NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

    Posts : 3141
    Reputation : 1116
    Join date : 2017-02-28
    Location : Earth

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I've found that most people get less interested in conserving trades when it is somebody else's team they are dealing with
    Woops I meant 3rd lol
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 22855
    Reputation : 6322
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 36
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by wolfking Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I think maybe $50-100k. More importantly, I like his odds of going over 40 regularly more than Alvaro/Fui who I currently have to play.
    not a keeper, but can't afford people who are.
    Probably will just roll with the coin goats until I can turn Turpin/Milf/someone into a proper MID

    I agree with this totally. I think Alvaro has the opportunities to hit 40 too but not as easy as LAM. Just seems like a waste of a trade. If you were running Leniu instead, then yeah, I think there's merit. Saying that does LaM increase to a 50 minute role? That could be a different story then.
    Chewie
    Chewie

    Posts : 9539
    Reputation : 5266
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Chewie Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:00 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Is it really worth bringing LAM in now at his price?  How much more will he make and would you be happy to keep him?

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I think maybe $50-100k. More importantly, I like his odds of going over 40 regularly more than Alvaro/Fui who I currently have to play.
    not a keeper, but can't afford people who are.
    Probably will just roll with the coin goats until I can turn Turpin/Milf/someone into a proper MID

    With AFB out for a while LAM may pick up a few more minutes. I've had him from the start of the season and think he's still worth picking up
    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1168
    Reputation : 757
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by ytsb Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:11 pm

    Gambling companies must be making a heaps off of same game multis. Pretty much every gambling ad advertises the "3+ legs, 1 leg fails bonus back" rule no matter the bookie. Sports gambling revenue in Australia is >$1 billion and pretty much all companies are based in the NT where there is a flat $650k or so tax on sports gambling (these companies essentially pay no tax), and the parent companies are all overseas in the UK/America (except for some small Aus companies with miniscule market share). Exposure to kids is pretty disgusting too. Something needs to change. Every single time I want to watch a video on NRL.com a Sportsbet Ad is shoved in my face. On the flip side gambling companies feed a lot of money to sports via team and whole code sponsorships so I don't think a complete ban is a viable solution. I'm not sure who would pick up the slack. The issue I have is with the advertising.

    I do bet on the NRL and continue to do so due to consistent success, but the effects on my mood and the time I spend thinking about it are making me reflect on whether it's all worth it. That's with $25-$50 stakes, I can't imagine what the blokes putting pay checks through must feel. Fantasy is another form of gambling in a way but way less destructive I guess. Even then this will likely be my final year.

    Also, I reckon that the same blokes losing thousands a year on big AFL and NRL multis would just be feeding that money through pokies if sportsbetting was banned completely. At the end of the day it's up to the individual to take responsibility for their actions.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2356
    Reputation : 1009
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:15 pm

    @Chewie wrote:



    With AFB out for a while LAM may pick up a few more minutes. I've had him from the start of the season and think he's still worth picking up

    Yeah, he was in my squad right up until that first TLT and he's a massive regret. The idea of paying his current price now compared to his starting price is an immense weight on my mind. And before the AFB injury I wouldn't have considered it and just admitted the ship had sailed. But with AFB out for so long and the potential for more minutes, I think that shines a different light on his price, as you're paying for something different than what he was at the start of the season.

    All that said, I just don't think I can do the TKO downgrade option. Neither TKO or LAM is going to be a keeper, so either way, TKO will need to become, for instance, Haas, or LAM, via an extra trade + $170K left over from TKO will become Haas. Just not sure the step in between is worthwhile or if I just ride TKO until the end and hope that his mediocrity makes way for at least one big score.
    AL
    AL

    Posts : 560
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2016-01-10

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by AL Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:16 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:What app do people use for the scores? I've just deleted League Live after they've sold their soul to Sportsbet and it's literally fucking everywhere on the scores. Can't turn it off either, surely there needs to be some regulation at some point?

    I’m an old dog but I just use the NRL app or MTB’s masterpiece. They have everything I need.
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7211
    Reputation : 2339
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by WT2K Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:25 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:What app do people use for the scores? I've just deleted League Live after they've sold their soul to Sportsbet and it's literally fucking everywhere on the scores. Can't turn it off either, surely there needs to be some regulation at some point?

    NRL app, if you want multiple sports, Fox Sports is decent (though haven't used it this season)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 6774
    Reputation : 2770
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 pm

    @ytsb wrote:Gambling companies must be making a heaps off of same game multis. Pretty much every gambling ad advertises the "3+ legs, 1 leg fails bonus back" rule no matter the bookie. Sports gambling revenue in Australia is >$1 billion and pretty much all companies are based in the NT where there is a flat $650k or so tax on sports gambling (these companies essentially pay no tax), and the parent companies are all overseas in the UK/America (except for some small Aus companies with miniscule market share). Exposure to kids is pretty disgusting too. Something needs to change. Every single time I want to watch a video on NRL.com a Sportsbet Ad is shoved in my face. On the flip side gambling companies feed a lot of money to sports via team and whole code sponsorships so I don't think a complete ban is a viable solution. I'm not sure who would pick up the slack. The issue I have is with the advertising.

    I do bet on the NRL and continue to do so due to consistent success, but the effects on my mood and the time I spend thinking about it are making me reflect on whether it's all worth it. That's with $25-$50 stakes, I can't imagine what the blokes putting pay checks through must feel. Fantasy is another form of gambling in a way but way less destructive I guess. Even then this will likely be my final year.

    Also, I reckon that the same blokes losing thousands a year on big AFL and NRL multis would just be feeding that money through pokies if sportsbetting was banned completely. At the end of the day it's up to the individual to take responsibility for their actions.

    Fantasy is a *game* not a *gamble*. We don't put any money in, and winnings/prizes are so unlikely as to be irrelevant as a reason for playing it. Nobody is losing money out of fantasy (other than time costs of what you could be doing instead, but that's the same with any non-gambling hobby.)
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

    Posts : 605
    Reputation : 343
    Join date : 2021-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:45 pm

    @ytsb wrote:Gambling companies must be making a heaps off of same game multis. Pretty much every gambling ad advertises the "3+ legs, 1 leg fails bonus back" rule no matter the bookie. Sports gambling revenue in Australia is >$1 billion and pretty much all companies are based in the NT where there is a flat $650k or so tax on sports gambling (these companies essentially pay no tax), and the parent companies are all overseas in the UK/America (except for some small Aus companies with miniscule market share). Exposure to kids is pretty disgusting too. Something needs to change. Every single time I want to watch a video on NRL.com a Sportsbet Ad is shoved in my face. On the flip side gambling companies feed a lot of money to sports via team and whole code sponsorships so I don't think a complete ban is a viable solution. I'm not sure who would pick up the slack. The issue I have is with the advertising.

    I do bet on the NRL and continue to do so due to consistent success, but the effects on my mood and the time I spend thinking about it are making me reflect on whether it's all worth it. That's with $25-$50 stakes, I can't imagine what the blokes putting pay checks through must feel. Fantasy is another form of gambling in a way but way less destructive I guess. Even then this will likely be my final year.

    Also, I reckon that the same blokes losing thousands a year on big AFL and NRL multis would just be feeding that money through pokies if sportsbetting was banned completely. At the end of the day it's up to the individual to take responsibility for their actions.

    How is fantasy gambling may I ask??
    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1168
    Reputation : 757
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by ytsb Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 pm

    @Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

    How is fantasy gambling may I ask??

    Gambling does not have have be monetary. An alternative definition is to “ take risky action in the hope of a desired result.”

    Every week you gamble that the player you invest into by trading them in over an alternative, or playing in your 17, or making your captain is going to bet you more fantasy points. Every decision in the game you make is a gamble based on cash rises, future role, points. There was a really good discussion on this topic a while ago.

    Fantasy is definitely gambling, just think about it. It also seems like the outcomes of gambles people make in this game effect them IRL as well just based on some reactions you see written on this forum
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7211
    Reputation : 2339
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by WT2K Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 pm

    Hmm, hopefully we get news tomorrow on Roberts and the titans players for the bubble breaches
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

    Posts : 313
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2016-02-11
    Location : Canberra

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:What app do people use for the scores? I've just deleted League Live after they've sold their soul to Sportsbet and it's literally fucking everywhere on the scores. Can't turn it off either, surely there needs to be some regulation at some point?

    League Now
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7211
    Reputation : 2339
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by WT2K Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 pm

    @Jumping Marlin wrote:

    And random stat.  Jake Simpkin in 4 games has 86, 99, 64 and 61.

    Im most likely wrong... But have a feeling he'll be debuting this round.
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

    Posts : 313
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2016-02-11
    Location : Canberra

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:03 pm

    So I stupidly don’t have Brailey.

    Should I be bringing him in?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3763
    Reputation : 2892
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Pookus McFly Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:36 pm

    @SaveTheCheerleader wrote:So I stupidly don’t have Brailey.

    Should I be bringing him in?

    If he keeps playing the way he has, 716k may soon look like a steal
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

    Posts : 185
    Reputation : 66
    Join date : 2021-02-14

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Papadontbleach Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 pm

    @SaveTheCheerleader wrote:So I stupidly don’t have Brailey.

    Should I be bringing him in?

    He’s currently priced at over 50 points and has already made $300k. If you were bringing him in it would need to be for a reason. Do you think he will make cash? Is he a R13 gun?

    You also need to consider if there is better value at his price.

    For what it is worth, I think he is probably an underpriced R13 gun but we don’t know how he will score with knights injuries and with Ponga back.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3763
    Reputation : 2892
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Pookus McFly Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 pm

    Tariq Sims is an awkward one. He’s back to his starting price. I didn’t want him then, and I’m not sure why I’m trying to convince I want him now. He just got himself little bit too outside the bargain bin with that monster score, whereas if he scored say 52, lots of people would have been bringing him in.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

    Posts : 1292
    Reputation : 492
    Join date : 2020-06-12

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Mr Snrub Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm

    @SaveTheCheerleader wrote:So I stupidly don’t have Brailey.

    Should I be bringing him in?

    At this point I'd say you shouldn't view him as a value option you missed out on but a gun keeper.

    He's the player with the most total points after 4 rounds and he's still cheaper than a lot of other elite tier options. You're paying a premium but even if his scoring comes down you're still looking at pretty good scores of 50+ since he makes that in tackles alone every week.

    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

    Posts : 6463
    Reputation : 1919
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm

    Just caught up on the last 30 pages sorry I’ve been absent work has been crazy busy and I’ve been on lots of Souths forums and sites talking about Adam Reynolds.

    To those wanting to bring in LAM I don’t think I would do it as he’s priced too awkwardly now.

    I can’t look at a guy like Moses yet as my cows still haven’t made enough dollars yet.



    I have 28 trades and 139k spare, would you guys be making a trade on my team or holding:

    Team is:

    Macca 
    Angus Watson Alvaro
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Schuster
    Momo Roberts
    Teddy Pap Laurie

    Brailey Turpin Liddle S. Walker
    Leniu Uto Niu Simonsson


    @wolfking @Mulvy @Welshy


    Last edited by Rabbits21 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 2885
    Reputation : 874
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

    Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 pm

    @Rabbits21 wrote:Just caught up on the last 30 pages sorry I’ve been absent work has been crazy busy and I’ve been on lots of Souths forums and sites talking about Adam Reynolds.

    To those wanting to bring in LAM I don’t think I would do it as he’s priced too awkwardly now.

    I can’t look at a guy like Moses yet as my cows still haven’t made enough dollars yet.



    I have 28 trades and 139k spare, would you guys be making a trade on my team or holding:

    Team is:

    Macca 
    Angus Watson Alvaro
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Schuster
    Momo Roberts
    Teddy Pap Laurie

    Brailey Turpin Liddle S. Walker
    Leniu Uto Niu Simonsson

    Hold the trades, I don't see anyone that's an urgent sell. If there was a genuine cheapie, then I'd sell Simo but there isn't one yet. Keep an eye out for Verrills or Blore, they'll probably be cheapies soon.

    Funny you should mention Moses, I'm buying him to replace Fog, as I think he's going to be the 2nd best half this year and also plays the first bye.


    Last edited by Bethany_B on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

      Current date/time is Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 pm