NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

THIS IS THE YEAR~! (robelgordo tracker)

robelgordo
    robelgordo

THIS IS THE YEAR~! (robelgordo tracker) - Page 2 Empty Re: THIS IS THE YEAR~! (robelgordo tracker)

Post by robelgordo Thu May 26, 2022 9:37 am

R11 RECAP

Randall
    King Haas King
    Angus Nanai
    Cleary(c) Ilias
    Crichton Aitken
    Hynes Teddy Turbo

Starling Clark Robson Schneider
    Walters Peoples Koula Vailea

892pts, OR 12,877

PROS: didn't cost myself 1700 places and 50 pts with a loop fuckup

CONS: Trent Peoples. I knew it was a trap. Was saying I would get Kiraz all week. Then when Kiraz was at wing rather than centre I lost faith and went trap. Big mistake. Will get Kiraz this week at 64k more, and probably waste a 2nd trade getting Peoples out down the track.

Other trade was Robson, which is fine.

This week - building a bank, before 3-4 trades in R13. Then settle it down for a bit, maybe.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

THIS IS THE YEAR~! (robelgordo tracker) - Page 2 Empty Re: THIS IS THE YEAR~! (robelgordo tracker)

Post by robelgordo Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:31 pm

A bit late on the update here

R12 RECAP

Robson
    King Haas King
    Angus Nanai
    Cleary(c) Sexton
    Crichton Aitken
    Hynes Teddy Kiraz

Starling Clark Ilias Koula*
    Peoples Walters Schneider Vailea

853pts, OR 12,611

Treaded water on ranks

Trades were Randall to Sexton (good, especially with injury limited minutes and thankfully not serious) and Turbo to Kiraz (Kiraz in one week after I should have for a lot less points…)

Spoiler for R13: 3 trades and 12 players
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:02 pm

R13 RECAP

Robson
    MKing Harris(c)
    Angus RFM
    Sexton
    Aitken Koula
    Manu Kiraz

Starling Clark
    Cleary Hynes Haas Teddy Nanai Schneider Walters Peoples Vailea

603pts, OR 8,723

A little bit surprised to gain nearly 4k ranks.

Only 12 players - after originally planning for 14-15 - and an unexpectedly poor captain choice.

Probably shows how many play just H2H or don't bye plan at all.

3 trades were:
    IN: Harris (c), Manu, RFM
    OUT: JKing, Critta, Ilias

Decided against Vailea to Savage - hindsight says maybe I should have. But with lack of trades I kinda want to cash him out to someone who is guaranteed to stick around all season if I can.

Was also tempted to bail on Teddy, but didn't for the lack of trade reasons. I think if you had enough spare you could make it work through.

Last edited by robelgordo on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:24 am

R14 RECAP

Robson
    Haas Ming McInnes
    Angus RFM
    (C)leary Sexton
    Aitken Koula
    Teddy Hynes Manu

Harris Clark Moses Vailea
    Mam Kiraz Walters Peoples

909pts, OR 8686

One of those weeks where the forum dominated, but despite seemingly scoring 50-150 less than everyone still held position (up 37 pending lockout lifting updates)

Trades were:
    Nanai -> McInnes
    Starling -> Mam
    Scheider -> Moses (was goign to be DBrown, but moonboot fears)

Pretty happy with all 3

Looped Mam over Kiraz, which actually turned out to be wrong. I could've got both actually, if I'd started Peoples over RFM and used Vailea to move him down.

Who would've thought the coin goats would go off like this?

R15 EARLY THOUGHTS

Relieved Haas looks like he'll play on, and with all the coin goats firing, only 3 possible sells are
    Vailea - too cheap, useful red dot
    Peoples - too cheap, useful red dot, maybe plays 17?
    Clark - peaked but shouldn't lose too much value

Early thought is hold fire. See what happens with the internationals and Origin 2, then look to get Papy or a fallen gun for Clark + 226k in the kitty
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Updated to 910 and up 12 places woooo
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:41 pm

R15 RECAP

Robson
    Haas Ming McInnes
    Angus RFM
    (C)leary Sexton
    Manu Koula
    Teddy Hynes Kiraz

Harris Moses Mam Vailea
    Walters Clark Aitken Peoples

895pts, OR 9060

No trades and lost about 500 places
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:56 pm

R16 RECAP

Robson
    Haas Ming McInnes
    Angus RFM
    (C)leary Moses
    Aitken Koula
    Teddy Hynes Manu

Hughes Barnett Harris Kiraz
    Mam Walters Kennedy Vailea

915pts, OR 8220

Trades:
    Sexton to Hughes, Clark to Barnett, Peoples to Kennedy

Also used Vailea to get Koula score, which was nice

R17 going HARD, 4 trades likely
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:36 am

R17 RECAP

Walters
    Cheese McInnes Barnett
    iPap Frizell
    Hughes(c) Moses
    -
    Papy Kennedy

Mam

Cleary Hynes Robson Teddy Manu Crichton Aitken Koula RFM Vailea

603pts, OR 4,921

This was good. Captain Hughes didn't totally work but still probably my best round of the (admittedly crappy) season.

Max traded with:
    IN: iPap, Papy, Frizell, Cheese
    OUT: Haas, MKing, Harris, Kiraz

Don't have a lot of room to move until R20, so sweating Origin and the late mail this week. Vailea means I have a 20 player squad, Cleary and Cheese is down to 18 already...
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:49 am

R18 RECAP

Robson
    iPap McInnes Crichton
    RFM Frizell
    Hughes Moses
    Manu Aitken
    Papy Hynes(c) Teddy

Barnett Koula Walters Kennedy
    Matamua Cleary Cheese Vailea

893pts, OR 5,259

I'm obviously used to bad rounds, but this one sucked

Pretty solid scores on Friday night, then Manu time and I'm knocking on the door for the top 3000. Realistically probably wasn't going to get there but an overall rank starting with a '3' doable. Then everything went wrong

- Barnett and Friz
    - no DCE
    - didn't see Friz injury until after Titans/Broncos lockout. Stuck with Mam to Matamua trade
    - went Mam over Walters so I could afford Cheese -> Grant. But with Friz injury didn't do trade. Walters 26 pts worse and lost cash
    - Matamua benched, another terrible cashout. Other option Booth went really well
    - Hughes scoring 40 with 2 very close no tries
    - Papy injury means I now just choose which of my multiple problems to address with the 1 R19 trade I have
    - No Mitchell

Anyway, lost about 300 places and we go again

For R19, Papy to Douiehi or Mitchell, leaning toward the former.

Then probably using 2-3 of the 4 extra trades in R20 and hoping for the best coming home as per usual lol
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:16 am

R19 RECAP

Robson
    iPap McInnes Crichton
    RFM Frizell
    Cleary(c) Moses
    Koula Aitken
    Hynes Teddy Doueihi

Barnett Hughes Kennedy
    Manu Walters Matamua Cheese Vailea

835pts, OR 6,428

Oof. Imagine trading Mam to Matamua so you could afford Grant as last trade/hooker cover, but then Friz gets injured but you don't see early enough to reverse that cashout trade but early enough to not go through with the second, then Papy gets injured, then Friz lives but Manu gets injured, then Matamua is dropped, oh and Walters the guy you should've traded instead of Mam especially if you'd known the Grant trade wouldn't happen gets injured, so you have 16 and it's not even a good 16 and lose 1200ish ranks.

Anyway, this week probably trade out 2 of my unavailable guys (likely Koula and RFM, although I really want to cut Walters) to two available guys that offer some significant upside. And hold the other two trades for now.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:09 am

R20 RECAP

Robson
    iPap McInnes Crichton
    Barnett Frizell
    Cleary(c) Moses
    Manu Aitken
    Hynes Teddy Doueihi

Butcher Hughes Kennedy Walters
    RFM Matamua Cheese Vailea

835pts, OR 6,526

Captain Cleary and with the Moses injury too reversed a 2nd trade (Koula to Butcher already happened), meaning I played Kennedy and Walters. All things considered, happy to stay in the mid 6000s. Hopefully can push on in the next few weeks.

Tentative plans:
    Cleary + Moses to Burton + someone, ideally Cook, but team balance might mean DCE or Murray. One trade to go after that
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:35 pm

R21 RECAP

Robson
    iPap McInnes Crichton
    Butcher Friz
    Munster Hughes
    Burton Aitken
    Hynes(c) Tedesco Douiehi

Manu Barnett Cheese RFM
    Walters Moses Matamua Vailea

1019pts, OR 6,425

Cracked four-figures... but so did everyone else. Rank pretty stagnant

Trades were:
    Cleary to Burton
    Kennedy to Munster

Both fine, but I did consider blowing the last trade as well and going:
    Cleary to Burton
    Kennedy to Murray
    Moses to DBrown

Which is 50-ish more points and better coverage for Hughes/Barnett getting added to the injured list

As it is, will either play both Vailea and Walters this week or use last trade of Barnett to someone not as good as DBrown. What a season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:32 am

Double Update!
    (forgot last week)

R22 - 1012pts, OR 6030
    No trades
    Moses, Hughes, Barnett, Matamua red dots. So played Walters and Vailea, who both managed 30s

R23 - 1060pts, OR 5261
    No trades
    Barnett, Matamua and Friz red dots. Friz late out meant playing Walters. I'd actually looped 19/20/21 with Vailea to get the highest scoring 18th man in case of outs.

Things heading back in the right direction, almost back to the R17 rank.

One trade left, first time in my 4 seasons playing I've had one this late because planning is not my strength. Assuming same three red dots, I should be able to look at both Walters and Vailea as 17th option, and could trade Barnett or Friz to a better player if they both go bad. Most likely hold though. Will see.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:31 pm

Coming home strong but too late to really matter!

R24 - 928pts, OR 4756
    No trades. Walters looped over Vailea (Mata, Barnett, Aitken red dots). Munster worst scorer for the week is unexpected.

1 trade left and no Panthers, don't want to jinx it but would love to field 17 and move to low 4000s. While I've had better seasons than this, I've never improved ranks in the last round before, so fingers crossed!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:56 pm

R25 - 898pts, OR 4151
    Got the low 4000s and actually could’ve been better.

Plan was to trade Barnett to anyone 634k, but both my loop players (RFM and Walters) went ok so held Barnett to play both.

So far so good.

That meant last trade was Friz out - who only scored 20. Also good

But I gambled on Ikavalu, who scored 17. So a -3 net result. And to make it worse, in the 12 mins he was off for HIA his replacement scored 21 with a try

If I’d used the last trade to put in another red dot I get Vailea for +16. Sums up the season really.

In a couple of days will post something looking at trades and see if there are any lessons here. I think a lot for me was poor starting team though (ie no Hynes)
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:27 am

A LONG POST LOOKING AT MY SQUAD AND TRADES

Or maybe posts.

Going to try and follow each squad position e.g. I had Haas and he became iPap. I think this might work better than just looking at trades in iso, or it could be a mess, will find out. Hoping writing this way, I learn stuff. I doubt anyone else is following the travails of the guy who came 4000th lol

Doing it in initial price order

Haas, R1-16: played 13, avg 57.5, 106k loss
    iPap, R17-25: played 9, avg 62.4

Maybe the only premium player slot I got right. Only mistake with Haas was captaining Mahoney over him the first two weeks. Jumped off at R17/SoO3 - I think he was injured. Can't complain with the switch to iPap

Mahoney, R1-3: played 3, avg 44.3, 63k loss
    Johnson, R4-7: played 4, avg 36.3, 3k loss
    Tuilagi, R8-10: played 3, avg 35.7, 63k gain
    Peoples, R11-15: played 1, scored 34, 45k gain
    Kennedy, R16-20: played 5, avg 27.4, 93k gain
    Burton, R21-25: played 5, avg 38.6

Cook v Mahoney is a shocker, cost points/trades/team value.
    Johnson is a shocker - a bit of a silly punt (I could've got Cotter instead).
    Tuilagi a 2nd time is a shocker.
    Peoples as a cashout is a shocker.
    Kennedy is ok I guess, until the shock send off
    Burton just as he scores like shit again is a shocker.

Mitchell, R1-5: played 4, avg 34, 80k loss
    Hynes, R6-25: played 18, avg 69.7

So I had Hynes, but then traded him to a suspended Mitchell to get 50ish from Crichton. My rationale at the time was they will both me 50-ish average players. Oops. Bad judgment. By R6 it was a $300k team value swing, plus all the points foregone. Definitely a season destroyer. Don't be cute next time is the lesson here.

Papenhuyzen, R1-9: played 9, avg 55, 120k gain
    Turbo, R10-11: played 2, avg 28, 90k loss
    Sexton, R12-15: played 4, avg 42, 94k gain
    Hughes, R16-25: played 8, avg 46.3

Papy was a no brainer, until injured. It was Turbo v Burton, got that wrong. Then Sexton v Burton, albeit way more expensive Burton, and got that wrong. Hughes was ok I guess, thought never really had that massive fantasy game and missed a couple with injuries.

Burton, R1-6: played 6, avg 41.1, 6k loss
    Cleary R7-20: played 11, avg 62.1, 149k loss
    Munster R21-25: played 5, avg 67.2

In isolation Burton to Cleary is solid, but hindsight says I needed to find another way. Even more hindsight says if I'd had Hynes from the start I could've got Cleary in R6 for Latrell. Also more on Burton later. Cleary's average wrecked by scoring a 1. Munster a good replacement.

Uto, R1-2: played 2, avg 33.5, 15k loss
    King, R3-16: played 14, avg 43.6, 285k gain
    Cheese, R17-25: played 6, avg 52.2

I forgot Uto was a thing, if he gets fit he might be value again R1 next year. King was great, better late than never. Cheese ok - an enabler for other trades that averaged 50+. Could've done without the 3 week suspension

Aitken, R1-25: played 21, avg 47.5
    Oh look I got something right from the start

So this is my 7 most expensive players, and I've made 14 trades, about half  of them are early, before even bye round considerations. Lots of lost points and cash.

Rest of the team to follow.

Last edited by robelgordo on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:03 pm

Wilton, R1-6: played 5, avg 49.4, 132k gain
    Roberts, R7-8: DNP
    Koula, R9-19: played 10, avg 36.6, 254k gain
    Butcher, R20-25: played 6, avg 56.3

James Roberts LOLOLOLOL

TBF I'd sold Burton/Wilton to Cleary plus (anyone cheap). And Roberts was cheap. Take out 2021 and he was value. Unfortunately his back was crocked and it wasn't known until after it all locked. Koula was only a late in after it all locked too. Anyway wasting 1 trade only thing wrong with this series. Wilton and Koula good playable cows and good ending with Butcher scores reflected by increasing in value by 160k over the 6 weeks.

Mann, R1-7: played 7, avg 44.6, 122k gain
    Tedesco, R8-25: played 16, avg 58.6

I remember Mann being a frustrating hold but did ok. Tedesco at 619k a no brainer, and didn't even get a rest! Great success

Clark, R1-15: played 15, avg 40.5, 132k gain
    Barnett, R16-25: played 6, avg 46.8

Clark was the little engine that could, outlasted nearly everyone by managing a good score and a little more cash every time he was on the chopping block. Barnett was ok I guess, always a risk/reward play - could've averaged 40 or 55, landed somewhere in the middle. Frustratingly injured the last 4 weeks, surviving due to lack of trades as an expensive loop enabler.

Crichton, R1-12: played 12, avg 41.0, 195k gain
    Manu, R13-25: played 11, avg 58.7

Simple swap of Origin CTR for CTR with upside. Thought Manu might go big in R13 at FB (no Teddy) and then out at the next bye, instead just kept scoring.

Nanai, R1-13: played 12, avg 44.5, 259k gain
    McInnes, R14-25: played 12, avg 54.4

Tries are base for Nanai. Would've held him longer except got injured in Origin. McInnes ended up better than expected due to Finucane being regularly out. Not sure he's a 50+ avg player otherwise

Randall, R1-11: played 11, avg 44.2, 220k gain
    Kiraz, R12-16: played 5, avg 38.4**, 171k gain
    Papy, R17-18: played 2, avg 26, 97k loss
    Doueihi, R19-25: played 7, avg 59

**avg 29.8 the 4 games I played him. Papy 2-week fling was unfortunate, this was otherwise all good.

Bullemor, R1-3: played 3, avg 24.6, 23k gain
    Jones, R4-8: played 5, avg 37.8, 123k gain
    Angus~!, R9-25: played 16, avg 57.6

I started with 7 players cheaper than Bullemor, seems so gross. Sold him a week late. Jones did what you'd expect, until injured. Angus a nice upgrade - bought low (619k) and he went awesome, while I missed all his poor early season scores.

Generally went better in the midrange than with the guns when it came to starting squad, and as a result could make some better value plays around Origin, rather than early trades to catchup.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

Post by robelgordo Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:03 pm

Coates, R1-10: played 9, avg 31.9, 140k gain
    Robson R11-25: played 14, avg 58.8

Nice to be rewarded for paitence with Coates - the tries did come - although left it 1 week too late to sell and copped a -1. Coates + ~200k to Robson a pretty nice upgrade

Leniu, R1-4: played 4, avg 27, 33k gain
    Walters R5-25: played 19, avg 32.1

Yikes, basically a wasted squad position all season long. Walters did average 36 in the games where I played him, so not the worst 20th man. But the missed opps from not ever getting rid...

Jing, R1-12: played 12, average 39.9, 199k gain
    Harris, R13-16: played 4, average 46, 59k loss
    Friz, R17-R24: played 7, avg 46.6, 35k loss
    Ikuvalu R25: played 1, scored 17

Pushed Jing to the max. Harris came back slow. Then Friz was a bit disappointing, probably playing injured. Last round punt - avoided Friz 20 (yes!), choose the worst replacement for 17 (no!). Not mad on that though.

Tuilagi, R1-2: played 2, avg 28, 22k gain
    Starling, R3-13: played 11, avg 45.9, 134k gain
    Moses, R14-25: played 10, avg 52

Possible could've held Tuilagi, but was injured GW3. Held Starling 2 weeks too long. Moses probably about par on expectations

Ilias, R1-12: played 12, avg 31.3, 173k gain
    RFM, R13-25: played 11, avg 42.5

Pretty average stuff here. Ilias doing the minimum for a surefire cow, and RFM doing the minimum for a subgun punt.

Schneider, R1-13: played 10, avg 37.8, 223k gain
    Mam, R14-17: played 4, avg 38.3, 139k gain
    Matamua: R18-25: played 1, avg 11

First 2 steps were ok. Last step was a cashout to enable other moves, and it could've been so much better.

Vailea R1-25: played 10, avg 21.1
    Basically had a 20 player squad all year. Only played him once (35 was ok) and got injured for the R13 bye. Troll

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:17 pm

That was fun to read- good write up

I’m a nerd for that detail so thank you

I like you had a dud 90% of the season

Seems in general your trades kept working their way up to better points scoring

I brought in Manu for 13 prepared to give him the flick soon after and he just kept delivering

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:31 pm