NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:53 am

Snatchpato wrote:For me, the rest of this season will be about getting established fantasy guns, or good players who could become guns. For cash generation, the main factor will be the eye test and minutes over other normal fantasy considerations (for better or for worse).  I'm sick of having guys like Croker in my team simply because of his role when I was one of the biggest advocates for NOT starting with him. I couldn't help myself and now I have to pay. 

With that in mind, and a situation on the bench at Manly very reminiscent of last year when he had a 23 average (5 70+ minute performances with a high of 35), I'm trading him out. 

My trades this week are (with no cash ITB):

Lodge + Croker > Leniu + Alvaro + 39k

Exactly same mate... just I pose the question, why not Fui before Alvaro?
    Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:59 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Who are your other WFB?
    Tedesco,Laurie,Pappy seems fairly popular here?
    Assuming so does that mean Laurie to 14-17 which isn’t as clear cut vs say a 40pt forward

I stupidly did SST and Papy for Welch and RTS last day to upgrade Simmonson to Isaako. Thinking RTS>Latrell as was disappointed with RTS watching the game so would be Teddy Latrell Isaako and Laurie in 14-17 like he was last week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:01 am

Team and trades for Round 2

Lodge > Leniu
    RSmith > Milf

Turpin
    NAS, Tino, Welch
    Tupouniua, Riki
    Cleary c, Munster
    Momo, Roberts
    Pappy, Brimson, Laurie

Milf, Brailey, Watson, Liddle
    Lam, Leniu, Niu, Utoikamanu 

Any thoughts on team makeup and wether two trades are worth using? Cheers
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:06 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Curtis and J. Turbo play 80mins so I can’t see Davey also playing 80mins. That remains my concern.

But yeah I’ll be keen to see the upvotes and downvotes on this one as well. I think it’s a tight call especially as Fui has that valuable DPP and is perfect for 16th or 17th man.

I don't necessarily want to make the same post that gets made all the time.

Last year Curtis Sironen, Joel Thompson and Jake Trbojevic all played 80 minutes

Gosiewski only started 3 games last year. Copped an HIA in 1 and played 65 and 80 minutes in the other 2.
    Olakau'atu played 75 minutes in his only start

Gosi getting pulled after 45 minutes last week was a rare instance of Des taking off a 2nd rower early. Was he injured? He was holding his shoulder at one point wasn't he?

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:07 am

Loomer wrote:

I stupidly did SST and Papy for Welch and RTS last day to upgrade Simmonson to Isaako. Thinking RTS>Latrell as was disappointed with RTS watching the game so would be Teddy Latrell Isaako and Laurie in 14-17 like he was last week
    DO NOT trade RTS for Latrell. That is backwards!!!
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:09 am

HDIZZ wrote:Thinking about going Dfafita for captain this week.
    He got 60 with not doing much last week after spending days in the hospital,
    Has riki Milford and Nui against he’s side this week(tackle breaks) plus vs
    He’s old team, could be in for a big game. Anyone wanna roll the dice with me?
    P.s I don’t have Cleary is why.

I think Fifita against his old side is a great pick for captain. Surely he has a point to prove and goes large. However no chance I'm taking the C of Cleary! set and forget for me which is why I chose him.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:14 am

Tricky one with Davey is while waiting a week is safer, I imagine people are clearing Lodge/Gosi/Host/Croker this week so cash is tight

Secondly would people play him over say a Riki?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:14 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Team and trades for Round 2

Lodge > Leniu
    RSmith > Milf

Turpin
    NAS, Tino, Welch
    Tupouniua, Riki
    Cleary c, Munster
    Momo, Roberts
    Pappy, Brimson, Laurie

Milf, Brailey, Watson, Liddle
    Lam, Leniu, Niu, Utoikamanu 

Any thoughts on team makeup and wether two trades are worth using? Cheers

Has anyone considered going Townsend over milf?
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:14 am

Welshy wrote:
    DO NOT trade RTS for Latrell. That is backwards!!!

I have a mate wanting to do the same thing. Everyone gets suckered into Latrell after he goes large but he is never consistent. Latrell and RTS will average around the same at the end of the season.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:21 am

Can't wait to see how all these sideways/backwards trades end after different cheap centres have big games, different WFBs have big games and role reverts for the likes of Sironen/Milf/Fog.

Mead is the most erroneous of all options. Grabbing a base price price with a career average less than 30 because he scored a few tries is laughable
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:21 am

Tookey wrote:

I have a mate wanting to do the same thing. Everyone gets suckered into Latrell after he goes large but he is never consistent. Latrell and RTS will average around the same at the end of the season.

So I bank 65k for future upgrade
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:21 am

Tookey wrote:

It’s one of the dumbest trades I’ve ever seen. Since 2017 RTS lowest ever average is 44. Last 2 years which are more indicative of his average have been 52 in 2019 and 48 last season

Latrells highest average playing fullback is 38. Latrells highest ever average is 45 playing Centre and that included GK for 8 points a game.

Dumb trade
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:23 am

Honey Badger wrote:

If I had to go with one of them it would be Milf. They SHOULD have similar roles for the next few weeks (SJ anywhere from 2-6 weeks away), but once SJ is back he steps into that dominant kicking role so Townsend becomes a liability. Milf should have that dominant role all year if it is truely a coaching decision
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Townsend is an option, also position isn’t overly important. Could grab Ofa or another cheapie like Davey if I really wanted to.

Just chucked in a couple of popular options. Also RSmith has thrown me, 8 in 80 just makes me want to see the back of him completely when I know it’s not great to trade a player who is fit
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:26 am

Just hoping to explore a TU/TD post I made last night.

At the moment I'm trading Croker for Leniu and I have Crichton to come back into the team next week. Watson and TKO make up my other mids.

So I was set on trading out Lodge for Ofa. Last night I noticed I could actually bring in Milford or even Townsend instead of Ofa. I took to the poll and so far people lean towards Milford over Ofa.

Just want to bring it here for further analysis if that's cool. Both priced pretty much the same. Ofa went big in week one but I assume we expect him to be more around the 40-45 mark most weeks? Though I do love that Tigers bench for him this week.

I'm guessing the appeal for Milford over Ofa is that he plays 80min, will get big base stats in KM and most importantly, had the potential to go big more than Ofa will.

In a nutshell, is that how people see it? Milford over Ofa for the potential upside, with both of them hopefully having a similar base?

And conversely, both preferable to Townsend for the price difference and hope that Milford potentially has more upside?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:28 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Actually more interested in Stefano now with that bench.

Packer played 10 mins and has been replaced by Mbye. I think Mbye will get more mins than that and play a hybrid lock role. Might spell Liddle but remain on field when Liddle comes back

Talau played in the forwards last week and probably does the same again.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:29 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If I had to go with one of them it would be Milf. They SHOULD have similar roles for the next few weeks (SJ anywhere from 2-6 weeks away), but once SJ is back he steps into that dominant kicking role so Townsend becomes a liability. Milf should have that dominant role all year if it is truely a coaching decision

This dropped as I was posting, but I was looking at both last night. I like Townsend, but yes, SJ's return will break him whereas there's the hope that Milford plays all season long where he is. I also think that with Milford's playing style he has potential for a big score here and there were Townsend will be solid as houses but maybe not have that same potential to go really huge?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 am

While everyone needs a MID, I need an EDG

If I go Fui, can get Milf too
    If I go Davey, I can’t get Milf (or Ofa) - best available option might be Fui anyway? kami2ca? Down to Leniu?

But if I go down to Leniu, I can go up to BSiro

I think I’ve decided but interested in opinions

Last edited by robelgordo on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 am

Do you guys like Lodge/Goz to Leniu/Alvaro (playing Leniu long term) or Just Lodge to Fui? Could also be Davey but means Stefano to cover Gus.

Going with Leniu/Alvaro at this stage. Play Leniu and loop Alvaro/Moylan. Hopefully good for long term cash generation, but probs mean missing Fui, Davey, Koala.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

This dropped as I was posting, but I was looking at both last night. I like Townsend, but yes, SJ's return will break him whereas there's the hope that Milford plays all season long where he is. I also think that with Milford's playing style he has potential for a big score here and there were Townsend will be solid as houses but maybe not have that same potential to go really huge?
    I think if you were buying based on potential then I can see Milford having some big games but also having the odd shocker where I think Townsend as long as SJ is away will pretty much hit his numbers consistently. 

If your happy with the odd blip and possibly a saved trade then Milf should be a good option

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:32 am