NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26822
    Reputation : 8252
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by wolfking Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 pm

    @FalconSloth wrote:
    Any advice then on my trades? want to trade Brailey but don't see much point in getting Murray or Taumalolo when Haas is a little bit more but can't figure out how else to raise the money to get Haas

    I'd go Haas over both of those mate.
    gouds
    gouds

    Posts : 20
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2021-02-23

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by gouds Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:15 pm

    Which two would you loop out of CHN, Schuster, Tauamalolo, gamble and Watson.

    Thinking gamble and schuster at this stage.
    avatar
    lukeayee

    Posts : 119
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2021-07-15

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by lukeayee Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:16 pm

    @FalconSloth wrote:
    Any advice then on my trades? want to trade Brailey but don't see much point in getting Murray or Taumalolo when Haas is a little bit more but can't figure out how else to raise the money to get Haas

    Haas right now offers the best value for money for a keepr IMO.

    Id dump CHN and Simmo for Haas and a nuffie/whoever you can afford.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12649
    Reputation : 3394
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:19 pm

    @Camo123 wrote:

    Getting ready for 2024 Fantasy??

    Geeez was it that long haha
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3903
    Reputation : 1973
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Fortitude Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:27 pm

    I really want to bring in Haas this week. Struggling to work out who for. Before trades, team looks like this:

    Smith
    Harris, ipap, JFH
    Angus, Fifita
    Sj, hunt
    Avo, bird
    Turbo, hynes, teddy

    Moses, fog, tolo, CHN

    Afb, Walsh, Burton Verrils.

    250k and 6 trades.

    Main options for Haas trade out are:

    Harris: injured, and generate coin to ease the trade pain of bringing Cleary back.
    JFH: probably the preference at this point. As he might miss a week or two with birth of child, actually, might miss more if he leaves a covid bubble.
    CHN: is a good upgrade, but costs more coin.
    Afb: same as CHN


    I’d appreciate any views people might have on who to move on, or should am I missing an other area I should be focusing on?

    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11187
    Reputation : 6411
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Chewie Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:28 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I'd go with Lucy and not particularly close IMO. Had a similar choice a few weeks back and gave Lucy the flick

    @mrbrownstone wrote:

    Same choice. Lucy's gone for me.

    Excellent!

    The Lucy banner is on it's way bounce
    ynot
    ynot

    Posts : 146
    Reputation : 610
    Join date : 2021-03-23

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by ynot Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:I really want to bring in Haas this week. Struggling to work out who for. Before trades, team looks like this:

    Smith
    Harris, ipap, JFH
    Angus, Fifita
    Sj, hunt
    Avo, bird
    Turbo, hynes, teddy

    Moses, fog, tolo, CHN

    Afb, Walsh, Burton Verrils.

    250k and 6 trades.

    Main options for Haas trade out are:

    Harris: injured, and generate coin to ease the trade pain of bringing Cleary back.
    JFH: probably the preference at this point. As he might miss a week or two with birth of child, actually, might miss more if he leaves a covid bubble.
    CHN: is a good upgrade, but costs more coin.
    Afb: same as CHN


    I’d appreciate any views people might have on who to move on, or should am I missing an other area I should be focusing on?


    Your team is stacked, but:

    JFH in a second, Haas is a tier or two above in my view.

    I'd also be getting Burton in your scoring team.


    Last edited by ynot on Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 2256
    Reputation : 981
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by mrbrownstone Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:40 pm

    @Chewie wrote:



    Excellent!

    The Lucy banner is on it's way bounce

    Almost certainly. I may keep him this week & trade to Murray/Haas next, just because it's the Broncos.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3903
    Reputation : 1973
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Fortitude Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:40 pm

    @ynot wrote:

    JFH in a second, Haas is a tier or two above in my view.

    You’re probably right. Think I’m letting a bit of bias cloud my judgement because I like him as a payer and has been a rock for my team.

    Who would you have Burton over??


    Thanks for your view

    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

    Posts : 1273
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2017-03-29

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by hymenbustas Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:42 pm

    Moses for a banner. Similar to DCE after game 2.
    avatar
    bigdog777

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2020-06-03

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by bigdog777 Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:44 pm

    Have 5 trades remaining, 610k ITB to upgrade haraweira-naera to anyone. Best available include Hughes, Ponga, Mahoney or Murray.

    Reckon its best to trade him now before he starts losing value or try hold a week or two to bring Tohu/Cleary back in which I probably can't do after if I spend all the cash in the bank now? Or if trade, who for? Leaning Hughes.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

    Posts : 1870
    Reputation : 990
    Join date : 2021-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:45 pm

    @hymenbustas wrote:Moses for a banner. Similar to DCE after game 2.

    Yep a banner worth of missed tackles Beer
    ynot
    ynot

    Posts : 146
    Reputation : 610
    Join date : 2021-03-23

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by ynot Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:47 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    You’re probably right. Think I’m letting a bit of bias cloud my judgement because I like him as a payer and has been a rock for my team.

    Who would you have Burton over??


    Thanks for your view


    Tough one, but probably Bird, I think Burton could have 500+ kick metres.
    toast
    toast

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 636
    Join date : 2021-04-19
    Location : Toaster

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by toast Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:48 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    You’re probably right. Think I’m letting a bit of bias cloud my judgement because I like him as a payer and has been a rock for my team.

    Who would you have Burton over??


    Thanks for your view


    Burton in the halves I would think is safer than Bird at centre
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26822
    Reputation : 8252
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by wolfking Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:51 pm

    @toast Where did you end up with your Laurie scenario?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3903
    Reputation : 1973
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Fortitude Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:51 pm

    @bigdog777 wrote:Have 5 trades remaining, 610k ITB to upgrade haraweira-naera to anyone. Best available include Hughes, Ponga, Mahoney or Murray.

    Reckon its best to trade him now before he starts losing value or try hold a week or two to bring Tohu/Cleary back in which I probably can't do after if I spend all the cash in the bank now? Or if trade, who for? Leaning Hughes.

    Hughes will be that player that everyone says all year, can’t sustain the scores, then at end of year says shit I wish I had Hughes. He has the game to be a great scorer, so it shouldn’t be a surprise he is doing well. There is the question mark over papy coming back and his scores going down. There is evidence to support the theory, but, I reckon it’s sustainable.

    The big question is the Cleary factor, having him locks in the best captain option. That’s a huge benefit. The winning team 100% will have Cleary at end of season assuming he come back round 20 as implied.

    If CHN is your first option to trade out, Id be waiting a week to see what happens with Harris and if more news on Cleary comes out. CHN is still quality, not top tier, but better than a lot of other options.

    Also, I rate the ponga trade in thoughts. He on the shopping list, possibly over pappy for me.


    On pappy. Hoping he comes off the bench for his first game (or two) so his price plummets. Then maybe I’ll get him.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3903
    Reputation : 1973
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Fortitude Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:53 pm

    @toast wrote:

    Burton in the halves I would think is safer than Bird at centre

    Yeah, I agree. I’m cautious of getting burnt by Burton shifting to ctrs. Again. That really boiled my urine.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26822
    Reputation : 8252
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by wolfking Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    Yeah, I agree. I’m cautious of getting burnt by Burton shifting to ctrs. Again. That really boiled my urine.

    Surely there's no chance of that now with both Cleary and Luai out.
    ynot
    ynot

    Posts : 146
    Reputation : 610
    Join date : 2021-03-23

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by ynot Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:56 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    Yeah, I agree. I’m cautious of getting burnt by Burton shifting to ctrs. Again. That really boiled my urine.

    If Burton plays in the centres again I’ll throw something across the lounge room and into the wall I don’t think I’d be able to control myself.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3903
    Reputation : 1973
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 76 - Register for the Eliminator

    Post by Fortitude Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:00 pm

    @ynot wrote:

    If Burton plays in the centres again I’ll throw something across the lounge room and into the wall I don’t think I’d be able to control myself.

    lol!

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:23 pm