NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 18 - The answer, was to not Milf

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 18 - The answer, was to not Milf - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 18 - The answer, was to not Milf

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:27 am

My only way I can get Niu's score is if J. Roberts doesn't play. There's a rumour he's out reading the Wests forum.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 18 - The answer, was to not Milf - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 18 - The answer, was to not Milf

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:30 am

Welshy wrote:
    Me a few months into lockdown mate!

It’s Kenny Fucking Powers. Eastbound and down, watch it. Incredible

Danny Mcbride in real life mate

"There's no I in team but there is a U in c*nt"
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:31 am

Camo123 wrote:Can I just confirm I'll get Niu's score if I swap Crichton with Gosiewski and move Crichton into 14-17 for one of Lam/Liddle - thinking actually dropping Liddle to EMG (score boosted by try, lots of missed tackles, minutes affected a Liddle bit by Mbye)

McCullough
    SST Fuimaono Watson
    Crichton Riki
    Cleary Townsend
    Roberts Averillo
    Teddy Papenhuyzen Laurie

Turpin Brailey Lam Liddle
    Niu Gosiewski Simonsson Utoikamanu

Just swapping gosiewski with any 14-17 player will achieve the same thing. Ie gosiewski with liddle. Niu then subs into bench and gosiewski goes to edge
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

"There's no I in team but there is a U in c*nt"
    So don’t be jealous cunts, yeah? Classic
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:38 am

Titans Broncos

Fifita is terrifying as a non owner. Like Teddy last week, non owners got out of jail with a 2 try 8 tb game only ending in the 70s. Looking every part a final 17 keeper but a lock for origin.

JWal turned back the clock to build on his solid start to the season. Not fantasy relevant, but don't see him losing the starting spot any time soon

Fogarty split the kicking much more evenly with Taylor this week and probably isn't the cut priced keeper we expected off the back of last week. Lot of dropped ball meant not as many completed sets, but probably closer to a 50 point player than a 60 point player in this role.

Peachey was the beneficiary of extra minutes last week due to Fifita going off and is probably appropriately priced. I personally wouldn't spend big bucks on a centre at this stage of the year, but those that do will get what they pay for. 30-35 points in 40-45 minutes. Will throw in the occasional dud where he misses a bunch of tackles, will also get the occasional attacking stats

Tino played a really good game that didn't translate to fantasy. Pretty close to man of the match for mine. But he tends to rack up those shitty missed tackles that help the team but hurt his fantasy score (Carter award anyone?). Still unsure of what his role will be with Fifita HIA, but if he is a 65 minute middle like round 1 the scores will follow. If he is a 55 minute middle he is probably priced about right. One for the watch list for non owners

Brimson had another low score that makes him juicy for non owners. Ready that war chest to pick him up at a significant discount as your cows peak. Not ideal that he is an origin player, but can't win them all

TPJ had a monster second half brought on by a personal battle with Fifita. Ran hard, tackled hard and controlled aggression. If he could do this consistently he would be up there with Taumalolo as one of the best forwards in the game.

Riki had a great bounce back game defending better and running the ball well. Probably won't quite be a season keeper, but should make decent cash for owners and be playable most weeks.

Niu was best Bronco on field for mine. Dangerous with ball in hand and could have easily ended with 2 tries. Not sure I would be trading him in, but will be able to hold until origin for current owners

Turpin looked gassed very early on and failed to get involved. Wasn't many tackles on offer due to all the dropped ball, but still keeping his role as big minute hooker.

Milford looked completely disinterested in the second half and let Croft take over. If he isn't dominating the kicking I don't want him in my fantasy team

Mead is a base price winger reverting to his career average. This is exactly why we don't chase big attacking plays from players with plenty of career data that shows they are poor scorers.

Bullemor passes the eye test and should be getting more minutes. One to watch for when he changes clubs
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:39 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Warriors Knights

Tohu once again played a hybrid middle/edge role. Started on the edge with Sironen in the middle until BMM came on. BMM interchange for AFB was a little earlier than I would expect due to AFB calf complaint, so unsure if you want to own Tohu in a 30 edge 50 middle role.

Egan got through the 80 minutes and played one of the best games I've seen from him. Service was improved, defence was good and he looked like he might add a few kick metres through out the year. With no one behind him to take the role he is probably going to make another 150k and should be considered by anyone not loaded up on hookers

Nikorima completely dominated the kick metres again, which IMO makes CHT fantasy irrelevant. If I needed a cash injection I'd be moving CHT on, if not holding and praying for some attacking stats to kick start cash generation.

AFB going off early probably gives non owners a chance to jump on before his price is out of reach. Think he settles into a 60-65 minute role and ends the year in the conversation for 3rd best MID. If he played the first bye rather than the second I'd be grabbing him ASAP

LAM did pretty much what I expected. First middle off the bench, bent the line when he ran and defended well. Think he is locked into that 35-40 minute bench role and normally goes about 1 PPM. Got an extra 7 minutes at the end when Bunty went off. Would normally expect this stint to go to Tevaga or JTB, but Warriors needed a bigger body to contain Knights middles.

Sironen started in the middle again and looked set to become a must have. However second interchange off for Tevaga and then didn't return until ~12 minutes to go. I don't want any part of a 40 minute Sironen.

Not going to go too in depth on Brailey because everyone has him, but he looks like a season long keeper

Knights starting pack of Klemmer, DSaifiti, Sue, Frizell and Barnett are going to dominate some bigger named packs this year. Sneaky under rated and should be right up in the conversation for best pack in the comp. Sue will take the starting role when the Knight's need a bigger body, with Watson taking it against your Cam Murray/Victor Radley types. Barnett with goal kicking might be the guy who elevates from 50>60, but unlikely to keep it and not something that could have been predicted.

Best will end the year as the number 1 fantasy centre and probably plays origin. Speed, power and footwork makes sure he always has plenty of metres. Loves to take hit ups coming out of trouble (hybrid role where you get the hit ups+tbs of a gun WFB + tackles of a centre Razz ). Should have a better floor than most centre and his ceiling is banner territory.

Pearce unsurprisingly dominated kick metres next to the inexperienced Crossland. As long as he keeps this role he is fantasy relevant, but would take someone brave to trade him in.

Watson is built for fantasy. Unless he gets injured or suspended won't be leaving my team all year

JSaifiti is sneaky good as first middle off the bench. He is playing about as good as DSaifiti was in 2019 when he got his origin debut. Awkward price for fantasy, but if he cops a few low scores he could be value.

Hoy played a much better game this week. Returned kicks well, got his hands on the ball and made a few tackles on the goal line that boosted his score. Smokey for the right centre spot once Ponga is back if Mann is not ready. If I owned him I'd hold until the wheels fall off

Thanks for this. Love to read over morning coffee.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 am

RandomSil wrote:Remember when last week Riki was looking like a trade out cause of his missed tackles and everyone was expecting the worst with Fifita running at him.

Nope. Love Riki. Last night he showed what he can do.

Riki > Fifita bounce

A bit tongue and cheek, but he is a real goer. Never had any thought of trading him
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:44 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Brimson had another low score that makes him juicy for non owners. Ready that war chest to pick him up at a significant discount as your cows peak. Not ideal that he is an origin player, but can't win them all

Will you actually get him in as WFB3

Everyone will aim for Teddy as one of your final WFB

Pappy very popular as 2nd

Then Ponga/Latrell/RTS/Brimson/Nofo/random POD for 3rd. Is Brimson definitely going to be a better option than any of the others? Maybe if he gets a decent price discount at some point he'l be the best value. But I don't think he'll be top 3 on points.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 am

Nice update for Niu, definitely taking his score. Probably for Jetski. Or Lam? Jetski right?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:50 am

Mulvy wrote:Nice update for Niu, definitely taking his score.  Probably for Jetski. Or Lam? Jetski right?

Jetski = Gosiewski or James Roberts?

I'd probably play Lam in either case, although with Sironen injured Gosiewski is a little bit tempting
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:51 am

my tv broke wrote:Cant believe you lot convinced me to start with Milford?!!?

Lol. Kidding. Bit of a disaster last night. Cant believe he picked up his toys and went home early in the second half, thats probably the biggest worry. Any actual effort there and he might save his score to around 40 given we had so much ball, but he just gave up playing.

Fuck it will be an interesting week at red hill. Poor Kevy

Yeah, tough watching. I thought I saw him pull up and start stretching at one point - may have been cramp? He seemed to go missing after that??
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:52 am

Milchcow wrote:

Will you actually get him in as WFB3

Everyone will aim for Teddy as one of your final WFB

Pappy very popular as 2nd

Then Ponga/Latrell/RTS/Brimson/Nofo/random POD for 3rd. Is Brimson definitely going to be a better option than any of the others? Maybe if he gets a decent price discount at some point he'l be the best value. But I don't think he'll be top 3 on points.
    Ponga with GK locked in as WFB 2/3. Teddy/Pap/Ponga. If Brimson gets cheap enough quick probably worth a look at getting him in rinsing his prices to hopefully original starting value and jumping off to one of the early season big 3
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:59 am

Welshy wrote:
    Ponga with GK locked in as WFB 2/3. Teddy/Pap/Ponga. If Brimson gets cheap enough quick probably worth a look at getting him in rinsing his prices to hopefully original starting value and jumping off to one of the early season big 3

Don't know if Ponga will get the GK back the way Barnett is striking them.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:59 am

wolfking wrote:

Brimson is a tough one.  That score in that win though is worrying.  Kind of one you would think will come good eventually though.

I just don’t know how long I can wait for an eventually. I really don’t wanna be looping with a 600k player haha
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:00 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:

Yeah, tough watching.  I thought I saw him pull up and start stretching at one point - may have been cramp?  He seemed to go missing after that??

I thought he did get hurt at one stage but that might of just been his ticker. May re watch if im feeling sadistic

Kevy said in presser he just moved him because fifita
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:00 am

Need to pull that trigger on Croker > Leniu/Alvaro/Jensen today and still not sure who I like.
    Tempted to just sit on the trade and let them play for the spot next week.
    Just not sure if a 20-25k loss is worth the wait when they will likely all make similar coin
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:08 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

Don't know if Ponga will get the GK back the way Barnett is striking them.
    Definitely a consideration mate would still back Ponga in over Edwards/Nofo/Brimson
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Need to pull that trigger on Croker > Leniu/Alvaro/Jensen today and still not sure who I like.
    Tempted to just sit on the trade and let them play for the spot next week.
    Just not sure if a 20-25k loss is worth the wait when they will likely all make similar coin

my head tells me to hold the trade for a week, but i really want to get Croker out of my team...
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 am

The way he kicked last year losing the kicking will only cost him about 4 points a game.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:24 am

It will be a miracle if Brimson survives the cut this week. If I want shitty scores with the odd decent one Reimis has that covered every week haha

Can turn Brimson into another forward.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm