NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts!

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:39 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:

He’s been incredibly pro Madge this year…

Also, what's being reported how the sacking went down is not correct. But, media need the clicks. I'll Just say, that the person who fronted the media didn't make the call to sack Madge.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts!

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:14 am

Simon Templar wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:
    The above post makes it the perfect time to make it official considering Milchcow's posting of BE's for us for close to a decade, way before the Fantasy site itself made them available. That along with his Team Planner, which was ahead of it's time and ridiculously helpful putting teams together pre season.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we give you our 4th Immortal-Milchcow.

Thankyou for everything you have done here and on Sportal Milchy Very Happy

Milchcow wrote:
    Also, any praise on my spreadsheets has to go back to guys like ArsenDragon (for the team planner) and Teetotaller (for the BEs) as I borrowed very heavily from them when I started putting them together. And they were very happy and willing to share their knowledge with me when I was asking questions.

I think in many respects my stuff is outdated compared to stuff like footystats and yafss but happy if my stuff can help people

Hey SI. Does the forum really have an official list of "Immortals"?

If it does, then Milchy is a worthy 4th addition to the list. But who are the other three?

As per Milchy's comments above, I would have to assume that Arsendragon and Teetotaler would have to be the first two Immortals, for all the amazing stats work they did on Sportal BEFORE any of the official fantasy sites started publishing BE's and predicted price changes. Is my assumption correct?

Who would be the other Immortal?

DK - foundation member of the fantasy thread on Sportal, and one of the best NRL fantasy coaches in virtually all forms for over a decade?

Your good self (SI) - for holding Sportal together in it's last year, and for playing a major role in getting this replacement forum up and running?

Random - was it him who handled the technical aspects of setting up this forum?

Someone else - who I have over-looked?

Some deadset Sportal royalty there ST, along with yourself as a Fantasy thread founder and the bloke who introduced the Leagues/SUG back in 2010.  This is based on the Fanatics forum contributions, but as you know, we have a very even balance of posters from back then and now   Very Happy

We looked at using a similar rank-by-activity that Sportal had; so automating Newbie/Rookie/Member etc by post counts, but it had its challenges on this platform so haven't implemented it (the "challenges on this platform" being that I'm a lazy kent).

What we landed on was an objective post count/overall contribution.  So yes mate, we have an official Fanatics Immortals list and they have been inducted over the last 12 months:

1st Immortal: Welshy
    2nd Immortal: Wolfie
    3rd Immortal: MTB
    4th Immortal: Milchy

Pretty special list right there and a few due soon!
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:54 am

New goal for Toast - ensure he’s the 69th immortal!
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:20 am

Doing some side ways rnd 17 player to generate some cash and some pods to make the trades needed.

May - Garner
    Tago - bird
    Tevaga - Mahoney
    Kiraz - hunt
    3 trades left

Cook
    Yeo Haas Harris
    Angus ipap
    Cleary hunt
    Gardner bird
    Hynes ponga savage

Elliot Mahoney ming sexton

Rfm koala lee billy smith

Feels balanced enough without any real glaring weaknesses will use smith for a loop
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:25 am

manlybeaver wrote:Doing some side ways rnd 17 player to generate some cash and some pods to make the trades needed.

May - Garner
    Tago - bird
    Tevaga - Mahoney
    Kiraz - hunt
    3 trades left

Cook
    Yeo Haas Harris
    Angus ipap
    Cleary hunt
    Gardner bird
    Hynes ponga savage

Feels balanced enough without any real glaring weaknesses will use smith for a loop

I don't understand why people selling Panthers backs when they playing Knights Warriors Roosters Tigers next 4. They can easily outscore any player that plays extra game added in
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:31 am

Hope everyone's doing OK with covid/shitty weather in Aus atm. 3 weeks till I get back so will be watching Origin 1 & 2 overseas and keeping my team ticking over max trading during the origin affected rounds to make up some ground haha.

Thought i'd post a few links to (free) origin previews/data tools for anyone who's interested in draftstars/punting. We've got the draftstars thread where a few of us post from time to time but our content is done weekly.

Think either team wins by a try or less. Should be a cracking game! Love Murray, Hunt & Papalii FTS (34, 51 & 67 resp.) on Neds. Good luck if you get on Smile

Origin preview - https://wicky.ai/content/our-insights/your-edge-state-of-origin-1-preview-2022/
    Origin betting preview - https://wicky.ai/content/our-insights/state-of-origin-game-1-2022-punting-preview/
    Draftstars $40k preview - https://wicky.ai/content/our-insights/nrl-draftstars-state-of-origin-game-1-preview/

Try scorer odds comparison tool - https://wicky.ai/rugby-league/betting/
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:35 am

standard-issue wrote:

Some deadset Sportal royalty there ST, along with yourself as a Fantasy thread founder and the bloke who introduced the Leagues/SUG back in 2010.  This is based on the Fanatics forum contributions, but as you know, we have a very even balance of posters from back then and now   Very Happy

We looked at using a similar rank-by-activity that Sportal had; so automating Newbie/Rookie/Member etc by post counts, but it had its challenges on this platform so haven't implemented it (the "challenges on this platform" being that I'm a lazy kent).

What we landed on was an objective post count/overall contribution.  So yes mate, we have an official Fanatics Immortals list and they have been inducted over the last 12 months:

1st Immortal: Welshy
    2nd Immortal: Wolfie
    3rd Immortal: MTB
    4th Immortal: Milchy

Pretty special list right there and a few due soon!

Just wanted to say how much of a legend Milch is IRL too. When I started my sports tech company 2 years ago (now called Wicky & focusing on sports analytics) he offered to catch up in the city to do a podcast episode on his background with NRL Fantasy. Absolute legend and helped me kickstart the site when I barely had any ideas for content at the start. Thanks again Milch.

Here's the link to the episode for anyone interested!

https://anchor.fm/wickyai/episodes/Interview-with-Chris-from-NRL-Fantasy-Fanatics-ebkm4r
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:12 am

Cantbeatwinners wrote:congratulation milch on your immortal status, always been a massive help for many when sorting out their fantasy decisions.

My first read was 'family decisions'... and I thought 'woah' Milch wasn't there when I proposed !
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:33 am

Mulvy wrote:

I find it near impossible to trade out a bye player who is actually playing the bye. I wouldn't have traded Starling either. In fact I have him and I didn't  Evil or Very Mad . Absolutely trading him this week though. I have Cook and Robson though, just trying to determine if Mahoney nice to have or must have. Agree there's a little bit of value there potentially.

Think this is a bit of a blind spot of mine too. Might have been better off going to say Josh Jackson for some spare change
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:37 am

standard-issue wrote:

Madge and I pretty tight as well... Smile

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts! - Page 7 C7a41b10

That guy on the right somehow reminds me of Stew
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:37 am

Ilias to Nikora a reasonable punt?

Also just looked at Shaun Lane, couple of 60s on the bounce with no tries playing 80

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:47 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:

Just wanted to say how much of a legend Milch is IRL too. When I started my sports tech company 2 years ago (now called Wicky & focusing on sports analytics) he offered to catch up in the city to do a podcast episode on his background with NRL Fantasy. Absolute legend and helped me kickstart the site when I barely had any ideas for content at the start. Thanks again Milch.

Here's the link to the episode for anyone interested!

https://anchor.fm/wickyai/episodes/Interview-with-Chris-from-NRL-Fantasy-Fanatics-ebkm4r

Blast from the past that podcast episode, awesome.
    toast
    toast

Post by toast Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:51 am

Daedalus wrote:New goal for Toast - ensure he’s the 69th immortal!

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 54 - Hail the Cow! No.4 in the charts, number 1 in our hearts! - Page 7 Giphy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:55 am

Cotter's partner is due to give birth this week. Might impact him backing up
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:58 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Cotter's partner is due to give birth this week. Might impact him backing up

He most likely won't play is what I'm reading everywhere. Will miss birth only for Origin game
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:26 am

manlybeaver wrote:Doing some side ways rnd 17 player to generate some cash and some pods to make the trades needed.

May - Garner
    Tago - bird
    Tevaga - Mahoney
    Kiraz - hunt
    3 trades left

Cook
    Yeo Haas Harris
    Angus ipap
    Cleary hunt
    Gardner bird
    Hynes ponga savage

Hunt won't play 17? But if you want him as your half to see out the season then go for it

May to Garner when May is against some sub-parr edges in the coming month? Garner isn't a guarantee at centre or 2rf, especially with the tigers shambles now.

Tago to Bird,  seems sideways.  But if you're looking for a cash increase then it's still not great or certain, but better than the above options.

Tevaga to Mahoney is pretty solid. Tevaga has lost his minutes due to the return of Tofu and now Curran, as well as Egan and Lussick.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:33 am

Revraiser wrote:

My first read was 'family decisions'... and I thought 'woah' Milch wasn't there when I proposed !

My DMs are always open
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:35 am

mickspicks wrote:

Hunt won't play 17? But if you want him as your half to see out the season then go for it

Why won't Hunt play rd17?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:40 am

Mulvy wrote:

Why won't Hunt play rd17?

He's the current QLD starting hooker
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:43 am

Does Starling and Butcher to Bird and DBrown seem
    sideways? Only halves are Hynes,Cleary and Burton but getting Mulitalo in a single trade is tempting to leave my WFB as Hynes,Manu and Mulitalo

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm