NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:Sounds like she will be looking at serious jailtime. What a fuck up

3 counts manslaughter.

she should be locked up for life tbh
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:01 am

my tv broke wrote:

3 counts manslaughter.

she should be locked up for life tbh

in nz she would get home detention because our legal system don't give a fuck about the victims of crime
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:23 am

I read on the news that R. Walsh & D. Fifita had a heated nightclub altercation & they had to be separated by security...sounds like walsh was the aggressor & he must have been drunk because who in their right mind would try to take on Fifita. He should give security a gift & a thank you for saving his ass.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:25 am

Cheapie alert for those of us making teams this early.

Alofiana Khan-Pereira (230k, WFB) - referred to henceforth as AKP

This young Titans winger did well in QCup last year (25 tries in 18 full games on the wing), but more importantly is base price and likely to get a starting wing spot for the following reasons:

* Corey Thompson has retired
    * Greg Marzhew has left for Newcastle
    * Patrick Herbert is injured until mid-season
    * Jojo Fifita has confirmed that he is training at centre only this pre-season and will be competing with Kelly and Schoupp for a centre spot
    * Brian Kelly is suspended until round 4, so there is almost no threat to AKP until then.

Likely Titans back five for the first 3 rounds:

1. Campbell
    2. AKP
    3. Schoupp
    4. Jojo Fifita
    5. Sami

With all this said, he probably won't be more than just a cash cow that you get rid of in a few weeks, his base is not great but he's base price and if he can cross the line, he'll make good money.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:02 am

Useful post, thanks @Bethany_B !

For my contribution, from where I'm sitting:

If you are considering a bathroom renovation this year?

It is critically important that you install a smart Japanese toilet.

Honestly, the life improving aspects of this are difficult to exaggerate. From a warm backside on a cold morning through to not cleaning up yourself like a peasant. Also it has tunes and lights and things and that's great.

Yes it's $4,000 and and maybe a bit more but think of it as an investment in never buying toilet paper again.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:04 am

To summarise: AKP in 19-21, Toto Neorest on your arse
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:32 am

Bethany_B wrote:Cheapie alert for those of us making teams this early.

This young Titans winger did well in QCup last year (25 tries in 18 full games on the wing), but more importantly is base price and likely to get a starting wing spot for the following reasons:

* Jojo Fifita has confirmed that he is training at centre only this pre-season and will be competing with Kelly and Schoupp for a centre spot
    * Brian Kelly is suspended until round 4, so there is almost no threat to AKP until then.

1. Campbell
    2. AKP
    3. Schoupp
    4. Jojo Fifita
    5. Sami

With all this said, he probably won't be more than just a cash cow that you get rid of in a few weeks, his base is not great but he's base price and if he can cross the line, he'll make good money.

Hearing that with Foran arriving, Brimson moves back to fullback.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:37 am

my tv broke wrote:

At the same time, the worst team ive seen all year.

Hope everyone has a great 2023, except Pookus, fuck that guy!

Flip Off
    These quips of yours hurt more back when you were good at fantasy football, water off a duck’s back these days
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:53 pm

Tesi Niu to the Phins, possible HTF implications?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:40 pm

Lchy wrote:Tesi Niu to the Phins, possible HTF implications?

Probably mostly impacts a guy like Te Whare
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:26 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

This sounds good in theory but this reliable source suggests that the force is waning and that you did not die of shame because of your ranking last year is a "plot hole" and "inconsistency" in the telling of the Fantasy Fanatics storyline.

This synopsis is a little harsh in my view but it appears Chewy that you certainly have your haters out there? Lets hope for a better outcome this year.

You have been misinformed that the Force is waning, although the dark side of the force is growing stronger...
    Neither is there shame in a low rank, there are rumours out there that suggest that I tanked to get back into party League 51 this season Shocked

Love,

Chewie (without a Y)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:37 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Useful post, thanks @Bethany_B !

For my contribution, from where I'm sitting:

If you are considering a bathroom renovation this year?

It is critically important that you install a smart Japanese toilet.

Honestly, the life improving aspects of this are difficult to exaggerate. From a warm backside on a cold morning through to not cleaning up yourself like a peasant. Also it has tunes and lights and things and that's great.

Yes it's $4,000 and and maybe a bit more but think of it as an investment in never buying toilet paper again.
    I can’t stand a warm toilet seat, just makes me think about the bare arse that was on there before me.
    On the bidet side of it I’d need to know how they adjust the temperature of the water. If it’s got a built in controller that’d be great but if a a standard style tap mixer what happens mid winter when mid spray up the clacker someone in the kitchen turns on the hot water and you end up with an icy spray instead?
    Heated towel racks a must though imo.

Happy new year all!
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:32 am

Krump wrote:
    I can’t stand a warm toilet seat, just makes me think about the bare arse that was on there before me.
    On the bidet side of it I’d need to know how they adjust the temperature of the water. If it’s got a built in controller that’d be great but if a a standard style tap mixer what happens mid winter when mid spray up the clacker someone in the kitchen turns on the hot water and you end up with an icy spray instead?
    Heated towel racks a must though imo.

Happy new year all!

I may have undersold 'warm' a little. It's more warm, tending, hot. I mean there's a warning label on it that says if you're old and sit here a long time, you can get severe burns. We're talking a really toasty warm buttock, and is there anything better? I don't think so.

Maybe the adjustable spray temperature from the internal reservoir, or the ability to change spray pressure, angle and set pulsating. The spray-from-front swing of which is remarkably popular with the female household members, for some reason.

Me? I'm a simple fellow who appreciates a cheap beer, warm arse, and having a Japanese robot softly pulse warm water on the ballsack before blowdrying it with technical precision.

The only real criticism is that standing up and walking away is so hard to do
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:40 am

Today I feel like posting in the manner of one of those people who comment on the compulsory NYD 'Best Hangover Cures' articles with a pithy, big and clever "I've always found the best cure for a hangover is not to drink in the first place (smarmy face emoji'....but I won't
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:16 am

Aardvark wrote:Today I feel like posting in the manner of one of those people who comment on the compulsory NYD 'Best Hangover Cures' articles with a pithy, big and clever "I've always found the best cure for a hangover is not to drink in the first place (smarmy face emoji'....but I won't

Are you trying to say forgot toilet paper, forget bidets, one should simply stop taking shits..?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:01 am

Is that Rabbits21 in the crowd at the Sixers game in the Souths jersey I keepseeing on TV ?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:46 pm

No Worries wrote:Is that Rabbits21 in the crowd  at the Sixers game in the Souths jersey I keepseeing on TV ?

A diehard Thunder fan like him would never be seen at a Sixers game
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:39 pm

On twitter this was posted this morning

The SC Whisperer
    @SCWhisperer

@talkingleague1
    H.Perham is taking first team reps at Fullback with j.Averillo training at right centre with B.Burns being
    run on the left. P.Alamoti is still raw, and carrying injuries.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:46 am

Bethany_B wrote:Cheapie alert for those of us making teams this early.

1. Campbell
    2. AKP
    3. Schoupp
    4. Jojo Fifita
    5. Sami

Who doesn't love a highlights package? Guy can move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzAtTjOCyvg
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:41 am

my tv broke wrote:

Are you trying to say forgot toilet paper, forget bidets, one should simply stop taking shits..?

Now all 'that' stuff is 24 carat content but I'm always tempted to say that the first week of Jan may be slightly early to slot a dark horse into your outside backs, then I remember that everyone has their own idea of fun so I should avoid being a miserable old killjoy kent

Happy New Year you reprobates cheer

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am