NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Pieman
    Pieman

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 48 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:26 am

ryno_ wrote:

Still paid overs to keep Sione.

+ the other Saifiti
    + you listed 9 blokes, not 8.
    + Buhrer could be a 13

11 blokes to share 3 starting spots and 1.5 bench spots. Crowded.

Guerra and Barnett generally are on the field at the same time. One of them plays back row, one plays 13. They cant both be playing lock at the same time mate, thats why I counted them as one person.
    Jacob saifiti has mostly played back row in his career, with daniel at prop.
    Buhrer has not played 13 for fucking ages. He is a bench utility and predominantly used at second row or hooker.
    They have 2 bench props, a bench back rower and a utility.  so no, its 3 starting spots and 2 bench spots. A few of those blokes named are barely even first graders, so I dont know what you are on about. At least come up with something half reasonable if you are trolling mate, ive been stirring you blokes for years - go back and look and get some pointers on how to do it well lol.

What is Sione on?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:30 am

surmo13 wrote:

it's no secret that Tinkler brought Bennett in and basically told him he wanted the nibs to win a premiership yesterday, long-terms plans are always going to suffer when you're expected to manufacture immediate success.
    lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:34 am

ryno_ wrote:

Pearce is being payed as an elite half - which he isn't.
    Watson is ordinary on good day
    Ponga is a fullback
    Lino is worse then Watson

Pearce has shown repeatedly that he is one of the best club halfbacks in the game, and he is a GF winning halfback. As of right now, who is a better club halfback than him? Cooper Cronk and..... who? Cleary?
    Watson.. Him at fullback might help. On a good day is he electric but more often than not, he was average.
    Ponga is one of the best fullbacks in the league, time will tell if he is also one of the best 6's in the league.
    Lino was great in his short stints starting for the warriors last season. He is a back up half.... what teams have awesome back up halves lol.

If Milford goes down I shudder to think about what would happen at the broncos.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 am

Pieman wrote:

Guerra and Barnett generally are on the field at the same time. One of them plays back row, one plays 13. They cant both be playing lock at the same time mate, thats why I counted them as one person.
    Jacob saifiti has mostly played back row in his career, with daniel at prop.
    Buhrer has not played 13 for fucking ages. He is a bench utility and predominantly used at second row or hooker.
    They have 2 bench props, a bench back rower and a utility.  so no, its 3 starting spots and 2 bench spots. A few of those blokes named are barely even first graders, so I dont know what you are on about. At least come up with something half reasonable if you are trolling mate, ive been stirring you blokes for years - go back and look and get some pointers on how to do it well lol.

What is Sione on?

Since the last time Jacob Saifiti started second row (2016), he's played 3 games at prop and 1 game at 13 (32 off the bench). He's capable of middle forward or edge forward. Same for Buhrer - capable of either. I honestly don't understand the contention here - you signed a good prop for market price, sure... but is the point that you weren't short on props in the first place really up for debate? You've got plenty, whether thats 11 or 10. Surely a million bucks a year would be better spent somewhere else? Widdop or SJ for a start, saves you moving your best player out of his preferred position.

If Sione is on more then minimum wage, he's on overs.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:58 am

Pieman wrote:

Pearce has shown repeatedly that he is one of the best club halfbacks in the game, and he is a GF winning halfback. As of right now, who is a better club halfback than him? Cooper Cronk and..... who? Cleary?
    Watson.. Him at fullback might help. On a good day is he electric but more often than not, he was average.
    Ponga is one of the best fullbacks in the league, time will tell if he is also one of the best 6's in the league.
    Lino was great in his short stints starting for the warriors last season. He is a back up half.... what teams have awesome back up halves lol.

If Milford goes down I shudder to think about what would happen at the broncos.

So we agree on Watson/Ponga/Lino.

Pearce... Big game choker. Do you want a half who turns up for regular season games or games that matter? Would rather have ahead of him... Widdop, Keary, Munster, Cleary, ARey, Cronk, Maloney, SJ, Morgan, Milf, DCE.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:06 am

You forgot the 1 bloke that proved this year he is better than all those. The reigning dally M halfback of the year Luke Brooks
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:34 pm

ryno_ wrote:

So we agree on Watson/Ponga/Lino.

Pearce... Big game choker. Do you want a half who turns up for regular season games or games that matter? Would rather have ahead of him... Widdop, Keary, Munster, Cleary, ARey, Cronk, Maloney, SJ, Morgan, Milf, DCE.

I read Widdop and stopped thinking you were being serious. I'd like our players to see 5th tackle options rather than kicks dead on the 3rd. I'm extremely happy we've got Pearce in the side. We'll have to agree to disagree because I rate Pearce as one of the premier club half-backs in the game. Certainly far more than the ones you've listed.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:47 pm

I'd bet my avatar on the Knights finishing higher than the Broncos next year, especially if they don't come to their senses and pay out Bennett.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:08 am

the list by ryno is pretty fair, i would personally rather widdop to pearce tbh but i'd defs rather pearce then Arey (who has been pretty meh for a while now imo) and brooks

i'd probably also rather pearce at my club then maloney, maloney has probably had better performance in big games(club level atleast) but probably still think pearce is more likely to do a week in/week out job to get you to those big games.

for a single season, you could probably argue him over cleary too and even keary isn't a slam dunk over pearce imo

in any case, its quite clear to anyone that regardless of how overpaid he may be(and most good halves are paid very well ) he is quite clearly better then decent and ryno was originally trolling with "no decent halves"
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:49 am

ryno_ wrote:

Since the last time Jacob Saifiti started second row (2016), he's played 3 games at prop and 1 game at 13 (32 off the bench). He's capable of middle forward or edge forward.  Same for Buhrer - capable of either. I honestly don't understand the contention here - you signed a good prop for market price, sure... but is the point that you weren't short on props in the first place really up for debate? You've got plenty, whether thats 11 or 10. Surely a million bucks a year would be better spent somewhere else? Widdop or SJ for a start, saves you moving your best player out of his preferred position.

If Sione is on more then minimum wage, he's on overs.
    Cool so Jacob saifiti has played more back row than front row. He might end up a front rower full time and is capable of playing both. Cool.
    Buhrer, sure he is capable of playing 13, but he doesnt any more. He plays an edge back row position and plays hooker and covers in the halves.
    We could have 32 props and if we only have 1 or 2 good ones we are fucked. If you look at each team's squad they all have about the same amount of middle and edge forwards... lol. You must be super concerned about the Cowboys if you think that the knights have too many middle forwards.

Out of all the players you have named, the only 7s better are Cronk, Cleary and possibly Michael Morgan. The rest either dont play 7 or its subjective as to whether they are better or not.
    What has milford or johnson won? Sweet fuck all. At least pearce has a GF win to his name. He is clearly and obviously one of the best club halfbacks in the game at the moment and has been for some time. I also suspect that if he were to play origin again, he would be fine as he isnt playing against the best team ever any more.

If Pearce/Ponga click in the halves they have the potential to be the best halves pair in the comp, and if Watson lives up to his potential he could bean excellent attacking fullback. Nothing is set in stone but its hardly a bad problem.

Sione is a decent centre I reckon, hes not amazing but he is hardly a scrub.

And yeah, barring any major injury crisis (i.e. Pearce/Ponga/Klemmer) going down, The knights will absolutely finish higher on the ladder than the broncos next season.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:35 am

johnson helped NZ win the four nations the year he won the golden boot, can't not acknowledge some of his international accomplishments on the same level as origin imo

i thought sione was pretty good last year

i'd pick brisbane to finish above newy but atleast 2 wins
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:59 am

Who won the golden boot this year? lol

Johnson is a good player, I really like him. I would love to have him at newcastle. I wouldnt take him at the expense of Klemmer though, considering we have Ponga and Pearce in the side. I would absolutely take him over Watson though. Him and Ponga together would cause chaos.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:39 am

Krump wrote:I'd bet my avatar on the Knights finishing higher than the Broncos next year, especially if they don't come to their senses and pay out Bennett.

leaguegod wrote:
    i'd pick brisbane to finish above newy but atleast 2 wins

Worst avatar bet ever.
    2019 NIB Knights  - Page 48 94356213-man-faceless-avatar-icon-vector-illustration-graphic-design
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:27 am

Newie being linked to Cook now lol
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:15 am

Look I'd love Cook to come in 2020 IF he improves on last year. He was amazing but I don't want him to go backwards in the slightest and if he does I wouldn't sign him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:50 pm

I honestly think that cook might have a short shelf life. He relies on super fast play the balls from the Burgi and Murray for his running game, if Newcastle cant give him that and he cant utilise that speed then he is deadset an average hooker. If he gets a knee injury and loses that electric speed off the mark then he is a massive waste of money too IMO.

Wouldnt mind seeing young Woolford get a start this year, he was great in the lower grades.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Pieman wrote:I honestly think that cook might have a short shelf life. He relies on super fast play the balls from the Burgi and Murray for his running game, if Newcastle cant give him that and he cant utilise that speed then he is deadset an average hooker. If he gets a knee injury and loses that electric speed off the mark then he is a massive waste of money too IMO.

Wouldnt mind seeing young Woolford get a start this year, he was great in the lower grades.
    With 47 middle forwards on the books I would have thought fast play the balls would be the least of Newcastles worries.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 pm

woolford wasn't that great in the lower grades at all but did have a good game in the GF. had been lucky to get 30 mins most of the regular season in ressies. was usually a noticable difference between him and nu brown at that level

i'm not sure whether cooks flames out or not but i'd defs be holding off offering big money in 2020 untill he has sustained that form a fair bit into 2019
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:47 pm

From what I saw of Woolford, I thought he was really good. Be interesting to see how he goes.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Krump wrote:
    With 47 middle forwards on the books I would have thought fast play the balls would be the least of Newcastles worries.

Yeah mate he must be licking his lips at the thought of running from dummy half after one of Jamie Buhrer's powerhouse runs

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am