NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:52 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I still think I can probably just hold trades and be fine. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by:

EKat -> Manu
    Alamoti -> Host/Crossland

Thoughts? Probably safer to just hold, right?

The first trade can wait a week especially if you think it’ll be a huge revenge game and not a dud one like Mahoney vs Eels.

The second trade isn’t urgent but the sooner you jump on either the safer they are. Next week if they go up 20k the 10 points of value gets harder and harder to justify.

Given Alamoti is your starting CTR I’d say do it. I traded EKatoa 2 weeks ago as I think he’s not a keeper. Manu could be huge and I think is worth the risk. Kinda like Hosking - if he gets 3 weeks at half the points and cash value is really good. Just gotta call now if you think Walker is out longer or not. Luckily his price won’t move too much this week.

Good luck. Don’t think you can go wrong either way (holding/trading) if that helps.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:53 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I still think I can probably just hold trades and be fine. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by:

EKat -> Manu
    Alamoti -> Host/Crossland

Thoughts? Probably safer to just hold, right?

I think you should trade

Manu has huge upside and is a massive upgrade on alamoti, origin round the corner and playing 6

go look at crosslands scores from hooker this year, hes massively under prices, brailey isnt coming back this year, hepasssed the eye test at 9, and he will average 40+ and make money, eventually picking up a handy dual

Elise is on a bye next week, and i'm sure you like everyone else has enough edges to cover him

for full discolsure I am bringing in manu and crossland, but I'm pumped about it
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:44 pm

Thanks for the thoughts all. Have decided I'm not interested in Host. Can decide on the rest tomorrow. Think I'm leaning towards hold, but Manu is just so tempting, and Crossland has huge upside.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:03 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Thanks for the thoughts all. Have decided I'm not interested in Host. Can decide on the rest tomorrow. Think I'm leaning towards hold, but Manu is just so tempting, and Crossland has huge upside.

Phew. Got that one right.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:17 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Phew. Got that one right.

Bullet dodged!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:44 pm

Not a bad week considering I was treading water a bit by holding trades, 859 was enough to jump another 1,000 ranks to around 6,500. Could have been so much better if I'd gone through with Katoa to Manu of course. Will have no such luxury of holding trades this week.

Team before trades is:

Cook
    Tapine Cheese Ford
    Hosking Preston
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Teddy Walsh Miller

Boyd Katoa AKP Nikorima

Talau Haas Katoa Loiero

Early thoughts are that I can do:

Katoa + AKP to Manu + Granville. Fix the mistake of not just getting Manu last week and Granville has a negative BE and is (inexplicably) getting the minutes.

E Katoa -> Manu is definitely happenening, but with no bank it's more or less a decision of which cow I trade AKP to (Granville, Bula).

If it's Granville I'll probably just make 2 trades, if I get Bula, I could also do Loiero to Lane which is tempting.

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:56 am

I think I'm fairly set on:

AKP -> Bula
    Katoa -> Manu

as my first two trades. The question is just what (if anything) to do with the third trade. I'm tossing up between:

a) Loiero -> Lane/Olakuatu. Don't particularly want to sell Loiero now with more cash to make, but there's an opportunity here to upgrade to a R13 gun.
    b) Alamoti -> Drinkwater. Drinky's lost a ton of cash and looks a good underpriced shout for R13, probably time to move on from Alamoti.
    c) Alamoti -> Sipley. Sipley looks tempting if he keeps that role, averaging 46.5 when he's played 40-50 mins in the past. Another R13 option too.
    d) Talau -> Granville. Talau doesn't look like doing much even now he's back, clear out a dead spot and get a bit of cash gen going hopefully.

As always, would love any thoughts/input. Think I'm favoring B or D at this stage.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:31 am

Agree with B or D, Ola’kauatu probably makes Origin so would suck if selected

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:32 am

mrbrownstone wrote:I think I'm fairly set on:

AKP -> Bula
    Katoa -> Manu

as my first two trades. The question is just what (if anything) to do with the third trade. I'm tossing up between:

a) Loiero -> Lane/Olakuatu. Don't particularly want to sell Loiero now with more cash to make, but there's an opportunity here to upgrade to a R13 gun.
    b) Alamoti -> Drinkwater. Drinky's lost a ton of cash and looks a good underpriced shout for R13, probably time to move on from Alamoti.
    :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: c) Alamoti -> Sipley. Sipley looks tempting if he keeps that role, averaging 46.5 when he's played 40-50 mins in the past. Another R13 option too.
    d) Talau -> Granville. Talau doesn't look like doing much even now he's back, clear out a dead spot and get a bit of cash gen going hopefully.

As always, would love any thoughts/input. Think I'm favoring B or D at this stage.

I’d rank it
    D- B- A- C
    Get that dead spot making money buddy :ThumbsUp:
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:42 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I think I'm fairly set on:

AKP -> Bula
    Katoa -> Manu

c) Alamoti -> Sipley. Sipley looks tempting if he keeps that role, averaging 46.5 when he's played 40-50 mins in the past. Another R13 option too.

B or D

But slight preference for D

Think drink waters score could be an anomaly rather than what we should expect

Granville will make cash, and talau doesn’t seem to be making the team anytime soon
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 02, 2023 5:02 pm

Had a middling week last week, 851 was good enough to tread water basically (had a very small rank rise from (6490 to 6358). Trade ins all worked out well enough with Manu and Bula both delivering and 27 not being the end of the world for Granville.

As it stands I'll be lining up like this:

Cook
    Haas Tapine Ford
    Hosking Loiero
    Cleary SJ
    Manu Lemuelu
    Teddy Walsh Bula

Boyd Preston Cheese IKat

Niko Granville Alamoti Miller

Looking at two potential trade scenarios:

a) Preston to Horsburgh - I imagine that will be a fairly popular straight swap this week, with Preston looking like he's peaked, for now at least, and Hors providing good R13 coverage. Problem, of course, is how much I trust Ricky...

b) Cook + Preston to Robson + JDB - Probably going to do Cook to Robson in R13 anyway for bye coverage, so wonder if it's worth doing a bit early with Cook having a BE of 85 this week? Although Robson has a fairly high BE too so it probably all comes out in the wash. Also, JDB obviously has the role, but at the end of the day fantasy is about fun, and I'm not sure if cheering someone like him on to do well is my idea of fun.

I'd like to get rid of Alamoti too, but there's not exactly a ton of centre options around that price, and I'd need to move him to another centre or play 16 next week with Lemuelu on the bye.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 02, 2023 11:08 pm

This all looks good mate, can't see anything wrong in these trades
    Agree regarding Alamoti, for a cheapish player I still feel comfortable playing and will be handy next week for you with the bye

Like a poor mans Penisini/Tago looking back the past few years so feel he can fill a role for the short term
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 03, 2023 9:53 am

Just to confuse things a bit more, I'm also wondering if I skip Hors and just go Preston to Tatola/Luki and bank a bit of cash. Pretty keen on Luki tbh.
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Wed May 03, 2023 11:34 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Just to confuse things a bit more, I'm also wondering if I skip Hors and just go Preston to Tatola/Luki and bank a bit of cash. Pretty keen on Luki tbh.

I like both of them too. Almost want to grab both this week but they're both a tad risky injury wise.
    Ideally we wait a week on Luki to make sure his hammies aren't made of crème brulee, but his low BE makes it tough.

If you did Preston to one of them, you could do Alamoti to the other?
    Only issue is it'd leave you with no centre cover, but if you have a way to get Bird next week I'd probably be going for that.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 03, 2023 11:55 am

Stylebender wrote:

I like both of them too. Almost want to grab both this week but they're both a tad risky injury wise.
    Ideally we wait a week on Luki to make sure his hammies aren't made of crème brulee, but his low BE makes it tough.

If you did Preston to one of them, you could do Alamoti to the other?
    Only issue is it'd leave you with no centre cover, but if you have a way to get Bird next week I'd probably be going for that.

Yeah if I did Preston to Luki and Alamoti to Tatola I'd have 123k left in the bank, which should probably be enough to do Loiero to Bird next week.

That's food for thought...

I think I'm leaning towards just Preston to Luki and bank a bit of cash though, Tatola can probably wait a week.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 03, 2023 1:50 pm

Rabbits was saying in the main thread that Tatola's father died so maybe he'll be out this weekend anyway? Either way, I'd probably wait a week just to make sure his role etc is what you're looking for. Pull the trigger on Luki though, the BE lessens the risk tbh. If you're keen then jump on.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 03, 2023 3:07 pm

I wouldn’t be skipping horsbruh, 70 mins looks locked in, has fantasy relevant style and rd 13

That said you’ve been bullet dodging well and Ricky could always change horses role on a whim
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed May 03, 2023 4:08 pm

Not sure how many trades you have remaining but looks like a potential week for you to only do 1 trade.

Like Alamoti to Bula
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 03, 2023 4:29 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Not sure how many trades you have remaining but looks like a potential week for you to only do 1 trade.

Like Alamoti to Bula

24 left, have banked a few so far.

I think I've got it down to either Preston to Hors or Luki. Not as keen on Tatola with his high-ish BE and the news of his father dying, and trading Cook seems a bit hasty.

Pros of Luki: plays R13 and 16, leaves 177k in the bank for upgrading Loiero soon, avg 47 when he gets the mins in the second row, has more room to make cash than Hors, edge to edge doesn't throw off my squad balance.

Cons: Persistent injury worries.

Pros of Hors: Plays R13 and 19 (but will you want to hold that long?), higher ceiling than Luki, 70 min lock could be a must-have if he keeps the role

Cons: Ricky. Also leaves me slightly short at EDG with just Hosking, Loiero, and Ford, and no cash ITB for future upgrades.

I think I'm leaning Luki when I write it out like that...
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 10, 2023 10:36 am

R10 wrap

Had another solid week, with 982 taking me from 6,358 to 4,513. Steady rise continues after being absolutely nowhere early doors. Could have been even better if I'd just held Preston instead of getting Luki, but so be it. A rare trade that I got wrong on every level - selling Preston in the first place, not getting Hors, and getting Luki instead. Hope he can bounce back this week.

R11 team

This week I'm lining up as:

Cook
    Haas Tapine Cheese
    Hosking Loiero
    (C)leary SJ
    Manu Alamoti
    Miller Teddy Walsh

Boyd Bula Luki Ford

Granville IKat Nikorima Lemuelu

23 trades, 177k bank

Trades thoughts

Potential outs:

- Cook: been stinking it up and shedding cash for a few weeks now and a BE 75 this week, was always planning to trade him to Robson over Origin, so is it time to do it now? Then again, it feels like selling him at his lowest price at this point, and he's playing the Tigers this week, so will probably continue to hold.

- Ford: easy sell missing this week and then the buy, with a 43 BE now. Not worth holding just for R13.

- Alamoti: would like to sell, but not a lot of viable candidates that don't feel sideways.

- IKat: have seen a few people considering selling this week when he's on his bye, but feels like he still has good cash to make with a 16 BE, will be holding I think.

At this stage I'm just looking at selling Ford I think, the question is just to who? Can afford anyone up to 714k. At the moment I'm considering a shortlist of:

- Young
    - Robson
    - Bird
    - Horse
    - Tohu

I'm really tempted by Tohu tbh, think I'm leaning that way at this point but I'm torn, so would love everyone's thoughts.

If I make a second trade, I'm also considering Alamoti -> B Smith. Alamoti's price going in the wrong direction and Smith will obviously make cash short term. I think I've saved more trades than most so I can probably afford to a risk or two, but not really sure if this one is worth it. Can probably just wait a week and do Alamoti to Te Whare?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am