NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2022

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2022 Empty StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2022

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:35 am

Found these threads really useful last season when I gave it a crack for the first time, so back for another round. Now I'm in the lofty heights of L2 I had better pull finger! 

Had a pretty sweet squad set prior to TLT, but once Cleary was ruled out I cleared team and started again. 

Randall 
    Ipap Welch Bullemor
    DFifi Katoa
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken
    Pappy SCrichton Paulo

Fermor Clark MKing Schneider 
    AFifi Tuilagi Walters WSmith

Bank: $26k

Few things I'm not happy with, mainly my back 3, Clark as backup hooker, and my 18-21. Finding the right mix is tough, I had Tago over Walters but I feel like if Walters gets the spot permanently (as much as that can happen at the Broncos) then he will make more in the long run. 

Happy with my forwards, Welch is a personal preference pick. Ipap over Haas as I'm more confident in him to score well with his team. Not sure on Hunt as my Cleary replacement, but I don't want Moses (been there done that) and while I think SJ goes well back at the Warriors, I don't think he averages more than Hunt. Sexton is a hunch, but also on a short leash to be chopped so will need to score well from the start. 

Wanted Curran/AFB but didn't want too many Warriors, and wanted Aitken more. Katoa was cheap and will get a few rounds of good gains I think. I think Cotter will probably go well but couldn't fit him in. Same with Nanai.

Open to any and all discussion, criticism and whatnot.

Cheers and have a good year!

Last edited by StuDogg101 on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2022 Empty Re: StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2022

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:08 am

Week 1 is in the books, not entirely unhappy with the round result. After all the up and downdates I ended up on 863 with a rank of 9288.

Welch being gone is pretty shit. He was my only true POD, and I thought he was in for a good season. Really unfortunate. So now I have to find a replacement.
    Can't quite bridge the gap to Haas. Thinking Arrow at first instance, but also tempted by Carrigan. Don't really feel the need to make a second trade, but Fermor to Nanai is definitely tempting. I'd have to play him or Taulagi in the 17 though,  which sounds fine judging by week 1, but I've been burned by 1 game rookies/nearly rookies before so it isn't as clear cut as that. 

Roll on week 2

Current team: 
    Randall 
    Ipap Bullemor (Welch)
    DFifi Katoa
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken
    Pappy SCrichton Paulo

Last edited by StuDogg101 on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:37 am; edited 4 times in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:08 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Week 1 is in the books, not entirely unhappy with the round result. After all the up and downdates I ended up on 863 with a rank of 9288. 

Welch being gone is pretty shit. He was my only true POD, and I thought he was in for a good season. Really unfortunate. So now I have to find a replacement. 

Can't quite bridge the gap to Haas. Thinking Arrow at first instance, but also tempted by Carrigan. Don't really feel the need to make a second trade, but Fermor to Nanai is definitely tempting. I'd have to play him or Taulagi in the 17 though,  which sounds fine judging by week 1, but I've been burned by 1 game rookies/nearly rookies before so it isn't as clear cut as that. 

Roll on week 2

Current team: 
    Randall 
    Ipap Bullemor (Welch)
    DFifi Katoa
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken
    Pappy SCrichton Coates

Also selected Ben hunt, you happy with him and just see this week as an aberration

You’ve got a great balanced side
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:31 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Also selected Ben hunt, you happy with him and just see this week as an aberration

You’ve got a great balanced side

Thanks bro I appreciate that!

I'm giving Hunt another week, although it's already looking likely he will be my target for Cleary-dom at some stage. I think he did OK considering the quality of the game (or lack thereof) and will be better this week. I hope
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:17 am

Hey man I'd wait a week on Arrow if possible. Was listening to the NRL Fantasy Analysis boys and Mark mentioned that Arrow did the same last year (got like 76 in 45 mins) then bombed the rest of the year. Might be worth seeing if that 72 mins was an anomaly, or a planned occurrence. Murray also played less minutes than usual, so maybe he'll slowly work back to a bigger load and that'll directly impact Arrow?

Max King looks the goods, at least enough for one week, so you could always just use him to loop via Welch and see which other cheapie goes the best.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:01 am

Snatchpato wrote:Hey man I'd wait a week on Arrow if possible. Was listening to the NRL Fantasy Analysis boys and Mark mentioned that Arrow did the same last year (got like 76 in 45 mins) then bombed the rest of the year. Might be worth seeing if that 72 mins was an anomaly, or a planned occurrence. Murray also played less minutes than usual, so maybe he'll slowly work back to a bigger load and that'll directly impact Arrow?

Max King looks the goods, at least enough for one week, so you could always just use him to loop via Welch and see which other cheapie goes the best.

It was easy to see last season that Arrow wasn't going to score well in 45 minutes and round 1 was an anomoly. This year, we have seen him get great minutes, whether it is the 71 minutes he got this week, or 65. If he is working hard in the middle for most of those minutes as expected, he will score well above his price point.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:39 am

Thanks for the advice guys. Might trade Welch to Nanai and reassess next round with a bit of bank backup. Just hope Nanai keeps up the scoring as he's going to be straight in the starting team if I do
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 am

Average week 2, but still gained some ranks so that's something. Great comeback by Hunt, Fermor was great,  but trading in Nanai for a dud score was a buzzkill. Also another relatively poor captain's score from Fifita was frustrating.

Score 793
    Rank 6011

Randall 
    Ipap Bullemor Ming
    DFifi Katoa
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken
    Pappy SCrichton Paulo

Fermor Clark Nanai Schneider
    AFifi Walters WSmith (Tuilagi)

Bank: 234k

Was feeling quite positive going into week 2, but not so much this week. Wondering if it's worth blowing my bank on Hynes, seeing as he's  just going to continue to rise in value and it means I might not have to play Paulo. Either that, or do some sums and try get Haas in. Or plump for Yeo instead.

Had Grant pencilled in as a trade until he was ruled out. Considering Starling also, but I'm definitely on the side of the fence that he's average and not worth two trades. If he makes a tonne though I'll kick myself.

Potential trade out targets: Clark and Bullemor

Not usually this stuck at week 3 so feel free to give some input, I'd appreciate it!
    Camo123
    Camo123

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:55 am

Could look at Clark to Hynes (though exhausts almost all bank) and would pretty much mean set & forget back 5 (minus Turbo) and solid HLFs
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:01 am

Camo123 wrote:Could look at Clark to Hynes (though exhausts almost all bank) and would pretty much mean set & forget back 5 (minus Turbo) and solid HLFs

This was pretty much my thinking. Eventually get Turbo/Teddy/someone in for Critta, but other than that set and forget until injury strikes 😬
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:18 am

I have Hynes and extremely pleased with him, sharks are a gun team this year, and he is the main man, both games he’s played great can score fantasy points in so many ways,

I was convinced pre season and the two matches they’ve played have buoyed me even more,

Im not sure how you get to him but I think you’ll want him in your squad this year

Im so tempted by starling, the fact there is no obvious hooker replacement on the bench means he might do even better than his historic average

Also even if Canberra continue to be crap he should rack up loads of tackles,

Good luck with your choices
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:22 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:I have Hynes and extremely pleased with him, sharks are a gun team this year, and he is the main man, both games he’s played great can score fantasy points in so many ways,

I was convinced pre season and the two matches they’ve played have buoyed me even more,

Im not sure how you get to him but I think you’ll want him in your squad this year

Im so tempted by starling, the fact there is no obvious hooker replacement on the bench means he might do even better than his historic average

Also even if Canberra continue to be crap he should rack up loads of tackles,

Good luck with your choices

Thanks mate, definitely food for thought. Will have a play around and see what I can come up with. I'm just glad I didn't end up bringing in Grant last week!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:51 pm

Traded Clark to Hynes. Great success.

Also traded AFifita to Thompson. Decided to hold Tuilagi and Nanai et al for another week at least.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:32 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Traded Clark to Hynes. Great success.

Also traded AFifita to Thompson. Decided to hold Tuilagi and Nanai et al for another week at least.

Love it when a plan comes together

Good trade
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:36 am

Another "not too bad but not awesome either" week. Gained a few ranks, but not as many as I thought I'd manage after Hynes, once Bully stunk things up.

Randall 
    Ipap Bullemor Ming
    DFifi Katoa
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken
    Pappy SCrichton Hynes (c)

Fermor Walters Nanai Schneider
    LThompson Paulo WSmith Tuilagi

Bank: $30k

Ended up a great decision bringing Hynes in, even though it means I have no immediate way to get Cleary in now. Was planning on waiting a week anyway, the difference is now I don't really have a choice 😂 loathe to trade DFifi to him, and while the original plan was Hunt or Sexton, they're both going well enough for me to want to keep them. As such I am just going to have to wait and see and hope Cleary starts slow.

Really want to get Bullemor out, and it seems the flavour of the week is Jones so that'll probably be one trade. Don't see anything else worth doing, Walters probably needs to go too but not many viable options around as a downgrade and no money for an upgrade. Stay the course for now, and see how things go could be the best option.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:27 am

What a depressingly average week. Teams must be relatively bunched together still because I scored what I thought was a slightly under par score (794) and bled 7k ranks for the week. Cappy Hynes let the side down a little, and Haas went bang. Was making up ranks on Sunday with every point Hunt scored, but he just didn't hit a score I needed him to this round. Fermor out meant I had to rejig a few things and ended up having to play an extra n00b (Tuilagi).

I kind of regret my Jing trade in, but the 100k I saved from going Mann last week has meant I can get Haas this week and end my torture. The question then becomes who goes for him. Sexton and Burton are the two I'm currently considering with Koula in for Paulo as my other trade.

However, I'm also loathe to trade a fit centre when the whole reason I started with Burton was to set and forget. On this basis, I'm currently leaning Sexton. He was probably going for Cleary anyway but I'm still punting that he drops a bit more (since I can't afford him anyway). The only thing swaying me towards Burton is that Koula appears playable at CTR whereas Schneider would have to fill Sexton's spot.

Randall 
    Ipap Jing Ming
    DFifi Fermor
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken

Nanai Schneider LThompson Jones
    WSmith Tuilagi Walters (Paulo)

Bank: $113k

Proposed trades
    Paulo - Koula
    Sexton - Haas

Would leave $17k in the bank.

Do your worst guys, last round was tough but never give up etc etc.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:04 am

StuDogg101 wrote:What a depressingly average week. Teams must be relatively bunched together still because I scored what I thought was a slightly under par score (794) and bled 7k ranks for the week. Cappy Hynes let the side down a little, and Haas went bang. Was making up ranks on Sunday with every point Hunt scored, but he just didn't hit a score I needed him to this round.  Fermor out meant I had to rejig a few things and ended up having to play an extra n00b (Tuilagi).

I kind of regret my Jing trade in, but the 100k I saved from going Mann last week has meant I can get Haas this week and end my torture. The question then becomes who goes for him. Sexton and Burton are the two I'm currently considering with Koula in for Paulo as my other trade.

However, I'm also loathe to trade a fit centre when the whole reason I started with Burton was to set and forget. On this basis, I'm currently leaning Sexton. He was probably going for Cleary anyway but I'm still punting that he drops a bit more (since I can't afford him anyway). The only thing swaying me towards Burton is that Koula appears playable at CTR whereas Schneider would have to fill Sexton's spot.

Randall 
    Ipap Jing Ming
    DFifi Fermor
    Hunt Sexton
    Burton Aitken

Nanai Schneider LThompson Jones
    WSmith Tuilagi Walters (Paulo)

Bank: $113k

Proposed trades
    Paulo - Koula
    Sexton - Haas

Would leave $17k in the bank.

Do your worst guys, last round was tough but never give up etc etc.

Hey mate, Sexton is gone for me too. I'd leave Burton for now and just see how he goes, Flanno could make it easier for Burton to open up his running game more. I think your proposed trades make sense. Cleary is a wait and see for me at the moment, will likely drop a fair bit of cash whilst you can put the (C) on Haas and set and forget hopefully. Other than that the team looks very well balanced, already got two gun centres and a gun backline too just need the reserves and benchies to start the cashflow so we can get some better upgrades down the line
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:46 pm

id keep burton over sexton, and like you im definitely getting in haas this week

man i was watching ben hunt and loving everything he did on sunday, he just about did enough for me to win my head 2 head,

im losing fifta this week but respect that your keeping him. found myself too frustrated with his lack of workrate, i do expect the odd big score but i also expect more frustration

between walters, schneider, hynes, smith and burton you will have enough cover for the other half role until you have cleary

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:50 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Hey mate, Sexton is gone for me too. I'd leave Burton for now and just see how he goes, Flanno could make it easier for Burton to open up his running game more. I think your proposed trades make sense. Cleary is a wait and see for me at the moment, will likely drop a fair bit of cash whilst you can put the (C) on Haas and set and forget hopefully. Other than that the team looks very well balanced, already got two gun centres and a gun backline too just need the reserves and benchies to start the cashflow so we can get some better upgrades down the line

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:id keep burton over sexton, and like you im definitely getting in haas this week

man i was watching ben hunt and loving everything he did on sunday, he just about did enough for me to win my head 2 head,

im losing fifta this week but respect that your keeping him. found myself too frustrated with his lack of workrate, i do expect the odd big score but i also expect more frustration

between walters, schneider, hynes, smith and burton you will have enough cover for the other half role until you have cleary

Thanks guys, yeah gonna hold Burton and hope he fires up on the weekend! Fifita will likely become Cleary at some point unless he too fires up, but I'm happy to wait a little bit longer. He's one run away from 60s...unless he's forgotten how to run 😂
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:53 am

Haas potentially being suspended has given me the yips. Still making the Koula trade as it was more for money than points anyway, and just hope he does actually come right back in next week. Here's hoping Sexton pulls finger!

Current date/time is Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 am