NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

The Bludger
    The Bludger

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by The Bludger Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:12 am

1 trade locked in - Hoy to Momo, strengthen my centres and hopefully a solid scorer for the season.
    What are your thoughts on Hudson Young as a top 3 Edge?
    TU - grab him before his price moves him out of reach
    TD - not worth it. Save the bank for Moses / Haas / Ponga
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 29 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 am

Aardvark wrote:

Nearly the same team as me! I’m thinking of holding Kolo as I have Walker so my decision is Lenui or Nui (harder choice 😀)

For your team I would play walker over Nui

I thought about holding him and turning Simo into Walker and looping Alvaro and Leniu, but I think I'd rather the cash. I just don't see much value in holding him. He won't make much more money and I don't see him anymore than a 35 point player.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 am

Boozecluez wrote:

I do like a bargain , especially one that you get full value out of haha
    Give me 50pts in a bye and 100k discount over a full priced player now who averages 5 more points and plays the bye.

That was a good list before too @holymoly, Will be keen to keep an eye on it

As @MultipleScoregasm said in his post, we should be close to having the first cows maturing with the others due in a few weeks
    At the same time we will probably get to see some juicy first bye targets due to bad luck or a minor injury bottoming out so just have to sit tight
    Grab them and swap them out for the next bye players from rd14 on and ride them to the finish line

Thats what helps early on trading hard to get the right cows as you need them mature,ready to turn into the first bye players
    Given they take 4,5,6 weeks often to make $$$ you can't be pissing around too late or buying them when most of their profit is already made
    Most should be sorted here and we have been fairly lucky with some great half coin goats and not alot of injuries so can sit tight

These posts in the past few pages are quality now when people are thinking about trades
    Too easy to jump sideways when holding a few weeks and getting the underpriced first bye player may be the better move
    You never know, the player underpeforming you looked at trading goes on a run, I mean you did start with them

The other thing that amused me in the MS post was the bringing in of multiple guns in rd 13, not weeks before necessarily. I like to think that I absorb a lot of these gems over the years and this one I actually picked up from Rabbit (the original one). Not because he'd helped others nicely with his wisdom, but belittled them after the fact for bringing in guys too early only for them to be injured or dropped. He was right though. Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 am

This is my current team for the week before trades, 283k itb

Turpin
    Taukeiaho BSmith Watson
    Tupouniua Riki
    Cleary (c) Schuster
    Bird Roberts
    Tedesco Papenhuyzen Laurie

Brailey
    Egan
    Liddle
    Kenny

O'Sullivan
    SWalker
    Ah Mau
    Niu

At this stage only major worry is Touponiua not playing and with no cover thats an issue
    Schuster will hopefully get 2rf DPP soon
    Will see how the week progresses but could trade him out if needed
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 am

wolfking wrote:

I thought about holding him and turning Simo into Walker and looping Alvaro and Leniu, but I think I'd rather the cash.  I just don't see much value in holding him.  He won't make much more money and I don't see him anymore than a 35 point player.  

Agree, but I had the cheapies I want so it’s sideways all the way if I trade. Still slightly interested in getting Lodge back but will have another look. Bunty was also on the radar until he got suspended
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:27 am

Boozecluez wrote:This is my current team for the week before trades, 283k itb

Turpin
    Taukeiaho BSmith Watson
    Tupouniua Riki
    Cleary (c) Schuster
    Bird Roberts

Brailey
    Egan
    Liddle
    Kenny

O'Sullivan
    SWalker
    Ah Mau
    Niu

At this stage only major worry is Touponiua not playing and with no cover thats an issue

Probably keep Sitili if he plays but trading to Fifita must be tempting. As you say, news before 3pm Saturday would be useful.
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:29 am

Boozecluez wrote:This is my current team for the week before trades, 283k itb

Turpin
    Taukeiaho BSmith Watson
    Tupouniua Riki
    Cleary (c) Schuster
    Bird Roberts

Brailey
    Egan
    Liddle
    Kenny

O'Sullivan
    SWalker
    Ah Mau
    Niu

Strong 14-21! Toops should line up 6 day turn around and no history of concussion. If he doesn’t play prob won’t know until 24hrs before the game.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:29 am

Thanks for the replies earlier lads will just do the 1 trade of Averillo - Walker. (Which I stuffed up last week) Not sure anything else major needs doing

My current Clearyless team Sad

Brailey
    Crichton, Watson, Tauk
    Fifita, Riki
    Munster, Milford
    Bird, Roberts
    Tedeso, Papy, Laurie

Turpin
    Schuster
    Lodge
    Liddle

Niu
    Leniu
    Walker
    Stefano

$202k bank
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:31 am

The Bludger wrote:1 trade locked in - Hoy to Momo, strengthen my centres and hopefully a solid scorer for the season.
    What are your thoughts on Hudson Young as a top 3 Edge?
    TU - grab him before his price moves him out of reach
    TD - not worth it. Save the bank for Moses / Haas / Ponga

Think he's a good POD to have started with and could approach Bateman scores, but Fifita/Crichton/Harris ahead of him at 2rf and Tups probably equal for less money. In a perfect world, Riki to Young after Rnd13 will be a very good trade even if it costs dollars.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:31 am

Mulvy wrote:

The other thing that amused me in the MS post was the bringing in of multiple guns in rd 13, not weeks before necessarily. I like to think that I absorb a lot of these gems over the years and this one I actually picked up from Rabbit (the original one). Not because he'd helped others nicely with his wisdom, but belittled them after the fact for bringing in guys too early only for them to be injured or dropped. He was right though. Very Happy

haha true but it's a bit of a gamble. A discounted gun is still a gun and you can't predict injury
    As long as they are discounted for the right reason, ie HIA then chances are you got a discount(As opposed to being overpriced)
    Sure you could wait 4 more weeks for moses, but then you will have to pay more
    If they are cheap then you got to grab them, and you do only get 4 trades that round so you can't leave it all to then

Rabs was right, it's the mid traps that you think their role will be something and they don't even play, getting dropped, selected for origin or playing out of position (Ie Harris playing in the halves or Crichton playing at CTR)

A Moses will still keep his role but guessing if a bench/depth player steps up weeks in advance is a gamble
    Asiata used to kill it, but there were probably 10 others that tanked and you got stuck with them haha

Everything in balance

danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:37 am

Hey guys any suggestions what to do with my team this week? Thinking I might just hold trades

29 trades 0k bank

Brailey
    Cheese Angus Watson
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Milf
    Roberts Niu
    Teddy Papy Laurie

Turpin
    Liddle
    Egan
    Schuster

Walker
    Alvaro
    Stefano
    Leniu

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 am

One thing I would be worried about Young is the Raiders depth
    CHN and Horsburgh are fit and firing, how long does Ricky keep them out?
    At 700k he isn't cheap either and doesn't play the first bye round either so a long time to hold

If i was going for that sort of player I would rather the eels Papali'i as he is cheaper,plays the bye and can be upgraded rd14

Not without a gamble but more potential reward there if he keeps the form up
    Though NBrown/Carrigan are almost the same price too and they have proven pedigree

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:42 am

Welshy wrote:Thanks for the replies earlier lads will just do the 1 trade of Averillo - Walker.  (Which I stuffed up last week) Not sure anything else major needs doing

My current Clearyless team Sad

Brailey
    Crichton, Watson, Tauk
    Fifita, Riki
    Munster, Milford
    Bird, Roberts
    Tedeso, Papy, Laurie

Turpin
    Schuster
    Lodge
    Liddle

Niu
    Leniu
    Walker
    Stefano

$202k bank

Given you have Lodge (and Leniu and Uto) you could certainly trade out Tauk if you wanted to. It's tough, but I just can't see any other option I would want to trade out to get Cleary. But it's not quite the same as missing out on Pappy or Teddy scores. Most don't captain a Pappy or Teddy. And getting Cleary isn't chasing last week's scores like it is for Pappy, it's chasing next week's scores, because for the most part they are sustainable (although bound to downtick to some extent). I don't want to talk you one way or the other.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:47 am

Cheers for the feedback, cash is spread a bit more than I like but hedged my bets and they are all making $$$ so need to be patient
    Yes Tups to Fifita is tempting but only if he doesn't play and this does eat up my bank

Will have to see how it all plays out, might look for a plan B just in case so hoping I hear more Friday night (24 hour drop outs)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:48 am

Mulvy wrote:

Given you have Lodge (and Leniu and Uto) you could certainly trade out Tauk if you wanted to. It's tough, but I just can't see any other option I would want to trade out to get Cleary. But it's not quite the same as missing out on Pappy or Teddy scores. Most don't captain a Pappy or Teddy. And getting Cleary isn't chasing last week's scores like it is for Pappy, it's chasing next week's scores, because for the most part they are sustainable (although bound to downtick to some extent). I don't want to talk you one way or the other.

I've saved 3 trades so a fairly low panic early on. I was hoping for 60s from Tauk with his GK on top of his previous 56 average from playing 60+ minutes

He's got the minutes and the GK but the output hasn't matched his previous output, I'm still fairly confident he'll turn them round so I guess best option is to hold him
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 am

Splashing bank on Leniu to Moses seems worth it to me. Leniu could still make cash, but it really simplifies the next month... without 3+ week injuries, I am not touching this team for four weeks other than getting a better base cow (Blore etc) in for Simonsson when one turns up and maybe single-trading Hetho to the best centre I can find when he peaks. It's a weak spot but don't mind running with Hampton until then if he's starting half, and Niu fine for cover.

JBrailey
    Tino Watson Angus
    Difita Riki
    Cleary Moses
    Roberts Hampton
    Ted Laurie Pap
    Turpin Schuster Liddle Kamikamica
    SWalker Hetherington Niu Simo +30k
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 am

Boozecluez wrote:

haha true but it's a bit of a gamble. A discounted gun is still a gun and you can't predict injury
    As long as they are discounted for the right reason, ie HIA then chances are you got a discount(As opposed to being overpriced)
    Sure you could wait 4 more weeks for moses, but then you will have to pay more
    If they are cheap then you got to grab them, and you do only get 4 trades that round so you can't leave it all to then

Rabs was right, it's the mid traps that you think their role will be something and they don't even play, getting dropped, selected for origin or playing out of position (Ie Harris playing in the halves or Crichton playing at CTR)

A Moses will still keep his role but guessing if a bench/depth player steps up weeks in advance is a gamble
    Asiata used to kill it, but there were probably 10 others that tanked and you got stuck with them haha

Everything in balance

Yeah don't get me wrong, a discounted gun is a discounted gun. If you can get Moses for near enough to 700k it's a good buy even if he was unexpectedly selected for origin. More talking about a full priced gun in rd 12 that ends up missing a week in rd 13 for example. If you play similar to MS you already have a bunch of rd 13 players already, 4 trades is plenty to round it out with guns.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 am

danseels1985 wrote:Hey guys any suggestions what to do with my team this week? Thinking I might just hold trades

29 trades 0k bank

Brailey
    Cheese Angus Watson
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Milf
    Roberts Niu
    Teddy Papy Laurie

Turpin
    Liddle
    Egan
    Schuster

Walker
    Alvaro
    Stefano
    Leniu

Yep, I'd hold.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 am

Welshy wrote:

I've saved 3 trades so a fairly low panic early on. I was hoping for 60s from Tauk with his GK on top of his previous 56 average from playing 60+ minutes

He's got the minutes and the GK but the output hasn't matched his previous output, I'm still fairly confident he'll turn them round so I guess best option is to hold him

SST is still averaging 51pts and about 250k (worst case) to Haas who hopefully plays rd13
    With some luck Haas could fall while SST only needs one good score to close that gap

At worst nothing changes then pay the 250k or swap for a rd13 player
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:58 am

Boozecluez wrote:

SST is still averaging 51pts and about 250k (worst case) to Haas who hopefully plays rd13

Yeah it's just been more a dud start than not the role I expected mate

Why I love this forum, sometimes you just need the push or the reality nudge to help you make sound decisions

Silly to be dumping a potential big money maker in Milf and a semi gun with potential for Cleary who is going well overs on his previous average early season

Cheers boys

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 pm