NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

    Posts : 231
    Reputation : 263
    Join date : 2020-01-31
    Location : Sydney NSW

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by sgdragons10 Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:16 am

    Do we know Sam verrills BE?? Not showing up on the website?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12649
    Reputation : 3394
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:17 am

    @sgdragons10 wrote:Do we know Sam verrills BE?? Not showing up on the website?

    19?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 2256
    Reputation : 981
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 am

    Surprised at the lack of interest in Hopo given the Hampton, SCrit, Farnworth mentions on here.

    Also has DPP, far better job security than Hampton at least.

    He's like a low-end Tohu, Mr Consistent with 4/6 scores between 29 and 32 this year, the outliers being 18 and 38.

    His all-time record is equally consistent in 60+ mins at centre. He's gone below 20 three times ever (18, 18, 19), and just the once since 2014, which was in R4 this year.

    He may not set the world on fire (although does have a big score in him), but you can almost guarantee a 20 at worst and won't get Roberts levels of bed-shitting.

    Not the most exciting pick, but he's on my radar.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 7645
    Reputation : 4210
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 am

    @WT Winfield wrote:Trbo's injury history is the only reason not to get him.

    Priced at low 40s and averaged high 40s under the old rules. Even if no uptick, he's good value and allows cash to be spent on upgrading a spud to Moses/Haas etc.

    I'll personally never rule a player out for injury history. Most started the year with Brailey, Watson, Bird, Liddle, Simonsson who were coming off injuries, with a sprinkle of Moylan, Niu, Lodge. Most of those guys looked like good cow options that would probably not end up as a keeper in preseason. Now we have Turbo who can rival Teddy/Ponga on his day as a keeper available for 500k. One of the easiest trades of the year for me would be grabbing Turbo this week
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 6263
    Reputation : 2449
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Krump Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am

    @sgdragons10 wrote:So for those off turbo, who do you trade in at similar price?
    Doueihi
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 7645
    Reputation : 4210
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am

    @mrbrownstone wrote:Surprised at the lack of interest in Hopo given the Hampton, SCrit, Farnworth mentions on here.

    Also has DPP, far better job security than Hampton at least.

    He's like a low-end Tohu, Mr Consistent with 4/6 scores between 29 and 32 this year, the outliers being 18 and 38.

    His all-time record is equally consistent in 60+ mins at centre. He's gone below 20 three times ever (18, 18, 19), and just the once since 2014, which was in R4 this year.

    He may not set the world on fire (although does have a big score in him), but you can almost guarantee a 20 at worst and won't get Roberts levels of bed-shitting.

    Not the most exciting pick, but he's on my radar.

    Will probably be one of my centres for the run home
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 4359
    Reputation : 2775
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by WT Winfield Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:42 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I'll personally never rule a player out for injury history. Most started the year with Brailey, Watson, Bird, Liddle, Simonsson who were coming off injuries, with a sprinkle of Moylan, Niu, Lodge. Most of those guys looked like good cow options that would probably not end up as a keeper in preseason. Now we have Turbo who can rival Teddy/Ponga on his day as a keeper available for 500k. One of the easiest trades of the year for me would be grabbing Turbo this week

    I tend to factor it in, but possibly a misguided thought process. I wasn't keen on Trbo initially this week, but came around when seeing the other upgrades that could be made. Basically comes down to price for me, if they're cheap enough then it's worth the risk.

    I can understand others being wary because the injuries have been a constant for Trbo, but the string of posts questioning his scoring ability seemed off.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

    Posts : 905
    Reputation : 235
    Join date : 2020-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Erin Moleman Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:46 am

    Agree with the above and it’s not like Ponga can’t get injured himself, that being said he’s at a price where a straight swap would probably be possible I guess that’s the difference.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 5890
    Reputation : 2899
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:48 am

    I’ve gone cold on Trbo because I have 3 decent WFB available this week and it exhausts all my ITB

    If I needed a WFB, or even if I didn’t have depth problems in other positions, I’d be all over him.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 3218
    Reputation : 1255
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:56 am

    I'm not getting Turbo this week because the opportunity cost for me is Moses, who I'd rather have to shore up my halves. Will reevaluate next week if need be.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

    Posts : 735
    Reputation : 342
    Join date : 2020-06-01

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 am

    @mrbrownstone wrote:Surprised at the lack of interest in Hopo given the Hampton, SCrit, Farnworth mentions on here.

    Also has DPP, far better job security than Hampton at least.

    He's like a low-end Tohu, Mr Consistent with 4/6 scores between 29 and 32 this year, the outliers being 18 and 38.

    His all-time record is equally consistent in 60+ mins at centre. He's gone below 20 three times ever (18, 18, 19), and just the once since 2014, which was in R4 this year.

    He may not set the world on fire (although does have a big score in him), but you can almost guarantee a 20 at worst and won't get Roberts levels of bed-shitting.

    Not the most exciting pick, but he's on my radar.

    Yeah have been looking at him too. Tossing up between Hampton/Crichton/Hopoate. Leaning towards Hampton as I've saved 5 trades so far so feel like I can take the gamble to get a better scorer than Hopo and more cash gen than Crichton.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 18208
    Reputation : 10189
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:02 pm


    Trbo's averages when fit for the last few years

    2020 - 44.6
    2019 - 52.7
    2018 - 50.4
    2017 - 47.4

    Obviously he has had injuries limiting his game time - but if he gets onto the field he can score points.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 18208
    Reputation : 10189
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:03 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    Doueihi

    Doueihi is the non-Trbo option I am considering

    But he's $116k more expensive. Stretches the definition of "similar price"
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 9981
    Reputation : 2880
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by mattnz Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:07 pm

    @WT Winfield wrote:

    I tend to factor it in, but possibly a misguided thought process. I wasn't keen on Trbo initially this week, but came around when seeing the other upgrades that could be made. Basically comes down to price for me, if they're cheap enough then it's worth the risk.

    I can understand others being wary because the injuries have been a constant for Trbo, but the string of posts questioning his scoring ability seemed off.
    If you looked at the guys with the highest likely recurring injury risk coming into the season it is pretty sorry reading, Turbo, Friend, Matterson and Cordner.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 7645
    Reputation : 4210
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:14 pm

    @mattnz wrote:
    If you looked at the guys with the highest likely recurring injury risk coming into the season it is pretty sorry reading, Turbo, Friend, Matterson and Cordner.

    Based on what? Liddle is way more injury prone than all of those guys

    Since Liddle's debut in late 2016, his injury checklist has included a season-ending shoulder injury in late 2017 that impacted his 2018 season and a full knee blowout that included a ruptured ACL in late 2019 that sidelined him for another year.

    Moylan has an injury list longer than most team lists on his own and is still playing
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

    Posts : 2239
    Reputation : 862
    Join date : 2020-06-12

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Mr Snrub Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:19 pm

    You know I think I'm changing my mind on Turbo and having a WFB on the INT. Laurie is averaging 46 which is actually a fair deal better than some of my other options.

    Would still feel strange having 4 scoring WFB's in a week though.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 9981
    Reputation : 2880
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by mattnz Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:20 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Based on what? Liddle is way more injury prone than all of those guys

    Since Liddle's debut in late 2016, his injury checklist has included a season-ending shoulder injury in late 2017 that impacted his 2018 season and a full knee blowout that included a ruptured ACL in late 2019 that sidelined him for another year.

    Moylan has an injury list longer than most team lists on his own and is still playing

    As stated, based on those most impacted by recurring injuries. Liddle's don't seem to be recurring, more a series of one off injuries. Moylan does have recurring injuries, but the strike rate for those most likely is huge.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15524
    Reputation : 7513
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:33 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Will probably be one of my centres for the run home

    Bulldogs second half of year draw way better than opening draw too, if you go for that sort of thing.
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 9278
    Reputation : 3578
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by WT2K Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm

    Sheesh, 31 degrees and 70% humidity at broncs captains run.

    Haas going through Ramadan too.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15524
    Reputation : 7513
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 39 - You get an injury, and you get an injury, and you get a suspension!

    Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:39 pm

    @Mr Snrub wrote:You know I think I'm changing my mind on Turbo and having a WFB on the INT. Laurie is averaging 46 which is actually a fair deal better than some of my other options.

    Would still feel strange having 4 scoring WFB's in a week though.  

    I figure there always seems to be somebody out, so having a spare is good if you have a WFB out, or because WFBs can be boom bust they could be useful for looping given there always seems to be a red dot somewhere.

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:46 pm