NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 87 - Fifita is a bust edition

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 87 - Fifita is a bust edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 87 - Fifita is a bust edition

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:27 am

If players were to be payed according to their work rate who would be in your top 5?
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 87 - Fifita is a bust edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 87 - Fifita is a bust edition

Post by filthridden Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:32 am

Chewie wrote:If players were to be payed according to their work rate who would be in your top 5?

Josh Jackson
    Dale Finucane
    Brian To'o
    Haas
    I Papali'i

Turbo, JFH close and RTS would have been there too.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:32 am

standard-issue wrote:

Is it just me or does he also seem to love standing wider than he should a fair bit? I swear he ends up at Centre a fair bit on short sides, which would be great if they actually got the ball to him.

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    Yeah the thing is... He doesn't go looking for the dirty ball, get his team out of trouble runs. I think at the 55-60 minutes mark the commentators said he had like 6 runs? You see Lucy, Kenny Brom, iPap taking that 3rd and 4th hit up out of their own end to get a quick play the ball and their team on the front foot. Fifita just stands out at centre, waits for the ball to trample a couple Luke Brooks and Corey Thompsons and look like the good guy. Maybe chuck him in at Lock, get his hands on the ball, take a few Nathan Brown runs and then go off for 10 minutes before halftime (30-40 minutes break with half time) and then maybe come back on at second row to finish out the game??

Hell just hand me the coaching role.

Yeah i often think about his positioning, and not getting 'in' for quick runs, but i think it must be what he is told to not do, because how could he not do certain things week in week out without the coach coming down on him.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:33 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:I think Fifita looks about 3-5 kegs overweight at the moment. He doesn't have the tank to bust out these performances 80 minutes week in week out. Hopefully this is something he can work on over the off season. 

Speaking of off season, I am expecting another summer from hell for the NRL. Imagine all these cashed up, young, hot throbbers who have been living in hotel rooms for the last 4 months, finally out and about and free. 

BBQ's at Vaughnies soon. Good behaviour never.

Do they not report what is happening in NSW where you live. By the time season is down NSW will be locked down harder than any NRL bubble
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:33 am

filthridden wrote:

Josh Jackson
    Dale Finucane
    Brian To'o
    Haas
    I Papali'i

Brandon Smith? The bloke leaves it ALL on the field and then some.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:35 am

robelgordo wrote:

Do they not report what is happening in NSW where you live. By the time season is down NSW will be locked down harder than any NRL bubble
    That is true... Didn't think of that, living in North Queensland I have only really had 1 or 2 brief brushes of the effects of Covid.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:38 am

On David Fifita - he is 21 years old. We don’t know whether he goes missing or is instructed to play outwide and save himself for attack. He’s probably not mature enough to read the game yet and makes those decisions himself.

I don’t think you want him to become a workhorse, or tell him, “hey can you play more like Kenny Bromwich?”

The model for his game is probably Kikau. Play 25 minutes, get a HIA assessment, then come on for the full 2nd half. Also focus on running off the best halves combination in the comp. Simple.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:38 am

filthridden wrote:

Josh Jackson
    Dale Finucane
    Brian To'o
    Haas
    I Papali'i

Hectic cheese right up there, he is like granite.
    Turbo, just doesnt stop, if his body is allowing, its huge his output, he is everywhere.
    JJackson yeah, one of the more less 'shiny' and exciting, but gee he goes all day, and always looks like a betroot.
    NBrown, not sure on actual stat output, but on continuous effort whilst on the field, most of the time, yeah this guy.

Depends on how we define workrate, last place up for grabs here haha
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:40 am

We also dont know if Fifita is playing injured. He got up a few times in pain after being tackled.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:54 am

Revraiser wrote:

Hectic cheese right up there, he is like granite.
    Turbo, just doesnt stop, if his body is allowing, its huge his output, he is everywhere.
    JJackson yeah, one of the more less 'shiny' and exciting, but gee he goes all day, and always looks like a betroot.
    NBrown, not sure on actual stat output, but on continuous effort whilst on the field, most of the time, yeah this guy.

Depends on how we define workrate, last place up for grabs here haha

Definitely an interesting question

Think it might be impossible to answer because we don’t know how players are coached - some could maybe do more but are instructed not to.

Example - as a Dragons fan I remember always marvelling at James Graham chasing the breaks and trying (usually failing) to ensure the flying wing/centre wouldn’t score under the post.

First thought is, why don’t all players show that much heart?

But as a coach you perhaps wouldn’t want all your high impact lower cardio forwards gassing themselves making these extra 1% efforts.

We also don’t know where the line is between talent and effort.

Thurston used to be everywhere, picking up loose kicks etc. But what that work rate or just his ability to read the game better than nearly everyone? You kinda see the same with Cleary. Sure they both work hard but a lot of the effort is actually pure talent.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:54 am

You can tell I’ve got Friday off hey. Essays on footy today
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:55 am

filthridden wrote:

Josh Jackson
    Dale Finucane
    Brian To'o
    Haas
    I Papali'i

Teddy would have to be there too, gets through a huge workload taking like minimum 20 carries a game.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:56 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Teddy would have to be there too, gets through a huge workload taking like minimum 20 carries a game.

Unpopular call - King Gutho

Also Zac Lomax, Dylan Brown and Mitchell Pearce

Tohu is the obvious one nobody has said
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:02 am

@wolfking I did a game day write up for Souths v Penrith tonight I sent you it via PM I hope it fires you up more! Lets gooooooooooooooo
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:04 am

There's one toey Souths fan on a forum, it's midday . . . and you're in the shower, probably... FIRE UP WOLFY!!

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:12 am

robelgordo wrote:On David Fifita - he is 21 years old. We don’t know whether he goes missing or is instructed to play outwide and save himself for attack. He’s probably not mature enough to read the game yet and makes those decisions himself.

I don’t think you want him to become a workhorse, or tell him, “hey can you play more like Kenny Bromwich?”

The model for his game is probably Kikau. Play 25 minutes, get a HIA assessment, then come on for the full 2nd half. Also focus on running off the best halves combination in the comp. Simple.

Brilliant tactics.
    Regardless of position, more players really should be looking into this unconventional approach (of playing with the best halves in the comp) that you have ingeniously devised.

Look, as far as I'm concerned, all that can be concluded (at least based off the last 24 hours)...is that the Broncos have once again have made a shrewd business decision by letting someone as useless as Fifita go.
    Eat shit Titans.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:12 am

robelgordo wrote:On David Fifita - he is 21 years old. We don’t know whether he goes missing or is instructed to play outwide and save himself for attack. He’s probably not mature enough to read the game yet and makes those decisions himself.

lol! lol!
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:17 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    Yeah the thing is... He doesn't go looking for the dirty ball, get his team out of trouble runs. I think at the 55-60 minutes mark the commentators said he had like 6 runs? You see Lucy, Kenny Brom, iPap taking that 3rd and 4th hit up out of their own end to get a quick play the ball and their team on the front foot. Fifita just stands out at centre, waits for the ball to trample a couple Luke Brooks and Corey Thompsons and look like the good guy. Maybe chuck him in at Lock, get his hands on the ball, take a few Nathan Brown runs and then go off for 10 minutes before halftime (30-40 minutes break with half time) and then maybe come back on at second row to finish out the game??

Hell just hand me the coaching role.

I'm no master coach.....but I'd definitely suggest that Fifita should be looking to address this apparent issue of trampling his own team mates.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:18 am

Rabbits21 wrote:@wolfking I did a game day write up for Souths v Penrith tonight I sent you it via PM I hope it fires you up more! Lets gooooooooooooooo

Post it here too lad
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:21 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Post it here too lad
    No I can’t people don’t want that kinda thing and it’s very long!

Maybe come finals I will but it may piss a few off.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:09 am