NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 1338
    Join date : 2019-02-27
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by FalconSloth Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:06 am

    If you wanted to trade two of these out who would you trade out? without considering price.

    Uto, Bullemor, Mann, Ilias, Nanai and Vailea
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 6158
    Reputation : 3922
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Age : 38
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:07 am

    The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Well said Boozecluez.
    By the way the Fantasy theme is strong with this one.
    Were you a D&D geek as a teenager? 
    I have many fond memories of staying up till all hours over the weekend with my three best mates playing D&D and talking shite.

    #predigitalrevolution
    #oldfart

    Haha cheers
    I grew up on a farm and played rugby and cricket growing up so no dnd here but watched nrl on tv on a Sunday arvo
    Heroquest was probably the closest as never had the money or patience for something like warhammer even if it looked cool. Diablo and other games though
    Now we get older we have less time and more money and seems like the nostalgia is running on overdrive with everything. Perhaps we long for when the world was simpler

    Anyways bring back old retro jerseys permanently I reckon
    Typical 90s kid really,
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20666
    Reputation : 12598
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:09 am

    FalconSloth wrote:If you wanted to trade two of these out who would you trade out? without considering price.

    Uto, Bullemor, Mann, Ilias, Nanai and Vailea

    if not considering price you'd clearly keep Uto out of those - he is the best scorer

    Vailea would definitely go as he isn't playing and doesn't have amazing prospects when he comes back

    Then pick whichever of the other 4 you think has the worst scoring potential. I'd probably drop Bullemor or Mann. I think Ilias and Nanai have the best chance of picking up their scoring
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 6158
    Reputation : 3922
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Age : 38
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:10 am

    Some good rivalry matches this week, bring it on

    Sharks v dragons
    Roosters v Bunnies
    Broncos v NQ



    bigbruno
    bigbruno

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 591
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by bigbruno Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:12 am

    FalconSloth wrote:If you wanted to trade two of these out who would you trade out? without considering price.

    Uto, Bullemor, Mann, Ilias, Nanai and Vailea

    For me Uto and either Vailea or Ilias out.

    Uto is going to drop cash and looks like a flop, other two are close. I think Ilias needs time, whereas Vailea may not get the spot back off arthars
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 1338
    Join date : 2019-02-27
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by FalconSloth Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:15 am

    My biggest problem is that I know that Mann and Uto have the potential of being keepers and the others could easily average 45 from here on out, other than Vailea
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13203
    Reputation : 4229
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by mattnz Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:19 am

    Milchcow wrote:

    if not considering price you'd clearly keep Uto out of those - he is the best scorer

    Vailea would definitely go as he isn't playing and doesn't have amazing prospects when he comes back

    Then pick whichever of the other 4 you think has the worst scoring potential. I'd probably drop Bullemor or Mann. I think Ilias and Nanai have the best chance of picking up their scoring
    So far Mann is scoring better, getting consistent big minutes, costs less and has been playing injured, which impacted his scoring this week, so he has definite upside potential.  
    This is the first week that Tigers have all their MIDs available with Tamou back. If Uto was going to break out in a big minute role, it was going to happen before now.


    Last edited by mattnz on Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13624
    Reputation : 8289
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:20 am

    Wishing you a stellar birthday @standard-issue cheer

    Beer
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 1338
    Join date : 2019-02-27
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by FalconSloth Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:22 am

    With Leo Thompson what is the expectation for him? Klemmer back in round 5. Seems like a bit of trap but I didn't watch the game so I'd like to know what others thoughts on him are
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

    Posts : 2562
    Reputation : 1191
    Join date : 2020-03-12
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:24 am

    Split between Yeo and Curran. Some points for both:

    Yeo
    - Benefiting atm with no Cleary meaning big minutes and work-rate. Injuries to Leota and JFH also benefiting
    - Once Cleary returns, likely loses his 80 minutes? Last year averaged 63 minutes for a 50 average
    - Likely to get rested at points during the year and will miss games due to Origin
    - Big scorer right now but likely to regress once Cleary is back and reduced minutes so may require a trade later

    Curran
    - In top form
    - Big minutes and roles in games with Harris out injured until Round 8 to 9?
    - Even when Harris returns, assume Curran goes back to an edge role where he averaged 56 last year
    - DPP and plays first bye
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 14977
    Reputation : 4604
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:25 am

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I'm going either Mahoney or Crichton to Starling with that trade. If Crichton is benched he goes, if he starts Mahoney goes

    I would be doing the same thing if I didn’t already own Starling.

    If Crichton goes it has too be for another MID unfortunately due to some rather low stocks. Can’t run Bully, Mann and Ming with Leniu/Thompson as back up.

    What do you think of Walker as a fantasy asset?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12681
    Reputation : 3959
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by White Lightning Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:26 am

    @ SI happy b'day bro have a great day
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13203
    Reputation : 4229
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by mattnz Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am

    FalconSloth wrote:My biggest problem is that I know that Mann and Uto have the potential of being keepers and the others could easily average 45 from here on out, other than Vailea
    Dont see it at all for Bully. On his best day, with 80 minutes due to HIA to Lawton he only scored 48 including a try.
    Aloiai is due back, as is Schuster soon. May not even make the bench at full strength. Lawton is locked in, as will Aloiai and Walker has been great off the bench. He will be competing with Paseka and Davey for the last bench spot.
    The chances of him averaging 45 are slim to none, without a number of injuries, and even then it is a stretch on form.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13203
    Reputation : 4229
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by mattnz Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:31 am

    FalconSloth wrote:With Leo Thompson what is the expectation for him? Klemmer back in round 5. Seems like a bit of trap but I didn't watch the game so I'd like to know what others thoughts on him are
    Our resident physio is saying more likely round 6. He looks set for a bench spot anyway, with Klemmer back and likely has a negative BE then.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 8584
    Reputation : 5243
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 29

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:32 am

    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

    I would be doing the same thing if I didn’t already own Starling.

    If Crichton goes it has too be for another MID unfortunately due to some rather low stocks. Can’t run Bully, Mann and Ming with Leniu/Thompson as back up.

    What do you think of Walker as a fantasy asset?

    Round 19 and 21 last year tell me Walker isn't as locked in to big minutes as some think

    When Manly are playing front foot ball having an extra play maker on the field is great. When they are being dominated through the ruck they will need an extra big bopper in the middle

    I think Walker probably averages somewhere in the 30s which makes him a little bit of value but probably not enough for 2 trades
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12681
    Reputation : 3959
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by White Lightning Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:32 am

    Shady2K wrote:Split between Yeo and Curran. Some points for both:

    Yeo
    - Benefiting atm with no Cleary meaning big minutes and work-rate. Injuries to Leota and JFH also benefiting
    - Once Cleary returns, likely loses his 80 minutes? Last year averaged 63 minutes for a 50 average
    - Likely to get rested at points during the year and will miss games due to Origin
    - Big scorer right now but likely to regress once Cleary is back and reduced minutes so may require a trade later

    Curran
    - In top form
    - Big minutes and roles in games with Harris out injured until Round 8 to 9?
    - Even when Harris returns, assume Curran goes back to an edge role where he averaged 56 last year
    - DPP and plays first bye

    I don't know how Cleary back affects Yeo's mins as he's not a forward. Sure his role may change but this has no relationship to his minutes. The 2 big minute players in the pack are JFH & Yeo. I can see Yeo have a bit of a rest if JFH plays 80 mins in the odd game but he suffered a shoulder problem in round 2 so I think he will be the one to lose mins not Yeo.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 6158
    Reputation : 3922
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Age : 38
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:33 am

    Happy Birthday SI, ready for your page 51 birthday party?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13624
    Reputation : 8289
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:36 am

    FalconSloth wrote:With Leo Thompson what is the expectation for him? Klemmer back in round 5. Seems like a bit of trap but I didn't watch the game so I'd like to know what others thoughts on him are

    - Round 5 for Klemmer is a bit optimistic, he had a cartilage tear that requires surgery. The Knights expect him to miss “a few weeks”, with the usual return to play range of 3-6 weeks.
    - Fitzgibbon out with a suspected MCL issue TBC
    - It looks like Leo is ahead of Croker & Momoisea in the pecking order so he's expected to get the 30-40 mins for the next period of time.
    - He passes the eye-test, he looked solid last game

    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13624
    Reputation : 8289
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:37 am

    Boozecluez wrote:Happy Birthday SI, ready for your page 51 birthday party?

    I thought we were celebrating LEO
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

    Posts : 2562
    Reputation : 1191
    Join date : 2020-03-12
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

    Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 am

    White Lightning wrote:

    I don't know how Cleary back affects Yeo's mins as he's not a forward. Sure his role may change but this has no relationship to his minutes. The 2 big minute players in the pack are JFH & Yeo. I can see Yeo have a bit of a rest if JFH plays 80 mins in the odd game but he suffered a shoulder problem in round 2 so I think he will be the one to lose mins not Yeo.

    Main concern with Yeo is the high chance for restings around Origin and towards finals etc

    Long time ahead but it's a headache whenever it does come around. Also playing fixtures isn't everything but Warriors up against Tigers this weekend... Curran could score a double lol

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:31 am