completely wise just to get a one off score from Carty

I had the forethought to get tomorrow off work so I can spend an hour or 2 finalising the team so will plan it then

I think if you are going to buy then do it this week with probably Egan/uto
    Simply put you have no idea what fires you need to put out next week along with what turns up
    Look at the carnage of this game alone and it's one game
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Serious question - how many specific names and rounds do you have planned out? I'd be interested to know how many of them end up happening

Personally I have no specific trades planned, but I do have some vague plans. I'm keeping an eye on Trbo and Bird (and to a lesser extent, Keppie), but no definitie trade out to get them

I know roughly what rounds some players are going to be most effective to trade in or out - but without knowing what their price will be at the time, or the price of the players I may want to trade out - actually planning a specific trade seems trouble.

I have a spreadsheet, round by round, by position, with each of my starting squad colour coded based on whether they play Origin, if they play enough key bye rounds etc. Currently have Tapine, Douehi, Hopgood, maybe Preston pencilled in as season keepers. All play 2 or 3 key bye rounds. It balances maximising scoring, with when I need the right cover in each position.

Guys like Penisini will be gold for that period, but will likely max at 3 Eels, as I also have Miller and it impacts round 14 when Knights and Manly also have a bye. All needs to be carefully managed, starting quite early.

Last edited by mattnz on Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:

How do you know Bird will play at lock? Could be half, could be 2nd row. Unless you have heard something from sources?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:44 pm

mattnz wrote:

I didnt say that, I said Carty drops minutes when Matterson back and starts at EDG, Lane is due back later.

Ah right. My bad. Party on dudes!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:45 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Can’t put a price on how much you’ll enjoy murray tonning up though
    I don’t think he will tonne up he can’t play 75-80mins each week he will burn out.

At Souths training on Wednesday Moale and Chee Kam were training in the starting side and Arrow off the bench with Tom in a middle role. If that’s how it stays is anyone’s guess! I still think Murray gets around 70mins. We do get Host and Sele back round 3/4 as well.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 am