NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The TV Thread

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

The TV Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The TV Thread

Post by Milchcow on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am

We recorded the Adam Hills thing last night, haven't had a chance to watch it yet

The Netflix series Home Game is also pretty good. Each episode goes to a different country and focuses on unusual sports there. The first episode on calcio storico would appeal to many here I think.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 am

@No Worries wrote:Adam Hills: Take his legs
    Doco last night on 10 about setting up PDRL (Physical disability rugby league) in England culminating in coming out here to play us. Interviews with each player on their disability, how it effects them, what RL means to them and obviously the teams journey from a bunch of blokes to coming to Australia to play our best team. Absolutely must see, guessing you will be able to pick it up on 10 play. In case you're unsure here's a quote
    "we didn't realise his dedication. After the game he had to get his stump re-amputated"

Had never been a fan of Adam Hills until one day a couple of years ago I realised how passionate he is about Rugby League. I never knew that before and it has opened me up to getting into him.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 am

@Milchcow wrote:
    We recorded the Adam Hills thing last night, haven't had a chance to watch it yet

The Netflix series Home Game is also pretty good. Each episode goes to a different country and focuses on unusual sports there. The first episode on calcio storico would appeal to many here I think.

Well played Cow in leaving us to google it. That’s insane!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchcow on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:08 pm

If you think Calcio Storico is insane, wait until you get to Kok Boru - Kyrgyztani polo with a dead goat for a ball.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:10 pm

That’s some next level savagery.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Not sure if this is the right crowd for musicals but anyone with Disney+ should watch Hamilton. I'm a changed man. I don’t know how telling the story of the American Revolution through rap and hip hop works so well, but it really really does. Political debates done through rap dis battles, how has this not been in our lives until now? Who knew the founding fathers were so fucking gangsta.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 pm

@Pookus McFly wrote:Not sure if this is the right crowd for musicals but anyone with Disney+ should watch Hamilton. I'm a changed man. I don’t know how telling the story of the American Revolution through rap and hip hop works so well, but it really really does. Political debates done through rap dis battles, how has this not been in our lives until now? Who knew the founding fathers were so fucking gangsta.

Rolling Laugh This just seems like the kind of thing South Park could have made an entire Season out of.

I'm in!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:54 pm

@standard-issue wrote:

Rolling Laugh   This just seems like the kind of thing South Park could have made an entire Season out of.  

I'm in!

Yussssss! cheer
    You will not regret it!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:57 pm

If you don't have Disney + and are keen, a PM to the man with out a care in the world could help you out.
    WT2K
    WT2K

Post by WT2K on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:44 pm

@Teeth Eater wrote:We don't have Netflix or Fox or anything like that but I've been ploughing through a few series here and there on free to air catch up TV. By complete chance last night I found 7Plus has the full series (2 seasons) of a show called The Client List starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as a newly single mother who, as I understand it, turns to prostitution to support her kids.

Literally 15-20mins into the first episode when I had to retire last night so no idea if it's actually any good but my teenage self would never forgive me if passed up JLH in this role. Sexy times ahead?

@Teeth Eater
    I use an app I use to get all the tv/movies you want. Covers basically every major streaming service. PM if you or anyone else wants it.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:01 am

I just finished watching Kingdom. Awesome show, especially if you like a bit of MMA. Great depth of characters and a couple of really moving performances. Not what i first expected but it drew me in.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:41 am