NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 33 - The return of the Hurrelcane, plus beans means HYNES

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 33 - The return of the Hurrelcane, plus beans means HYNES - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 33 - The return of the Hurrelcane, plus beans means HYNES

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 am

Johns talks about taking the hit up in the middle after going wide killing the momentum. That is what continually happened to Sharks in the 2nd half. The ball would go wide right, then come back to the middle, where they would just hit the ball up, instead of getting it wide with swift passing to the left edge that worked so well in the 1st half.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 33 - The return of the Hurrelcane, plus beans means HYNES - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 33 - The return of the Hurrelcane, plus beans means HYNES

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 am

easytiger wrote:

Sorry, what price did they pay?
    About 40 in points differential
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:21 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Sharks stopped going left because they stopped winning in the middle. Manly with the wind at their back, some line speed in defence and momentum kept winning the ruck

Some people would benefit from learning something about football rather than assuming that something worked in the first half so it will automatically work in the second

This video of Matty Johns explaining how you have to earn the right to go wide is a good start

https://streamable.com/sq4ca8
    outstanding, thanks for sharing.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:22 am

Welshy wrote:

Just take the Hundy and move on son.
    I wish I could be taking the hundy.
    Pong-dong better be worth it.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am

mattnz wrote:Johns talks about taking the hit up in the middle after going wide killing the momentum. That is what continually happened to Sharks in the 2nd half. The ball would go wide right, then come back to the middle, where they would just hit the ball up, instead of getting it wide with swift passing to the left edge that worked so well in the 1st half.

Because the ball would go wide right, Manly would dominate the ruck and Sharks would have a slow play the ball....
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    I wish I could be taking the hundy.
    Pong-dong better be worth it.

Can’t win them all mate.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:26 am

Welshy wrote:

Crichton be in origin for sure mate

Haas Paulo
    Murray Yeo Frizell

Bench forwards options of Klemmer, Saifiti, Martin, Radley, Jurbo, Sims, Angus himself and probably few more I'm overlooking

Probably will play origin, but definitely not a certainty. Wouldn't at all be surprised if Freddy went with the forward pack I posted above, plus a bench of Papy, Martin, Saifiti and Sims/Radley (maybe even start Sims/Martin and have Murray come off the bench playing middle)
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:29 am

He scores 2 tries and didn't even make 50. Sounds like a standard winger game to me.

Is he going to score 50 tries this season to ?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:29 am

Snatchpato wrote:

Haas Paulo
    Murray Yeo Frizell

Bench forwards options of Klemmer, Saifiti, Martin, Radley, Jurbo, Sims, Angus himself and probably few more I'm overlooking

Probably will play origin, but definitely not a certainty. Wouldn't at all be surprised if Freddy went with the forward pack I posted above, plus a bench of Papy, Martin, Saifiti and Sims/Radley (maybe even start Sims/Martin and have Murray come off the bench playing middle)

Finucane probably in the mix too
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:29 am

robelgordo wrote:Missed the game due to a migraine - Talakai obviously an insane stats line, and those who got him at any point over the last month have been rewarded for a great punt. Great play, wish I’d done the same.

Can’t say I’m seeing the worth in Mulitalo. A winger costing 576k making a 2-try 47.

Realistically though, Tracey was due back Rd 6 and Talakai hit the money-making score in Rd 4. Prior to that he scored 37 with a try at SR and coming off 2021 with a string of sub 30 scores.

Trading him in for Rd 5 was largely motivated by the -10 BE and facing Tigers, hoping he could cash in there and then manage some 30s off the bench to hopefully make the 150k.

Trading in before Rd 6, it's unknown if he gets CTR and he's not a keeper without it. Unfortunately for most, he hits the equal 2nd highest score of his career at that point, against the Storm of all teams and suddenly he's 559k, priced at 40 and most people already have at least 2 CTRs hitting keeper averages.

Turned out worthwhile after that score and looks capable of averaging 40+ even without it if he holds the spot. I think a few will take the money and run in a few weeks though. Not gonna average 50+ and price will be at a point where he facilitates some real guns.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:32 am

Got back from indoor last night that to the scores from that game, decided to let the extreme saltiness subside before reading the forum or commenting. Now I’m only quite salty (still didn’t read the last thread) but I imagine the forum exchange was gracious and magnanimous on both sides of the coin, yes?

Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:33 am

Considering a throw at the stumps with TMM

Has good JS if he puts in a reasonable effort.

Biggest obstacle is his coach

Last edited by Khany on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:38 am

Talakai vs Staggs will be an interesting watch next week. I remember the last time Talakai marked up against Staggs, Staggs had a field day scoring two tries and Talakai wasnt seen in the ctrs for the rest of the season.
    I remember this because I had a gut feel Staggs would dominate given Talakai was a backrower playing out of position, but I ended up not trading Staggs in only to watch him score 80 odd points.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:39 am

mattnz wrote:
    About 40 in points differential

So the Sharks won by 12, so you're saying it cost them a further 40 points and they should've won 52-0, 58-6, 64-12? something like that?

If only they had just keep going left?
    It dismisses the fact that the opposition has involvement in the game, that Manly didn't make a personnel change to their right edge, that Manly didn't adapt at all to what was happening with the momentum in the game - that Manly weren't more aggressive in their contact and didn't try to own the middle in the second half.

FWIW I don't think coaches give two shits about points differential until pretty much the last match of the regular season in the rare instance it actually matters. Coaches care about getting 2 points, they care about their defensive structures and efforts, their intensity and their ability to stick to the processes that they train for outside of the game.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:40 am

Aardvark wrote:Got back from indoor last night that to the scores from that game, decided to let the extreme saltiness subside before reading the forum or commenting. Now I’m only quite salty (still didn’t read the last thread) but I imagine the forum exchange was gracious and magnanimous on both sides of the coin, yes?

As far as I can tell, the TLDR is that Matt traded out Hynes and Pappy for Mulitalo and Cleary, so currently is 31pts to the worse on the first half of that trade - won't know til Monday how the other half pans out.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:40 am

WT Winfield wrote:Not gonna average 50+ and price will be at a point where he facilitates some real guns.

I don't think this comment will age well. Currently averaging 74 in 4 games at CTR. Could drop his average by 20 points and still be over 50 as the highest scoring CTR all season.

He is playing like 2021 Turbo, which continued all season. Under last season's scoring he would be averaging in the 80s.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

As far as I can tell, the TLDR is that Matt traded out Hynes and Pappy for Mulitalo and Cleary, so currently is 31pts to the worse on the first half of that trade - won't know til Monday how the other half pans out.

The trade is:
    - Hynes > Cleary
    - Papy > Mulitalo

No point comparing it the other way.

If Sharks keep attacking left as expected, Hynes gets more 40s than 70s and Mulitalo hits a 50 average.

Last edited by mattnz on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 am

Man, that was a wild game last night lol.

Sorry probably been spoken about a bit, but I missed it. Are most people happy with Edrick's JS? Now that Koula looks OK for a spot thinking of Walters to Edrick rather than letting him rot. The 30 odd is a good start, but a couple of tough games coming up could be a single-digit score, so needs a good run in the team.

My thoughts are even when Young comes back (who is also pretty shit) Edrick is ahead of the other 2 fullas anyway.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:43 am

mattnz wrote:

The trade is:
    - Hynes > Cleary
    - Papy > Mulitalo

No point comparing it the other way.

Fishing
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:44 am

Aardvark wrote:Got back from indoor last night that to the scores from that game, decided to let the extreme saltiness subside before reading the forum or commenting. Now I’m only quite salty (still didn’t read the last thread) but I imagine the forum exchange was gracious and magnanimous on both sides of the coin, yes?

Best way to put it is that the Sharks did what they did in 40 mins, clocked off after. I dont see the negatives at all, in my time watching league it happens more often than not. A team dominates for a large period of a game, and then they don't.

People seem to want to bring down the Sharks as not top 4, when they have looked clear top 3. Easily. You have to watch the games atleast, scorelines mean nothing.

As for magnanimous, nice word, could be first time used on the forum. It also feels like some want Muli and Talakai to fail, like punts and out of the box picks are devilish ideas.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:51 am