NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    The TV Thread

    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

    Posts : 572
    Reputation : 125
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Mr Fernando Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:44 pm

    @Beast From The Big East wrote:daredevil was great. looking forward to season 2. definitely had that dark and dangerous feel which you don't really get from the likes of flash and supergirl

    Yeah it's that dark/gritty edge that does it. I cannot watch the semi-comedic superhero series that are out at the moment
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8984
    Reputation : 2504
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by RandomSil Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:56 pm

    So finished Jessica Jones, honestly the first 3 episodes or so weren't great but I saw it through and it became insanely good. David Tennant was amazing and I also enjoyed seeing Wil Traval as well. Definitely worth watching if you can make it through the first few episodes.

    Also started watching Narcos, it is crazy good. Glad it was suggested here as that was a big part of getting me to watch it. Also nice seeing Pedro Pascal after his GoT stint.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:40 pm

    Random wrote:So finished Jessica Jones, honestly the first 3 episodes or so weren't great but I saw it through and it became insanely good. David Tennant was amazing and I also enjoyed seeing Wil Traval as well. Definitely worth watching if you can make it through the first few episodes.

    Also started watching Narcos, it is crazy good. Glad it was suggested here as that was a big part of getting me to watch it. Also nice seeing Pedro Pascal after his GoT stint.

    I'll have to persist with Jessica Jones then I stopped watching after three episodes.

    I seriously rate Narcos as one of the best TV shows I've ever watched but that could be because when I was going through high school I loved learning up the drug trades and stuff in Columbia.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:43 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:
    Random wrote:So finished Jessica Jones, honestly the first 3 episodes or so weren't great but I saw it through and it became insanely good. David Tennant was amazing and I also enjoyed seeing Wil Traval as well. Definitely worth watching if you can make it through the first few episodes.

    Also started watching Narcos, it is crazy good. Glad it was suggested here as that was a big part of getting me to watch it. Also nice seeing Pedro Pascal after his GoT stint.

    I'll have to persist with Jessica Jones then I stopped watching after three episodes.

    I seriously rate Narcos as one of the best TV shows I've ever watched but that could be because when I was going through high school I loved learning up the drug trades and stuff in Columbia.
    *waiting for Bren to tie in Joey here somewhere*
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:36 pm

    Just got Family Guy season 15. 3 episodes in.. Pretty offensive but still funny!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:35 pm

    Will watch the last couple of eps of The Affair S2 tonight.  Enjoyed the 1st series, but the ending was too abrupt to me.  This 2nd season is awesome, different to what I expected and loving the way they have developed Cole; he is pretty much the MVP this series I reckon.

    For those who watched The Wire, Dominic West drops a subtle reference in a hospital scene that becomes hilarious when you realise how obvious they made it.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

    Posts : 572
    Reputation : 125
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Mr Fernando Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 pm

    F is for Family was awesome. Shame the season was so short
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:54 pm

    Just googled it.  Where did you see it Fernando?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8984
    Reputation : 2504
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by RandomSil Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am

    Netflix, and I found it obnoxious at the start but I actually enjoyed F is for Family.

    Also recently watched The Last Kingdom, wasn't too bad, felt like a somewhat watered down Vikings but still overall was decent. I have to see the new TV-Movie Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes. I absolutely loved the Marco Polo Tv Show.

    Oh and SI as I probably wont watch The Affair what was reference?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:26 am

    Random wrote:Netflix, and I found it obnoxious at the start but I actually enjoyed F is for Family.

    Also recently watched The Last Kingdom, wasn't too bad, felt like a somewhat watered down Vikings but still overall was decent. I have to see the new TV-Movie Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes. I absolutely loved the Marco Polo Tv Show.

    Oh and SI as I probably wont watch The Affair what was reference?
    Him and his son are mad baseball fans and they are going to a game when his son's illness comes to a head.  Conversation after the surgery is finished:

    His son "Who won the game?"
    Dominic West "Baltimore."

    O for Obvious!
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 13973
    Reputation : 7465
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by filthridden Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:54 pm

    Finally started watching Mr Robot.
    Halfway through the first series now. Easy to get into and keeps on amping it up every episode so far.

    I thought it was going to be all a bunch of nerds sitting around a computer but then it goes all AWOL breaking bad styles.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:20 pm

    Once I finish The Affair it's either that or TWD S6.  I've got both ready to go on the IQ.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:55 pm

    SI wrote:Once I finish The Affair it's either that or TWD S6.  I've got both ready to go on the IQ.

    TWD for sure. Man you don't know what you're in for
    avatar
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Disruptive Trolling Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:20 pm

    Pretty Little Liars is a good show.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1152
    Reputation : 237
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by manlybeaver Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:14 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I'll have to persist with Jessica Jones then I stopped watching after three episodes.

    I seriously rate Narcos as one of the best TV shows I've ever watched but that could be because when I was going through high school I loved learning up the drug trades and stuff in Columbia.

    Id recomend a doco called cocaine cowboys really good watch if you havent seen it.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:09 pm

    @manlybeaver wrote:

    Id recomend a doco called cocaine cowboys really good watch if you havent seen it.

    Yeah mate watched it years ago, absolute quality
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:16 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:
    @manlybeaver wrote:

    Id recomend a doco called cocaine cowboys really good watch if you havent seen it.

    Yeah mate watched it years ago, absolute quality

    Was that the one heavily focussed around Florida? Single episode and went for 1 or 2 hours.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 7869
    Reputation : 4807
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:23 pm

    SI wrote:

    Was that the one heavily focussed around Florida?  Single episode and went for 1 or 2 hours.

    Miami, yep. Pretty sure there's a sequel as well
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:26 pm

    One of the very few docos that sticks in the memory bank so it must have been a pretty good watch.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8984
    Reputation : 2504
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    The TV Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The TV Thread

    Post by RandomSil Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 pm

    Has anyone watched "Making a murderer." yet, looking to see whether it is worth getting into.

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:14 am