NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

    Posts : 424
    Reputation : 366
    Join date : 2015-11-10

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Rooster Booster Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:20 am

    No Worries wrote:

    Doing a cross refrence that would be Pascoe

    I'm sure its already been said, but what an avatar NW Laughing
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

    Posts : 424
    Reputation : 366
    Join date : 2015-11-10

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Rooster Booster Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:51 am

    Simon Templar wrote:

    No. It's always been the view for projected scores (orange).  Showing the live scores (red font) and completed scores (green font) is a new feature.

    The red 33 for Papenhuyzen is a live score, and a new feature. The orange 59 and 44 for Tedesco and Mann are their projected scores, which has always been a feature.

    If you don't like that page, then you can always go to GAMEDAY to see the live scores of your players.


    It's the same on SC.

    Don't like the Gameday Live page when the Projections Tab (which is the default view) is switched to the 'on' position as it's a little bit too confusing as it shows three different numbers, last weeks scores (if they haven't already played), live scores and also the BE's all at the same time before the final game has started.

    When the final game commences then it reverts to just showing live scores and the BE's which is fine.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

    Posts : 424
    Reputation : 366
    Join date : 2015-11-10

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Rooster Booster Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:01 am

    badbetter wrote:What do people think about the Boost trades.Really changes the dynamic from previous years.
    Another element to consider for the Eliminator comp as well.
    I think the amount of boost trades available is too many.
    Would you like to see a boost trade feature in the NRL Fantasy game as well?

    Not so much a trade boost for any given round, but NRL Fantasy from R20 onwards (Monday July 25th), have added four (4) more additional trades.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 5029
    Reputation : 1472
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:08 am

    VSDT got a bug in the system I reckon - Herbie listed as three tries... This happened last year? when a penalty try got awarded for Dufty too if I remember correctly.
    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11342
    Reputation : 5115
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by WT2K Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:49 pm

    Anyone getting Cleary in this week?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2146
    Reputation : 375
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Clack Bocks Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:37 pm

    No way
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20485
    Reputation : 12467
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:14 pm

    WT2K wrote:Anyone getting Cleary in this week?

    3 games before price rise = definitely giving him at least a week.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 3434
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:37 pm

    WT2K wrote:Anyone getting Cleary in this week?

    Couldn't possibly, even if I tried. Happy to wait anyway.

    Out of curiosity, what happens in this format when one of your reserves doesn't play? I had Ponga in my my reserves, and, as with every single team that is not my main Fantasy team, I didn't check in on this team once through the weekend and therefore left him as a reserve. Do I get a 0, or does it bring in my lowest scorer? Had a horrid round, either way.

    Funnily enough, if I'd actually looked at the fucking team when Ponga was ruled out, Nanai would have been the obvious choice of my remaining reserves. Stupid fucker.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

    Posts : 424
    Reputation : 366
    Join date : 2015-11-10

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Rooster Booster Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:11 am

    Teeth Eater wrote:

    Couldn't possibly, even if I tried. Happy to wait anyway.

    Out of curiosity, what happens in this format when one of your reserves doesn't play? I had Ponga in my my reserves, and, as with every single team that is not my main Fantasy team, I didn't check in on this team once through the weekend and therefore left him as a reserve. Do I get a 0, or does it bring in my lowest scorer? Had a horrid round, either way.

    Funnily enough, if I'd actually looked at the fucking team when Ponga was ruled out, Nanai would have been the obvious choice of my remaining reserves. Stupid fucker.

    When one of your reserves (or staring 13) doesn't play you'll get the lowest scoring AE above a negative score.

    I seen a few on the weekend NOT get the Negative AE and get the next score above zero instead.

    I still think you should get the negative, but I didn't make up the rules.  


    Here's the quote from the rules.

    " The automatic emergency will be the lowest scoring player who receives a score greater than 0 from your Substitutes list, who is not picked as one of your four reserves. "


    I'm pretty sure I've seen in the past you will still get a score of ZERO as an AE if your player starts, and ends up on that score (not 100 % definite on that though), but you still won't get that negative score if you have someone in your squad ends up on that figure.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 294
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by manlybeaver Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:27 am

    I'm bringing in cleary this week for Keary already used 3 boosts also
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12600
    Reputation : 3926
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:50 pm

    WT2K wrote:Anyone getting Cleary in this week?

    My 2 main halves are Moses the flat track bully with Dragons, Titans & Wests the next 3 so he'll stay & Clifford who is too cheap to utilise the Cleary fund for. Moses will eventually make way for Cleary maybe after Wests when Cleary's price drops (hopefully).
    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11342
    Reputation : 5115
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by WT2K Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:16 pm

    manlybeaver wrote:I'm bringing in cleary this week for Keary already used 3 boosts also

    Can do the same trade. Funds not an issue. But plenty of other fires to put out this week.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 3811
    Reputation : 1522
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:12 pm

    WT2K wrote:

    Can do the same trade. Funds not an issue. But plenty of other fires to put out this week.

    It's tempting to chop Burton for Cleary this week, but I shall wait a week if I must 😒
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1441
    Reputation : 702
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:41 pm

    Rippin and Tearin wrote:VSDT got a bug in the system I reckon - Herbie listed as three tries... This happened last year? when a penalty try got awarded for Dufty too if I remember correctly.

    That's a strange bug. Well spotted RnT. Have you messaged VSDT about it?
    .
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1441
    Reputation : 702
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:56 pm

    Rooster Booster wrote:

    When one of your reserves (or staring 13) doesn't play you'll get the lowest scoring AE above a negative score.

    I seen a few on the weekend NOT get the Negative AE and get the next score above zero instead.

    I still think you should get the negative, but I didn't make up the rules.  


    Here's the quote from the rules.

    " The automatic emergency will be the lowest scoring player who receives a score greater than 0 from your Substitutes list, who is not picked as one of your four reserves. "


    I'm pretty sure I've seen in the past you will still get a score of ZERO as an AE if your player starts, and ends up on that score (not 100 % definite on that though), but you still won't get that negative score if you have someone in your squad ends up on that figure.

    The AE rules are a bit inconsisrent in VSDT. If a player in your starting 17 plays and scores zero or less then they are included in your score, whereas if a player on your 18-25 bench plays and scores zero or less then they AREN'T used as an AE.

    It's an annoying rule, but it's been that way for many years, and it's working the way VSDT wants it to work, so que sera sera.

    I assume that SC has the same AE rules as VSDT (but I DON'T know, so maybe one of our SC experts can clarify that). How do the AE rules work in NRLF when players who play score zero or less?
    .
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 3434
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:39 pm

    Simon Templar wrote:

    The AE rules are a bit inconsisrent in VSDT. If a player in your starting 17 plays and scores zero or less then they are included in your score, whereas if a player on your 18-25 bench plays and scores zero or less then they AREN'T used as an AE.

    It's an annoying rule, but it's been that way for many years, and it's working the way VSDT wants it to work, so que sera sera.

    I assume that SC has the same AE rules as VSDT (but I DON'T know, so maybe one of our SC experts can clarify that). How do the AE rules work in NRLF when players who play score zero or less?
    .

    In NRLF you get that person's score if they're your next reserve, or first reserve in the position required. If they play, you cop the 0, or the -5.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1441
    Reputation : 702
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:43 pm

    Teeth Eater wrote:

    In NRLF you get that person's score if they're your next reserve, or first reserve in the position required. If they play, you cop the 0, or the -5.

    That seems fair. The VSDT rules are inconsistent, because they treat 1-17 players differently to 18-25 players.
    .
    .
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20485
    Reputation : 12467
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:21 pm

    Simon Templar wrote:

    I assume that SC has the same AE rules as VSDT (but I DON'T know, so maybe one of our SC experts can clarify that). How do the AE rules work in NRLF when players who play score zero or less?
    .

    If they take the field then their score counts, whether its is 0, positive or negative. This is true whether its part of the 17, or as the next available AE (AE based on player determined ranking, not as lower score)

    Have players rank their AEs before the weekend makes more sense to me. It should always be more advantageous to have a player that actually gets a score, even a poor one, compared to someone who doesn't play at all.


    There was a bug in Fantasy a few years ago when Danie Alvaro got injured in the first tackle of a match, but was counted as DNP (rather than his actual score of -1) because the system interpreted 0 minutes as not playing. So everyone who had him got an AE to at least partially avoid catastopher. I believe that bug has since been fixed though
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2146
    Reputation : 375
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Clack Bocks Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:04 pm

    Is the only thing unattractive about hetherington is that he’s starting from the bench?
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 1892
    Reputation : 835
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

    Post by Jele Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:47 am

    Clack Bocks wrote:Is the only thing unattractive about hetherington is that he’s starting from the bench?

    Am looking at him and Alec MacDonald as potential trade-outs for Bullemor.  Just not sure what their job security is like?

      Current date/time is Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:43 pm