NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:05 pm

    @No Worries wrote:26th October, still spots available. Get on it, Guaranteed to take something home. In a dozen trips I took home nothing by choice once so the newbies got something. Ususal catch id is 4-6 each. Krumps in, hit me up

    I have the kids that weekend. Will try and sort a sitter and confirm Monday. Is that ok?

    Thanks for the invite! I'll try
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9361
    Reputation : 5546
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by No Worries Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:26 pm

    Sorry mate - you snooze you lose. We're at capacity. If you're keen I'll let you know early about the next one.

    More to the point if we can get 8-10 blokes or mates from here who are keen we can set up our own charter ??
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9361
    Reputation : 5546
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by No Worries Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:12 pm

    Reef fishiong of Sydney heads.

    Who's interested ?

    At this stage dates will probably be new year.

    We can have any Saturday in Dec - Feb with a Xmas New Year black out

    If you are interested let me know. I will start collating numbers then cut in down to 1 of 2 Saturdays
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by standard-issue Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 pm

    @No Worries wrote:Sorry mate - you snooze you lose. We're at capacity. If you're keen I'll let you know early about the next one.

    More to the point if we can get 8-10 blokes or mates from here who are keen we can set up our own charter ??

    I assume there's not an off season there? Like your Lockout Laws don't apply to fishing...I'm planning to be over March/April next year, depending on the NRL Draw, so would be keen then.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9361
    Reputation : 5546
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by No Worries Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 pm

    Happy to organise or include you in 1 then. I'll be homest we/I am a regular so we get a discount. Esentially we drop the recommended numbers by the discount so we go with 9 instead of 10. Less tangles and time wasted sorting out lines and more time fishing.

    If guys are keen to lock in a date that far out. No dramas, just tell me the dates. in your case SI, tell me when you're here and I'll I can line it up and everyone needs to make themselves available.
    .
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by standard-issue Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 pm

    @No Worries wrote:Happy to organise or include you in 1 then. I'll be homest we/I am a regular so we get a discount. Esentially we drop the recommended numbers by the discount so we go with 9 instead of 10. Less tangles and time wasted sorting out lines and more time fishing.

    If guys are keen to lock in a date that far out. No dramas, just tell me the dates. in your case SI, tell me when you're here and I'll  I can line it up and everyone needs to make themselves available.
    .

    Well everyone needs to make themselves available in general for my next visit anyways... Very Happy

    I'll be locking my dates in a couple of weeks after the 2020 Draw comes out mate. We'll see if it all lines up then.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:38 am

    SI wrote:

    Well everyone needs to make themselves available in general for my next visit anyways... Very Happy

    I'll be locking my dates in a couple of weeks after the 2020 Draw comes out mate.  We'll see if it all lines up then.

    How do u lock ur date ???


    affraid
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:51 pm

    So..... my Fijian bar friends on holiday think my wife is dead. I'm only taking partial responsibility as I said she was 'gone'.

    They have a surprise for me tomorrow.....

    I'm assuming its either a washed up body of a blonde or a Fijian prostitute... I'm ok either way
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:19 pm

    It was a free local prostitute haha

    Erm, yep
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 13973
    Reputation : 7465
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by filthridden Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm

    Well at least hope you're enjoying the Rugby, fella!

    Steer clear of any of the lads who have crosses tattooed on their knuckles! Embarassed
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 13973
    Reputation : 7465
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by filthridden Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:46 pm

    Bumping this thread for people who might want to post about or talk about what they're experiencing at the moment.

    I've been told I am working from home indefinitely. I live on my own.
    I am going to be fine because I am more than happy to spend a lot of time by myself.

    There are going to be a lot of people who aren't going to be fine in this same situation or might be dealing with other issues that they want to chat about.

    This is as good a place to start as any.

    All welcome. Smile
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 pm

    I'm home in my new office, 4 day weeks... loving it! First day today. Don't have an issue with the situation, but good about out Filth

    Getting shit done though??
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 13973
    Reputation : 7465
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by filthridden Fri May 22, 2020 12:09 pm

    Still getting shit done at home here. Nice to be able to visit friends in VIC but still trying to stay home as much as possible.

    My mood often drops a little coming into winter and this whole situation probably hasn't helped so I am noticing that at the moment but nothing concerning at all. WFH life is good, getting stuff done & lots of socials via video as well as a couple of in-person catch ups.

    Been cycling a lot over the past 2 months or so and that's been a great way to get a lot of exercise in especially with the roads (up until the last couple of weeks) having minimal traffic.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 am

    Thought I'd dust off this old thread and throw some updates out.

    I used this thread when I was quite down about my break up with my girlfriend 2 years ago, got made redundant around the same time and was really lost with my place in the world. From there I did a lot of personal growth and focused on what I wanted to be and what kind of energy I let into my life.

    Now my new girlfriend is moving in to my place this weekend, we're going to build our own place at the end of the year. We exist as individuals but support each other completely and it's such a fun and rewarding relationship. I have never felt supported or empowered by a girlfriend before so this is fantastic.

    Work wise I've been killing it for a Bank, working my way through promotion after promotion and will views of getting as high as I can (not a drug joke)

    I'd just like to say to those that are doing it tough and mentally struggling that things do get better, sometimes life is bloody hard and you can't see a way up but it does get better with the hard work. How it worked for me was reinvesting time back into myself and taking control of my own happiness rather than letting others dictate that.

    I'd also like to thank the lads here for their complete lack of judgment during that time and the support shown. Big ups boys!
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9361
    Reputation : 5546
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by No Worries Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:45 pm

    Great to hear you're in a better place mate.
    Pain
    Pain

    NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019
    Posts : 4320
    Reputation : 1836
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Pain Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 pm

    Nice update mate. Great to hear you’re doing well. Banking can be a fun game.

    Agree it’s hard work keeping on top of your mental health but the hard work is well rewarded by a better life. Putting yourself first is so important. Making your health a priority and prioritising the activities to support this without apology. Having a supportive partner helps but it took me a long time to communicate properly.

    There’s a great group of people that post on here.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm

    @filthridden wrote:Still getting shit done at home here. Nice to be able to visit friends in VIC but still trying to stay home as much as possible.

    My mood often drops a little coming into winter and this whole situation probably hasn't helped so I am noticing that at the moment but nothing concerning at all. WFH life is good, getting stuff done & lots of socials via video as well as a couple of in-person catch ups.

    Been cycling a lot over the past 2 months or so and that's been a great way to get a lot of exercise in especially with the roads (up until the last couple of weeks) having minimal traffic.

    Cycling over here to, once a week, pretty casual.. but have to do something to halt this circular transition going on.

    Not many of the threads get used these days do they, its all just a nut house in the main thread haha
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:07 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:Thought I'd dust off this old thread and throw some updates out.

    I used this thread when I was quite down about my break up with my girlfriend 2 years ago, got made redundant around the same time and was really lost with my place in the world. From there I did a lot of personal growth and focused on what I wanted to be and what kind of energy I let into my life.

    Now my new girlfriend is moving in to my place this weekend, we're going to build our own place at the end of the year. We exist as individuals but support each other completely and it's such a fun and rewarding relationship. I have never felt supported or empowered by a girlfriend before so this is fantastic.

    Work wise I've been killing it for a Bank, working my way through promotion after promotion and will views of getting as high as I can (not a drug joke)

    I'd just like to say to those that are doing it tough and mentally struggling that things do get better, sometimes life is bloody hard and you can't see a way up but it does get better with the hard work. How it worked for me was reinvesting time back into myself and taking control of my own happiness rather than letting others dictate that.

    I'd also like to thank the lads here for their complete lack of judgment during that time and the support shown. Big ups boys!

    Great to hear @Honeysett, have definitely noticed you around alot less. But good that your focusing and doing something about it. Good work.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:08 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Great to hear @Honeysett, have definitely noticed you around alot less. But good that your focusing and doing something about it. Good work.

    Yeah it'd like to get on more and join in the banter but I find my time occupied doing other things or if I'm at work it's generally pretty busy so I don't waste time.

    Thanks for the kind words lads
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9361
    Reputation : 5546
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

    Post by No Worries Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:36 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Yeah it'd like to get on more and join in the banter but I find my time occupied doing other things or if I'm at work it's generally pretty busy so I don't waste time.

    Thanks for the kind words lads

    Even if it does mean giving up the title and the 3 peat

    The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 49 McGregor-Lesnar-752x4401

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:09 pm