NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 13833
    Reputation : 7391
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by filthridden Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:16 am

    @SaveTheCheerleader wrote:

    Roids..

    Interestingly enough it can be a symptom of both roids and meth.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18899
    Reputation : 9614
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:28 am

    Given Papy's last month, I'll be surprised if Welch is back soon

    Travis Meyn
    @travismeyn
    QUEENSLAND prop Christian Welch OUT of Warriors-Storm and in some doubt for Origin II after suffering another head knock last night. Expecting Storm to take a cautious approach given his history.


    Meanwhile Papy is in one picture where he appears to be "training" on the Storm website. As usual, Wacko has to word it like he has some 'info' and hasn't just gone to www.melbournestorm.com.au and made assumptions-

    Wacko's Whispers
    @WackosWhispers
    Good to see Storm Ryan Papenhuyzen return to training paddock this week starting his rehab running as a part of his recovery from concussion suffered in #NRLStormDragons during Magic Round
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:44 am

    @Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m gonna have a little crazy hour whinge. So Souths could be without our best player Murray this week due to the Feldt tackle and Feldt is free to play this weekend? Bloody bullshit if you ask me.

    Also where has the consistency gone? They said they would not ref origin differently and they did. What does this mean for the NRL now I’m a bit confused at the inconsistency and THIS IS WHAT OUTRAGES THE FANS IS THE INCONSISTENCY I AM OVER IT!!

    As for Munster he connected with his his kick shouldn’t that be 2-3 weeks? I mean when Trell did it in the game v Tigers he didn’t connnect and was fined and some were calling for it to be 6-8 weeks if Trell connected, but the fact Munster connected with the kick shouldn’t that warrant some form of suspension? I’m just a bit shocked and confused by it all that’s all!

    I think Cleary did a kick too at some point at a QLD player. Not sure if it connected but shouldn’t he have also at least been fined?

    Ok rant over I feel a bit better after getting that out!

    As a Souths fan I can admit we got a lucky one tonight as well I thought Su’a shoulder charged Trell and should’ve got a grade 1 charge and with carry over points 2 weeks. I guess I’ll take it though as Murray probs being out and Feldt only getting fined is a bit lenient.


    Like all of a sudden the judiciary has gone from giving 5 weeks to Dragons guys to only  giving one week or fines now for similar incidents.

    In fact I’ll shut up now as the more I think about it and keep going the more I’m scratching my head.........

    Anyone else frustrated/scratching their head like me?
    You're right, there is some inconsistency, also there is water in the ocean and I'm terrible at fantasy, more news after the break. Surprised you've had to go to other games to mention inconsistency though (granted, you picked up the fact Cleary himself reacted to shit and there was no mention of it), given the number of shots BOTH teams did that made contact with the head that went by with nothing. I mean Feldt himself copped a couple high but I'm not seeing anyone in blue cited for anything this week (and there could have been more guys in maroon cited fwiw). Munster was dumb, but if you really want to give him 2-3 weeks for that when it was so soft, then what's a fine and what's 1 week? You going to start handing out a fine or week for a hand on the face or for stuff like Luai coming over to Sua? Seems pretty silly right, that sorta hysteria just leads to 90 sin bins a week.
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:46 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    Get that into ye, you maroon cunts! Up the Blues tongue Very Happy
    More of this please, then move on to how bad QLD are. Wink
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18899
    Reputation : 9614
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:47 am

    @Archer wrote:You're right, there is some inconsistency

    No inconsistency in Rabbits posts though. If a Souths player is deemed to be wronged, a whinge will follow.


    zzz z z
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 8052
    Reputation : 3577
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 am

    @filthridden wrote:

    Interestingly enough it can be a symptom of both roids and meth.

    And wanking. Apparently.
    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1671
    Reputation : 1200
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by ytsb Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:00 am

    Hats off to Freddy for being willing to experiment with two fullbacks in attack. No Maroons side should ever have to experience Teddy, Turbo, and Latrell linking up like that, I feel sorry for you guys. Can't wait to watch Game 2 live at Suncorp. This time no flask tho.

    NSW game out firing and finished firing, QLD couldn't match the intensity on either defence or offense from the get go.
    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1671
    Reputation : 1200
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by ytsb Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:01 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    And wanking. Apparently.

    I've been wanking for 11 or so hours now and no signs of acne yet! Will report back later
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:01 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    Dunno how much it's Green and how much it's simply troops. At the moment, QLD have at most four players who'd make the NSW team (Munster, Welsh, Fifita, maybe Grant) and one of those went off after 12 minutes. Coates and Su'a struggle to get into their club sides and their depth is so bad people are suggesting Chambers comes in! They could be coached by Craig Bellamy and they'd still struggle.
    Despite Sims playing well, I'd take Capewell over him every day. I'd also take Tino (and maybe Mo if he keeps performing like last game) over Jtrbo and Martin. Origin Gagai is as good as his opposites as proven by all of the times he's shown that in the past. I know everyone loves to blow smoke up Cleary's arse but I'm happy with DCE (I'd take either, but just cause I wouldn't pick one over the other doesn't suggest either is a bad player). We played poorly and we are missing some important players (not having Papa and Collins made that Welch loss hurt so much more) but the coaching staff have to take their share of the blame as well and there isn't the gulf between the two sides as you suggest (or maybe there is, maybe this is the worst ever qld side?). Despite a few problems with depth we still had options such as using Brimo/Holmes differently with Hunt into 14 etc.
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:11 am

    God dammit I've gotta change my avatar again, fuck it might choose to curse a non raider this time.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 8052
    Reputation : 3577
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:11 am

    @Archer wrote:
    Despite Sims playing well, I'd take Capewell over him every day. I'd also take Tino (and maybe Mo if he keeps performing like last game) over Jtrbo and Martin. Origin Gagai is as good as his opposites as proven by all of the times he's shown that in the past. I know everyone loves to blow smoke up Cleary's arse but I'm happy with DCE (I'd take either, but just cause I wouldn't pick one over the other doesn't suggest either is a bad player). We played poorly and we are missing some important players (not having Papa and Collins made that Welch loss hurt so much more) but the coaching staff have to take their share of the blame as well and there isn't the gulf between the two sides as you suggest (or maybe there is, maybe this is the worst ever qld side?). Despite a few problems with depth we still had options such as using Brimo/Holmes differently with Hunt into 14 etc.

    You'd take Capewell over Sims maybe, but what would have been NSW's first choice second row (Crichton and Frizell) were out.

    Fotuaika was good. It'd be a different pack with Welsh, Collins and an in-form Papalii in there, but NSW were missing half their pack as well, just have much better depth.
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:13 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    You'd take Capewell over Sims maybe, but what would have been NSW's first choice second row (Crichton and Frizell) were out.

    Fotuaika was good. It'd be a different pack with Welsh, Collins and an in-form Papalii in there, but NSW were missing half their pack as well, just have much better depth.
    I'd take any of Friz, Chrichton, Fifi or Capewell, but that just makes them evenly matched.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12649
    Reputation : 3394
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:19 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    You'd take Capewell over Sims maybe, but what would have been NSW's first choice second row (Crichton and Frizell) were out.

    Fotuaika was good. It'd be a different pack with Welsh, Collins and an in-form Papalii in there, but NSW were missing half their pack as well, just have much better depth.
    He’s pretty busy with his kids sports atm and not sure if eligible or up to scratch
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:23 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    He’s pretty busy with his kids sports atm and not sure if eligible or up to scratch
    Definitely eligible, definitely not up to scratch. Wouldn't pass the IQ test.
    Ps: found a new avatar. This'll do.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:25 am

    Well I feel like shit today
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 673
    Join date : 2018-02-01
    Location : Bottom of the ladder

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Joey Superior Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:26 am

    @Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m gonna have a little crazy hour whinge. So Souths could be without our best player Murray this week due to the Feldt tackle and Feldt is free to play this weekend? Bloody bullshit if you ask me.

    Also where has the consistency gone? They said they would not ref origin differently and they did. What does this mean for the NRL now I’m a bit confused at the inconsistency and THIS IS WHAT OUTRAGES THE FANS IS THE INCONSISTENCY I AM OVER IT!!

    As for Munster he connected with his his kick shouldn’t that be 2-3 weeks? I mean when Trell did it in the game v Tigers he didn’t connnect and was fined and some were calling for it to be 6-8 weeks if Trell connected, but the fact Munster connected with the kick shouldn’t that warrant some form of suspension? I’m just a bit shocked and confused by it all that’s all!

    I think Cleary did a kick too at some point at a QLD player. Not sure if it connected but shouldn’t he have also at least been fined?

    Ok rant over I feel a bit better after getting that out!

    As a Souths fan I can admit we got a lucky one tonight as well I thought Su’a shoulder charged Trell and should’ve got a grade 1 charge and with carry over points 2 weeks. I guess I’ll take it though as Murray probs being out and Feldt only getting fined is a bit lenient.


    Like all of a sudden the judiciary has gone from giving 5 weeks to Dragons guys to only  giving one week or fines now for similar incidents.

    In fact I’ll shut up now as the more I think about it and keep going the more I’m scratching my head.........

    Anyone else frustrated/scratching their head like me?

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Giphy

    Do you even enjoy watching the games anymore?

    Seems like every week after games you tend to always dive straight into the negatives and have an eagle eye on what a player does wrong in the game.
    Chucky
    Chucky

    Posts : 2190
    Reputation : 1726
    Join date : 2015-10-01
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW Southern Highlands

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Chucky Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:28 am

    @Archer wrote:
    Definitely eligible, definitely not up to scratch. Wouldn't pass the IQ test.
    Ps: found a new avatar. This'll do.
    Wales, that’s in Queensland. Welsh
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 6523
    Reputation : 2244
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Who's asking

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by Archer Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:33 am

    @Chucky wrote:
    Wales, that’s in Queensland. Welsh
    Wales is ruled over by the Queen, it's her land (Right Welshy Razz). It's also specifically not the NEW SOUTH wales. It's not our problem if the blues painted themselves into a corner with this.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26790
    Reputation : 8218
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by wolfking Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:35 am

    Interested how QLD respond to this. If Bennett were in charge I'd be okay but Green, not so much.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 9523
    Reputation : 3012
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Inside the Cheese

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 63 - The Gift of Hynesight

    Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:37 am

    @wolfking wrote:Interested how QLD respond to this.  If Bennett were in charge I'd be okay but Green, not so much.

    After waking up this morning and reflecting over the game you can definitely tell it is a Paul Green coached team. Played very much like the Cowboys used to play.

    Majority of 4th tackle plays were just a forward hitting up the line. Got very clunky as soon as they started attacking the try line and once they let in a couple tries they just gave up.

      Current date/time is Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 pm