NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Dip

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Dip Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 am

Personally I don't know if saying he wants an upgrade is a dropable offence. I was watching Joey Tapine smash the Roosters on the weekend and I thought about this. They dropped him from the training squad for playing elsewhere. They dropped Ross for saying he wanted a pay rise. I don't know if that sends a message of wanting to be professional, because I don't think throwing your toys out of the cot is professional. Seems to me another example of the Knights shitting in their own nest by not playing their best team when they already have a struggling team.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue May 30, 2017 4:50 pm

We've drawn a line in the sand. If you want an upgrade do it in private and not in the papers. Nothing unsettles a team faster than money out in the media.

I see your point, I just don't agree with it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Dip wrote:Personally I don't know if saying he wants an upgrade is a dropable offence. I was watching Joey Tapine smash the Roosters on the weekend and I thought about this. They dropped him from the training squad for playing elsewhere. They dropped Ross for saying he wanted a pay rise. I don't know if that sends a message of wanting to be professional, because I don't think throwing your toys out of the cot is professional. Seems to me another example of the Knights shitting in their own nest by not playing their best team when they already have a struggling team.

You cant air ur dirty laundry to the media when ever you want just to get a reaction. I totally agree with what brown did. it sets a standard. He knows who is in charge now and knows not to go to the media in order to get a reaction again.

Like I said before He is going to have a short first grade career and he is trying to cash in right now. In reality he is 28, inexperienced with 34 first grade games under his belt. He is getting paid at least 150k and the bloke is demanding an upgrade mid contract THROUGH THE MEDIA, who the fuck does he think he is?

The tapine thing might it clearly a mistake, letting him go. Dropping him after he signed wasnt. Letting him go after he signed wasnt either.
    We didnt want to match the offer - but should have. He would be out best forward if he stayed. He is still incredibly inconsistent at the raiders tho, who have a stellar pack/hooker so who knows what he would be like at newie.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:28 pm

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 25 Airplane-cant-be-serious

Newcastle is close, but it isn't quite Sydney - the destination Cooper Cronk would like to land to be close to fiancee Tara Rushton - although the Knights have found a loophole to lure the Melbourne star to the Hunter.

Fox Sports journalist James Hooper reports the Novocastrians will allow Cronk to train just two days a week and only play on weekends as part of a specifically targeted contract to cater for the 33-year-old's needs.

''The Knights have told the Kangaroos halfback he only needs to attend two training sessions per week and then play on the weekend,'' Hooper wrote.

The Storm aren't giving up hope despite Cronk's formal announcement that he will be moving cities next year and they are willing to allow him to sit out for the opening two months of the season.

That means Cronk would commence playing in May as the club attempt to transition Brodie Croft into the halves.

It's crazy what teams will do for talent.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:12 am

I dont see how that is a loop hole? Its a contract negotiation.

Considering he is 33 and would be 34 next year - wouldnt want him having a full training schedule anyway.

Not to mention the guy doesnt really appear to be a slacker and isnt going to hit kfc hunter st any time soon if he comes. Is it worth it for a year? A year with Lamb and Ponga could do wonders for them, but would he be effective behind Saifiti/Starling/Levi?

Newie talking signing Guerra ... Back row is literally the last position we need. Not to mention that the guy is slightly above average at best IMO. Depending on the cash (I assume it would be a fair wod) then I dont know if I like it. I like Barnett/Sione/Buhrer as a back row. Stone looks great and is coming along well, yates is small but a goer. I duno hey. Unless Barnett or Guerra are going to play front row, I dont know if I like it.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am

You buy Cronk to add professionalism to a side, I'd assume.

Then have him train 2 days a week?

Does the Knights board actually carry lube in their pockets, just to avoid a missed opportunity to bend over and get reamed? Dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Even if he wasn't training, surely he's THERE, right??

Sure, HE might play well on a 2 day training schedule. You're hardly getting full value from him at that point though.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:12 am

there are bad calls all the time but every now and then, but then there are calls we simply can't accept

its come out that the touchie said said the uate shocker upstairs but the bunker saw 1 replay before that and told the ref to award the try(according to archer, they are not allowed to do this anyway!)

whoever told klein to award it both breached protocol about the process they take and got it complete and utterly wrong.

i don't think you can just deduct 6 point off and say Newcastle defs win like many are on social media but its a situation where they were as robbed as you can be because the call was that fucking terrible and had a huge saying on the result
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:02 am

I didn't see the game, but saw the vision replayed on 9 and it looked worse than that.

In real time the touchie in his first NRL game says send it upstairs, you can read his lips and interpret his actions. Was it Klein ? ignores him and awards it on the spot. The bunker can't intervene if it isn't sent to them. Which then posed the question, should they ? and where do you draw the line ?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 am

thats what everyone thought happened originally

but NRL have now confirmed that maxwell (in the bunker) told klein to award the try because he had viewed a replay even tho the protocol doesn't allow for maxwell to do that

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 am

sack em both then
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 am

i think maxwell is mainly to blame, klein probably should have still sent it but when the guy is going to send it to, says he has seen a replay, all good to give it, i think the majority of blame transfers to Maxwell
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:12 am

We want the refs to make decisions, but geez, in those conditions, surely you go upstairs for basically everything.

It would be a pretty radical change but they can wait for the dropout clock to be down to 1 second and the bunker can instruct them to change to a 20m tap. Maybe they should be able to overrule the try if the conversion hasn't happened yet.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:41 am

It's just another in a string of bullshit calls we've had this year. It's seemingly every week at the moment, there's always something wrong but because we're at the bottom of the ladder there's no noise about it. If this happened to Sharks/Broncos/Storm their would be an absolute outrage every week.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:36 am

Honeysett wrote:It's just another in a string of bullshit calls we've had this year. It's seemingly every week at the moment, there's always something wrong but because we're at the bottom of the ladder there's no noise about it. If this happened to Sharks/Broncos/Storm their would be an absolute outrage every week.

Exactly. You very rarely if ever see howlers like that called against Melbourne/Roosters/Brisbane and co.

Newcastle seems to cop one absolute holwer - or are on the wrong end of a 50/50 every single week
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:42 am

Knights have signed Guerra, not stoked about it.
    If Barnett plays FR then ok? Guerra is average IMO.

And apparently we are still chasing SKD for some unknown reason
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:00 pm

As much as I think Guerra has done a good job in Origin's Past, I wasn't sorry to see him booted. Normally he ignored club form and goes hard in Origin - this year, he's just horribly out of form.

You never know how these things work out, but I'd agree with you: not a blue chip pick up.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:25 pm

He has been so badly out of form for a few years now.
    Hopefully a change in club does him some good but fuark me... it doesnt scream good hard working Newcastle kind of player that we so desperately need. Especially when we have a decent back row in Barnett, Sione and Buhrer.

We desperately need a half and now a strike outsideback - SKD is not the answer. I wouldnt mind seeing us chase curtis scott, hes had some wraps on him for ages now - and I would love for us to go hard after Latrell Mitchell to bring him home. Connor Watson wouldnt be a bad pickup either.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:35 pm

So, we've got a gentleman's agreement to behave in the club threads, and go nuts in SOO? Or is it open slather everywhere? Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:43 pm

dasherhalo wrote:So, we've got a gentleman's agreement to behave in the club threads, and go nuts in SOO? Or is it open slather everywhere? Smile
    Laugh 3
    I think we are allowed to have snipes here and there mate where ever we want.

Either way, its been a good day for Pieman
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 am

Peter Hiku released from Penrith to go to the SL. He would be a much much better signing than SKD. I wonder why we didn't pick him up immediately. Great player, covers FB centre and wing.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:27 am