NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 9147
    Reputation : 2623
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by mattnz Wed May 05, 2021 7:17 pm

    Ben Elias made an offer to buy Tigers
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7708
    Reputation : 2619
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by WT2K Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 pm

    Peter Badel.. gotta be one of the worst jurnos covering the game
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2473
    Reputation : 1056
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Teeth Eater Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 pm

    All things being equal, I'd prefer Mann to Fog, but for longevity, I'd have to go with Fog. More reliable long term pick.

    As for my team, where's a wet trout across the face when you need one? I was locked into Cini for Hampton, but I find myself seriously considering Joey Leilua. I don't think either is a great option, but part of me thinks BJ might actually be the "better" not-great option. Heavily under-priced if he can hold a spot and Tigers find even a little bit of form. I'm tempted and I don't like it.
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 1976
    Reputation : 562
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Khany Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 pm

    Who are the Pod 2nd rowers people think are a fair shout ?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 7137
    Reputation : 3015
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm

    @Shady2K wrote:

    Just looking at rounds 6-9, Green averaged 384km and Mann averaged 214km. That's some Cleary level km that Mann can take on and beast until at least Round 12

    Crossland has kicked twice in his NRL career - one game for 41km and one game for 24km

    Reckon Ponga will do a sizable share of the kicking. Mann should still get heaps though.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

    Posts : 501
    Reputation : 446
    Join date : 2018-05-16

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Jumping Marlin Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:All things being equal, I'd prefer Mann to Fog, but for longevity, I'd have to go with Fog. More reliable long term pick.

    As for my team, where's a wet trout across the face when you need one? I was locked into Cini for Hampton, but I find myself seriously considering Joey Leilua. I don't think either is a great option, but part of me thinks BJ might actually be the "better" not-great option. Heavily under-priced if he can hold a spot and Tigers find even a little bit of form. I'm tempted and I don't like it.
    I’m currently on BJ too.  I have my confirmation bias glasses on that he “looks” motivated after his dropping... just as long as no-one picks on Lucy during a game...
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7708
    Reputation : 2619
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by WT2K Wed May 05, 2021 7:25 pm

    @Khany wrote:Who are the Pod 2nd rowers people think are a fair shout ?
    :FrizelStop:
    Chewie
    Chewie

    Posts : 9962
    Reputation : 5599
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Chewie Wed May 05, 2021 7:26 pm

    [quote="Teeth Eater"]All things being equal, I'd prefer Mann to Fog, but for longevity, I'd have to go with Fog. More reliable long term pick.

    As for my team, where's a wet trout across the face when you need one? I was locked into Cini for Hampton, but I find myself seriously considering Joey Leilua. I don't think either is a great option, but part of me thinks BJ might actually be the "better" not-great option. Heavily under-priced if he can hold a spot and Tigers find even a little bit of form. I'm tempted and I don't like it.

    Fog is the better pick if he finds a bit of form
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 6756
    Reputation : 3512
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Camo123 Wed May 05, 2021 7:34 pm

    @Shady2K wrote:

    Just looking at rounds 6-9, Green averaged 384km and Mann averaged 214km. That's some Cleary level km that Mann can take on and beast until at least Round 12

    Crossland has kicked twice in his NRL career - one game for 41km and one game for 24km

    Crossland averages 648 KM in NSW cup in 2021*







    (1 game)
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

    Posts : 216
    Reputation : 88
    Join date : 2019-04-23

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Donkeyyyyyy Wed May 05, 2021 7:34 pm

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    Reckon Ponga will do a sizable share of the kicking. Mann should still get heaps though.
    This*. Haven't read all of the discussion Re: Mann v Fog but neither are really are bad pick but Fog is more likely to be in a final 17 than Mann imo and that wins it for me.

    *from a bias Ponga owner hurting from last rounds score
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 7137
    Reputation : 3015
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 05, 2021 7:35 pm

    @Khany wrote:Who are the Pod 2nd rowers people think are a fair shout ?

    Depends what you mean by POD. Frizell (Origin) and Barnett are low ownership but expensive at a price where the mainstream options are better. Lucy is low ownership. Sitili is undervalued after injury game. Koloa is hitting form. CHN is still well underpriced if he continues starting. Katoa has high ceiling but is a gamble.

    With most running Fifita, Schuster and at least one of Angus/Tohu/iPap most of the PODs are behind that.

    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8712
    Reputation : 2295
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by RandomSil Wed May 05, 2021 7:43 pm

    Option One ($907k to spend):

    Out - Hampton + O'Sullivan
    In - Peachey + Gamble

    Option Two ($768k to spend):

    Out - Roberts + O'Sullivan
    In - Averillo + Gamble

    Always open to other peoples options.

    For me as long as Peachey remains as starting Lock, he should outscore Averillo on average and should be a keeper at CTR. While Averillo who knows, no idea if he stays as starting HLF long term but he has looked a lot better since the trade out. I also prefer holding onto Hampton as long as he gets a return time, and starting HLF again he should be a better keeper potentially between him and O'Sullivan who looks like he wont get another crack.
    bigbruno
    bigbruno

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 165
    Join date : 2021-02-27

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by bigbruno Wed May 05, 2021 7:56 pm

    @Chewie wrote:

    Talk dirty to me ! I’m on the same fence mate
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 3115
    Reputation : 994
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Bethany_B Wed May 05, 2021 7:58 pm

    @RandomSil wrote:Option One ($907k to spend):

    Out - Hampton + O'Sullivan
    In - Peachey + Gamble

    Option Two ($768k to spend):

    Out - Roberts + O'Sullivan
    In - Averillo + Gamble

    Always open to other peoples options.

    For me as long as Peachey remains as starting Lock, he should outscore Averillo on average and should be a keeper at CTR. While Averillo who knows, no idea if he stays as starting HLF long term but he has looked a lot better since the trade out. I also prefer holding onto Hampton as long as he gets a return time, and starting HLF again he should be a better keeper potentially between him and O'Sullivan who looks like he wont get another crack.

    Option 1 I think, though be ready to sell Hampton next week. He won't be back for quite a while, but Roberts is a priority sell.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10966
    Reputation : 2620
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 05, 2021 8:02 pm

    Douiehi and Crichton to have 17 this week?
    Mann and Crichton and play 16?

    Thoughts lads?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 3115
    Reputation : 994
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Bethany_B Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Douiehi and Crichton to have 17 this week?
    Mann and Crichton and play 16?

    Thoughts lads?

    Doueihi any day of the week over Mann, I say this as a Doueihi owner
    ice_berg86
    ice_berg86

    Posts : 74
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2017-02-17

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by ice_berg86 Wed May 05, 2021 8:05 pm

    @my tv broke

    I was just thinking, is there anyway of making the Top Fantasy Performers list live so you can click on their names without searching ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10966
    Reputation : 2620
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 05, 2021 8:08 pm

    @Bethany_B wrote:

    Doueihi any day of the week over Mann, I say this as a Doueihi owner
    Haha nothing like a bit of bias 😂
    Cheers for ya thoughts
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 3115
    Reputation : 994
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by Bethany_B Wed May 05, 2021 8:08 pm

    Thoughts on my trade options?

    1: Thompson/Hampton to TPJ/Cini - gives me TPJ who is a keeper as long as he's playing on that edge, and gives me a cheapie to fill in at centre for one week until Momo's back

    2: Thompson/Hampton to Peachey/Starling - Locks down my centres for the year and gives me two good scorers instead of just one. Starling is a big risk but the reward is massive if he keeps the starting spot.
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7708
    Reputation : 2619
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 19 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

    Post by WT2K Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Douiehi and Crichton to have 17 this week?
    Mann and Crichton and play 16?

    Thoughts lads?

    Douiehi. Going off of our captains talk, it's basically his team now.

      Current date/time is Sat May 15, 2021 1:00 pm