NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3506
    Reputation : 1632
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Fortitude Tue May 25, 2021 11:29 am

    First bye team looking like:

    Braily
    JFH,Watson, B.Smith
    Ipap, Matterson
    Moses, Fog
    Bird
    Laurie, Hynes, To'o

    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1562
    Reputation : 1084
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by ytsb Tue May 25, 2021 11:31 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    I think you could comfortably promote Fog, MC9, Schuster, Peachey to keeper status, potentially Starling depending on role. Take Schuster for example averaging 51 and covers two postions. You could do worse for a final team 17th/18th/19th man.

    You're right. Seems like carrying 19 men is going to be important as the season, and player's carry over points for indiscretions, develop. Walker + Simpkin to MC9 and Fleg seems like no brainers to me at this stage but we will see what TLT brings. It's likely that after R13 I'll trade Leniu to Verrills as a red dot to fund some big moves using any injured/suspended R13 players.

    Seems like we have been on the same page this season Mulvy, have done many of the same risky trades. Gunning for you to finish strong!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 14485
    Reputation : 6617
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Mulvy Tue May 25, 2021 11:33 am

    @Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

    Yeah thought so mate. How long is Ash Taylor out for? Would be hoping Tanah stays there for as long as possible if I get Fog

    Fog's been one of my best trades. Has averaged 61.5 since I've owned him for 577k and POD to boot. I don't think Taylor takes much off him if he comes back. Probably still a buy.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10517
    Reputation : 5895
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Chewie Tue May 25, 2021 11:33 am

    @Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

    Yeah thought so mate. How long is Ash Taylor out for? Would be hoping Tanah stays there for as long as possible if I get Fog
    There was talk of AT being on the outer after struggling to get back into form. There are trade whispers going around that he won't be staying at the Titans. 
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2021-titans-playmaker-ash-taylor-may-be-forced-out-as-new-stars-rise/news-story/f333dea814b92ab5a0ef31f8af201515
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 24710
    Reputation : 7229
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by wolfking Tue May 25, 2021 11:35 am

    Fog is a locked in keeper for me.
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 8396
    Reputation : 2967
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by WT2K Tue May 25, 2021 11:36 am

    Yea, fog will be staying for the season
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

    Posts : 7336
    Reputation : 2210
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Rabbits21 Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am

    @Mr Snrub wrote:

    Isn't Ash kind of half injured, half dropped for form. If the Titans can keep getting wins I don't see them changing the team too much and I think they've got a good chance against the Sharks this week.  
    The Titans draw soon gets a lot harder so just beware.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 14485
    Reputation : 6617
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Mulvy Tue May 25, 2021 11:38 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I think these guys will be sufficient in favour of saving trades.

    If this crackdown continues we will probably see huge moves for anyone with trades in hamd in the last couple weeks of the year.


    Yeah will be interesting to see whether the crackdown indeed continues or fades out like a lot of their initiatives.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

    Posts : 2629
    Reputation : 491
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by danseels1985 Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 am

    This is my team after trades(pending trades as the 2nd trade may not be necessary)

    15 trades 12k bank

    Walker to Hynes
    Simpkin to Flegler

    Brailey
    Haas Harris Watson
    Angus Matto
    Cleary Moses
    Olam Crichton
    Teddy Hynes Laurie

    TPJ
    Fogarty
    Schuster
    Walsh

    Flegler
    Leniu
    Stefano
    Roberts

    Thoughts?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 14485
    Reputation : 6617
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Mulvy Tue May 25, 2021 11:41 am

    @ytsb wrote:

    You're right. Seems like carrying 19 men is going to be important as the season, and player's carry over points for indiscretions, develop. Walker + Simpkin to MC9 and Fleg seems like no brainers to me at this stage but we will see what TLT brings. It's likely that after R13 I'll trade Leniu to Verrills as a red dot to fund some big moves using any injured/suspended R13 players.

    Seems like we have been on the same page this season Mulvy, have done many of the same risky trades. Gunning for you to finish strong!

    Thanks mate, I noticed in preseason we were pretty like minded, is why I picked you for fantasy fantasy!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17990
    Reputation : 8923
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by my tv broke Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Yeah will be interesting to see whether the crackdown indeed continues or fades out like a lot of their initiatives.

    Even if it doesnt, seems pike people are having to burn more trades than usual at the moment.. which is good for anyone who stays patient (and has a bit of luck + stronger 21)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 24710
    Reputation : 7229
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by wolfking Tue May 25, 2021 11:44 am

    @Rabbits21 wrote:
    The Titans draw soon gets a lot harder so just beware.

    Sounds like something a non Fog believer would say.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

    Posts : 7336
    Reputation : 2210
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Rabbits21 Tue May 25, 2021 11:44 am

    Do we think there is a chance Simpkin starts this week?

    I get the feeling he won’t but next week once I’ve sold him and he will then start.
    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1562
    Reputation : 1084
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by ytsb Tue May 25, 2021 11:45 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Thanks mate, I noticed in preseason we were pretty like minded, is why I picked you for fantasy fantasy!

    It's a shame L9 is so bloody stacked, haven't been able to net you many points despite good scores! Walker over Schuster cost you like 3 this round.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 3506
    Reputation : 1632
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Fortitude Tue May 25, 2021 11:49 am

    @danseels1985 wrote:This is my team after trades(pending trades as the 2nd trade may not be necessary)

    15 trades 12k bank

    Walker to Hynes
    Simpkin to Flegler

    Brailey
    Haas Harris Watson
    Angus Matto
    Cleary Moses
    Olam Crichton
    Teddy Hynes Laurie

    TPJ
    Fogarty
    Schuster
    Walsh

    Flegler
    Leniu
    Stefano
    Roberts

    Thoughts?

    Not enough Turbo for my liking.

    But, you have bulk rd 12 mids,, hopefully you have enough trades to upgrade them down the track.
    avatar
    ynot

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 79
    Join date : 2021-03-23

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by ynot Tue May 25, 2021 11:50 am

    @Rabbits21 wrote:Do we think there is a chance Simpkin starts this week?

    I get the feeling he won’t but next week once I’ve sold him and he will then start.

    Probably not but: Early Mail says he might start this week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 14485
    Reputation : 6617
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Mulvy Tue May 25, 2021 11:57 am

    Just out of curiosity I went back and had a look at my preseason notes on Fog because I remember I was keen on him to start the year but couldn't fit him in. He was priced at 666k or 49.7 points. I had him pegged at 58 with the following notes:

    "GK should add 6 to his avg bringing him into keeper range without doing anything. I'm expecting slight improvement from start of last year, finding his feet, learning the plays, getting to know team mates. Yes, he had a purple patch 2nd half of last year, 17 higher in rds 11-20 vs rds 3-10, but 7 of that was base stats, 5 of it KMs. And he should continue to get attacking stats in a better team with Fifita outside him. Plays first bye. Seems low risk, high reward."

    Pretty well spot on, except the Fifita outside him part.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 1062
    Reputation : 1073
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 38
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 25, 2021 11:59 am

    Anyone thinking about trading out Gamble?

    He looks the type to miss another half dozen games through suspension
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 14485
    Reputation : 6617
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by Mulvy Tue May 25, 2021 11:59 am

    @ytsb wrote:

    It's a shame L9 is so bloody stacked, haven't been able to net you many points despite good scores! Walker over Schuster cost you like 3 this round.

    Ah all a bit of fun mate, wouldn't stress over it Very Happy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 24710
    Reputation : 7229
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 57 - Lead with your chin

    Post by wolfking Tue May 25, 2021 12:00 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:Just out of curiosity I went back and had a look at my preseason notes on Fog because I remember I was keen on him to start the year but couldn't fit him in. He was priced at 666k or 49.7 points. I had him pegged at 58 with the following notes:

    "GK should add 6 to his avg bringing him into keeper range without doing anything. I'm expecting slight improvement from start of last year, finding his feet, learning the plays, getting to know team mates. Yes, he had a purple patch 2nd half of last year, 17 higher in rds 11-20 vs rds 3-10, but 7 of that was base stats, 5 of it KMs. And he should continue to get attacking stats in a better team with Fifita outside him. Plays first bye. Seems low risk, high reward."

    Pretty well spot on, except the Fifita outside him part.

    You are having a dream run mate. Might just copy all your trades for the rest of the year. Razz

      Current date/time is Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:39 pm