NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Finch
    Finch

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Finch Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:46 am

Job interview today. Will be cool to get it, means my nights will be free so I wont have to record the games. Nervous though ugh.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Whats the job, Finchy? and GL!
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:34 pm

filthridden wrote:Whats the job, Finchy? and GL!

It's in a kitchen. I got the Job!

Will still do a few hours at my current job too, so my nights aren't completely free. Will get home in time for Thursday/Friday night footy though Razz
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Congrats

Post by Guest Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Good work Finchy!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Finch wrote:

It's in a kitchen. I got the Job!

I've had that job for ages. I don't get payed for it though. Mrs code delta is happy and I get to choose what we eat.
    Congrats also.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 pm

code delta wrote:

I've had that job for ages. I don't get payed for it though. Mrs code delta is happy and I get to choose what we eat.
    Congrats also.

Difference is he gets paid, you've been cooking for years on the promise of a BJ.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 pm

(I quit the job after 3 days)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:40 pm

What happened Finchy - turn out to be something dodgy going on, or just not right for you?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:What happened Finchy - turn out to be something dodgy going on, or just not right for you?

Just not for me.

I applied for a Kitchen Porter role (I enjoy working hospo), and was going to do that along with my other two jobs where I could fit the time in. Great, more hours I thought, it was looking at around 50-55 when I reconfigured my two current job hours.

However, it seemed like what they were really after was a dishwasher, and I didn't want to waste my life away there. The guy who was "teaching" me what to do was there for 1.5 years and I didn't want that to be me. I fully understand that the role of a kitchen porter includes dishes, but I was doing them for 6-6.5 hours per day in a 7.5 hour shift. Literally from 11:45-4 (When I finished) that's all I was doing, literally. I said to myself I'm better than this, I didn't apply for a dishwasher job. So on the morning on the 4th shift I sent the boss an e-mail, told them I quit. Got paid for the 3 days I put in though. Everyone was nice, so I did feel like a dick, at the end of the day though I'm not going to subject myself to that, wasting my life away, I know I'm better than that.

*Shrug*
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 pm

No Worries wrote:

Difference is he gets paid, you've been cooking for years on the promise of a BJ.
    Two differences to what you posted now. Very Happy
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:11 am

I’ll seek some advice from you guys if I can.

I’ve got an area manager job now, basically I can’t go any higher in my role without moving to Victoria or NSW which I don’t want to do for work.

Since I took over our sales state wide have grown 70% which is huge. I had a development review and they were over the moon obviously. I asked for an extra 10k on top of what I got originally they took it under advisement and eventually the boss who was to approve it quit so it’s not in conversation anymore.

I’ve been often head hunted for a role with our parent company and they’ve approached me discreetly again and offered me a role. It’s a step down from what I’d be doing now however it pays 19k a year more which with bonuses would put me well into the six figures. Which for the work I do would be great. Because it’s technically the same company I don’t lose any long service leave or annual/sick leave.

There’s also rumours going under that their could be redundancies happening and to be honest that would be fantastic. However I wouldn’t be able to move to the parent company for a full year.

I’m personally thinking now is the time to jump. I can’t go higher where I am. They didn’t value me enough to pay me more money and a step back now can be a step forward later on.

Thoughts? What would you do?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:13 am

Honeysett wrote:I’ll seek some advice from you guys if I can.

I’ve got an area manager job now, basically I can’t go any higher in my role without moving to Victoria or NSW which I don’t want to do for work.

Since I took over our sales state wide have grown 70% which is huge. I had a development review and they were over the moon obviously. I asked for an extra 10k on top of what I got originally they took it under advisement and eventually the boss who was to approve it quit so it’s not in conversation anymore.

I’ve been often head hunted for a role with our parent company and they’ve approached me discreetly again and offered me a role. It’s a step down from what I’d be doing now however it pays 19k a year more which with bonuses would put me well into the six figures. Which for the work I do would be great. Because it’s technically the same company I don’t lose any long service leave or annual/sick leave.

There’s also rumours going under that their could be redundancies happening and to be honest that would be fantastic. However I wouldn’t be able to move to the parent company for a full year.

I’m personally thinking now is the time to jump. I can’t go higher where I am. They didn’t value me enough to pay me more money and a step back now can be a step forward later on.

Seems like an absolute no brainer to me, what you waiting for?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:49 am

Heres my advice. You got to do what feels right to you. At the end of the day, I make a decision about big things like this based on my gut. If it doesn't feel right and I know deep down I'm not going to be happy/support the choice I made, I don't do it.

Just need to trust your gut and believe in yourself.

(I think you should jump now FWIW)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 am

Honeysett wrote:I’ll seek some advice from you guys if I can.

Better pay and better scope for growth=hello new job.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 am

Jump ship
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 am

Sounds like a lot of upside to moving on.

At my work there are a lot of people hanging around hoping for redundancy, and it's not a great reason to stick around. (although their situation is a bit different because they are mostly 50+, approaching retirement and won't easily get another job)
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:03 am

If you find someone who values you and will give you the support to be successful, go work with them. It's really hard to find this. More money and retaining benefits are just additional cream.

It's your call and your heart will know whats right.

I'd move.

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:28 am

Couldn't be stuffed starting a Maroons 2018 thread. I'd feel dirty. But you gotta love Bob.

XXXX Gold has left a bitter taste in my mouth after I discovered that the once beloved XXXX Gold brand is winding back its alignment with Queensland after relocating a portion of its factory production to NSW and undermining job security by moving away from employing full time Queenslanders to casual contract staff.

Last week it was revealed that the iconic Milton, Brisbane based brewery, owned by Lion, has seen an increase in union action which is resulting in staff strikes and an associated impeding beer shortage.

The workers are responding to the cuts in workplace conditions and security in favour of contract labour – leaving the big question, whose side are XXXX Gold really on?

XXXX has gone from a staff of 300 in Milton, next to the old football stadium, down to 100… I repeat that, from 300 to 100 staff. There have been 40 redundancies in the last two or three years and they will continue. So clearly they are moving out.

XXXX Gold has also reduced its sponsorship branding of the Queensland Maroons with the front of the Maroons State of Origin 2018 jersey missing the XXXX Gold logo for the first time in more than a decade.

Now this brand that has developed on the basis of being Qld’s beer is now kissing goodbye to that identification marker and all I can say is whoever is in charge of their marketing, give him a job feeding the pigs in a pig farm, because they have got to be the world’s greatest idiot.

I mean with their withdrawal from Rugby League, employment of casualised labour, what we are watching is the complete collapse of their support base.

The only taste in our mouths now is a bad taste. That’s what XXXX leaves in our mouths.

People say well what do we do? Well drink something else. I myself, I’m a rum and milk man. But I wouldn’t suggest that to everybody.

Bob Katter

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 15 29472929_1828209450582907_6863498540920864768_n
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks everyone, appreciate the thoughts.

Pretty sure I'll move on

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am